Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Fat man, slim woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Fat man, slim womanPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)

So by your conception, a husband who is fit and in shape WOULD be a sex object?

I doubt i'll get married, but if I did, you bet your azz the guy would be a sexual object - of course there's more to him than that - but it's got to be part of the deal.

Yes someone is better shape would be more desirable physically, but you're talking in absolutes here. I would date a girl who was fit or a little chubby, either way I wouldn't see her as a sex object.

Well, we're all different. Anyone I date or marry has to be an object of sexuality, at least in the bedroom.
 beautiminded
Msg: 27
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/19/2008 3:13:55 PM
Nicely said I agree though. I dont have anything against "slim" and "slender" guys, but I am sorry, in the end, you aren't going to do anything for me. As weird as this may be, I love to snuggle and hug and I have issues with "fit" guys defending me and being more than friends....I am attracted to bigger guys and men seem to be the ones who go for the skinnier chicks...so I guess go look for whatever type of body you want
 JasleneM
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/19/2008 4:02:07 PM
I'm 5'1" and 105 pounds and my boyfriend is 6'1" and about 260-270 lbs (and no, it's not all muscle). He, like you, has always struggled w/ his weight. He has been as low as 190 before and was able to keep it up for a yr but you know what? He is such a great guy that I love him any size....so yeah, the fat man/slim woman combo is alive in my life and I wouldn't want it any other way :)
 kittybiscuit
Msg: 29
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:13:17 PM
I'm fat so I am out of the question but anyway, I like guys of all sizes since the reverse question would be do big girls like skinny men.
 abby156
Msg: 30
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/19/2008 5:30:48 PM
I prefer men that are on the lean side. I am weighing in at a whopping 105 pounds and I dont think a much larger man and I would be a good match..
 swfl_dan
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/19/2008 6:19:12 PM

Having been quite obese at times in my life, I can tell you a woman that small had never shown interest in me that way.

I've been 300 pounds, and I've been 165. What I find very interesting is that I seem to get more attention from more women when I'm right around 190. I still have a bit of a gut, but I'm not so overweight that I'm huffin' and puffin' going up stairs or walking around the flea market.

At 165-170 I'm "in shape" and look kinda "cut". Have any other men had this experience, or can women shed some light? It's almost as if the average woman wants a guy to be attractive enough to turn her on, but not so attractive she thinks he's gonna be out whoring around?
 regalrose
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/19/2008 10:31:39 PM
Well, I ain't skinny, though I used to be, and I ain't huge either, though I used to be.
Still, in either case, I've just always liked guys who were a bit on the stocky side. I don't mean 50 lb. beer gut or obese by any means, just guys that have some meat on their bones. I never have cared for the thin or small boned look. Just a personal preference. Have I ever gone out with a thin guy....a few times, because of his personality. Have I ever gone out with an obese guy....yeah, a couple of times, but they just were not compatible in other ways with me. Still, when it comes to my personal idea of "wow", it's the "few extra lbs." overall that's attractive to me.
 lolnothnx
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/20/2008 3:07:32 AM
It is a horrible image that the media feeds to us to try to brainwash into thinking that beautiful women want to be with not so beautiful guys. You will see billions of movies where the average or ugly guy gets the gorgeous girl but you will never see the reverse, and when you do, the girl will undergo a makeover such as in "she's all that." Funny enough the "average guy" who gets the hot chick at the end NEVER has to undergo a physical makeover.

I agree that birds of a feather should flock together and its sad that men think its okay for them to be shallow but its not okay for women to be just as superficial when picking a guy to date.
 HikingFitGuy
Msg: 34
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/20/2008 3:41:05 AM
Fat guy, slim woman, fat wallet is the obvious answer
 superteach
Msg: 35
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:02:28 AM
lolnothnx: The one exception I can think of (and the guy was not hot) was Shallow Hal, and the woman was beautiful if obese. Yes, the real actress played the part for most of the movie (skinny and gorgeous), but I guess they tried. You have to go to independent films to see the actual not-so-gorgeous woman end up with the gorgeous guy.
 Blueskies123
Msg: 36
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/20/2008 8:48:25 AM
^^^yeah I like Shallow Hal..but I like Jack Black anyway!

My preference is for average guys I guess..too big and they would dwarf me plus I just don't find huge guys attractive.
 lolnothnx
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Fat man, slim woman
Posted: 1/20/2008 3:34:11 PM
shallow hal wasn't gorgeous though. He was avarage and he only hit on "beautiful women." When the doctor put the curse on him he started hitting on women at HIS level or uglier only he didnt realize that. I dont think Uma Thermon in a fat suit is that much uglier than the guy who played hal. Maybe she was a bit bigger but thats it. Its not like Hal looked like a male model.
And Hal had a horrible personality. So what the movie basically saying is that unnattractive girls with amazing personalities need to settle for average guys with horrible personalities. It still does not match up.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Fat man, slim woman