Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fiatlover
Msg: 201
Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???Page 9 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
HUH, What did you just say Chaswhatif, I read and reread, not sure what you were saying and not too proud to admit it, please explain.
Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???
Posted: 6/19/2008 12:55:07 PM
Wow for a few minutes I thought that I had read the subject wrong, maybe entered into schoolyard bully forum. Anyway as for the mj being a dealbreaker - for me it would depend. I used to smoke, but having a very impressionable little girl, no longer do.

I have my own opinion on whether it should be legal or not and for what purpose, but regardless of my opinion it is illegal and I do not want to risk losing my daughter over that.
Posted: 6/19/2008 12:55:24 PM
Wow for a few minutes I thought that I had read the subject wrong, maybe entered into schoolyard bully forum. Anyway as for the mj being a dealbreaker - for me it would depend. I used to smoke, but having a very impressionable little girl, no longer do.

I have my own opinion on whether it should be legal or not and for what purpose, but regardless of my opinion it is illegal and I do not want to risk losing my daughter over that.
Posted: 6/20/2008 2:52:06 AM
Sorry didn't realize I double posted.
 carolanlana
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 11:09:52 AM
I believe it is a deal breaker. Consider the physiological effects to the body and also re-evaluate the affects to the brain chemistry when you ask this question. Who would want to date someone that lives in a fog? What kind of person lives their life escaping reality? How does this really promote relationships? I teach Health at the high school level. I have seen it change students lives and adult lives, it has never been good. If you look at the medical use then I could count it as one good point for those patients...only!!! If you are a user....find another person that is a user. Let's not choose to hurt more people by these decisions. It hurts your family and all the people who love you. You may not see it because you are in it, the fog. I was one of those people that the user hurt, by using. I speak from experience as a Health teacher and as a receipent of the drug use to myself ,a non-users. Good luck with your search for answers! Remember knowledge is power. Alana
 Captain Trailmix
Msg: 206
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 12:28:56 PM
Deal breaker for me. But then again, smoking tobacco used to be a deal breaker, until I fell in love with a smoker. Pets used to be a deal breaker, too, till I married a girl who had three cats.

I'd just rather not have it around--and definitely not in my home.

As for legalization....strictly from a fiscal standpoint it makes incredible sense. No more spending money on incarcerating thousands of drug-related criminals. Ye gods, with the potential tax revenue we could build a transportation system that works. Naturally I understand the argument for maintaining current laws, and anyway I doubt the country is willing even to engage in the discussion.
 borntoski683
Msg: 207
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2008 1:19:32 PM
I don't smoke pot, but I think it should be legal, but controlled and taxed the way booze is. Pure and simple. Its no more dangerous than alcohol. There definitely are certain medical situations that can benefit from it and from what I understand its still way too complicated and hard for those people to obtain pot legally.

when its illegal it creates crime, it creates a situation where mj is not quality controlled, etc..

Nobody likes a pothead, anymore than an alcoholic. I'd be c urious to know what the statistics are for locals that live in say, Amsterdam. Are there any more of them walking around in a fog all the time or do they tend to be responsible citizens for the most part? People that want to smoke pot and sit around in a fog all day, usually find a way to get it one way or another. Might as well make it legal and get it up on the table where it can be monitored more legitimately.
 Dansk Bjorn
Msg: 208
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2008 11:02:58 AM
In MY Life Experience to date...I have Yet..to encounter ANYONE..Who has used or IS using Pot, that hasnt been negatively effected by it in some way. It creates damage not just to theUser, but to Family, Friends, and Overall Life. From what I have seen, its not JUST the "Smoke"..but the Lifestyle that it fosters. Agree to it or not, Pot opens the doors to other more harmful drugs and the people that come with them as well. I have seen that Pot does have some Medicinal Value. The "side effects" seem to be less than the drugs the Doctors would have us use. But that is all individual and circumstancial. Aside from Medical Needs, whats the point of "getting high" just to do it? "Smoking" seems to attract and bond together a class of people that seem to have no ability to connect socially unless they are "passing the pipe". Some have lost the ability to cope with Lifes "trials and errors". Pot gives a momentary escape from it all, but every time its used it sets up the "user" for the next round by creating an addiction and dis-function, that compromises Any sense of Healthy Living. Go ahead think I'm being overly critical,..but I would challenge any and all to show me Facts that prove otherwise.
 cathyq
Msg: 209
Posted: 6/23/2008 7:41:44 PM
Its a deal breaker for me also.
 Nik420
Msg: 210
Posted: 7/5/2008 12:04:25 PM
Before you can even ask whether it is a deal breaker, especially because it is illegal, you must first educate yourself as to why and how it became illegal in the first place. These videos will give you a quick overview that is also concise and entertaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDuthy03Gkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoLQ6h1RSUE
 vaxplant
Msg: 211
Posted: 7/5/2008 3:35:53 PM
The facts of how it became illegal no matter how interesting, are irrelevant.

It *IS* illegal, ergo it's a deal breaker for some. Get it legal, and then it's a non-issue.
 Nik420
Msg: 212
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:36:52 AM
Then let's make it legal, vaxplant. You on board with that?

And, you mean it's irrelevant to YOU, not for me and others. Speak strictly for yourself, not others.
 nexthyme
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 9:41:07 AM
Hey, you guys hear about Oregon wanting to sell marijuana in stores?

Some people say that will never happen, but ya know, Oregon is one of those states that they make things happen, like Assisted suicide, and insurance for partners that aren't married, whether they are hetero or gay. (They are trying to repell that law)

They want it on the books by 2010, then marijuana would be treated in that state just like cigerettes, alcohol, chewing gum...

It will be interesting to see how they pull that one off since it is considered federally illegal, but it would have to have legal use in the state...

That would still fall under how serious of an issue it was to other people...
 Julya13
Msg: 214
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2008 4:44:32 PM
I think a lot of people have misconceptions of marijuana. All they see are the pot movies. People smoke until they are rum-dumb. Those are the people you need to worry about. There are other people like me that have many different conditions that it helps. I have a congential heart defect, asthema, ostroprosis (sp?), and joint damage. I do not take advantage of it, I do not go to work on it, I do not drive after smoking a bowl.

If you are responsible with it, it shouldn't be a problem. Have you ever heard a case where the person has been so messed up on pot that they kill there families? Get into a deathly accident? Kill themselves?

Julya
 liljester
Msg: 215
Posted: 12/21/2008 7:46:26 AM
Only read the OP, not all of the responses, assuming they are probably just the same old same old.
Truth is that MJ is legal for those with a permit, because it DOES have legitimate medical benefits. Even if it didn't, still not as harmful or addictive as alcohol or cigarettes. It would only be a "deal breaker" if the person was so stupid that they still believed the crap in Refer Madness and thought that it was on the same level as crack, meth, cocaine, or even alcohol for that matter. I have a hard time with people who just want to perpetuate ignorant lies for no good reason.
 1989urbancowboy
Msg: 216
Posted: 3/5/2009 2:41:01 AM
WATCH THIS VIDEO AND OPEN YOUR MINDS ALLOW THE GOVERNMENTS LIES TO BE WASHED AWAY... THIS VIDEO WILL SHOW YOU AND TELL YOU ABOUT THE GOVERNMENTS STUDIES AND FINDINGS!! I PROMISE YOU WILL LOOK AT MARIJUANA DIFFERENTLY IF YOU GIVE THIS VIDEO A CHANCE! AND I DARE YOU TO COMMENT OTHERWISE CAUSE YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE AN IGNORANT FOOL TO NOT HAVE A CHANGE OF MIND ON MARIJUANA

http://www.change.org/ideas/116/view_video/marijuana_history_101

marijuana is the solution.. as soon as we stop chasing marijuana users and stop wasting 9 billion a year to get rid of the drug we can more than double it in government profit.
 A grandfather first
Msg: 217
Posted: 3/19/2009 10:06:50 PM
I live in a jurisdiction that treats personal possession under 15 grams as a misdeameanour.

I belong to a compassion club that was suggested by my pharmacist, compassionately understood by my priest, abetted by my doctor and has educated me about the utilization of medicinal marijuana.

I've learned that marijuana is many more than one drug (THC).

Each strain is a mixture of multiple components, and has different effects than other strains.

The compassion club uses certified growers and the effects of strains are tested before they are made generally available to members.

The result is consistently graded herb of known potency, cleanness and type.

I carry my green card that identifies me as member XXXXX.

Should I am ever be stopped, it indicates that I am a medical marijuana user.

It also indicates that I have undertaken to accept the rules and understandings of the club - that we would treat this like any other prescription medication, being especially vigilant about sharing, selling, trading, or operating machinery while intoxicated.

There is nothing in our rules about using other drugs.

I can't imagine the people I meet there wanting to use other drugs - most of us have been tried out on other more toxic and disabling drugs - I had a conversation with my sister for ninety minutes one day and didn't remember it next day as a result of one drug I was given.

There is a profound difference between being relieved of pain and nausea than there is to being blotto drunk or pharmaceutically zonked.

To be relieved of pain and nausea is to be able to be for a while in the moment, to be able to do physical things somewhat normally, and to pursue pursuits of the mind without constantly having to shift position or deal with dry wretching.

Right now, there is a considerably higher correlation between Coca Cola and the use of drugs than there is any link to marijuana and use of other drugs.

The point is, there is a very large difference between responsible choice, psychogenic weakness and F-the world, I'm leaving.

Each deserves it's own response.

