Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should I get a tatoo?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sundoll
Msg: 26
Should I get a tatoo?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Yes I have a tattoo. It's in a spot where it is not seen all the time and I actually forget about it most of the time.

Me too!

People can't see mine unless I choose to show it to them.
But when I do remember that I have 2, I love them!

I got my first one 5 days after I turned 18 and its the Chinese symbol for "Flower"
The 2nd one, my best friend and I bought each other the Japanese symbol for "Friend" for Christmas last year!
We better be friends for a long time! lol Both are on my hips.. I am going to have a decorated belly when I get pregnant!

It is totally up to you.. but make sure it is something you really want. Its alot more expensive to get them removed than put on.
 shrimp
Msg: 27
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 6/7/2005 4:20:42 PM
NO ...Tattoes are nasty and very much against GOD.!!!!!!!!!!!
 Skylar1Again
Msg: 28
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 6/7/2005 4:22:36 PM
If I shaved my head you would see a tattoo that reads "Down with Religion".
 pianopoet
Msg: 29
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 6/7/2005 5:15:19 PM
@shrimp

I'm a christian, and I have a tattoo. I'm also a divorced mother of three boys. Guess I'm just keeping God on his toes, eh?
 OptimumTaurus
Msg: 30
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 6/8/2005 7:19:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, what religion are you, topic creator?

shrimp and karlyn, you two may find this site an interesting read:
http://www.religioustattoos.net/Tattoo_History/index.php
 BrunetteLeana76
Msg: 31
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:19:42 AM
I was never into the "What's Cool Right Now" attitude. I prefer to wear, look, and act on how I feel. I'm going to get a small, butterfly tattoo on my inner ankle area on my 30th birthday in January. You have to have your own style and not let people tell you whats cool
and what's not... Do what you think is best and wear what makes YOU comfortable and sexy feeling. Actually, tattoos, have always been popular and will never go out of style. Only 20 years ago, is when a whole lot of women were getting them.
 Strawberri_Pie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 10/12/2005 2:20:14 PM
Only get a tattoo if it's what YOU want!! I got my first a few months back...it is the 'Godsmack' sun rays with the virgo sign in the middle...I got it on my lower back and I can tell you the truth..I was scared to death, but it did not hurt at all!! The noise of the tattoo gun was far worse than the actual tattooing...and by the time the outlining was done and it was time to start filling in I couldn't feel a thing..It only took just over an hour and I love it! Can't wait to get my next one! Happy inking
 vancanuck13
Msg: 33
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 10/12/2005 4:44:55 PM
Hey, I also have the Godsmack sun, but its on my right upper arm...

As for the OT, I was once told by an artist to find the image you want and stick it on your fridge (or somewhere you will have to look at it) for 6 months. By then you will know if it is really something you want on your body for the rest of your life.
 nevergetanyreplies
Msg: 34
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 10/12/2005 6:00:16 PM
It took me years to decide but I am glad I did it, I got an angel asleep on a rose on my forearm. I was worried it would complicate things at work in terms of proffesionalism. That was short lived as my boss accidently saw it and ooohhhed and awed over it.
 NTI03302007
Msg: 35
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 10/13/2005 10:20:10 PM
OK, first off. This is my first post ever so bare with me.. Tattoos are NOT against god.. If I'm not mistaken, the bible says treat your body like a temple, but there is nothing that says whether or not it is accepted by god. If you read further in the bible, it also says( cant remember where exactally) that when a family freed their slaves, if the slave loved his master he would peirce his own ears out of respect and love for his master and the family. As for the tattoos I am a christian also, and i have 4 tattoos and iI plan on getting alot more, they make me feel good about myself , I have never once had someone say they are in distaste, or say that offends god. If you are thinking of getting a tattoo, dont do it because everyone else has one. Do it for youself, everyone that is saying it last forever, well yea, but you have to get something (IF YOU DO) that you willl enjoy. Some tattoos are done just for the sake of it, but most people that have them will tell you, they are stories and parts of their lives that they want to display. I myself again like I said have 4 right now, I have 2 full forearm tribals, and a big celtic tribal cross on my back, and the other is the only color one I am going to get, it is a heart melting into a skull with flames. I got the last one 2 weeks after my grandfather died. Like i said I plan on getting alot more, by the time I'm done I want to have my whole back and comeplete left side done in traditional tribal. But I will say this.. GOD wont turn me away at the gates just because I have them either!!
 kitty8
Msg: 36
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 11/27/2005 6:57:31 PM
my family is jewish and my dad was MAD when I got my first tat. Got the whole "desecrating the temple" lecture. i was also 15 so... :)! anyway, do what you think is right and get something that means something to you and only you-flash sux!! And make sure you go to a reputable artist b/c it IS permanent!
 dennyjo
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Should I get a tatoo?
Posted: 8/19/2007 7:28:15 PM
Yes! They are correct-you are the only one that can decide to get one or not. I did. I am a 54 year old grandmother and I got one. It is on the small of my back and it is not for public viewing. So why get one? It says a great deal about me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should I get a tatoo?