Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 74
ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFEPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I think some relationships are soul filled, but fall into the "For a Reason" or "For a Season" category

I have recently read Eckhert Tolle's books and although I disagree with his depersonalization of God into a vague "source," I did find his explanation of "being" so valuable. I would not have gotten through a recent disappointment without having had these books, and I feel that I now have some very useful tools to continue on a much higher quality of life.

Tolle's explanation is much like J!dub's although Tolle calls it loving from the ego rather than our being. The ego is so problematic because it seeks its own, and often what we think of love is just our ego being satisfied (soul filled). True love comes from the inner being which is not the ego. Our being is not the pain body either which each of us has from our past history to one degree or another.

I have found that in my being (who I really am) I am a completely fulfilled and very happy person, no matter what my ego says or how much my pain body has suffered. I don't have to live in those.

I would recommend reading these books for an explanation of how the realm of the soul works and how to come into the present moment, not living in the past or looking toward the future.
 wildbill5891
Msg: 75
view profile
History
ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFE
Posted: 9/12/2009 1:07:51 PM
Could somebody define "single life" ?
 MissElaineESJones
Msg: 76
ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFE
Posted: 9/12/2009 5:36:50 PM
wildbill, that's a good question! I would say that the single life is living life without a relationship in which two people have decided to become one in the way that they live. It is the exact opposite of the married life, which can be the greatest thing in the world or the worst thing in the world. Nothing is so intense than evolving a committed relationship such as this. Perhaps the single life's intensity deals with how the emotions and the physical side of life stop at singleness rather than what would feel like full expression with another. However, some people do feel full expression in life as a single person. It just depends upon the person.
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > ACCEPTING THE SINGLE LIFE