Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Viewed Me - How Does it Work      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hbon
Msg: 26
view profile
History
'Viewed Me' Section - How does it Work Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Yes it will work as you say, just don't forget to click on the update settings button at the bottom of your mail settings

Could you change the default mail setting for " Allow a user to see I viewed them " to " NO " . The way it is now a lot of the people using this site are unaware that when they view a profile it lets the " viewee " know that " viewer " has viewed their profile...automatically. Instead of showing an innocent curiosity it is interpreted as an invitation. It would eliminate some embarrassment and unwanted attention.

Using the " viewed me " feature is a great ice breaker akin to sending someone a wink or a smile. That option should be a concious choice by the " viewer "

Thanks
 anniesea
Msg: 27
view profile
History
'Viewed Me' Section - How does it Work
Posted: 1/27/2008 4:00:37 PM
So I can understand the top line of ten pictures.

I can understand the workings of the next three lines of ten pictures each (total of 10+30=40 pictures).

But underneath that is this message:

Details: The following is a list of the last 36 people to view your profile. We will delete people off this list after 7 days

and then there is nothing.

Is this just a lack of time in correcting wording as the site has evolved, or should there be a

following list

or am I missing something?
 anniesea
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 4:56:12 PM
The links are active, thank you, and I have used them. It's the list that seems to be indicated as following that I don't get. Should I?

Judging by the changing views in the pics ABOVE (or PRECEDING) there have been several people who have viewed my profile very recently, but don't appear in any list following the word "Details".
 Ms Taken
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 5:00:03 PM

Is this just a lack of time in correcting wording as the site has evolved

Yes
 Ticketoride
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/28/2008 7:23:32 PM
2) If you fall off the 'viewed me' page due to volume of views and 30 days have not yet passed, will it put you on the page again?

The Profile would have to be viewed again in a new Unit of Time, after it has rolled off, but not before 30 Days are up.

3) On the Viewed Me page, it says results will be cleared after 7 days, not 30. Clarify please?

30, not 7 Days.

Allow a user to see I viewed them " to " NO " . The way it is now a lot of the people using this site are unaware that when they view a profile it lets the " viewee " know that " viewer " has viewed their profile...automatically.

The Default Settings always have to be the most optimum Settings to facilitate Interaction.

Finally, let's say for the most part you don't want people to know you viewed them, so you leave the option set to no. But for one particular profile, you want them to see that you viewed them. Can you turn on the setting just before visiting that profile, visit it, and then turn it off again - will that work as it is supposed to? Or if you DON'T want one person in particular to know, can you turn it off just before viewing their profile?

If you have viewed someone in the past and it showed, but you then disable the setting, will you still show up in the TOP 'most recently online' bar, or will you no longer show up there?

Related Links:Viewed Me: Setting Changes do not affect "View Me" Status
 victoriasnewsecret
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:10:16 AM
Thanks for the further clarification ticket, appreciate it!

[ Cheers / Ticketoride ]
 smuroF
Msg: 32
'Viewed Me' Section - How does the Sorting work?
Posted: 3/30/2008 12:11:40 AM
In the case of not wanting others to know you've viewed them:
You offer this option. If its checked NO, the people are still seeing I've viewed them! I write in the forums often, and sometimes check an OP's profile before I comment on a post. There are people viewing me shortly after from across the country or are Female whom I wouldn't ordinarily view ( obviously getting wrong idea's!) If this 'viewed me' option has quirks, why not just take it off?
Thanks for your attention!
 Ticketoride
Msg: 33
Posted: 3/30/2008 7:57:19 AM
If its checked NO, the people are still seeing I've viewed them!

Possibly for the Reason indicated in Link below:

Viewed Me: Setting Changes do not affect "View Me" Status
 smuroF
Msg: 34
Posted: 3/30/2008 10:20:33 PM
Hi Ticket
Thanks for your hard work and explanations......
But I have had the "Allow other's to see you've viewed them?" set to NO for months and have not changed it, Seems rather impossible ( especially the females!) to get the views Im getting!
***** I know, I set myself rite up for a deserved response to that one from you!
In anycase, I'll put myself on 'hidden' for awhile and see what happens
Thanks again for your attention!
Luv U Madly
 Ticketoride
Msg: 35
Posted: 3/31/2008 9:57:47 AM
But I have had the "Allow other's to see you've viewed them?" set to NO for months and have not changed it, Seems rather impossible ( especially the females!) to get the views Im getting!

If you set the Viewed Me in your Mail Settings to No, the Feature simply does not record that you have viewed other Profiles.

There however is no Setting to disable People viewing you and these Profile Views will always show up on your Viewed Me Page, unless of Course they have also disabled that Option in their Mail Settings.

Nevertheless, the Reason according to the Admin why Women are showing up is because some Users had previously changed their Gender Profile Settings within 2 Weeks of signing up.

And as Moderator trappedonbayst mentioned above, hiding your Profile still allows Forum Readers to view you by clicking on your Profile Link to the left of your Posts.
 velobob
Msg: 36
Posted: 6/29/2008 4:45:47 PM

All Users showing up below this line are sorted by when they last visited your profile.
Since subsequent views within the last 30 days do not bump a profile back to the top of the list then they are not actually sorted by when they last visited. Would it be better to say they are sorted when they first visited your page? I found this quite confusing until I read in depth (thanks to this forum) how it actually worked.

Also, because the database is purged of views older than 30 days and a subsequent view would then place them back at the top of the list, maybe it would be better to just leave off the "first", "last" or whatever. As in:
All Users showing up below this line are sorted by when they visited your profile.

I know it just a matter of semantics but it would have saved me some confusion.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 37
 subzer0
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/10/2008 4:44:48 AM
How many members use pof blissfully unware of how the viewed me section works and dont bother to ask or seek answer in forums?
The fact there as so many threads and people asking questions would suggest that it needs some simplification.
 westendmatch2
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2008 3:40:08 PM
IMHO, it would be nice if the site owner/webmaster could add some basic code to the scripts to only count someone as having viewed your profile IF they stay on your page for a certain length of time.

So, for example, if they stay on your page for more than 15 seconds, it can probably be assumed that they took a quick few seconds to scan your image(s), or that they at least read the first couple of lines of your profile.

I will click on an image because the pic catches me eye/attention. But, all too often, once I arrive at the person's profile page, I quickly realize she's nothing like the thumbnail pic I just clicked on. And so, I back out and continue searching.

The problem, in this example, is I now appear on her Viewed Me list. Sure, I viewed her profile, but the fact that I was there for less than 10-15 seconds (in most case just 2-3 seconds) would more than likely indicate that I have no interest.
 Ticketoride
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/1/2008 4:35:54 PM
So, for example, if they stay on your page for more than 15 seconds, it can probably be assumed that they took a quick few seconds to scan your image(s), or that they at least read the first couple of lines of your profile.

Why? You wanna read between the Lines to assess so you can draw Meaning from it?

That would compel People how long to view or not view your Profile so as to not give you the wrong Impressions. Then what does that tell you? Only what they want you to know. Another great One for the "Hall of Uselessness".

More than likely many would disable the 'View Me' Feature than participate in anyone's Crystal Ball Feedback Projects.
 tsunami1234
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/1/2008 8:18:28 PM
I have read this information and I think I am just incredibly dense and it seems that I have mistakenly thought of people viewing my profile over and over again when, in reality, they haven't.

So I really am not understanding all what I am reading but basically, on the top line, of people who viewed your profile . . . it doesn't necessarily mean that they've viewed your profile recently, correct?

That doesn't seem to make sense to me but I guess somehow to other people it makes sense . . . the more I read the explanations of how it works, the more confused I get.

I changed my profile to hide it . . . I understand that people who have emailed me or that I have emailed will still be able to view me or that someone that reads a forum post of mine will be able to view me . . . is that correct? But if someone doesn't read a forum post of mine, then no one new will view me . . . is that right?

What I'm wondering is would there eventually not be anyone in the "viewed me" section at some point in time?
 ~JustSimplyMe~
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2008 4:55:58 PM
Curious....has there always been the "next page" option? Pretty cool to see who viewed you like 2 months ago lol
 moonlightphoenix
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/7/2008 1:29:40 PM
Is there any way of blocking a particular member from viewing your profile?

Sorry if this is redundant...I've searched and didn't find anything addressing this issue.
 Ms Taken
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2008 2:54:21 PM

Is there any way of blocking a particular member from viewing your profile?

Not unless you want to go as far as deleting your account.
 SexiSingleMom24
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2008 5:11:15 AM
the reason i am writing to you is your privacy policy..I'm sure you've heard of facebook and Im sure you probably know about thier privacy policy but I was wondering why you cannot implement the same sort of policy here as well. I want to block someone on here and I cannot do so..I want them to have no access to the things i write in the forum and i do NOT want them having access to pof profile and the information I provide there yet your blocking system doesn not do that, all it does is block them from emailing me but they can still read what i write in the forums and they can still view my profile that disturbs me..facebook allows you to block someone from viewing your profile AS WELL it blocks them from seeing anything you write anywhere on facebook..if they can do this on facebook im sure its possible for you to do so as well i would appreciate you implementing this policy on pof because i feel i cannot be free to express myself if i fear certain people might see what i write please get back to me and let me know if this is a possiblity to create on pof because im contemplating deleting my account due to not being able to keep it private from certain people, thanks
 Ms Taken
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:28:09 AM

I want to block someone on here and I cannot do so..I want them to have no access to the things i write in the forum and i do NOT want them having access to pof profile and the information I provide there yet your blocking system doesn not do that, all it does is block them from emailing me but they can still read what i write in the forums and they can still view my profile that disturbs me

It's not necessary to be logged in to the site in order to read the forums or to view any profiles that aren't hidden, so it would be impossible to do what you're asking. Even if someone was barred from looking at your stuff while they're logged in, they'd still be able to do it while logged out.
 willitbeme
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/20/2008 12:47:13 PM
Is there a way to tell when someone was last on the site?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can let me know!!

Bill
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2008 1:02:06 PM
If they are on your favs you can see when they last checked their mail.
 NIJINSKY II
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2009 10:28:17 AM
So basically, there is no way that you can tell if a person has viewed you on several occasions which will give you the assumption that this person is interested in your profile and that you can strike up a conversation with them!!?
 Ticketoride
Msg: 50
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Viewed Me - How Does it Work