Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Whitetigeress
Msg: 351
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?Page 15 of 45    (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45)
thank you barry........... you hit it right on the nose (umm no pun intended )
 khrockproducer
Msg: 352
Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?
Posted: 11/3/2006 8:45:40 PM
Some men, occassionally, deserve to be slapped.

It depends on a persons' behavior and what they say and do. I frankly think if a man is exceedingly abusive, and nasty, sure, slap him, but that would be a rare thing. It's a woman's prerogative to occassionally slap a man when he steps way over the line. It generally doesn't go the other way, but there are rare circumstances.

Women generally don't cause a lot of damage when they just slap a man because he's being especially crude and stepped way over the line. They have little hands and aren't trying to actually punch the guy out. That would be different. But there are different situations.

In the US, we have a major issue with domestic violence, generally propagated by men and some to a degree that is extremely frightening....and it's very commonplace. Some of these women, their faces have been destroyed by abuse, it's just terrible.

One thing I was educated about when dealing with abuse -- was that the emotional and psychological abuse, most people cite, as the worst kind. It's the idea that people think that what they say and the way they seek to play with your mind is "okay" because it isn't hitting you, but the effects are terrible (including weight loss, severe depression and illness). It's disabling, and where some people get the motivation to be destructive to others psychologically and mentally is usually rooted in narcissism.

In the pamphlets about domestic abuse ---- they teach you about the kinds of "games" and the kinds of lines...verbally...that emotionally abusive people tend to use.

It's very important to get educated, because once you are ... its very easy to spot a person who does this early on in the relationship, and to almost predict what they will do and say...

I've gotten to where I can do this and spot the patterns...

My last relationship here in POF...was like this, and all of the classic emotional and psychological abuse was evident. Funny though, the guy did not have anywhere near the experience I have in relationships, or with this specifically, and that I was educated about it. So, he would actually do things where I already knew the pattern well enough....to place it like a template over the syndrome of his behavior. It was pretty rote and classic.

Were it not for being educated, I might have been very confused and gotten sucked into the game, and the damage would have been much worse, but because I was educated and taught to spot this, and exactly what the motivation and techniques are, I was able to stand back and see it clearly and know what I was dealing with.

Do, get educated about this. Once you know what the real agenda is of people who are abusive REALLY is, and you know that it's so common that you can actually read the same lines in pamphlets from the NAtional Institute of Health, and the US Dept. of Health and Human Services, .... it comes across as amazing as to how unorigional people are.

They tend to do and say the same things. A lot of the motivation stems from a lack of self esteem in themselves and a need to manipulate their partner by putting her down, by playing games of sadism, withholding, its all pretty rote stuff, and once you get it and you get educated, it becomes easy to spot and speeds your identifying this syndrome and getting help. Don't expect them to change though. Denial is part of the syndrome of malignant narcissism. It's a very good thing to confront these people in front of others, such as your friends and family, and to come here to POF and talk about it. They can't stand it when what they do becomes an issue of discussion publically....but it's also the best way for you to get help and support --- by shining the light in the darkness.

Don't expect them to get better, just get better yourself.
 Farkis McSwifflebum
Msg: 353
Posted: 11/3/2006 8:52:05 PM
Personally, there is nothing I enjoy more than a through beat-down from my woman. If she can't make me bleed, I'm just not interested.
 BCDream
Msg: 354
Posted: 11/3/2006 10:35:26 PM
I have been struck by women before in relationship, my ex backfisted me in the mouth while I was driving then jumped on me and ripped my clothes in a rage. I have had things thrown at me and been hit by backpacks.

None of it hurt. Women who hit are in a hormone rage, its pure childish failure to control anger.
 geriberry
Msg: 355
Posted: 11/6/2006 4:36:15 PM
Its not okay for anyone to hit anyone or behave in an aggressive and violent manner.
 bethanco
Msg: 356
Posted: 11/6/2006 4:52:27 PM
Its called assault regardless of sex, and can be 3rd degree assault which could land you a police record. Colorado is death on assault, hitting, pushing, shoving, if arrested you could get 1 year of Anger Management.
 Altered_Ego
Msg: 357
Posted: 11/6/2006 7:18:52 PM
I just don't believe physical violence has any place in a relationship.
 SimbadSailor
Msg: 358
Posted: 11/6/2006 7:27:30 PM

Some men, occassionally, deserve to be slapped.

I wonder what would be the justification for it. Surely the same justification would work for slapping women.
 The Lady
Msg: 359
Posted: 11/6/2006 8:06:14 PM
In my lifetime, I've delivered a slap in the face three times, twice a male was on the receiving end. The first time was a long time ago, and a man at a party got way out of line, first verbally with incredibly crude comments, and after being told to stop, and an attempt to walk away, he placed his grubby paws on me. He damn well deserved what he got, and if he'd retaliated, he wouldn't have gotten back up from the floor. The second was my own son, at an age when spanking wasn't possible, he was dreadfully disrespectful and ignorant to me, and was more than old enough to suffer the consequences. The third was my daughter, similar situation to the son. Neither have spoken to me like that since.

A properly delivered slap in the face - done for the right reasons, at the right time - will teach the recipient a lesson they simply cannot learn from being ignored, or by you walking away.

Should a man ever slap a woman for the same behaviour? No. A man's voice and size generally can convey the same message. A slap from a man will knock the average woman over. A slap from a woman will generally only leave a red mark on a guilty cheek.

