Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Physical attraction and star signs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nippysweetie
Msg: 26
Physical attraction and star signsPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I am a very keen astronomer and am very interested about the few new planets in our solar system, as so far i`d heard nothing about them, my monthly newsletter from nasa must have forgotten all about them in their haste to tell me that a huge comet will smash into yeovil at approximately 2.oopm today

o topic i read horoscopes if they are good and seem any way pertinent to my situation at the moment i believe.. if they are bad or boring i dont ...
 fem38
Msg: 27
Physical attraction and star signs
Posted: 10/13/2007 5:56:10 PM
I am a Leo and on the looks I seem to be drawn to Libras for some reason but I know (100%) that a Libra is one sign I will never get on. Have several of them "around me", both male and female and I just KNOW LOL

There is a lot of Libra men on this site too.

I would also probably avoid Gemini and Virgo men

As a Leo myself, I know I get on well with Sagitarians, Leos, Taurus and Scorpios

Funny but talking to people I will often guess their star sign just by their body language and the way we can/can not relate to each other. Be it work or personal.

So I guess there is something in it
 sassy_1974
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2007 1:46:09 AM
some guy emailed me a yr ago from here, noticed he was a cancerian and as im not compatible with them i contemplated ignoring him..needless to say i gave the poor guy a chance lol and now he's in the kitchen making me a coffee and we've set a date for the wedding.

we're complete oposites (im a sagittarious) but they say oposites attract.

eddie_nomad
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/14/2007 1:53:51 AM
Astrology - pfff.. - there is one born every minute. And that's all I've got to say about that. :-)
 Gibs_MK
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/14/2007 2:20:06 AM
Easy there Forrest

I've noticed MOST of the profiles I click on are Libran women, being a Libra myself I was worried that maybe we were all doing something seriously wrong in our relationships and that all of POF were Libran! But reading this and the whole "attracted to a certain sign" concept makes sense, and kinda relieves me a bit
 Wrinkledstockings
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/14/2007 2:29:49 AM
I think it is all so much tosh - though there may be some truth in specific readings. I am certainly nothing like how a virgo is supposed to be and I have friends who don't act according to their star sign either. It just shows how silly it is to make assumptions built on generalisations.
 jerryko!
Msg: 32
Posted: 10/14/2007 3:34:35 AM
i'm not sure if i totally believe in it
although
through two past partners i refuse to go out wiv the same star sign as them- which may sound silly lol
gemini -bloody hell talk about mood swings-he was exactly like that
aquarius-talk about as much commitment as a wild pig lol

and it is weird but my star sign is 'nt compatable with those two and the relationships were crap to be honest

capricorn is meant to be my perfect match
 midlandstaurus33
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/14/2007 3:57:19 AM
Well i seem to attract Virgoans lately......
It's funny as used to find Virgo men a tad boring, for me personally, and had never dated anyone under that star sign, incidentally till recently. That changed my view anyway....
Got a date with Virgoan male this week......

Although, generally i get on well with everyone. Sagitarrians i tend to avoid getting involved with on a relationship scale. Never seemed to have much in common with them. But, think personally it's down to the personality than a star sign.....

After all experience and events mould and shape us, not a star sign. I'm not a typical Taurean with the traits i'm supposed to have.....
 steveyok1
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2007 4:56:45 AM
utter hogwash,why are people fooled by such nonscene,cant believe intelligent people are taken in by this these charlatans .astrologists ,fath healers conspiracy theorists ,aqua moiturising sprays buyers (just plain old water) and nothing at all to do with reason ,if you fancy somebody its not the constellation of the bloomin stars your lookin at,any way i wonder what santas bringing me for christmas,happy dowsing
 miz Understood
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 10/14/2007 5:07:23 AM
It would never occur to me to look!

I had my birthchart done years ago, and it was scarily accurate, not just on personality traits, but on major events in my life.

I have just checked new man's Star sign...Sag - apparently perfect for an Aries...ho hum happy fiery times ahead.
 Gucci Girl
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/14/2007 5:08:21 AM

MrAcidyman - as a Libran I havent got a clue who you get on with or be attracted to, but I do think you should find out. I mean to say, you might be compatible with Scorpios!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmm, i wonder????

Im clueless about star signs or who im supposed to be compattable with, i may start with Libra and work my way thru the calander from there
 Stinker*Belle
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/14/2007 5:26:34 AM
haha ^^ hehe

I, as a Leo, have found that there are some truths in the compatibility thing. I dont tend to get on with Capricorns, they are too factual and cold for me and i am too fiery and affectionate for them. I find Sagittarians to be a good match for me, they are quick witted and loving.
So any GOOD looking sagis feel free to say hello
 Gucci Girl
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/14/2007 6:03:40 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Heeellllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooo^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

U mean men dont you???!!!

