Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > now that you are OLDER/MIDDLE AGED, do you spend less time on groomin      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 c_deacon
Msg: 76
view profile
History
now that you are OLDER/MIDDLE AGED, do you spend less time on grooming?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
You must be bald by now if you are plucking out all your gray hair unless of course it is located elsewhere and then having that bald can be very very sensual......

Taking the time to be well groomed takes practice and as we mature......we have had much practice.......

Just my opinion.......
 blondblueyed
Msg: 77
now that you are OLDER/MIDDLE AGED, do you spend less time on grooming?
Posted: 2/2/2008 6:31:26 PM
^^^^ Then there are probably those that would look good even in a burlap sack!
 Honcho
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/9/2008 11:00:36 AM
Speaking as an older man (71) Blondie, that is either a good looking old picture or you have done a fantastic job. I have found as we age we enjoy our independence more. It's as if to say "I don't have to kiss anyone's ass anymore!" Regardless of what my doctor tells me not to eat, at my age I eat what I want to. Oh, I still groom myself and wear a suit and tie to work, but in my off hours I don't care if my jeans are pressed or not (widowed you see) because I'm probably heading for the liars table at the coffee shop anyway. Finally I have decided to smell the roses, but must admit I can not attract the ladies like I did when I was much younger.
 angeloflite
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/9/2008 7:26:53 PM
OP: I think it is an individual thing.....I have always put alot of time into primping....I don't have anything fake on my body...not even fake nails......I am a girly..girl..if you may...I am 51 and still enjoy the wow looks....I use alot of oil of olay(Just a lil plug for the olay there) and lotion on my skin....and I have very soft skin...I paint my nails to match my toe nails and my nails usually match what I will be wearing.....sorry ladies don't mean to step on toes....but if you are going to wear sandals in the summer ...paint those toe nails...lol...anyway...I don't leave my house unless I have my face on lol....not too much..very little make up......and I do the ungodly in the spring..I go to a tanning bed...just to get a tan started....and never leave the house without a splash of smelly good on.....ok..now that I'm all dolled up....where we going? Cause I feel like dancing..... lol...Angel
 *Sanschele*
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:36:20 AM
OP: I don't wear make-up, dress fashionably or anything else to attract the opposite sex. I used to, until I realized I was trying to attract a "buyer" in a store to cement my self-esteem. I had to "cement my own self-esteem, and I did.

I'm no longer "up for sale", so to speak. I'm an "antique" as of now and extremely priceless...that is if anyone can locate me, and I make damn sure they can't.

Sans
 askaris
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/10/2008 12:47:53 PM
Ha Ha Ha....

I spend WAY more time on grooming and working out....
even when I am pursuing my own desires and interest. I don't do this for anyone but myself....If I feel that I look good...I am a much more settled and happy woman
 Secret Alias
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/11/2008 9:20:50 AM
I stopped grooming and started preening. I spend many long seconds in the mirror every morning arranging my mustache hairs just so. I pause frequently to admire the effect. I move my head to carefully balance the shadows cast by the lights in the bathroom, so that my nose looks perfectly centered on my face, like before the accident. Then I blow myself a kiss and feel glad knowing that today could be some lucky gal's dream coming true, and out into the world I go.
 Singlemale1962
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2008 10:40:46 AM
Im not Middle Aged Im just pre anceint.
 ~~weeone~~
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:13:49 PM
I still spend a lot of time on grooming.
I wear nail polish on my fingers and toes, make sure all those pesky sprouting hairs are tweezed out and take good care of the rest of my body.

I hate it when someone says " Oh, I'm too old to care about that anymore."
People should care always.

~~weeone~~
 London Lass 59
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/11/2008 3:42:07 PM
Middle aged? who are you calling middle aged? I am a very well preserved 20 year old! lol

Actually, I spend less time grooming now than I did in my 20's. I have been blessed with good genes and good skin, so I don't have to wear a lot of make up to look presentable these days. I always look put together when I go out socially, and when I go to work, even if I live in nurses scrubs all day long!
 cutiepiems
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/12/2008 12:06:52 PM
no way!!! I love to get dressed up I will always take care of myself, it is a matter of pride and self esteem that keep me trying to look nice.
 WindRoper
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/12/2008 12:54:50 PM
I think I spend less time on grooming but because I have simplified the 'regimen.' I keep my hair cut in a fashion that requires less time to style. I wear less makeup than I did in the past for various reasons: heavier makeup can age appearance, some products irritate my eyes these days, and I just can't see well enough to do some things anymore. I hope to make it even less time consuming when I get permanent makeup soon. But I will cop to shaving my legs less often because I bare them less often.
 Moonchild51
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2008 1:26:43 PM
For me, there is something that comes from bathing (as in long hot bubble bath), primping, taking that extra few steps. It makes me feel better, I do it for me. I never had much time when my kids were young, so why not take it now if I feel better for doing it? I don't consider myself high maintenance either. Just someone who enjoys spending a lil extra time on herself when she couldn't before, and likes to put her best foot/feets forward!!
 Phoebe48
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2008 9:49:30 AM

I don't consider myself high maintenance either. Just someone who enjoys spending a lil extra time on herself when she couldn't before.

Funny you should say this Sista! A few months back, a guy told me he thought I was too high maintenance? I've often wonder what a guy means when he says this?
I maintain my own home inside and out without help. I do everything that needs doing unless it's something I can't tackle like doing plumbing & electrial work or maintenance on the car. After years of a grueling schedule (full-time job, house and kids) I have more time now to give myself a little extra pampering.
I'm certainly not a fanatic about it but I do like to take a little extra care looking after this old bod of mine and especially look nice when I go out.
So, I would have to say that I spend a little more time "giving to myself" after years of doing everything for everyone else and putting myself last. Now, I can put myself first 'cause I'm the only one to look after.
 adaisyandarose
Msg: 90
Posted: 2/14/2008 8:10:29 PM
A date? What's that??? Other than being clean and showering every day, I never really did much. Clean flossed teeth are an absolute must. My hair does what it wants and I don't really care and never did. Not much into hair rollers, curling irons and such. It dries in a nice fashion. The best gift I ever bought myself was a nose hair trimmer and I don't even have much nose hair. Nifty little gadget though. It cuts hair anywhere. If I did have a date should my underwear and bra match, (just in case) LOL, or does it matter. A guy I met once told me to be sure and wear clean underwear because you never know what might happen???? Now, what was he thinking. Doesn't everyone change their underwear at least once a day? As long as I don't stink, I assume I am doing okay. Can't stand someone who smells of B.O. A hint for people with uncontrolled underarm B.O., vinegar works wonders. I don't think I will have to worry about a date, since I usually run from them. I think you have to be at least in your eighties or nineties and senile before you really start letting yourself go. At 56, I am still just a kid.
 jazzy73703
Msg: 91
Posted: 2/14/2008 8:18:34 PM
Oh god no! I spend MORE time now than I did then. My hair was bone straight back in the day and now its slightly wavy and I have to take a flat iron to it. I color my hair now because of the gray. I went from a high metabolism to a low one once menopause set in...so I have to watch everything I eat and exercise now just to maintain. I think getting older has made me a little more vain about my appearance and I try to keep myself up the best I can.
 guntercuk
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 2:32:42 AM
I'm into the whole grooming & fitness thing, its part of who I am.
I get my hair streaked, trim my eyebrows & cut the hair in my ears. My chest & back are waxed & try to keep my body in reasonable shape by exercising regularly.
I used to cop a ribbing from mates & people that dont really know me would probably think I'm vain, but so what, I'm just an average guy & I do it for me, because it makes me feel good, no other reason.
I really appreciate a mature woman who spends the time on herself for herself, to me it means that she's in tune with her sensual side & that she loves being feminine.
 40Chev
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 6:47:53 AM
I've found that having to trim the excess ear and nose hair more than makes up for not having hair to comb.
 adaisyandarose
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/15/2008 10:45:10 AM
This forum is just too funneee.
 oncelucid
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/15/2008 11:15:01 AM
This is one hilarious thread! But are you insinuating that we are Older/Middle aged?
Well, I guess you're right...we are!
But OT: No...I spend more time on grooming because now I have the time! The kids are grown and gone, I no longer fall into bed with my clothes on (most of the time anyway). So generally I'm washed/showered/bathed/shaved/deodorized/sanitized and atomized each day!
 flowerforce
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/15/2008 1:56:43 PM
It depends.
If I am going out I will spend time on my appearance. I like to look good.
If I am just working around the house I just do the basics Shower, good skin care etc. I am fussy about regular hair cuts and facials. These I consider to be essential to my overall wellbeing. I also workout regularly for the sake of my health. It also helps to maintain my weight. I do not much care if my presentation impacts who I attract into my life. I care that I feel good about myself. My image reflects who I am in all my facets.
 five-marie
Msg: 97
Posted: 2/15/2008 3:49:16 PM
I still wear make up everyday. My hair's long and I don't need to curl it. Used to be straight, as I've aged it's gotten curly. I still color it at home as I always did. Got a great hint for claypot and other women who's eyes aren't what they used to be. Go to the drugstore and buy that little mirror that sticks on your regular mirror. It magnifies your face 10x. You're gonna find hair and things you never knew were on your face.
 Ima Lady
Msg: 98
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:00:07 PM
Oh five-marie , that just made me laugh so hard! I have frightened myself doing that, wondering where this hair, single straggler, has come from. Or another, single straggler has come from!

I wonder about your once straight hair becoming curly? Never heard that one. But, since were all here, ahem, there are times now, a single kinky grey hair comes in What in the world is that? Scary business, this getting older

But they say, we age like wine, something something better with time

how's it go?? sorry, can't remember also part of aging
 Ima Lady
Msg: 99
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:03:21 PM

The kids are grown and gone, I no longer fall into bed with my clothes on (most of the time anyway). So generally I'm washed/showered/bathed/shaved/deodorized/sanitized and atomized each day!
Just saw that... too funny and true.

That last part is what we used to do for our kids, now it's our turn once again
 Uptowner
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:25:29 PM
I'm a guy. No change from teendom. Brush teeth three or four times a day. Soak in a bath, then shower. Tend face. Tend hair (both have different implications for a teen than me). Same plan. Clean clean clean. Do the best with what I've got.

ps -- my mommie kept me clean clean clean. No change. Sigmund Freud was on to something.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > now that you are OLDER/MIDDLE AGED, do you spend less time on grooming?