Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kasie
Msg: 26
ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFEPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Your sooooooooooooooo bad!!

Wavfact
Msg: 27
view profile
History
ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFE
Posted: 5/28/2007 10:50:54 AM
Single life sucks! I'm not Mr. Independent, don't like it nor will ever get use to it.. don't want to either. What is the point or working hard everyday? to better my life? You need something to work for, strive to do better in whatever it is you do in life. Those of you lucky enough to have kids already have something to look after.. No matter how hard I try, my cats only appreciate me when I put the food down.. :(

Dennis
 kasie
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/28/2007 11:08:55 AM
Dennis I didnt have the pleasure of meeting you and if I did, Im sorry to say that the beers were taking over my mind.. lol I hope you have a safe trip back to luckys to collect your belongings and since you forgot them...

Just goes to show what a good time he was having..
 *mandrake*
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/28/2007 11:59:48 AM
Thank you everyone for your sharing posts, they have been informative and refreshing. I appreciate all the opinions expressed here.

I can appreciate that some people are not comfortable being alone. I have been blessed with two wonderful daughters, and one grandaughter, with another grandchild on the way, due this November!

I enjoy being single, as I have already stated. I don't miss being in a relationship, but I am not closed to that happening either. If it does, then so be it! If it doesn't, then that's ok too. I have wonderful friends along with my family. I have six sisters and no brothers, lots of nieces and nephews, so I am always surrounded with loving people.

I put just as much into my friendships, as I do my relationships. I have female friends as well as male friends, and am not lacking in the social department. I have a lot of involvement in the community, and belong to a few organizations. I am always active and meeting people from all walks of life.

I have a full and rewarding life that I enjoy, perhaps someday I will meet that special woman , who knows! But until then, I am quite happy and content just as I am.
 neck romancer
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2007 1:35:27 PM
I cant say im ever happy about it, but for the most part im usually ok with it.
Mabe 4 times a year im pretty upset about it but those times pass.
I really wish i could get tot he place mandrake seems to be speaking of.
 CrimsonKimono
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/28/2007 3:12:34 PM
It seems to me from reading these posts that part of the secret to a happy single life is getting rid of the feeling that it has been forced upon us. That idea of finding ourselves in an unfortunate situation.

I never dreamed I would end up at the place where I am at the present time. Back in those younger years, I thought I would live out my life married to the guy I married. Have the kids and the grandkids. Sit on the porch in the rocking chair. But I sometimes find myself sitting at one of the tables at the event held at Lucky's and wondering how in the world did I ever get there? How did I find my way to that very place? It wasn't all a series of "unfortunate" events. It's like a step-by-step journey that I've walked putting one foot in front of the other. No matter what state we find ourselves in, married or single, life is just one foot in front of the other and discovering where that might bring us.

So, perhaps it's not so much having the single life forced upon us than it is living an adventure. You never know who or what might be just around the corner. As mandrake pointed out, he is busy with his life. That in itself may be the answer to those times when we need some help getting through.
 Wavfact
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/28/2007 6:56:44 PM
I can honestly say I never get bored, its impossible for me, have far to many things to do or should be doing. But not once have I used it as a crutch to get over feeling alone. I'm very lucky to have a great life, great friends and spending each day being the best person I can to myself and those around me. but.... I do think about being alone, I think about how great it would be to share this with someone special.. I continue knowing that I WILL someday have someone special and possibly a family that will benefit from all I have done, I just need to find her (of she finds me). Never a question in my mind of "if", only "when".

I've read a lot of posts where many say "I will not settle for less" which is total BS! If your not willing to compremise or make sacrafices, then you will never be able to really commit to a relationship. Any good relationship takes a lot of hard work. Waiting for someone that "fits" all of your requirements exactly is insane.. Then sit back and wonder why all the good ones are taken.

There is an old saying that applies (me thinks): If you spend your life waiting for tomorrow, will you lose the opportunity to live today?

Just my 2 cents (about all its worth I suppose)

Dennis
 funnygirl9380
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/28/2007 8:27:58 PM
This is a very interesting thread. I learn so much from everyone on here. I have learned alot about being single.

1. I like being single especially when I am around my married friends and they start getting into some discussion, then arguement then the dirty looks and then silence...

2. I am very satisfied with my life .

3. Have decide to stop the whole dating train, IT'S DERAILING... and I have decide to hang around for the forums but I am so busy with my biz and friends I realized I don't have time for someone else right now. That's called excepting the single life...
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/28/2007 8:33:18 PM
If I have to be alone
Then I will make my mind serene
After all you're born alone, you die alone
You might as well spend every moment in between alone

But if I have to be alone
Then it will be on my own terms
I can never talk about it, ever show it
Even though the world is watching while I squirm alone

Nothing says it better.