If social justice means anything, each should be compassionate.
 rastayoda
Msg: 218
Posted: 3/20/2009 8:28:48 AM
It is no where near as big of a problem as the gov't would have you believe.

In fact, it would shock the establishment to know how many people use it and lead healthy, productive lives.

They all aren't cheech and chong you know.
 Nannao
Msg: 219
Posted: 4/24/2009 2:42:39 PM
1) No for me smoking pot is not a deal breaker I don't have it on my profile because I don't do it often enough once maybe twice a year for me to feel that I need to include it.
2) I have never seen or personally been abused in any way by someone who smokes pot however I have seen and been personally abused by mean drunks, heroin addicts, Meth junkies, and even "successfully" treated mental patients.
3) The drug itself has more uses than just to get high, Hemp is a related product that can be used in many ways for example hemp contains more of the EFA's than soy which help protect your heart, hemp fabrics are more durable and last longer than cotton, hemp can also be used as a fuel source in a manner similar to using corn to drive your car, and last but certainly not least hemp is a weed which means it will grow in places where very few of the other commercially used plants will.
4) people who are addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, heroin, meth, and even prescriptions suffer physical and sometimes lethal withdrawals if they just stop taking the drug while people who have smoked pot almost everyday for years can stop with no physical side effects and none of them die because they quit.
Does this mean I don't think there should not be restrictions on who uses pot or when? No it does not I think that it should be legalized but under the same guidelines that alcohol and cigarettes were you just don't give it to a 10 year old and say enjoy have fun.
As far as marijuana being responsible for someone getting into the harder drugs no I don't think this is an issue, don't get me wrong the more pot smokers you meet the more likely you are to be introduced to someone who does more than just pot but pot does not make you want it you make that choice on you own.
I know a woman who was sentenced to 15 years in prison for being in possession of a single joint while a man I know was sentenced to only 7 years in prison for molesting children what does this say about our society where harming a child is less of an offense than getting high at home by yourself?
 quimica76
Msg: 220
Posted: 5/3/2009 12:43:48 AM
Hard to know how to bring this subject up in a meeting, let alone your profile! If you check the "uses drugs" box, that could mean you are anything from a heroin addict to a casual pot smoker. I am hesitant to put '420 friendly' because I don't want to hook up with some pothead who sits around all day smoking and not getting anything done. But someone who smokes before bed or on a casual basis is fine. I would far prefer someone who smokes pot to someone who drinks daily. Seems like alcohol abuse causes a lot more health and legal problems than marijuana!
 ron20yrslater
Msg: 221
Posted: 5/3/2009 3:49:28 AM
It's funny, my daughter is eighteen and recently received a misdemeanor possession charge. I couldn't bring myself to chastise her in any form. even though attorney fees are $7500 to try to keep it off her record, she is a genuinely a good person and that is all I ask of her. Our society is so tilted toward mob mentality, common sense need not apply! She doesn't drink alcohol, which our gov't relies on for revenue from taxes, likewise cigarettes, both of which cause more death/pain/anguish than marijuana ever will. She was crying and apologizing for being a disappointment.... we as a nation are so full of .... why must our elected officials "act" puritanical to get elected. When I was her age I smoked pot, I laughed, I ate, and I went to bed. Why must we pretend to be what we're not, that's what makes us a nation of neurotics! They will put a child on Ritalin for having too much energy, see the lobbyist for a pharmaceutical company peeking around the corner? Excuse me but children are supposed to have a lot of energy, that's what made them divert their eyes from TV and video games and actually go outside and play! (This is turning into a pitiful rant). What she is trying to be convicted of , or made to feel "guilty" of is the equivalent of the church's perspective on masturbation, ask a football stadium of pure testosterone driven men to raise their hand if they have "never" masturbated and 50,000 hands will go up, probably the hand that for some reason feels softer than the other. It's time for me to come back to earth, pot is fine when used in moderation, it makes people laugh, maybe over simple minded humor, but laughter is good. I look forward to retirement, since pot could cost me my job, and see myself fishing in the middle of a calm lake with my fishing pole in one hand and a bong in the other, lighten up people, just because you have prescription for your drug doesn't make you any better than my daughter! Now I'll hit post and this will vanish into oblivion if for no other reason than I type about fourteen words a minute!
 bluesunshine_33
Msg: 222
Posted: 5/3/2009 2:34:24 PM
It's a problem for me.... makes me puke, every time.... so I just say no!
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 223
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:01:43 AM
I don't like being high or stoned on anything

ron20yrslater
Msg: 224
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:02:19 AM
I have the same problem with those little weiners they put in barbecue sauce!
 Sorg85
Msg: 225
Posted: 5/4/2009 7:32:18 PM
I don't do it for personal reasons. I don't mind people smoking marijuana, just not around me.
Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Ok, how serious of a drug problem is marijuana???