Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nik420
Msg: 176
Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???Page 8 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Hey fiatlover, try stowing the high school level snobbery! You realize that snobbery is the first step towards the dark side!
 fiatlover
Msg: 177
Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???
Posted: 6/3/2008 10:53:04 AM
Good Morning to you too Nik,

Nice to know I still have the high school thing going at my age, I take that as a compliment, but I get your drift

I think you would find me far from being a snob, but the dark side is sounding a bit exciting, exactly what is in store for me on the dark side

You were one of our main topics at the picnic, we were all expecting you to show

Guess that's it for now, can't think of anything more at the moment to say that would annoy you

Trust I'll be reading and will always answer whatever you throw my way:modhammer:

Have a wonderful day, Fiatlover
 obear
Msg: 178
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2008 5:31:18 PM
AS you too nik40, have been at high school snobbery!!!

You start it with your comments back to someone giving their OPINIONS!
Writing back to someone to say thanks for the personal email on this forum, instead of their personal email, you wrote that here just to say ha- ha to us on this forum, we dont care to hear that others are giving you ataboy on your personal email, Why cant they write what they have to say here? Or is it your way of more high school game playing!

Fiatlover, you are a smart lady, and I think he cant handle smart women, that is why he needs the control, or feeling in control. He seems to like the spotlight and wanting people to agree with his opinion, that maybe we will see him on T.V. fighting for his issue, at Olympia.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 179
Posted: 6/5/2008 3:27:58 PM
Don't bogart that joint, my friend, pass it over to me...

vaxplant
Msg: 180
Posted: 6/5/2008 6:51:34 PM
LOL Fleur you're incorrigable :)
 Nik420
Msg: 181
Posted: 6/9/2008 8:06:09 AM
Quoting vaxplant: "LOL Fleur you're incorrigable :)"

I see; now we're giving out positive strokes for bad, schoolyard behavior. NICE!
 SummerWheatley
Msg: 182
Posted: 6/9/2008 11:53:58 AM
Excerpt from "The Care and Feeding of Social Network Trolls":

The problem is that there is no easy fix for dealing with trolls; they will always be around wherever people congregate online. No matter where you go or what you do, there will always be a couple of trolls hanging out waiting for their next victim.

Over the years, I have found a couple of things that work besides online retaliation.

1) Ignore them, this takes quite a long time and often requires a group effort to dissuade them from acting as they do

2) Confront them carefully and with care privately via email or messaging. You have to be careful though not to put them on the defense. Ask them in a non-threatening way why they have singled you out. Tell them how their behavior makes you feel, ask them to put themselves in your shoes and ask them how they would feel by being treated the same way. Note: this only works on certain types of people, some just don’t care, period.

3) Kill them with kindness. Use positive affirmations every time they make negative or derogatory comments. Don’t give up, keep doing it. If nothing else, it will be apparent to others that you are the better person. This may end up shaming the troll over time. After while they will see that you won’t succumb or stoop to their level. At least it won’t give the troll any ammunition to continue the battle.

4) Trollbaiting. I don’t generally condone this, but I have seen it work on online forums. This requires a large group of users to be effective. Every time the troll strikes everyone in the group starts commenting and baiting the troll, it keeps the troll so busy, reacting that it minimizes their efforts to cause problems elsewhere. Have some fun with them. Generally, after being baited a couple of times, the troll will move on and cause problems elsewhere.

Of course, there are people that are just plain mean. It is their nature and they enjoy hurting others, both online and off. They were born that way and there isn’t much anyone can do about such people. My best advice is to ignore them, they aren’t worth the frustration and aggravation.

http://fvrit.com/archive/2008/02/19/the-care-and-feeding-of-social-network-trolls.aspx
 ~Be My Soft Spot~
Msg: 183
Posted: 6/9/2008 10:59:12 PM
damn, did I miss the picnic?
 fiatlover
Msg: 184
Posted: 6/9/2008 11:09:41 PM
You mean the picnic we had over a week ago???? Yes, you missed the rain and wind and all of us huddled under a big tree, wrapped in blankets, attempting to stay warm and dry. Was fun tho. Hum, I think we are on the wrong forum, thought I would add that before Nik corrected me, sorry Nik, wrong forum, I'll try to do better.
 SummerWheatley
Msg: 185
Posted: 6/9/2008 11:26:31 PM
I was bummed I missed the picnic due to being out of town for a family reunion. I'm looking forward to attending another outdoor event though when the weather is better. I've had a few bites of interest in doing one at Emerald Downs, which I think would be a blast.
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 186
Posted: 6/10/2008 12:09:26 AM
Bad schoolyard behavior???

fiatlover
Msg: 187
Posted: 6/10/2008 10:27:31 PM
Beats playing Hop Scotch Okay, off to study hall for us
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 188
Posted: 6/10/2008 11:47:07 PM
No time for study hall - it's recess time!

fiatlover
Msg: 189
Posted: 6/11/2008 8:34:01 AM
But some of us don't play well with others during recess

I keep getting sent to study hall, must be that high school snobbery thing I have going, ya think - NIK?
 vaxplant
Msg: 190
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:45:15 PM
Better study hall than yet another lecture on "Pot 120: Non-Sequitor Ramblings on Why I'm right and the rest of the world is wrong".