You don't have to accept anything. Live on your terms.
 loraz0
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/29/2007 4:23:51 PM
I will start by saying I too fall under the sign of Aquarius. I have come to a point where I dont have a need for another person completely in my life. I enjoy friendships, and if someone comes along that changes that, then so be it.
I like my job, where I live, and I dont feel an emptiness because there is no woman in my life. It is easy to focus on the negative, and what you are missing, but much more rewarding to appreciate what you have, and to be good to yourself.
Making finding someone a life of death issue is a sure way to spoil your chances of happiness.
Misery is optional. Find your center, be yourself and it will come to you.
 jackie1954
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/29/2007 4:26:44 PM
Another Aquarius here... what is it about that sign and being alone???
 whattamann
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/30/2007 7:55:30 AM
I'm trying to live each single moment of every single day
by this quotation -
“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

This isn't the first time in my life that I've awaken single and
it very likely will not be the last. But I'm only "single" right NOW.
And that now I just spoke of is not now anymore. It's changed into THEN.
While I worry all about what's NOT in my life I'm not noticing what IS there.
I may be single but I'm never alone unless I truly choose to be.
Life is constanly changing and rearranging and for the most part based
on just mt personal experience it always gets better.
Every obstacle that I ever faced in my life I have somehow been able
to overcome to get to the point I am at today. Nothing has been forever yet.
So, in time, it's likely that I may find myself not single and hopefully I'll
have no regrets when that comes to pass.

Here's a poem or a nursery rhyme I recall from my youth.
Don't take it literally. I'm just posting it with a lighthearted sense.

I wish I was single again,
I wish I was single again.
Oh when I was single
my pockets did jingle,
I wish I was single again.

jackie1954
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/30/2007 8:40:40 AM

I'm trying to live each single moment of every single day
by this quotation -
“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

You've been reading my profile!!! That quote is about 1/2 down in the main section and is probably the only thing that hasn't ever changed in my profile the entire time I've been on this site... thank you!
 whattamann
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/30/2007 9:30:51 AM
Actually I've heard that quote quite a few times and sadly, I have to say that i don't recall viewing your profile but I plan to take a look in a moment. When I found it this AM I went looking here -

http://tinyurl.com/2dk2hc

But I've seen some of your other posts, Jackie, and you do write good stuff!
 mudflap1979
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2007 11:11:26 PM
Dont be down on yourselfs guys we laugh all the way too the bank...
 susiesnowflakes
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/31/2007 11:54:05 PM
Dumb question......why are 3 out of 4 of the previous posters including the guy who started the thread not from Ohio? Is the Ohio forum that popular that people from all over want to post here?

NowI know why I never could adjust to Ohio living, I must of only been lucky enough to meet people like you! How about saying Hi welcome our side of the world? what brings you here?
Why would it matter who answers a question from any state or gives their point so yes I agree
Dumb uestion

I do not have time to be concerned about living along since pof came into my life I always manage to find some idiot to entertain me

Ok in truth , when I first began to sleep a lone I hated it, But now I love it when I do have someone over, I think dang why did I say they could stay over they pull my cover off me or they take my favorite pillow and being the good hostess I say nothing, so I have to say it has great points, I just hate it when I itch some where and can't reach it for my self and have to get up out of my warm bed to go scratch it lol...

Susan
 Wavfact
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 5:31:47 AM
I tell you what there Susie, you can come over any time, steal ALL my pillows, you can even have my blanket.. and if ya got an itch, you tell me where to scratch...
 DebiSHB
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 6:57:52 AM
Now there's an offer you can't sanely REFUSE!!
 TheBigfut
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/1/2007 7:51:16 AM
Sure I could ... he's not my type!
 susiesnowflakes
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/1/2007 12:56:15 PM

I tell you what there Susie, you can come over any time, steal ALL my pillows, you can even have my blanket.. and if ya got an itch, you tell me where to scratch...

Grins and giggles careful there I am in ohio right at the moment I may take you up on this, Do you have lots of pillows I sleep with 11 of them lmao...

Sure I could ... he's not my type!

Cute
 Wavfact
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 6/1/2007 3:02:12 PM
11 Pillows!? Holy crap! There wouldn't be any room for anyoen else on that bed..

I sleep with 3
 susiesnowflakes
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/1/2007 9:19:51 PM

11 Pillows!? Holy crap! There wouldn't be any room for anyoen else on that bed..

LOl figures you'd say you did not have enough pillow's, you just wanted away out of me showing up at your house to take the blankets after all .... Actually I do have 11 pillows on my bed, I have a king size bed... Need to make it look pretty when I am not in it:)

Susan
 DesertFox3
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2007 1:11:58 AM
NowI know why I never could adjust to Ohio living, I must of only been lucky enough to meet people like you! How about saying Hi welcome our side of the world? what brings you here?

Now this wouldn't be the same woman, formerly from Northeastern Ohio making this statement, that questioned me a while back, when I posted my similar thoughts on adjusting to the people of this area?

I have you beat, when I was house sitting 2 weeks ago I was sleeping with 17 pillows.

too many...
 Wavfact
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2007 6:13:34 AM
There's only 2 pillows I need, the rest will be on the floor..
 susiesnowflakes
Msg: 50
Posted: 6/21/2007 2:12:41 AM

Now this wouldn't be the same woman, formerly from Northeastern Ohio making this statement, that questioned me a while back, when I posted my similar thoughts on adjusting to the people of this area?

Nope not me, I don't think so, do not ever remeber seeing your nic before, However I do not think everyone in ohio is like him, I have met some great people here in ohio from the forums of course, Not in the real world as of yet:)
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFE