Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kasualea
Msg: 76
I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home DepotPage 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
My 2 cents;
I took a job at Lowe's 10 yrs. ago figuring it would be a great place to meet men. Still working there , but so far, not much luck. Customers will flirt, smile, be nice, but never ask me out. Have dated a few fellow emplyoees, but no bells and whistles so far. I do know one cashier who got asked out by a customer and they're still together 2 yrs later, so there is hope. I do have a lot of wonderful friends there, almost all single ladies and we sure don't have much luck finding some one to date. Did have a funny experience Sat. night, tho. We had all gone to a local hang out after work to hear a band that we enjoy. A guy who was sitting at the bar did ask one of my friends to dance with him, but he kept talking to her about a much younger woman who was dancing with her friends. He finally dumped
my friend and spent the rest of the eve. with the younger woman. Made poor Trudy feel really special!javascript:smilie('')
 KellyE1010
Msg: 77
I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:32:38 AM
i thought about this once..
getting a part time job
but i don't know if i like the men who work there...
anyway any feedback on your thoughts would be appreciated
i go for metrosexuals
i don't know if any work there if you know what i'm saying
lol
 This is Now
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/9/2007 12:37:43 PM
I think it's a great place to guy watch but most of them are married and if they did approach me it would be for something on the side. Not into it.

They look sexy though all covered in paint specks, drywall dust etc.
 JDMETRO
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/9/2007 5:05:57 PM
Better learn to speak Spanish as 25% of the customers at Home Depot or Lowe's are illegal aliens...

Joe
 bliss serendipity
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2007 5:21:03 PM
Hope Depot Management (male and female) are famous for hitting on and harassing young female and male employees. If you complain, you are out of a job. My children have worked there, and a few friends. I try not to shop there if I can help it.

And yes, older supposedly mature men hit on young female shoppers too.
 Sincere078
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/9/2007 5:27:31 PM
blue sunshine:
Girl...what part of the South? I sooooooo need to move there!
 djknowone
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/10/2007 5:50:30 PM
LOL hardware store pimping!!!!
 Wullis
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2007 12:04:28 AM
think it's a great place to guy watch but most of them are married and if they did approach me it would be for something on the side. Not into it.

59% of adults are married (2000) so it stands to reason MOSTANY PLACE YOU GO the majority of men will be married,....... So Just give up looking for a man

let's go further 22% of married men have cheated(2003) so 78% of the married men @ home depot wouldn't even approach you. So of men that MIGHT approach you, 7% would be married (theoretically) once you factor in attractors, age groups ect ....It would be less than 2%

I don't get it!!!! People really don't want to take chances anymore............They want to meet one person and that person be the perfect one.... GARRANTEED. What are you smoking? Dating is a process.......Otherwise is would be life matching not dating
 BDRT
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/4/2007 6:13:51 AM
I worked at a hardware store for 6 1/2 years. The only guys who hit on me were either married or nasty or both. Not once did I meet anyone who was interested in dating me.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/4/2007 6:22:29 AM
BDRT, maybe you missed the signals. Most of those guys came in looking for a screw or to get a nut..... Probably a few looking for a good caulking......
 tomozzo
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/4/2007 1:00:21 PM
no^^^^^ we're looking for a woman who won't leave us board..... eeewww that was a bad one.
 pazoozoo
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2007 1:17:04 PM
Hardware stores, auto parts stores, sporting goods stores, and places that sell motorcycles are great for meeting guys.
 Bethlet
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/4/2007 1:52:33 PM
Well damn it. I'm holding out for that guy I meet at the salon while I'm waiting for my pedi and mani.

EastSideEddie
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:11:15 PM

'm holding out for that guy I meet at the salon while I'm waiting for my pedi and mani.

Honey, chances are he already HAS a boyfriend......

tomozzo
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:15:44 PM
sometimes that's the case eddie but not with me. why?
i own a....

ta da.... TANNING SALON.

problem... it's my policy not to ask out any of my customers. but i sure wish some of these women would ask me out.
 Bethlet
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:32:30 PM
lol, Good one east Side Eddie....I know, I know....but you know what?

