Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do guys try to feel something from a hug?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 compound_fracture
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do guys try to feel something from a hug?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
It has never occurred to me that men might be hugging me to feel my "fat rolls"...but, great, I always welcome a new thing to be neurotic about.

Personally, if someone goes to hug me, I've always gone with the Frankenstein reaction -- Arms sticking out straight, and offering no more than some very sexy hands-to-shoulders contact. Anybody who hugs me tightly enough to physically inspect my cup-size and body fat percentage better be planning to sell me as meat by the pound. But then, I'm not a touchy-feely person.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 27
Do guys try to feel something from a hug?
Posted: 7/15/2007 12:08:19 PM
This has never crossed my mind, lol.... but I do think the hug at the end can tell you a lot.

I know that for me I do a "pat, pat" hug if nothing is there and pull away, but if I like him I will linger....

And I have noticed that the men who linger seem to be waiting to determine if they should kiss me or not, lol.. kind of cute actually :)
 NeedMojo
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/15/2007 12:23:46 PM
When a guy likes you, and is interested in seeing you again, there's a little itsy bitsy moment when he becomes vulnerable. THAT'S IT!!! We are trying to FEEL you. For that one moment in time, we can relate with a woman about "sensing" on an emotional level. And you missed it. Tsk tsk.

If this happens to you, you're attracted to him, and you notice it in time, turn your head and rest it on his chest and take in a few heart beats.

Nice.
 skypoetone
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/15/2007 12:52:36 PM

A strange question... I always thought a woman's intuition would tell them... for a man to linger can only be a good thing... do you really think he wants to know your bra size? Lol!
 Greyfeld
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 1:03:25 PM

And what's with all these people thinking the OP is out of line for believing some people in this world have ulterior motives? Are you trying to say such people don't exist just because that's not how you conduct yourself? I'm not an ulterior motive hugger, but I'm also not a zebra. I know zebras exist...

So to answer the question... yes, there are some guys who will use a hug as an opportunity to get a little something more than a hug is intended for. Unfortunately they don't come with signs to warn you not to hug them, so if you're a serial hugger you're just going to have to hope for the best.

I don't think anybody's saying that it doesn't happen.

I think it's being said that generally, no, that's not the case. And for the guys with which it IS the case, you'll probably know their motives before you even get to the point where you have to decide if you want to give a hug or not.
 johneboyz
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/15/2007 1:06:12 PM
do u want me to take u out on a dating
 ubkobalt
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/15/2007 1:08:37 PM
And I have noticed that the men who linger seem to be waiting to determine if they should kiss me or not, lol.. kind of cute actually :)

It's true. If your head is by her ear, it's a hug. If it's a hug where you're looking at her face, that's a kiss.
Getting the positioning right without breaking away is sometimes tricky though.
 DonLancs1982
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/15/2007 1:29:12 PM

after you meet someone and when saying goodbye, you give her a hug, what are you thinking about what you're feeling? Are you checking for fat rolls, breast size, anything?

Basically, no. If I'm hugging a friend or someone I like but don't know that well yet (eg after 1st date) then I'm thinking, mmm, this is nice (as hugging is) but mostly trying to be careful not to touch her breasts/bum/bra straps etc or get a hard-on because I don't want her to think I'm being a perv or want to bed her that night when really I'm just trying to enjoy a nice hug with someone I hope to get ot know better.
 NerdStatus
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 1:54:15 PM
You're over-thinking it.
 c_deacon
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 2:08:45 PM
I agree with the "over thinking" comment.....

Maybe some put more into it if insecure or have a "space problem" with those that invade their space? A hug will tell you, as will a hand shake, and a kiss, the personality of the one giving it, and how they just might feel about you.

I do not hug unless given the invite, and my hugs will be determined by how much I enjoy sharing the space with the one I am with. A "lean over" with a small "pat on the back" means that our space will remain apart for whatever reason that entails.

A real hug that is close and more full body is for those that I care enough about to let them in that far and me them. It can have many connotations depending on the two people hugging and why. The same kind of hug can mean one thing for a family member, and another for a date or someone you want to know sensually and/or sexually.

Is this not like a kiss or kissing? There are so many ways and meanings to a kiss or a hug and even a hand shake, that to lump them all into one or think a specific way, just may confuse more then solve.

Just my opinion........
 rosesforyou
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/15/2007 3:09:50 PM
Depends on the guy. Ok here is my take on this. If I give a woman a hug and it's a bit of a squeeze kind of like the bear hug thing going on. Personally it's about emotions for me and it's my way of really feeling connected to that person. I would hope it shows them that I'm extra interested, VS that slight friendship hug that sometimes can hardly be felt.