Worth a try tho dontcha think

Dr. Acid
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/14/2007 6:13:10 AM
I've always thought that people who take great consideration into people and star-signs when it comes to deciding whether to date them or not are abit simple. I mean, fancy kicking somebody into touch just because they happen to be a Virgin or a Taurean, or a Crab. Absolutely ridiculous.
 Stinker*Belle
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/14/2007 6:22:18 AM

I've always thought that people who take great consideration into people and star-signs when it comes to deciding whether to date them or not are abit simple. I mean, fancy kicking somebody into touch just because they happen to be a Virgin or a Taurean, or a Crab. Absolutely ridiculous

I wouldnt date someone if they had crabs.
 Twin••Peaks
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/14/2007 6:48:55 AM
I'm pretty open minded on this really.
Although i do tend to like Librans, but my ex was a Capricorn hmmmm.
Astrologically Sagitarians are my perfect match.
But i haven't tried all the signs, so i guess i can't say for sure who i'm suited to the most. Being a Gemini, i'm pretty hard to handle though.
 hijimhere
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/14/2007 10:32:31 AM
Aquarian-the 14th no less---the wife was pisces----like a fish in water I suppose

I love water but thats not part of it

but I am wary of gemini and scorpio----but taurus fits most of it

Posted: 10/14/2007 11:30:46 AM
I thought i liked certain signs more that others...and like you say magneticaly attracted to them before i knew what they were.

though i would say circumstance of their upbringing can influence them...say like if it was a water sign or earth sign they are supposed to be kind,nurturing and caring.if they are brought up in an abusive childhood they may become abusive or switch off and become detached from their feelings and worse yours..

*Jamazing*..you are attracted to virgos-though interestingly what are you...??? (not said in opening thread: )
 garygee1
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/14/2007 11:35:49 AM

So any GOOD looking sagis feel free to say hello

I have always believed that star signs are an absolute load of crap and have never taken any notice of them until now, maybe there is some truth in them.
 bogglebum2007
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2007 6:02:08 PM
It is a mystery to me but I seem to have similar problems to other posters regarding Geminis.

I do find Geminis very attractive and intelligent. I suspect it is that I am more drawn to their intelligence than anything else but I would never go out with them as I find that in general their standards are incredibly high (read unattainable) and that they can be quite self-absorbed and insensitive. Other than - as long as I'm not looking for a relationship, I get on with them really well.
 J3nn!fer
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2007 4:26:16 AM
Been a Pisces myself I have found for some reason that most of the men on here I have been attracted to on first instance have been Pisces also. In my past 2 relationships they have been Aquarius - but both I have found that me and them havent been that compatible Ive found ive been the emotional one where they have been the hard faced slightly cold one. Sorry to all the lovely Aquarius men out there lol. So in a sense I do think that signs matter in a way. As the status of what a Pisces and a Aquarius are supposed to be like have seem to be proven quite correct in my previous experiences. xxx
 Mr-Bear
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/17/2007 5:53:27 AM
Utter tosh! But as an Aries I would say that.
 Whitey1974
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/17/2007 6:17:38 AM
I am a Libra, and yes I am always right in every aspect of my life

Compatability
Libra's Compatability- Gemini, Scorpio, Libra, Aquarius

Possible Compatability- Taurus, Leo, Aries, Sagittarius

Opposite Compatability- Pisces, Cancer, Virgo, Capricorn

Its all boll0cks but if you believe in this sort of thing I think that Gemini is my perfect match............................allegedly
 bogglebum2007
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2007 2:26:32 AM
I used to believe that this was total b0ll0cks also but I noticedd a while back that many people are into astrology so I thought that I would read up a little on the subject because I found that even if it was total b0llocks people would behave like their sign purely because they believed that that was how their sign was.

Synastry is the science of relationships from an astrological perspective. Most people work on their sun signs (ie when they were born). These are divided into four groups:-

Air signs – Gemini, Libra and Aquarius
Fire signs – Sagittarius, Leo, Aries
Water signs – Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio
Earth signs – Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn

In general many newspaper articles are based around the sun sign and would say that each category of sign will be effective within their own group. However, as you can see this does not make any kind of logical sense at all to lump a twelfth of the population with a set of personalities. If you can purchase the birthday book for fun and a laugh it will give you an educated guess on your personality based on the day of your birth and astrological sign.

However in astrology your personality and love life are apparently dictated by other factors such as your rising (or ascendant) sign dictated by the date, time and location of your birth.

For example my sun sign is Cancer and my rising sign is Aquarius. Synastry takes all of these factors into consideration and then looks at whether you have a predominance for earth, fire, water or air. My best relationship was with a Virgo which according to one web-site is an almost perfect relationship.

Looking at the wikis and googling any of the terms I've listed in bold should help you get a better understanding.
 Benassi_G
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/19/2007 5:14:25 PM
Ahh! That is just so lovely Sassie.. Show your Cancerian guy that you appreciate him & you will have his devotion forever.. Best Wishes for the forthcoming wedding.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Physical attraction and star signs