Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Abortion      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kaos86
Msg: 101
AbortionPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Abortion is legal here because the majority of people believe in choice, a minority believe in fascism.

The fascists and NAZIs also killed the helpless so be careful of the rhetoric you throw around.

Pro Life advocates say abortion is murder at any point in pregnancy yet some make exceptions for rape cases.

I did not say murder. I said it was ending a life. The only exception I make is for the life of the mother. To disagree with abortion does not necessarily mean to hate the misguided.
 rockondon
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2008 9:53:00 PM

Abortion is the ending of a life!
So is masturbating. How many potential lives are lost to each Pamela Anderson fantasy?
A significant portion of our western diet requires of lives of livestock.
Millions of lives of your skin cells, blood cells, etc are lost in the time it took you to read this sentence.
With so many lives lost so frequently, why weep for one but not millions of others?

I can't say definitively whether or not it is morally sound to have an abortion, but I will say that trying to impose my own sense of morality on others is definately immoral. If I don't know a girl that is considering an abortion, what her situation is, what she's feeling, or all the other factors that drive her to make such a difficult decision - who am I to choose for her?
 Hal 9000
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2008 9:53:11 PM
I really revel in these debates. I wonder if there are any abortion clinic suicide bombers lurking in these pages. Isn't a less fully grown fetal life of greater importance to a few old cronies practicing barbaric medicine? Come on, there must be some takers! Where are the bombadeers? Let's fire this topic up!
 * L *
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Abortion
Posted: 8/28/2008 10:05:54 PM

So is masturbating. How many potential lives are lost to each Pamela Anderson fantasy?

^^ humorous yet interesting point there rockon....so perhaps Pam should be held accountable too?
 Kaos86
Msg: 105
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:12:59 PM

A significant portion of our western diet requires of lives of livestock.
Millions of lives of your skin cells, blood cells, etc are lost in the time it took you to read this sentence.

Wow... What logic.
If you don't know the difference between a human and an animal it's time to spend a week or two on a farm.
And if you don't understand the difference between a male gamete and a fertilized ovum it's time for a couple weeks of basic biology.
 IncognitoGuido
Msg: 106
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:18:10 PM
^^^I know my biology, I know a$$holes... I am an expert on them.

Kaos, you should read the "tolerant" thread. You are definately welcome to your own thoughts and opinions about abortion, and I for one will not call you "wrong" or belittle you for your beliefs. But take it from one a$$hole to another, basic biology would put your above post to shame. The only difference between us and the animals is that we are worse.

VVV
EDIT

What the hell are you talking about?
You have no issue taking down a wild animal but you have an issue with someone aborting a fetus?

I believe there also was a hypocrites thread....
And I was speaking for myself....
 Kaos86
Msg: 107
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2008 12:31:23 PM
But take it from one a$$hole

You speak for yourself on that comment.

basic biology would put your above post to shame.

Not quite sure what that means.

The only difference between us and the animals is that we are worse.

You need to spend some time in the wild with animals that could kill a human, to learn the difference between man and beast.
The difference is we have the advanced brain to control animals for our needs. Just as a bigger animal will eat a smaller animal for his needs.

On second thought, you are right ,we are the same and that gives us the right to consume animals just as they consume each other!
 Phuqd
Msg: 108
Abortion
Posted: 8/29/2008 1:51:10 PM
What about animals that are cannibals?
Does that mean we can eat babies?
 Minerva73
Msg: 109
Abortion
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:40:12 AM
Animals do not have rational or moral thought process and that is the difference. An animal can and will eat it's young if it is weak or dead in some cases while humans will mourn the loss and morality will inalmost every case prevent him or her from the same behavior.

Animal instincts however after a certain amount of time for the basics of surival will trump all other behavior as such the case of someone dying of starvation and his or her friend is near death. Cannibalism is not above reason in an attempt to live to see another day.

Animals do things in a cold way to human standards but to an animal it is the best solution and most efficient way of an end result. Female animals in many cases mate with the strongest male based on instinct and the males ability to beat out other males for the females attention. Males in general in most animal heards are leaders and protectors while females nurse young.

The basices of human nature allow us to reason , make choices based on our own moral beliefs and decide based on wisdom of others before us. We decide what is best for our own personal needs. A man or woman can decide to sleep with someone who is trach and decide they do not wish to parent a child, a woman can choose to terminate a pregnancy because that is her human right.

I believe in free speech and free choice of an individual to choose what is best for them. I will fight for that right even if I do not agree with what is said or done by the individual and this is what freedom is all about.
The day any personal freedom is stripped from us is the day we are no longer free.
 Minerva73
Msg: 110
Abortion
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:51:30 AM

Abortion is legal here because the majority of people believe in choice, a minority believe in fascism.

The fascists and NAZIs also killed the helpless so be careful of the rhetoric you throw around.

Pro Life advocates say abortion is murder at any point in pregnancy yet some make exceptions for rape cases.

I did not say murder. I said it was ending a life. The only exception I make is for the life of the mother. To disagree with abortion does not necessarily mean to hate the misguided.

The fascist NAZI party killed people and tried to take over much of europe. Their propaganda was about race and white supremacy. Fascism is not limitedmerely to Nazi Germany, I suggest looking up the meaning of fascism to fully understand it is taking away the rights of the people it is supposed to serve.

As for Pro Life advocates saying abortion is murder, go to a Pro Life Rally and ask them if it is..... I did not say anyone in this thread in particular called it murder.
Also you mention those who agree with abortion as being misguided.... by who's definition are those in favor of allowing personal choice to be above that of a special interest group against abortion to be misguided?

The great thing about a forum is the debate of an opinion and the deinitions stated in a thread. Interesting thought can come of it all and healthy solutions often come from opposition.
 Kaos86
Msg: 111
Abortion
Posted: 8/31/2008 11:10:39 AM

The fascist NAZI party killed people and tried to take over much of europe. Their propaganda was about race and white supremacy. Fascism is not limitedmerely to Nazi Germany, I suggest looking up the meaning of fascism to fully understand it is taking away the rights of the people it is supposed to serve.

Not sure what the point of that lecture was.
However I do understand the meaning and that is why I used it. It was to point out the rediculousness of your use of hyperbole.

Also you mention those who agree with abortion as being misguided

If you can call one side fascists certainly we can call the other misguided!

The great thing about a forum is the debate of an opinion and the deinitions stated in a thread. Interesting thought can come of it all and healthy solutions often come from opposition.

If only the name calling would cease.
 Phuqd
Msg: 112
Abortion
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:09:12 PM

If only the name calling would cease.

What a **stard.
I can't believe someone else would call someone such a terrible name, particularly in a public forum?
 60to70
Msg: 113
Abortion
Posted: 9/12/2008 10:22:39 PM
Years ago, with all my excuses intact, I got familiar with abortion. Blah and blah and blah amounts to blah. Some get intimate with Abortion and hold steady with their personal stands for the freedom to abort.Let them rock steady! I will not debate nor argue the relative merit of Abortion. Should I ever return as a young, child-bearing woman, I would never again get intimate with Abortion. Check out birth control and whichever means you choose, make sure it is effective. What dies is more than just the "thing" that apparently is not alive. And please do not use the "men should....natter, natter." Many men before the age of ....I don't know....35...are frequently undependable. Should you have been raped....stand tall , mercy is on your side. Do what you have to.
 Amma63
Msg: 114
Abortion
Posted: 9/24/2008 9:32:11 AM
OP - I will be honest in saying that I did not read EVERY reply in the last 5 pages.

Everyone has their own views - which they are welcome to. However, I tuned out when I saw the word "Nazi".....that is when I stopped reading and went back to your original post.

Your questions was:
How do you feel about abortion?

I personally do not have an issue with it - it is an individual woman's right. I do object when I see it used as a form of 'birth control' . That IS wrong

I had a good friend who was raped, which resulted in a pregnancy. Due to her Parent's religious beliefs - abortion was out of the question. She had to go through the 9 months, the labour................before she could even deal with the attack. Then she had to cope with the loss of the child...........where is the fairness in that??

This is something that is such a personal choice................which is probably why very few choose to discuss is openly
 Entzauberung
Msg: 115
Abortion
Posted: 11/17/2009 6:57:33 PM
I recently saw a bumper sticker.

"Choose life.
Your mother did."

Fortunately my family's planning has never had to make this choice but the dam slogan nearly succeeded in making me feel guilty about my beliefs.

I got to thinking that just because someone is born doesn't necessarily mean their mother had a choice in the matter.
 Island Raven
Msg: 116
Abortion
Posted: 11/18/2009 8:39:15 PM
I think the only ones who really have anything to say are the ones who have been faced with the decison. I dont think anyone really can have much opinion about something until you have been there...

It is a hot topic and always has beenn but in the end it is a womans decison ..I dont think mens opinions are valid or women who have never had children or had to make a decison on whether to have or not have a child ...
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Abortion