Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nativerock
Msg: 201
Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into YouPage 9 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

Goodness, native, you leave yourself so open, its hard to resist..

Yeah but seriously I ought to be closing up the shop here very very soon.. I think I did my last "Good Samaritan" job of the season..

nativerock
 daffie
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You
Posted: 12/23/2010 4:58:37 AM
he brings his girlfriend home for christmas dinner at your place...
 kari135
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2010 10:53:40 AM
You realize one day you're choosing your friends according to how you'll feel when you come home and find him in bed with one of them, because you know you will, sooner or later.
 Underapalemoonsky
Msg: 204
Posted: 12/24/2010 11:02:58 AM
I used to take it very personally if a guy wasn't into me. The older I get, the less I care. Plus, I've come to the realization that sometimes It's a charactar flaw on the man's end; maybe, just maybe he does not have the capability to "be into someone".

I'm taking some time and trying to learn to be into myself!
 Dave of Indiana
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2010 7:55:19 PM

These can apply to either gender, and are virtually foolproof:

Let us remember that women are just as guilty of this just as men. Men experience this as do women. Fortunately Straight Christian Lady can admit this. As usual a few of the other ladies give the impression that only men are capable of this.
 S.O.U.L
Msg: 206
Posted: 12/26/2010 3:36:11 PM

Plus, I've come to the realization that sometimes It's a charactar flaw on the man's end; maybe, just maybe he does not have the capability to "be into someone".

Or maybe he found someone he was more into than you.
 Verissa
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2014 12:16:28 AM
If after the first week or so, I have to initiate every email, phone call, IM, meeting time/place...then I would have to say that "he's not that into me." I went through this recently and it was frustrating because when we WERE together things were great. We could sit and talk, either on the phone, IMing or while enjoying coffee or boinking for hours at a time.

Being new to dating, I have a hard time distinguishing if I'm being overly needy or if "he's just not that into me". I guess time will tell, but it's certainly difficult on the ego. I luckily have enough other people and things going on in my life to avoid continually thinking about the person I want to get to know the most right now doesn't have a lot of time. A little more effort would be nice, but given the circumstances most of the time I get it. Hard to not take it personally, even if it's unintentional.
 Coma_White
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2014 12:52:25 AM

Being new to dating, I have a hard time distinguishing if I'm being overly needy or if "he's just not that into me". I guess time will tell, but it's certainly difficult on the ego. I luckily have enough other people and things going on in my life to avoid continually thinking about the person I want to get to know the most right now doesn't have a lot of time. A little more effort would be nice, but given the circumstances most of the time I get it. Hard to not take it personally, even if it's unintentional.

Sometimes guys don't text or call all the time because they don't want to appear needy. Of course it's hard not to take it personally, but we have no way to know what's really going on inside their head. They might be chatting up other people or they're burned out by taking on an extra job. If a guy really likes you, he would walk through waist-deep sewage in an electrical hail storm to spend time with you.
 gtomustang
Msg: 209
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2014 8:08:35 AM
1)know yourself well enough to know what you offer. then see if he seems to notice those good qualities of you, and takes you to situations where you can shine--or just to bed.

2)date someone for who they are, not for what they do for you. If you do the former, you'll notice quickly--they aren't around. do the latter, and it won't matter they aren't around--as long as they do what you need them to do (be a conquest to win over, be a source of drama, etc).

3)like the book says...we always suspect its going on. we aren't too stupid to see it, we're too stupid to do something about it. but if you want a healthy relationship, you instinctively eject from the situation...b/c its not healthy. its not at all what you're looking for, so off you go to what is what you're looking for.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2014 8:21:14 AM

Being new to dating, I have a hard time distinguishing if I'm being overly needy or if "he's just not that into me".

I felt exactly the same way when I first started dating again (and for quite a while). From my perspective today, if you have to wonder, the answer is usually that he's not that into you. A guy who is really into you, and to whom you have made it clear that you're welcoming his attentions, will leave no doubt that he is interested. He will want to make sure that nobody else snatches you up.

To find out where you stand with a guy who doesn't contact you much, I would just never contact him more than once in a row. Text him once (I don't believe in texting for dating at all, but most people text), or, in my case, call him once. Then see how long it takes him to get in touch with you. Then YOU decide if this is enough for you. Never think that it might change, always stay in the present. If this is what he's offering you today, is that enough for you today? If yes, and you're happier with him in your life than without him, stay. If not, move on to one who gives you more of what you want.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2014 8:35:34 AM
When someone acts like he's not or is barely interested, I don't need a book to decipher it for me.
 cotter
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 3/12/2014 10:06:54 AM
Actions speak louder than words.

Any man/woman interested in you will show interest and won't have to be poked or prodded to give you attention even if it's just a daily "Hello" OR "Thinking about you" OR "Can't wait to see you again" ...

Anyone who has ever been in a caring relationship has to admit that we should never have to beg for attention ... it's just demeaning.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 3/15/2014 9:05:42 AM
If youre on a date, and all he does is talk about himself without asking you any questions.
If he doesn't compliment you in some way.
If he doesn't ask for another date or says he will call you.
If he offers you a handshake at the end of the date.
All signs he isn't into you..
 0ldhag
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2014 2:44:25 PM

If a guy really likes you, he would walk through waist-deep sewage in an electrical hail storm to spend time with you.

That's why it's impossible to find someone these days..there are just never enough electrical hail storms about! Stupid global warming lol
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sign’s He’s Just Not That Into You