Second part to this.. If I'm getting serious with someone then sure along with that bear hug it feels good to get a feel for the persons body as well. Main thing to me though is bear hugs equal closeness and connection. If you ever meet me and I give you a bear hug, well assume that I really like you more then a friend.
 splitrock
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/15/2007 3:52:18 PM
OP, to me a hug is simply a sign of affection. Now if he starts to grab your ass, that's something different.

Are you checking for fat rolls, breast size, anything?

No, but I will admit feeling her breasts against your chest is a nice warm feeling. I remember my first hug with my last girlfriend who had large breasts. It kind of makes you thinkā€¦ I can't wait till I can get my hands on them.

I've had guys give me hugs and if he holds me for that little "extra" time with a little more squeeze

A huge is kind of like a good handshake; some hugs are good, some hugs are weak, some hugs are just plain uncomfortable. Don't overanalyze a hug; take it for what it is.
 cmsweet
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:02:18 PM
I am not feeling for fat rolls, if a woman looks good to me clothed I don't expect perfection unclothed. Really I am just saying goodbye and trying to iniate a little physical affection. Perhaps if she hugs back with some positive energy, I might sneak in alittle kiss on the cheek or flirt by moving my hand down her back until she stops me.
Anyway-that's my story an i'm sticking to it!
 nigelwright
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:10:33 PM
Sounds very cynical.
I f held someone for a little longer it would because i liked them !
 Jetplague
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:12:48 PM
Well, obviously we feel something or a pair of something as we hug... I think many men just want to feel her hugging back as much as he is. Ya know...to get the impression that maybe they did good and that perhaps some affection is there. Rolls of fat?? No. That's what a woman thinks a man is thinking about. Actually a man is probably wondering "When do I get to squeeze her butt too?"
 cmsweet
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 4:58:49 PM
I keep thinking about this thread and i must say it's very intriguiging. I stated earlier thatuld use it to flirt and iniate physical contact, but in fact I'd be happy to hug most women just out of friendship. I would only be hesitant if the woman seemed to like me and i had no interest. What do ya all think?
 kaagwaantaan
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/15/2007 5:08:36 PM

I HATE having women hug me because our breasts squish together and it's uncomfortable

Man, I was out one night and a g/f from work was feeling no pain when she hugged me.
I literally feared for my life. She squished every last ounce of air out of me and I was literally fighting to breath.

G/F grew up fishing with her dad and brothers and when she hugged me, I had all the air squeezed out of my lungs.

I NEVER thought a hug would end up beeing a life or death situation.
 KitNbootz
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/15/2007 5:30:55 PM
I've had some guys just want a sincere hug while others where using as an "in" to try to sneak a feel.

Personally, I love sincere hugs-- love, love, love 'em-- so I welcome the former rather than latter type of guy any day.

Happy fishing.
 Silver Sharpie
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 6:14:45 PM
Surprised nobody's mentioned this. A hug can be a good opportunity to check out her scent. And I don't mean like how dogs do it.
 lpbrian
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/15/2007 7:08:50 PM
It depends on who you are hugging. I'm not a big hugging machine but thats only because I am in hugging limbo right now. So whenever I get one I like to smell the perfume if she is wearing it and I like just being close, feeling the warmth. I like them.
 patsruleagain
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/15/2007 8:21:00 PM
First of all...no ulterior motives!!! BUT, I am going to guess, each woman has a different opinion on how long the perfect hug should last!! So, what woman would consider perfect, the next may consider groping!!!!

Maybe this should be the topic for the first day of Sex Ed...and I think I would take the class again just to learn the etiquette here!!!
 Gee_m
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 9:30:28 PM
Touch is an important part of who I am, so if I hug a woman for a bit longer than normal, it's probably because I like her. Either as a friend or more.
 bigteddybear
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/15/2007 9:36:50 PM
me personally is because i like someone.... And guys are also judging hugs...if a female is more into it, like full on body contact and a good grip on him...shows more care. just the quick squeeze and pat is off setting.
 Remote Control
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/15/2007 9:42:50 PM
I know that when I've hugged a person it is just a sign of affection, nothing more. If I've ever hugged a person a little longer or tighter its because I feel I might not be hugging them well enough. This is a really interesting question, but sometimes a hug is just a hug. There is also the possibility that you are wanting it to mean more so you look for hidden meanings or you are self-conscious and are getting uncomfortable.
 rockondon
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 9:56:26 PM

Surprised nobody's mentioned this. A hug can be a good opportunity to check out her scent. And I don't mean like how dogs do it.

s'funny, I was thinkin the same thing. Except I do mean like how dogs do it.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Do guys try to feel something from a hug?