Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do younger guys tend to like older women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cynicaljynx
Msg: 76
view profile
History
why do younger guys tend to like older women?Page 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
When I was in my mid 20's I was usually interested in women who were in their early to mid 30's, and a lot of it was due to maturity levels. By that time in my life I was starting to look around for someone to settle down with, but most the woman my own age were very much into flirt / party / pretty boy stage, and were not ready to settle down. Many of the woman I knew who were in their 30's, however, were starting to move past that and seriously look for that one person to settle down for the long haul with. I am not a looker, and have NEVER been called handsome or attractive. I have, however, been called amusing, funny, nice, and stable, and these things start to become more important then looks as one gets older.
 mthom45
Msg: 77
view profile
History
why do younger guys tend to like older women?
Posted: 2/19/2008 8:17:14 PM
I have to agree with what you just said about older women-I'm one of them and I would probably have to add that younger girls are much more timid and far less relaxed about even just hanging out for an evening. I know for myself I don't allow the words "cougar" or "panther" to intimidate me because I know I'm still hot and I've got personality and vibrance not to mention more confidence over the years. I would think that's what most guys young or older are looking for. Please correct if I'm wrong. I have always found problems with older guys myself-most of them are too stuffy for me. No girl likes a couch potato! Hope to hear back from you. Thanks.
 Snohma
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/19/2008 9:40:41 PM
Older people tend to be stronger people, and I like strong women.

I can't stand a weak person.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/20/2008 3:31:42 AM
I tell you what, there's a few women in their early 30's possibly late 20's at the hospital I work in that are nice, incredibly attractive and honestly I have no idea how they are single. However, I would think that women of that age are probably lookin for someone that has a bit more wordly experiance/wealth. Which makes them sorta unlikely prospects and that puts them in higher demand. Everyone wants stuff they can't have.
 northeast25
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/20/2008 8:08:14 AM
I don't necessary prefer older women. But I would consider dating a woman that is 10-12 years older than me. Some older women have a great combination of looks, maturity, wisdom, and sexual experience. LOL. But I probably wouldn't seriously date a woman who is 20+ years older than me. IMO we most likely would have different long term future goals due to the very large any difference
 dacarlos
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2008 10:30:48 AM
Eyes Wide Open- I had a sexual experience with an older woman from an early age. Environment-I come from a small town. Options were limited
Strive-A need to mature sooner and a drive to accomplish goals and careers throrough networking
 davidgeorge
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/20/2008 10:57:39 AM
I have always liked older women....... I am 39 now and i normaly contact older women!
Why was your question...... I have no idea i have just always found them more attractive and as for when they get older will they go for younger women, i still have not had that hankering at all............. but i have had some freinds that have!

It just comes to personel prefrence doesn't it?? when i think someone is stunning and say WOW!!! she is stunning!...... Someone else may think are you outta your tiny lill mind

I like green cars my mate likes black ones
I like to lay in of a morning my mate likes to get up and get something done

Horses for courses
 Pocketwatches
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/28/2008 9:47:40 AM
I'm a 22 year old man and I can tell you it's not any more or less about sex than it would be with any other woman. Some younger guys just enjoy the personalities that women who are older have.

someone of my age who has her head screwed on

Bingo! I think you just answered your own question =)

Also aren't women in their 30s a lot less attractive than the girls of these young men's own age?

No way! If anything they're more beautiful! I good woman, like wine, only gets better with age.
 Schadenfreudian
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/28/2008 9:51:04 AM
It's for the same reason that inspires women to ask about why older men prefer younger women.
 Jemue
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/28/2008 10:04:52 AM
Experience, maturity and authenticity I'd say.
 Fire6320
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/28/2008 11:32:33 AM
I'm a younger guy (23) and I've never really dated anyone younger than 30.

I'm a mature guy and I get along well with people who are older than I am. All of my friends guys and women are at least 30. I don't tend to hang around young adults because of their maturity level. I'm not big on getting wasted or "runnin down some ho's" or "Bumpin' my music so the girlies can bounce to it".

I've only dated older women and I love it. Younger girls cannot hold a conversation. If they can, it's only about their hair, or sex. I like to be able to talk about anything with a woman. And there's more to a relationship than just sex. I know most girls my age where I live all want just sex and I'm not into that. The oldest I've dated was 49.

Actually I've been trying to contact some older women but they see me as some young guy who's looking to get laid when in fact, I'm looking for someone who I can go out on a real date with and see if it turns into something.

If you were to create a list of pros and cons, older women would come out on top everytime.
 SPARKYtheTOWNmarshal
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/28/2008 3:20:42 PM
OP(caramelcakes )...I like women in their early 30's as I find them more mature, they don't engage in needless drama, and are far less likely to engage in mind-games compared to a girl in her early to mid 20s...There are a lot of really hot woman in the early 30s...

Women in their early 30s "generally" tend to be more balanced compared to their early to mid 20's counterparts...
 happygoluckyguy68
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/28/2008 3:40:20 PM
I'm 39 and go for older women....... and always have done! i have no idea why i just find them more acctractive for some reason

I had an IM from a user name i did not reconise the other night, we chatted and i enjoyed her company we was a blast....... but when i checked her profile out later she was only 27 and that well i don't know, but i kinda lost intrest even though i had enjoyed chatting to her.

