Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mizbex
Msg: 101
I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home DepotPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
There are lots and lots of cute, friendly and helpful men at Home Depot. Not to mention some of the broadest shoulders and ... wait I am going to stop myself now. I think I need a new hammer.
 Wullis
Msg: 102
view profile
History
I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot
Posted: 11/24/2007 1:08:05 PM
Oh ........When a single man of any age stops hitting on women, start digging a hole.......he's already dead
 dreamcatcher39
Msg: 103
Posted: 11/24/2007 2:28:53 PM
About the cutest guy i have seen at my local Home Depot was a cardboard cutout of the Holmes on homes guy. Was seriously considering asking the manager if i could have it when they were done with it.

Although, i have found that Canadian tire is a target rich environment. Especially early on a Saturday morning.
 mlsaarln
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/24/2007 7:10:45 PM

Usually the people I see at Home Depot are
1.) covered in paint speckles
2.) dusted with drywall sanding
3.) have potting soil dirt on their knees
4.) still have the welding bandanna on, etc., etc

ummm, what's wrong with that?
 crabstuffing
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/24/2007 7:13:57 PM
YOu know what, this is a major thing! I didn't even think about it. Everytime I go there I get gawked at. It's funny as hell. I love the dirty stinky construction men too. I think I should start going more often.
 occupant
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/24/2007 10:02:39 PM
I used to date a girl who worked at Lowe's. Couldn't go see her at work but I could pick her up, drop her off, take her to lunch, but she said I couldn't really go in and talk to her there because management was pretty hung up on some kind of sexual harassment charges they had back in the day. Guess that explains that weird policy.
 The first kiss 68
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/27/2007 5:59:15 AM
sooooo not true
 Aerynn
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/28/2008 2:28:37 AM
Damn. Last time I was there, I must have been too busy eying the power tools to notice the men eying me.
 barefoot63
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/28/2008 3:25:55 AM
you have the right idea...try crappy tire, and princess auto too. And most of us guys with the dust and the welding beanies, clean up REAL nice!
 mystery2me
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:38:24 AM
I went to Lowe's to get a slab of drywall. When I got it outside, I couldn't fit it in my car. I had a guy put it in his car and bring it home for me. Yes, those are the places to meet men, for sure. I haven't been there in a while. I'm sure I must need something...
 Dragon Heaart
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/28/2008 5:46:44 AM
The problem when I go into one of these stores is that I am a contractor and not a home handyman, who is usually in there on his time off work. I am in there to pick up specific items. Picking up 50-100 items takes time and if they do not get back to the job site on time work may stop. I notice women in the stores all the time but if I was to stop and talk to them work WOULD stop. If a woman came up to me and needed help or started a conversation it might be different and my workers would probably love them too, as they would get paid for sitting and waiting....lol
 texasbaby
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 9/28/2008 6:49:06 AM
Home Depot didn't work that well for me ~ I stopped once to pick up something needed for a home repair and of course, it was on a shelf, high above my reach.
I looked around for the man of my dreams to help me, but he was no where in sight. Instead, around the end of the isle came a lesbian couple, one of which was a very tall woman.
She very kindly reached up and handed me the item I needed.... Of course, I appreciated the assistance and thanked her,,, still that didn't quite work out like I expected.

tb
 lil_ladybug
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:48:56 AM
It's hit or miss, you definitely don't want to make it a point to hang out at HD or Lowe's JUST to meet men. Granted, I met a former boyfriend there. So keep your eyes open EVERYWHERE you go, you just might meet that special someone!
 indehills
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/28/2008 7:55:32 AM

but she said I couldn't really go in and talk to her there because management was pretty hung up on some kind of sexual harassment charges they had back in the day.

OOORRRRR the more likely scenario that she didn't want anyone in there to know she had a boyfriend.
 Vannili
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 9/29/2008 9:50:17 PM
You can not score on these places Home Depot, or Lowe's because the guys are focus on their projects or jobs. I was shopping at one time in my black mini,black stockings ,high heels and blazer from work Wow!!! In a blink of an eye I was surrounded by many men greeting me Hi and good afternoon. I am not in the mood to notice these guys I am totaly focus on my projects one guy help me to put the heavy concret in my car trunk.
 dulcerosa
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/29/2008 11:46:28 PM
You know, I avoid Lowe's because I'm not a DIY, but last week I actually had to go there and you're right, there were men EVERYWHERE. So the same thought you had crossed my mind......and you wouldn't even have to wear a little black dress, you could just be casual......I think the drawback may be finding the singles? Aren't most men at Lowe's married? Maybe not? I don't really know, as I said, I'm not a Do It Yourself-er Lowe's Shopper.........
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > I'm gonna start hanging out at Lowe's and Home Depot