My 23 year old son....who one could term a metrosexual....
LOVES to come to the salon with me when I get my hair streaked. Know why? He'll sit in the chair next to mine and chat up all the girls for the two hours it takes me to get my hair foiled. LOL

He's smarter than the average bear.
 NOW_ON_AUCTION
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2007 5:47:18 PM
only losers you'll find at the laundramat.go to gelsons.
 The first kiss 68
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/24/2007 1:07:25 AM
thats not always true hun ive worked for the home depot for 10 years now.i mean part of it can be true . but how nice ya wanna look in a wearhouse. ive met alota nice men through the years also some bad ones too. and trust me a little dirt on your clothes shows your working and not like we all dont shower when we get home.. its more the cuatmers that come in looking like that spome dont even shower or brush thier teweth .. all i can say i never had a problem in 10 years meeting anyone the way im dressed
 The first kiss 68
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/24/2007 1:08:14 AM
lol thats funny where did you here that one from
 The Belly
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/24/2007 1:29:12 AM
I am a contractor and often find myself in lumber stores. There is never a shortage of beautiful women working and shopping there.

The issue for myself is more of being a professional! Not wanting to come on to strong or to make the woman feel uncomfertable while she is at work! (respect)

Now you ladies have me rethinking the whole thing... Geedy up...

But when it comes to the women that would like to get our attention while we're in the store that really easy!!! Walk up and ask us a question about something. Throw a hint our way about doing your own repairs because your single.. Or touch our hand or arm as we talk.. A wink mixed that sexy smile you use to melt us works too..

It's hard to guess who is there shopping for lumber and who is there shopping for wood! Help us out and make it easier for us to see.. Don't forget how men get around new shinny tools too!

~Belly~

P.S. I'll be a Lowe's on airport highway at about 9am today..Hang out by the air nailers till I get there..
 Lucky_2b_me
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 9:08:37 AM
You would actually be amazed at the people that come into Home Depot to "people" shop. I work at Home Depot and not a day goes by that I dont get hit on, guys trying to ask me out for lunch or trying to get my number. Its a nice jesture but not really the kind Im looking for, I figure if they are hitting on me at Home Depot they will leave and go to Lowes and hit on someone else. Will admitt there are some damn nice looking contractors that come in and flirt, some just dont hide that little gold band as well as others. I am lucky enough to know most of the contractors, almost on a first name basis, they all know I work the opening shift monday-friday, they know my break and lunch schedules, and when I am not there they are asking the pro-desk associates where I am. They get upset when I dont warn them ahead of time when I will be on vacation and such. I guess our store is more laid back and the managers dont mind when you flirt with customers and give out your number. If your ever just "people" shopping and you find a attractive associate and you dont know how to strike up a conversation, just remember the name and mention something to a cashier, you'd be suprised what could happen next. Home Depot is like a big family, we know the 411 on each other, and willing to help each other hook someone up! The guys I work with have made a dating guideline that guys must pass in order to date me, they feel it is their duty to help me find the "right" one, and not just anyone will do.
Its that time of year, there are lots and lots of females shopping at Home Depot!!
 37heidi
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/24/2007 9:18:30 AM
Aa good way to meet a man is to get a job there or any retail place. I thought of applying for part time job at home depot just for the man exposure. he he.

When I worked at Jcpenney for 6 years I got asked out by customers constantly. On the down side I had a lot of creeps stalking me and offering me money for sex and all sorts of strange people. I guess you got to take the good with the bad. LOL!

I found the library is a good place to meet men. No joke. I get more flerts and asked out more just by being at the library than I ever do by going to a bar. Strange but true. I think I had good luck at retail places for I flert back and smile and wink and such and let them know subtlely that I thought he was cute. I work in an office now and have very little exposure to people now.
 Wullis
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 9:26:38 AM

I figure if they are hitting on me at Home Depot they will leave and go to Lowes and hit on someone else.

What kind of criteria is that................You really have me wondering

Why not say if they hit on me at the bar they'll leave and go to another bar and hit on someone else.
if they hit on me at church they'll leave and go to another church and hit on someone else.
if they hit on me on POF they'll leave and go to Harmony and hit on someone else.
if they hit on me at the grocery store they'll leave and go tothe corner market and hit on someone else.

Is there some magical place men are supposed to meet women, express interest, find out if we have common ground.

Even the end of the rainbow has two locations
 GrannieAnnie
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/24/2007 9:51:01 AM
I'm thinking about getting a part time job there.
 p-trishTHEdish
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/24/2007 11:30:23 AM
but by the time i was every man there was over 40 and way to mature to hit on women.

LOL
where do you get your info from ?? men over 40 hit on women! ALL THE TIME! usually they are a little more subtle about it and have a bit more finesse than their 22 yr/o counterparts
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot