Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a Tomboy ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HAPPY MIKE
Msg: 101
Would you date a Tomboy ?Page 5 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
^^BEST OF BOTH WORLDS^^^

OT: IF THEY ARE ALL LIKE HELL YES ITS STILL ALL PINK INSIDE RIGHT
 edinsf
Msg: 102
Would you date a Tomboy ?
Posted: 5/24/2005 1:10:36 PM
yes, it is the person that matters...it is what we have in common....good heart, good soul
 Anita71
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/24/2005 2:38:15 PM
Nice topic!

I explained a bit in my profile that I grew up a bit of a tomboy.

Also explained that now as I'm a bit older I've changed somewhat.

I still like to do the things that I used to. Can still build awesome treehouses for the kids, tweak out cb radios past FCC regs, throw one heck of a mean spiral football......but now I want someone who can appreciate that sort of thing as 'part' of me. Not all of me.

As someone mentioned, yes I can bait my own fishing hook, take the fish off of it....gut it, fillet it and cook it over a camp fire!

But I also would love for my 'man' to do that for me once in awhile.

I can fill my own tires, pump my own gas, check and fill all the fluids in my car and generally tell you what that 'knocking' sound is comming from...

But what I wouldnt give to also have my 'man' drive me somewhere simply because he would prefer i didnt 'have' to deal with that, and he would do it for me.

So to all of us 'tomboy' tendency women out there....*high fives sister's*

To all you men who are true men and dont let our tomboy natures stop you from appreciating us the way we are *high fives to you too*

As for me, I'm with the men who say they want the best of both worlds....cause I want the best of both worlds from them too! Take me as I am boys....but never forget I am a lady too!
 Lowesfan
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/25/2005 4:10:44 PM
Not sure what the deal is.... I personally think that there is something sexy about a Tomboy... I think that you have to take the entire person in, not just the Style that they have.... the Girly Chicks tends to be a little fake a lot of the time.
 emo_chick
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/27/2005 8:07:59 AM
i love this forum! you see, its great to be a tomboy, playing football in the park n all that jazz, but its nice to b treated like a lady once in a while too. hurrah for tomboys and all the guys who appreciate us!
 79dude
Msg: 106
Posted: 5/27/2005 8:41:11 AM
yup always good to have a girl that can tackle me back lol
 New-Beginnings
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/27/2005 10:21:52 AM
A Tomboy? PERFECT!!!! Just what I am looking for in a woman... Except, someone who can dress like a woman every once and a while...and wears naughty lingerie... Am I bad... he he he
 olstewie
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/27/2005 10:30:46 AM
To me , Tomboys are great! Personally I cannot stand a prissy chick who is worried about breaking a nail. Id rather have a chick who will go campin and shootin. Thats me. Id like to have a girlfriend who will sit around with the guys and drink beer and spit.
 teddah
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/27/2005 10:32:40 AM
i tryed it and loved most of it, like she can hang out with your friends and speak freely, play sports with and all that other stuff, but she just couldnt be femine when i needed her to, so i would say a mixture of the both would be perfect..
 JUSTINBOY88
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/29/2005 3:54:54 AM
i love tomboyish women,they are real and what you see is what you get.any women i can watch or play sports with is a keeper
 paddle your own canoe
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/29/2005 7:09:07 AM
I dream of dating a low maint tomboy kinda girl. If she drives a truck, wears work boots, likes stockcar races, doesn't mind getting dirty. Hell I'll marry her.
 bored4now
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/29/2005 9:30:54 AM
I grew up turning wrenches and splitting wood. My father believed it to be important to not have to depend on anyone to survive. Learned how to hunt and fish and get real dirty. Grew up in a neighborhood of boys. Played football suffered the concusions and competed. If anything I think it gave me a better understanding of my male counterparts.. I was one of the boys. When I started dating they were very protective of me. If they thought in anyway a guy would break my heart they were right there. Still blows friends away when I get dolled up to go out. Being a tomboy is only a small part of who you are. Imagine how they would look at you if you had on heels and a skirt rolled under a car...hehe...that would make em think
 Dr. Me
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/29/2005 9:48:36 AM
The thing is that the whole tomboy situation make for a huge gray area that guys don't really want to enter .The tomboy is a great friend and advisor. Why would you want to risk such a great friendship? I would date a tomboy but she would have to show me that she interested so I'm not out holding my junk asking what happened . I don't want to be that guy that no women feels comfortable around because i even hit on my friends. So your friend is shamed with the burden of having to make it know that she wants to be in a romantic relationship.It sucks but that's how i see it................
 djama
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2005 9:52:44 AM
~~~~loves tomboys remembers that show the facts of life and his fav tomboy jo..... ahhhhh she was awsome
 Garryr
Msg: 115
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:37:33 AM
Gotta' love a Tomboy. They seem to have more fun doing the things I like to do too. As for the post about cutting her hair - If it's a butch cut, yea, not so much. But if you can still retain the fact that you are a girl and a "Tomboy", then oh yeah, hands down a turn on. The inner you is the most important, but the male animal is visual too. If short hair is the look you want just don't make it look like Jim's, or Bill's.
 eddiecourday
Msg: 116
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:49:06 AM
yeah i would date a tomboy all the same in bed i reckon .
 ok.1
Msg: 117
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:17:24 AM
Great question,
I am more of a tomboy myself, i ted to like more "boyish" activities than the "girlie" ones.
I am more comfortable in my jeans and sneakers. Ha forget about those steletto's i can't even spell them correctly...lol

So this has been one of my questions for a while.
Interested to hear the answers

K
 Hard-2-find
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/25/2007 8:53:15 AM
"Tomboy" is a vague term though. Do I want to date a girl who is active, outdoorsy, into sports, confortable in jeans and a t shirt, willing to get all dirty in search of a laugh? Hell ya. Do I want to date a man with a vagina? Hell no. There are things about a girl that make them so desirable and women shouldn't lose that. I want a woman who beats up the girly girls but then steals their lipstick!
 jo~
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/25/2007 10:30:17 AM
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!........Tomboy's don't mind getting a little dirty
 k.kong
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/25/2007 10:48:41 AM
^^^^Wanna Wrestle??? in baby-oil? or in theme--mud???
 jo~
Msg: 121
Posted: 1/25/2007 11:09:31 AM
^^^^^^^^MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......WE TOMBOY'S just LOVE to monkey around!!!!!!!!!!!
 WayTooNiceGirl
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 11:33:35 AM
Remember guys, us tomboys may fit in with "the guys" better than a girly-girl, but trust me, we are NOT one of the guys AT ALL...when the time is right... ;)

I am happy the way I am - I like motorcycles, mixed martial arts, and trying to fix my car first before bringing it to the shop...but I also love to find a PERFECT dress, wear it with heels and my nails/hair/makeup done...and to make EXTRA sure that if I'm with a man, there is never any doubt in his mind that underneath the big hoodie I am ALL WOMAN. ;)

My 'dream man' is ttly down with my tomboy interests/tendencies, but gives me a reason to want to girl it up often. Just to make sure I don't get lost in the non-girl stuff. Makes me feel special - I love it.
 rawkkitty
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2007 11:40:20 AM
I agree with the fact that you can be a tomboy and be girly as well, I dont own a dress and really kinda avoid wearing dress clothes but I like to wear my jeans form fitted and my t shirts too. For me its just that i like what i like and it just so happens that some men like it too.
 Open wide
Msg: 124
Posted: 1/25/2007 6:05:48 PM
If they don't find you attractive, it has nothing to do with your tomboyness. I would love to have someone into the same things as me as long as I found her attractive.

Try initiating sex as much as guys do and you should find someone sooner rather then later
 harleymay
Msg: 125
Posted: 1/25/2007 7:23:10 PM
I can't picture a horse wrangler dating a woman who is scared to break a nail or get her shirt dirty.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Would you date a Tomboy ?