Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can sex keep you in a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet J-me Baby
Msg: 76
Can sex keep you in a relationship?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The way I see it, OP, is if you are in a loving relationship, the sex should enhance everything else, but should not be the defining factor. I would not stay in a relationship merely for the great sex, but I would not walk away from on either, if the sex wasn't all too steamy. (Would be doing things to enhance that end of it, tho!)

Work on the other problems if you think the relationship is worth salvaging, but don't stay there only because he is a great lover. After awhile, if there is no other fuel to keep the relationship alive, this spark too will fade out.
 mistressdolly
Msg: 77
Can sex keep you in a relationship?
Posted: 12/18/2007 4:26:03 PM
Sex can make people do many a things - including stay in otherwise unsatisfying relationships.

However, there may come a time wherein the person says: "It's just not worth it anymore....."

Mistress Dolly
the original
 swampfoxz
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2007 4:35:52 PM
That cannot be a serious question.
 valleyjavastop
Msg: 79
Posted: 12/18/2007 5:44:38 PM

That cannot be a serious question

~Danni~
Msg: 80
Posted: 12/18/2007 7:59:17 PM
Yeah I think it can! I think at the time you don't really know that is what is keeping you together tho!
I was with my ex for 10 years and after it was all over with... I think the only reason we stayed together was for the sex! LOL

yepimlonelytoo
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/19/2007 7:59:46 PM
I think I stayed once in my life for the sex, but it wasn't worth it in the long run.
 stef dog
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 5:51:55 AM
Hi well i tell you something 85 % of a relashionship is based on sex yes.
If you are having problems in the relashionship keep on moving girl because there are a lot of good men that will be better than him.
What is important is that you are happy
and if your only happy when you have sex that 's pathetic.
 man hattan
Msg: 83
Posted: 12/21/2007 8:12:47 AM
I've stayed in poor relationships longer than I should have because the sex was awesome. However, good sex in a bad relationship is a temporary phenomena. Ultimately the sex can't stay better than the relationship. When you quarrel DURING sex, you really know it's time to leave.
 2BlovedeternalE
Msg: 84
Posted: 12/21/2007 10:05:20 AM
If you both can identify that there are problems . . Someone has to grab the other and say . . 'Look!..I Love you . . I Love Making Love To you . . We need to discuss the problems we're having . . Compromise on some . . Solve others . .
then we can get back to 'Making it Better ' . . !!!
 Schadenfreudian
Msg: 85
Posted: 12/21/2007 10:23:30 AM

That cannot be a serious question
 spaceman069
Msg: 86
Posted: 12/21/2007 1:42:01 PM
If you keep making sex exciting, it will make a marriage/relationship last a long long time!!!
 nocalsingledad
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 2:14:10 PM

if you are in a relationship with someone and you are having a lot of problems, but the sex is great, should that be one of the deciding factors on whether you should try harder or not?

If you are both finding the other very satisfying sexually but not satisfying in other aspects of the relationship, then the thing to do would be to keep the sex going but otherwise break up. Find someone else for the emotional aspects (and possibly a great sexual experience as well) maybe even someone who will allow you to keep your sexual relationship with that person. That's probably harder to find in some parts of the world than others. But honestly, if my gf came to me and said "the sex with that guy over there is just absolutely mind-blowing ... you know, the one that only comes around once or twice in life" I would suggest that she keep it provided his gf would also allow it.

Situations like that are rare enough in life and some never experience it at all. If I really loved someone, I wouldn't mind allowing them that experience. I mean, it isn't taking anything away from our relationship and in fact might just result in building stronger bonds of love between us. To love someone enough to allow them the experience of drinking fully from life's cup is really saying something. As long as the activities are within reason and responsible, I don't really have an issue with it and having sex once in a while with someone else isn't particularly dangerous or unreasonable, in my opinion. Particularly if it is with the same someone else. Nothing would please me more than for us to get old together and for her to also have her friend for her entire life too.
 mrsaint75
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:13:30 PM
I would be so gone. There is more to a relationship then sex.
 fancynanci
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2007 4:31:40 PM
Unfortunately, people (men & women) stay in unhealthy relationships because the sex is so damn good. I think you should leave if someone isn't treating you right. You'll find great hot sex again. You will.
 IHeartMac
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/23/2007 12:07:46 AM
OMG it can and did for me. We barely spoke to each other but in the bedroom it was amazing. He was long and THICK... I miss that!
 audio123
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/23/2007 12:11:01 AM
ive had sex keep me in a relationship but the differance was it was not just me it was her too! kind of like the song from nickleback( i stayed and watched us fight for all the wrong reason's) perfect example but i will say it hurt wa more in the long run! i miss the sex with her but i dont miss her!
 Seavoyage
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 4:11:01 AM
In my opinion, you have to remember you can be in a good relationship and have great sex. I know what it's like to have so many problems with someone but great sex and not wanting to lose that, but, in the end, the problems will cause you to have some very bad arguments. As far as sexual compatibility, that's an interesting point. He isn't the only man who can please you a lot in bed. So don't stay with him. There have been people with that pleased amazingly in bed, but we don't miss their attitudes toward us.
 agent4664
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/24/2007 5:03:47 PM
only if you are tied to the bed and cant physically walk away lol
 Unforgivensoul21
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/27/2007 2:02:47 PM
Can sex keep you in a relationship? I was not going to write anything, though I figured why not. I dont think sex can. I was in a relationship for over a year with someone, and the main thing in the relationship; I realize now, is that it really was just sex. I know in my heart that it was more than that, but the connection between us was sex. I hate to think thats all it was, maybe it was more.... Sex can definately bond two together, though in the end if there is nothing you can compare with one another; or you end up going seperate ways, it probably was the sex keeping the relationship together.
 adamni
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 3:45:43 PM
My problem is - everything in the relationship is spot on, but sex never happens at all lol - and that doesn't work either
 denhen
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/27/2007 6:45:02 PM
Been their, done that and its not good, their is more to life than just sex, If your in a relationship just for sex then your just using the person.
 Next Time Round
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/27/2007 7:16:14 PM
Not me. If someone expects too much of me and I keep going to bat for them but it's all one way then I'm out of there. I'll tell them first. Maybe a couple of times. Then I'm gone like it or not.

I'm talking heavy duty sh!t not regular stuff...babysitter in bed with him when I'm supposed to be babysitting her for 2 weeks...runs away etc. Try calling the cops on that one and living with the fallout but I did...no way I was letting him away with that.

Not on my watch! Bad marriage is one thing. Wrecking a girl's life is another.

BTW, he's deceased so....
 teddybear 66
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/27/2007 8:00:44 PM
Well for me sex can not keep me in the same relationship. If my partner really dislike me and turn out telling me she hates me. Then it is over for us. There more to a relationship then just having Sex with someone. I perfer to get to know know the woman frist and after a few dates with her then decide together if you want to go further with it. After all at frist most women and men saying must not be looking for intimacy or sexual incounter. So I amwondering if that true by what i am reading on profile. i personally like to get to know the woman who might like to go out with me or meet me for coffee or beverage and get to know each other over it. so yes there more to a relationship then seen if and when to have sex with a woman. But that how I feel any way you may disgree with me and that ok too.
 DaDonPiper
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 8:09:23 PM
Bottom line, nope!
Only two words define a relationship like that......

f**k buddy!
 Artistee
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2007 8:35:39 PM
I don't care if she sounds like an air raid siren during orgasm...

For me, sex alone CAN'T, sex alone WON'T, nor will it EVER keep me someplace I don't want to be...

It takes a bit MORE...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Can sex keep you in a relationship?