Oooh! hey! Lookey-here! I snuck a straw out of the Caffeteria. Spitball fight time
 vaxplant
Msg: 191
Posted: 6/12/2008 6:45:54 PM
Better study hall than yet another lecture on "Pot 120: Non-Sequitor Ramblings on Why I'm right and the rest of the world is wrong".

Oooh! hey! Lookey-here! I snuck a straw out of the Caffeteria. Spitball fight time
 Nik420
Msg: 192
Posted: 6/16/2008 8:21:28 AM
Wow! Those responses are, (ahem) so ON topic...

Why do none of you care to ask the question: "When did marijuana become so much of a "social pariah" that we must even ask if it was a "deal breaker", purely on the basis of it being illegal?"

You people, more than likely break some kind of law now and then. Even if it is only a traffic law.

Theodore Sturgeon known for his dedication to a credo of critical thinking that challenged all normative assumptions: "ask the next question."

Or better yet, ask yourself why you folks are even at the point where you are asking the question, I mean, are you that Pavlovian?

Think about it!

If you insist on acting like out-of-control adolescences, than I am the professor!

Now pay attention class and most importantly: START USING YOUR MINDS FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN A WEIGHT TO KEEP YOUR BODY FROM DRIFTING INTO SPACE!
 fiatlover
Msg: 193
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:23:42 PM
Well hi there Nik, wondered where you had disappeared too.

Myself I had a short attention span in school and professors bored me.

Are some of us having a bit of a problem understanding what this forum is about. It is not for education on marijuana, it started as someone asking others there opinion about it, if they didn't smoke it but found someone they really liked but the only problem for that person was the other one's smoking, how would others handle it.

Would they based only on the fact that the person smokes pot but they like everything else about that person, could they over look that one thing they see as a flaw in the person OR based on it and only it would they choose not to date said person.

We all have are own opinions on the subject of smoking it, either one does or doesn't, for moral reasons, health reason, random UA test at work, and so on. We are all adults, we have been around iit, read about it, and formed our opinion based on our beliefs as to whether or not one could date someone who smokes and they don't.

Myself, I'm much older than many on the forum, I am what was called a flower child, we grew up fearing the draft, would our brothers, friends, family be drafted it was a very scary time in our teen years, pot happened to be the drug of choice, well that and beer, never heard of all the drugs people are doing now.

Based on todays drugs and how addicting and dangerous they are I would much rather my own kids smoked than tried any of the other things out there, but that is my and only my opinion.

Do I smoke, can't, back to work, like the job, wouldn't chance loosing it over a smoke, do I have a problem with others who do, NO, that is their personal choice, do I have a problem with those adamantly against it, NO, also their personal choice for one reason or another.

This brings us back to the deal breaker, would I, who can't smoke, date someone who does, myself personally, yes, as long as that persons smoking did not affect me in any way, such as it being a crutch and he couldn't go a day without it and had to have it on him at all times, I would have a problem with that, I wouldn't want to be in a car with said person when he was pulled over for one reason or another and have the stuff in the car, that would make me guilty by association.

I don't care what anyone does as long as it doesn't in anyway affect me personally in a bad way.

I think that sums up the real topic of this forum, if we want an education about it, how about a new forum "Education on Marijuana" anyone who wants to learn more about it can discuss it their. Now I ask you Nik, is there a problem with that?

SeattleArtist
Msg: 194
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:27:56 PM
fiat, I'll play devils advocate here. I think Nik brought up all this research to try and show us that it doenst have to be a deal breaker and that despite our upbringing to fear this herb, that thanks to this upbringing it has become a deal breaker because of its bad rep. Nik is trying to show is (thought it still is off the subject of the OP intentions) its not as bad as many have been led to believe.
 SeattleArtist
Msg: 195
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:28:42 PM
This is off the subject too but I had no choice. Fait, I have been trying to reach you and I finally found the contact info you gave me, no response of the IM so I am gonna call you! TTYL
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 196
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:52:48 PM
If you insist on acting like out-of-control adolescences, than I am the professor!

No stems no seeds that you don't need - Acapulco Gold is bad ass weed

SummerWheatley
Msg: 197
Posted: 6/16/2008 1:53:38 PM
Fleur~ you're outta control!
 fiatlover
Msg: 198
Posted: 6/16/2008 4:40:02 PM
SeattleArtist,

I understand what you are saying, BUT, the fact is, this forum is not for education, it's about personal beliefs and how they affect us in the dating world. Enjoyed chatting today - off to work
 SeattleArtist
Msg: 199
Posted: 6/16/2008 4:46:46 PM
yea in the end your right Fait. Also I had removed the blocks so we can communicate. TTYL
 chaswhatif
Msg: 200
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2008 10:43:56 PM
P
ot is a politically illicit smoke.
I guess Willie Nelson impared himself...and louis Armstrong.
"resistance to tyrannt-obedience to God-B.Franklin
Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???