Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Del Monty !
Msg: 51
I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home DepotPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
You've just learned the true secret about men in the South !! A mint julep and a hearty "howdy y'all" for you ! Most of us men here are not the stereotypical crude ignorant Southern Rednecks that Hollywood would have the public believe we all are. Courtesy is a habit that has been carried over as a standard for men for generations in the South....well before the Civil War era. Unfortunately,all the wackos in society that have intentions of hurting women and kids are ruining this tradition of courteous and kindness. It's hard to know who to trust anymore,but there are still a few gentlemen around these days ! Good Luck !
 SOBEIT19
Msg: 52
view profile
History
I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot
Posted: 5/30/2007 3:16:21 PM
I have never seen so many buff butt crack guys in all my life.. I love shopping at home depot and lowes lol
 outdoorsgirl_2007
Msg: 53
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:10:50 AM
I'm with you, sister! Personally, I like the outdoors types too, so I am adding Gander Mountain to my new hangout list. LMAO. I am more interested now in meeting a guy in real time than online. But love PoF and the forums!

I saw an adorable guy at the laundromat recently, I dropped off a comforter too large for my washer. We each made brief eye contact and smiled. He was gone when I picked up my item later.

I was at Kroger on the 4th, and saw an cute guy getting on a Harley Road King. I was tired from a ton of errands and was putting the cart away. He started the bike up, and when I heard the familiar sound, glanced toward him. He smiled this adorable smile and nodded his head, saying "hi." I cheered up...quickly...and smiled back. LOL.

Bottom line...guys are everywhere. But I still like the odds better at the Home Improvement and Outdoor supply stores!
 forums1
Msg: 54
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:28:39 AM
Damn, maybe I'll have to visit Home Depot more often! Who would think there would be all these women looking for a guy to... uh, take care of their "plumbing" at night!
 000firefighter
Msg: 55
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:57:02 AM
The Home Depot out here has about 15 young Fire Fighters working there part time, there you go ladies; Some one who finds them hot and leaves them wet (fires silly people) and like some people have said can nail anything...

There are managers employed there just to walk around and make sure non of that stuff is actually happening, if you have ever noticed, when you are talking to a customer its usually not long before a manager is there standing beside you and making sure you are doing your job.
 party_girl4u
Msg: 56
Posted: 7/6/2007 6:28:10 AM
I think hanging out at the local Lowe's...Menards....Home Depot is a wonderful idea....there are some sexy construction guys that go in there but don't forget your local grocery store too....usually...not always those are the single ones.....
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 7:24:23 AM
Been shopping there for years, I know more about what's there than the average woman, but if I see a hot guy, I'll play stupid and pretend I'm looking for something (that can actually pass as something I wouldn't know where to find). Works every time.

I love tradesmen, and that's where to find a lot of em. We can shop for them while they shop for their materials.
 dancecard
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 7:59:50 AM
I am a Mechanical Contractor ~ When I started in this profession, They all called me Boy! ~ I hated that ~ now , 90 years year old's, don't call me Boy anymore. ~ And yes, Home Depot is a wonderful place to met Chick's. ~ However, most of the Darling are preoccupied with their task at hand ~ Plumbing, Hardware and Electrical are the best areas ~ they will have this look on their face ~ kind of like ~ a calf staring at a new gate, they are confussed and uncertain as to what to do or buy. ~ ~ Sadly, you can only help them and move on ~ maybe, card them is all. ~ They too might be married or involved in some way ~ or like a poster suggested , they might think you are a felon, because you are a working man. ~ ~ You can't hold a Contractors Licenses in the State of Texas and be a Felon. ~~ and above all ~ I'm in Home Depot a lot ~ I can't actively engage in such behavior. ~ I've had more luck meeting new sweeties in Church, they are there, just waiting on you to show up! ~ Dar
 loyal T
Msg: 59
Posted: 7/6/2007 8:20:22 AM
Dan, where do you go to church that has that happen? I have tried even joining a fellowship group and they were all married there..no thanks. I also have to say to message 5, try to get the woman's attention in the parking lot. HOW can one refuse service if the public parking lot is open to all that arrive there? I feel that the store is not able to dictate how and where to have a social life attempt. Some Walmarts actually assist singles shopping with a certain cart to advertise. I mean, within reason. No intimacy on the asphalt or in an aisle of course. I would think Op some guys feel more important or useful and /or are just nice guys helping out when they saw you struggle to get that in the van just. IF one doesn't flirt then or offer a phone number I personally wouldn't take it as more than being helpful. I have had some really interesting encounters at a grocery store , too bad that left the state now. I felt it had alot of business but they somehow didn't make enough money to stay. In response to this:{ I doubt guys would hit on any women there, since it's the one place most husbands don't mind shopping at.} What makes it unlikely for a single guy that is handy to go and get supplies there as well? I have an ex bf that remodels bathrooms and kitchens for a living. He isn't married and may very well go to a place like that for supplies. I bet the business goes where the needed items are the cheapest cost. Sad assumption that only married men shop there.
 ipfreak
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 8:37:51 AM
well, doesn't this a part of human society suppose to be? you see someone need help and you are able, then lend a hand, that's all.

i don't see how this dating thing and that get connected, in general. i don't deny there are some cases but those are exceptions.
 irislily7
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 8:50:48 AM
Very interesting although this is a sad commentary on society! A shame everything comes to money.....
What are you always doing at the courthouse anyway?!

Just Curious
 outdoorsgirl_2007
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/6/2007 9:35:01 AM
I love those Southern boys!!!