Unfortunately, the younger generations have overused, and misused the time-honoured 'slap in the face', where it's now a common reaction to all kinds of things, its used as a challenge, as a threat, as an attention-getter. That's just unfortunate.

"edited for typos"
 tiredofheadgames
Msg: 360
Posted: 11/6/2006 8:41:08 PM
" Women generally don't cause a lot of damage when they just slap a man because he's being especially crude and stepped way over the line. "

khrock,

So if a woman says something the guy does not like, can he slap her then to???

what a BS double standard.
If she hits him, she best be prepared to receive.
Its an eye for an eye.
I will not hit her, if she does not hit me...if she smacks me and its not a play fighting thing, I think she deserves to be taught what it feels like.

I seriously think you need to talk to someone about anger management if you think its okay to hit a man.
 Altered_Ego
Msg: 361
Posted: 11/7/2006 10:16:29 AM
I prefer to avoid violence if at all possible.

If a woman were to hit me, I'd do my best to keep her from hitting me again, then I'd leave the room. I would only consider violence as a last resort. Even then, I believe in using minimum force....

The problem is that a man is likely to be in legal trouble for hitting a woman... it may not matter who hit first.

If it appeared she had violent tendencies, I'd end the relationship.
 holdmy
Msg: 362
Posted: 11/7/2006 10:18:23 AM
sure, it's ok for a woman to hit a man just as long she she is ready to get put back in her place.
 Avalon96
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2006 4:38:48 AM
No, it's not okay for a woman to hit a man. and it's not okay for a man to hit a woman either. If the only answer you have is violence, you need to think a little harder. ,,
 _Shenanigans_
Msg: 364
Posted: 11/9/2006 4:42:03 AM
I think anyone hitting someone they are supposed to love is disgusting and revolting. Regardless of gender.
 S.A.N.
Msg: 365
Posted: 11/9/2006 6:17:02 PM
If a woman hits me i think im big enough to suck it up.The most i would do is stop her from doing it again.I ended a relationship over that once,after the second incident i figured it would keep happening.I never went back.The first time it was her fault the second time was mine for staying there never was a third.good ridance.
 gia69
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:44:07 AM
shure it's ok for a women to defend herself .....actually i personally think more wemen should know how to fight...cose if a man ever tries to touch me ,he better make shure i'm dead cose i'll beat the shit out of him untill he stops breathing!
gia
 litlemisscntbewrong
Msg: 367
Posted: 11/14/2006 12:54:51 AM
Knock em out!!!!!!!!!!
 Mr Bain
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2006 1:47:33 AM
If a woman is going to hit me, no matter what her reason, I'm just going to leave without uttering a peep.

Not that I have any experience of this sort, or envision it happening, but if it does, silence and a quick exit will be my solution. Nothing more.
 p19630416
Msg: 369
Posted: 11/14/2006 5:49:47 AM
No it is not OK (POINT).
Reading this… it’s a sign to pack your bags and leave.
But then, all depends… if it was the first time, second, third!
Reasons and any provoking!
But on your case… call the police and report it. Violence is violence, abuse is abuse, and no one should hit anyone for what ever reason was it.
 stonedpilot
Msg: 370
Posted: 11/14/2006 6:00:57 AM
Its never ok for a man to hit a woman or vice-versa. Men are punished more severely because we have the aility to inflict much greater injury to a woman than a woman can inflict on us. We are both capable of the same degree of anger. I repeat: It's never OK to abuse ANYONE, but I'd rather be hit by my wife than her brother.
 Saturday Night Rocks
Msg: 371
Posted: 11/14/2006 6:32:24 AM
We talking car or we talking frying pan?
 saucysausage
Msg: 372
Posted: 12/1/2006 8:51:36 PM
its not ok for anyone to hit anyone actually its all a form of violence,i dont even like parents who belt their kids,if you not happy get out and move fast.
 FMRW
Msg: 373
Posted: 12/1/2006 9:23:05 PM
well the way i look at it it is up to the individual as to weather they are going to put up with the abuse and allow the abuser to continue in the cycle.it is genderless
the fact that both sexes abuse physicaly, finacial, emotional,sexual is like a cancer that eats away at a relationship plain and simple it is not ok for anyone to lay thier hands on any other person unless otherwise asked to under any circumstance other then protection of self or family etc.there are alot of abusers on both sides yet unfortunately men are far more physicaly abusive to women and it is proven .yet i am a man that was on the other side of the coin and in understanding that it took me a very long time to understand what was going on i finaly charged her and she did 5 months yet all along i was being called a woman beater and that i was molesting my children two things that are the furthest thing from what i was or am in my life .You see abuse is very damaging on all exspecialy the children and unfortunately they are the ones that end up getting the short end of the stick they end up getting only one parent and feeling not complete ,i understand how some people think it might have been worth it to just live with it ,yet i know in my heart that would not be right for you would only be teaching your children to live with abuse, so they get it if you do or dont s to answer the question it is a big fat no women should not hit thier mates and there mates should not hit them and even when you are hit walk away dont hit back phone thepolice and charge him or her plain and simple do not take abuse from anyone it hurts you and your children
 *Tee*
Msg: 374
Posted: 12/1/2006 9:24:29 PM
Only if its with a nerf football...
 ch3v3lle4me
Msg: 375
Posted: 12/1/2006 9:30:31 PM
NOBODY has the right to lay a hand on anyone,male or female!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it okay for a woman to hit a man?