Yeah i know i'm weird
 SpartanFirefox
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/20/2008 11:25:15 PM
I sure has hell don't! I am 24 years old, and I would much rather someone my own age, or younger. The reason being, not for sex or anything like that, but for similarities in life experiences. Specificly meaning I would much rather meet someone that grew up at the same rate as I grew up, mentally, physically, geographically. That way we can share similar experiences due to closeness in age, and it would draw us even closer to having a better relationship. Not all young guys want older women, if anything it's actually the extreme other way around. Or at least that is my opinion.
 velogal
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/21/2008 12:50:26 AM
Never understood this myself. Still don't know quite what to make of it - I know 'duh, for the sex' was my initial reaction as well. Personally I'm not quite comfortable with a guy even 3 years my junior, but there's been some reasonable and intriguing reasons put forth here! Interesting....
 d3viuz21
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/21/2008 6:48:40 AM
I have been dating older women since I was 18. At 18 I was dating a 30 year old and I loved it. It seems to me older women and younger guys sync very well for a few factors:

1. Younger guys have the energy to keep up with them and do just about whatever they want, whenever they want , where ever they want (i.e. Retiling the kitchen then sexing her for an hour right after, chasing her kid around all day and still have energy to take her out for a night of dancing)

2. Younger guys aren't stuck in their ways yet so can be molded into what that woman wants.

3. Nothing is a bigger ego boost to an older woman than having a young hot guy confirm that "she still has it" and nothing is a bigger ego boost to a younger guy than confirmation he can get an older woman to fall for him (young girls are too easy).

4. Plus the lack of drama because a young guy is more open minded, less established so is more adaptable while the older woman has her stuff together and can put him on the right path without much detouring or deviating from her set path..

They fit..

I am all for the younger guy older woman combo and I welcome all older women with open arms.. I love you lol
 catnipmint
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:32:31 AM
Hey Yogeshi...you're right on with your answers! I can tell you, I'm more in tuned with my body now, then I ever was in my 20's, 30's, even 40's. I KNOW what I want, and I'm not shy about asking for it...lol

Here's to all the "older" women...50 is the new 30...and so on....
LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH....life is too short for the gamers

Schadenfreudian
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/21/2008 10:55:19 AM

However, I would think that women of that age are probably lookin for someone that has a bit more wordly experiance/wealth. Which makes them sorta unlikely prospects and that puts them in higher demand. Everyone wants stuff they can't have.
I love the irony of circular illogic.
 transcend
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 11:24:59 AM
a few other things to ponder
1) older women aren't as likely to be riddled with STD's ( in some locations the reported rate among 16-20 year old females is 50 %.. one of my daughters 21 year old friends came back recently from a clinic visit with the report she had 4 different stds after being with only 3 different males.. i wonder how unusual her situation is..
of course as these younger males visit the older women the problem might not be generational for long.
2) older women don't want children so handle the birth control issue more reliably
3) older women are less likely to be seeking a younger partner for marriage

hell if i was in my 20's and following logic ,Id be seeking a late 30's early 40's partner as well
 NotSoWorthyPlayboy
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:22:51 PM
I tend to ejoy older (then me!) women for a number of reasons.

I'm quite young (21) and still need somebody to take care of me, well...not really, but I enjoy being spoiled. Older girls take me places, introduce me to business prospects, and generally have more of a life going for them.

Older girls are usually more mature-intelligent, thoughtful conversations, very little drama, and we can relate on a much higher level.

LAst, I HATE "training" girls. I'm into multiple partners, fetish, and many other "fringe" type things. Younger girls are usually very reluctant and close minded about this sexuality. Introducing them to this type of stuff is a pain, and they tend to make an ass of themselves...and me.

I hope this helps!

Yours truly,

Jeremy
 NERO1
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/21/2008 3:57:36 PM
Not necessarily, depends on the woman; some in their 30's are actually better-looking than some in their 20's. But then again it all depends on the person. As to why younger guys like "older women", probably a certain type of "taboo" aspect to the whole thing perhaps. If they like women who are WAY way older then perhaps they have a mother / aunt fixation or something like that, subconsciously.. . (paging Dr.Freud....). Anyway it seems like some of us men go for the "older woman" fantasy when we are younger, but then as we get a bit older ironically we go back to a "younger woman" fantasy.....
 strangerstill
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2008 4:02:40 PM
I was never interested in older women when I was a youngster.
 jurupa
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:05:06 PM
The reason I am getting more interested in older women are because:

- More mature than younger girls (read: no games)
- Know what they want
- Are more comfortable with their bodies
- Are more confident
- More independent

Basically its like with wine. Some wine are better letting age and mature to be open latter, while others are better off opening now and not let aging. But those you let age tend to be a lot better in taste and smell than those you open up right off the bat with no aging.
 champsportchief
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 2:11:32 PM
I really don't know many men that prefer and older women to a younger one. Sure there are some guys that just think it's cool to tell their friends they nailed a "MILF" but generally speaking I would much rather date a girl 2-3 years younger than me than older than me.
 HDynasty81
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/22/2008 3:27:10 PM
It's been said several times already, because of the maturity factor.

Younger women are very superficial for the most part and if you don't fit the bad boy image type, more than likely they don't want no part of you.

I dated a woman who was in her early 30's a few weeks back and although we didn't hit it off, I'd say I had a great time with her than I did with someone who was younger than I.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why do younger guys tend to like older women?