I was at the Bristol, Tn, Nascar race in March. I had forgotten my sunglasses, and the stranger in the seat next to me heard me comment to my friend about forgetting them. He offered me his, that he as wearing. We were watching the jets flyover and A guy jump with a parachute I told him, "thanks, but you only have one pair...you need them too." He said "well, ma'am, I'd rather for you to be comfortable and have a great time!" He was cute, about 5 yrs older than me.

What a sweetheart. He would have been a better souvenier than the shirt I bought!
 SunnyTexas
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 11:06:53 AM
This is too funny, but the last time I needed help at Lowe's was when I was trying to get two cedar planks in the back seat of my car. A "boy" saw I was havin' a hard time and came to help me. I told him it was the first time I ever got "bored" in the back seat of a caddillac, he laughed and kept chucklin' and I figured out why...then to diffuse the awkwardness, I told him....but ya can't say I didn't get "WOOD" ! ! in the backseat !

I wasn't flirtin' ! honest injun I wasn't !...okay, maybe I was. But he was really too young for ole Sunny.
 blondago56
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 11:29:15 AM
hey vangrad! not just home depot or lowes...(although i love going into Home Depot) But do you realize how may Men stop to get coffee at 7-Eleven in the Mornings before work????? OODLES!!
 asheel_heel
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/6/2007 12:46:33 PM
The only problem finding an available man at the big box stores is the vaunted male single mindedness-
On my last trip to HD a woman, smiling brightly, waved for my attention and asked "Do you work here?" (No, I wasn't wearing my favorite orange apron that day.)
Already plotting my navigation around the store so as to pick up the 16' 2x10s last, I just said "No, sorry. I think the lumber guy 's in the next aisle" and kept going.

It probably goes back to the male's equally vaunted insensitivity to flirtatious behavior. Even if she was looking for something other than hardware, she'd need to be wearing a "Single and Looking" sticker on her forehead before I'd have noticed.

Maybe I have to add this to the list:

2" galvanized nails
cedar under course shingles
primer
woman

"Excuse me. Can you tell me where to find your exterior grade women?"
 dancecard
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:19:43 PM
LoyalT ~ don't go to the same church ~ twice ~~ visit ~ churches ~ make a adventure of it ~ I seen a cute little church outside of town yesterday ~ just drop in ~ True! Church can be a drag ~ The church my parents goes to for example ~ All dieing out ~ out ~ find a crowd that fits you ~ God don't care ~ promise ~ It a hit and miss deal ~ but don't enroll in something that don't excite you in some way ~ That's not the plan. ~ ~ I'm not a serious church goer ~ ~ but the topic here was ~ "To met someone" ~ Oh! ~ and I'm smoker ~ so I don't need to be talking to you anyway. ~ Just stay away from smokers and any Church that uses snakes in church ~ and you'll maybe have some fun. ~ Most Trades Men do smoke ladies! ~ just in case you gals hadn't thought that far yet! ~ Dar
 CallmeJewels
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/6/2007 3:37:43 PM
I don't have to leave my front door. I am in a fairly new home(2 years new) and let's just say I had 6 men on my front lawn yesterday. My youngest took the liberty that they were cool to watch--so I invited my neighbour over for a drink while they did some work on the lawn. Hello00000!

Otherwise construction crews everywhere in this neighbourhood. I get my visual daily!

And a tip: Sunday mornings at the grocery store there are tons of single men I have found!
 dancecard
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2007 8:59:20 AM
LoyalT, ~ I wasn't chewing you up ~ just teasing you is all ~ ~ But you do , restrict and limit yourself alot ~ with your comfort zone thingy ~ ~ there was a time I did as well ~ when I was younger and had time on my side ~ or so I thought ~ As for age ~ I understand ~ ~ a comfort thing again ! ~ I was not perusing you, ~ just commenting and following up ~ but your restrictions force me to come front and center here, ~ I can't access you but you can access me ~ hardly conducive to fair exchange. ~ We 're not trading spit but ideas and life experinces here. ~~ Please excuse this exchange folks, it's not relevent to the thread. Dar
 Girlflower
Msg: 69
Posted: 7/8/2007 8:57:55 AM
Dang it... I love Home Depot and Lowes' but the tool department at Sear's has my heart... oooh we aren't talking about tools here... oops men oh well... all three are great places to check out the men folk....... hum other places.... my local boatyard.. love old stuff to use in the garden.. fishing gear stores... ladies take up target shooting.. always a fellow around to help you understand how to handle a peacemaker... rotf...

Yes it is a slow Sunday in Sebastian...
 Girlflower
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:01:22 AM
Wamarts and the shopping carts ..... I LOVE IT!!! Have to tell the local manger about that one!!!! Guess it Pays To Advertise.....

Girlflower
 Janet4now
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:20:11 AM
Sporting events are better to really meet someone... or better still, take up golf.
 Browneyedgal67
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/8/2007 9:44:56 AM
I too have seen some really great looking men in hardware stores. Dirty or not, I wish they would have talked to me. Sometimes the rugged "I am working" look is a real turn on!
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2007 3:22:58 PM
Wow I have had no such luck! Last time I went to Menards I had to load 25 bags of mulch into my truck myself!!! The employees were sitting around smoking and I was like F that, I'm no prissy girl, I can do it myself!
Maybe I'll have to check out Home Depot... although I heard a rumor that protitutes work in the shed after dark...
 jewelescent
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/8/2007 8:22:19 PM
Ive been to a home depot only once in my life and the guy that was helping us was flirting with me right in front of my mom!
 mmmnicky
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2007 6:26:32 AM
re message 2...

they did a survey in australia i think? cant remember what country.. but trademan came out number 1 for sex appeal..

something about a little dust and smudges and sweat that get a girl going.. mmmhmm
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot