Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can sex keep you in a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bliss.stars
Msg: 26
Can sex keep you in a relationship?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
if the problems were stressing me out too much, then sex wouldn't make a difference to me. hells ya i would miss it. i would go nuts, but my feelings being repaired are far more important then the need to get off.
 *mandrake*
Msg: 27
Can sex keep you in a relationship?
Posted: 6/23/2007 5:30:17 PM
Let me put it this way!.....without the sex....what do you have!
 odinsblood52
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/23/2007 6:00:54 PM
No because believe it or not there are times when I think with the head on my sholders and not the one that only has one eye between my legs. however bad sex will distroy a good relationship because no one wants to settle for less
 Looe
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/23/2007 6:06:19 PM
no it cant sex is sex great sex requires feelings and communication is required as well as some other things. Bad sex can sure destroy a relationship of anykind for sure.
But there comes a point in a relationship where other things also carry things forward now i am not saying its not possible to have sex a lot but you have to do other things together.
 Lil Red Riding Hood
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/25/2007 4:53:41 PM
Yep. Been there done that. The sex was AMAZING but the relationship was full of red flags. I stayed in it for 18 months which was about 15 months too long
 dennisflora
Msg: 31
Posted: 6/25/2007 5:16:27 PM
I've had wonderful sex with lots of beautiful women in the past, but it wasn't enough for me. I only recently learned that I also need to respect and love that person to stay with them for any period of time. My answer is no.
 JENNIFER_25
Msg: 32
Posted: 6/27/2007 2:27:36 AM
i wouldnt stay in one just for the sex you can find some one out there who likes it as much its not any better fighting and aurguing often and then stay there i mean if your happy go for it but if your not its not any better the sex was great at times in my last relationship but i didnt stay cause we where arguing to much
 tinatina
Msg: 33
Posted: 6/30/2007 3:44:25 PM
nope nope nope tried it and he left!
 Nos800id
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2007 3:59:25 PM
No, not in the long run... People will only out up with so much shit.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2007 3:59:35 PM
Sex isn't the reason to stay ~ but it can be a reason to leave.
 NorseViking869
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/21/2007 2:07:38 PM
I was in arelationship once where the sex was the best we both ever had, but we couldn't even be civil friends. Too many incapatibilities but, the sex and the attraction was there.
No it is not enough to keep you in a relationship very long. I have even found bettersex partners who I acttully was real friendswith besides dating them. Sex alone cant make a relatioship work as does friendship alone or romance alone. You need them all or alt least most of them to a certain degree. Good sex, however can let alot of things slide. Just not long enough to keep a relationship off of life support
 Sasoon
Msg: 37
Re: Can sex keep you in a relationship?
Posted: 11/21/2007 2:40:34 PM
I had the problem of my wife of 12 years cutting me off completely from sex with her for what she said would be the rest of my life. So, I guess my answer is YES. If it weren't for that I wouldn't have left her. I didn't deserve that kind of abuse. If she had wanted me around, she wouldn't have given up on our sex life so readily.
 c_deacon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2007 2:47:26 PM
So........the answer is that sex can keep you in a relationship for the time being, but lack of sex in a relationship will send you fleeing in a short time.....

Just my opinion........
 Sasoon
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/21/2007 2:57:15 PM
Not just a lack of sex, but a COMPLETE lack of sex. There's a difference between getting little sex like I was already receiving and none at all.
 Nergal
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/21/2007 2:58:32 PM
No .. I wouldnt stay in a relationship just for sex .. f**k buddies maybe but not a relationship .. you have to have more.
 creeksidedude1957
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/21/2007 2:59:50 PM
If sex was a reason to stay in a relationship then I would have been married about 6 times!!!! Sex was awsome but if you fight all the time, it will eventually kill the relationship. I miss the great sex a hell of a lot but I felt better about not fighting with her anymore. Sooner or later you will find somebody who your compatible with, sexually and emotionally. Then it's all good.
 sunsetstormx
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/21/2007 3:05:20 PM
How about the reverse....great relationship but not great sex?
 Cunning_linguist
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/21/2007 3:12:22 PM
I think for a lot of people both male and female either exceptionally good sex or just frequent "ok" sex can compensate for the relationship being lacking in other areas and can prop up a flawed relationship for a while at least especially if their mindset and outlook is still one of those old fashioned ones that doesnt expect relationships to be super duper peachy 24/7 and still has the rather silly notion that sometimes relationships actuall wont be perfect and MIGHT, just might even need a bit of effort and could even include not ALWAYS getting your own way lol

On the flip side, I think a relationship that is practically perfect in every OTHER way apart the bedroom, and also involves lots of intimacy, ie cuddling and touching, but just not much actual sex will compensate in the other direction

As much as it pains me to type this, but personally I would much much rather (were they the ONLY two choices) have a relationship that was perfect in every way except sex, as sex is really just a small percentage of an entire relationship and can at a push be replaced with masturbation, whereas all the other aspects of a relationship arent quite so easily substituted for with other things and are I think, in the long term far more important things to have right
 Nergal
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/21/2007 3:14:32 PM
Its an all or nothing deal, sex is a big part of a relationship, if you have incompatible sex drives then its an incompatibility ... I would try to work things out but no sex and I'm out of there, thats a friendship not an intimate relationship
 svj
Msg: 45
Posted: 11/21/2007 3:15:03 PM
OP: Kinky girl, huh? :yay

Seriously, however... It depends on the sex drives involved.
Yours is obviously quite strong if you're asking that question.

Are said problems permanent or temporary?

Sex, when accompanied by that true animal intimacy, the kind where you can tell what each other is thinking without speaking a word... is one of the strongest bonds two people can share. A bond that can overcome many, many obsticles.

Until you get married... then you're on your own.
(Sorry... single humor.)

Simple down-home good sex isn't much of a biggie... you can find that anywhere.
(Note I would never say this to an average guy.)
So if the problems are more trouble than he's worth... tell him to take a hike.

But if you have that kind of instinctual animal intimacy with him, you should definately take a shot.
But that is very rare. It does not happen in most relationships.

If you do... and if these are permanent issues we're talking about...
You had better address them head on, and be prepare yourself in advance for either eventuality.

The important thing to remember is that you're a team together... not opponents.

It's not a nice thing to say:
Love can be very, very, very strong.
But love does not conquer all.
 sunsetstormx
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/21/2007 3:24:45 PM
what if the guy has some weird problem keeping it up not getting it up and the relationship is amazing and wonderful THEN what do you do
discouragment set in and depression i guess and indecision as well..................
SIGH

yes Love is trong but how long can you last going through that? Has anyone else delt with this and it resolved itself? (holding out hope here)
 Leeanne
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2007 4:20:10 PM
I had a couple of relationships that I stayed a little too long in simply because the sex was wicked awesome - but then my intellectual brain spoke to me and set me straight! For that I am grateful!
 laSWEET
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/21/2007 5:03:00 PM
Missie1819.....Million dollar question, but I know that the real answer should be NO NO NO....Sex is not enough to hold any relationhsip together no matter how good it is...I did that dance with someone for a long time, and could never really find anyone else that measured up..no pun intended..but it was very unfulfilling and extremely lonely....problem with most women is we cannot separate sex from emotions, and I am sure , based on reading many of the posts in this forum, that there are men who cannot as well. If you're with someone who really can separate the two, it becomes an unlevel playing field....one is getting exactly what they want, without having to put in any effort, while the other needs more. There are times that I still think I should have stayed and been patient, but I' m done with the whole patience thing....this time around I know what I want and I know what I will not put up with, and Sex is not the glue to hold any relationship together, just like Love alone is also not enough. It truly does take a lot more than that!!!
 David james
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/21/2007 6:27:59 PM
Sounds like your flogging a dead horse, i been in that situation, she had such a high sex drive, and she new everything there is to know about sex, but thats where it ended, in tears
 ps1luvu
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/21/2007 8:21:16 PM
i've never experienced sex that was so good that it would keep me in a relationship. i can't even relate. once in awhile i think...what if?? if we were exclusive and it was fantastic sex, i'd hold on until one of our addictions wore off. and to me, it sounds like an addiction if there is nothing else there. still, i'd prefer to have both; a good sound relationship AND good sex - selfish, i know .
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can sex keep you in a relationship?