Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 201
Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?Page 9 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
"to all the people who are going on about how they love their dog thats why it sleeps on your bed, your dog is a DOG it is not a human. I am not saying this to offend your loving relationship with 'snookums' your dog, I am pointing out that it is a totally different species which does not rationalise in the same way as a human does so why expect it to behave like a human???"

Trust me, there are many "humans" that do not rationalize the was a human does, and do not beahve like humans! My dog is far more civilized than these "animals" I have encountered and probably has about the same command of the English language, and he is cleaner than they are too, and not disease-ridddled and doesn't have fleas like some of these human examples. I would allow my dog into bed anyday before one of them.

What of the man that defacates on his girlfriend's stoop because he is high on drugs? What of the burglar that defacates on the floor before leaving the house as a calling card? Is this civilized, rational, clean behavior? And I am wondering, did they wipe themselves when they were done?. If you had to choose between either one these humans or East Side Eddie's dog, and you had to pick one, I am rather guessing you would choose to allow "Snookums" in the bed.
Granted, that is an extreme example, but not all dogs are dirty!
It is fine for everyone that doesn't want to share their beds with a dog or a cat, but don't judge those of us that do!
It might keep me out of some dating relationships, but my dog and I will never get a divorce! How many divorced people here?
 zanshin
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?
Posted: 8/12/2007 5:07:27 PM
I went through this with my ex wife, we had a****r spaniel. She brought it home and said if you don't want to keep him, just tell me and I'll take him back. So 365 days later I was still saying take him back and even eight years later we still had him. Anyway, he slept on the bed and on a queen size with a not so big wife, I needed him to sleep on her side, no room on my side. I have been divorced for 5 years now, I now have a German Shepherd and he has his own pillow on the floor (I read a book, it said, leave the dog in the room, just be sure he sleeps on the floor as a pup, or you'll have a 100 pound dog sleeping on half your bed.

So, if she has a big enough bed, fine, but if she sleeps with her dog on the bed, and now I'm there, one of us has to go. However, if its a big bed and there is no crowding us involved, what's the diff? I'm assuming in most cases, there simply isn't the room. In that case, I suspect one of us has be picked over the other. This would most likely cause some bad feelings, maybe with her, but most definitely with the dog. Now that situation is no fun but its of her making.

Its not my dog after all, so its up to her, as both host and owner to take care of the situation. If she doesn't, then maybe we sleep at my place, where my manners and my dog are better behaved. If she won't take care of it, if she doesn't have the good manners and respect for both the dog and myself, then that merely tells me something about her and I can then make a decision on whether or not I want to be a part of her life. Most likely, I won't.

So, still, I don't see this as a big deal.
:)
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 203
Posted: 8/12/2007 5:15:44 PM
msg 205...... a smelly flea infested dog would seem cool after people met your pets
( that snake your holding) ......... !
LOL

yikes
 robinzman
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2007 11:21:33 PM
To these folks who say that their dogs are like their children, do you sleep with your children? Do you have sex in front of your children? I love my family, but I do not sleep with them, nor do I let them watch while I have sex/make love with someone else.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 205
Posted: 8/13/2007 8:27:07 AM
WAY too literal robinzman. They are like children in that we take care of them as if they were children. Don't twist that innocent comment to make it something it isn't. The committment to a pet typically requires more than children because the kids can tell you where it hurts, when they want to go out and play, etc.... and it takes more patience with a dog than it does with kids. You can use denial of something the kid loves as a means of punishment if need be. You can't exactly deny a dog foor or water. And you need to punish a dog within 5 seconds of the wrongdoing or they have no connection as to why they are being punished.

As far as sleeping and having sex in front of the kids or a dog ... that's not even a sane remark.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 206
Posted: 8/13/2007 9:26:53 AM
Re: Message 207,
The snake is not mine, but I laughed at your comment,
Regarding smelly, and flea infested.... I overheard one of our jailers say this morning that they had a bunch of prisoners beome flea infested because of a smelly, flea infested person that was brought and apparently they just thought he was another filthy human and nobody had any idea that he had fleas.
Eddy,
I agree the phrase was taken too literally.. I call my dog a Momma's Boy, and so do a lot of the neighbors. I love and care for him better than many do their children, but some kids wind up wards of the county, and some dogs wind up in shelters. Yet I also call him Knucklehead, Idiot, and Big Dummy, and I would never do that to my child, despite the inflection of my voice.
Somehow, when I am leaving, instead of saying to him, "Your owner is leaving now, Riley," I say, "Mommy's got to go." When he hears those words, he understands that means he has to stay and he goes and lays down.
 bowtiebandit
Msg: 207
Posted: 8/13/2007 9:35:32 AM
i think having a dog in the bedroom sounds alittle kooky! as far as protection goes, id rather use my glock. if the criminals break my door down, i have a clip full of friends that can run faster than them. im not a dogaphobe, i just think theres boundarys that should be set when naughty time is in effect. i know id have trouble sporting wood if i saw some furry mug looking at me. besides, these little moments alone that we take for granted allows us time as couples to focus on ourselves. i think if you introduce something distracting in a moment of privacy youre just ruining it for the both of you. love is a beautiful thing, put the dog out and enjoy youre evening.
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 208
Posted: 8/13/2007 9:54:23 AM
bowtiebandit,
I have both a big dog and a Glock, so I guess I am well-protected. Getting involved with someone would be a major transition, but since that does not apply at all to me right now, the dog stays with me.
If the dog does not keep the intruder at bay, then I guess the Glock would.
 bowtiebandit
Msg: 209
Posted: 8/13/2007 10:03:39 AM
geeze thats a big snake! is it a anaconda?
 rorythegeordie
Msg: 210
Posted: 8/13/2007 11:13:49 AM

as far as protection goes, id rather use my glock

...and those of us living in countries where they don't allow John Q. Public to own firearms? I'd find someone who slept with a gun to hand a damn site more disturbing than a dog on the bed. Especially someone who who uses phrases such as
if the criminals break my door down, i have a clip full of friends that can run faster than them
 kbr61
Msg: 211
Posted: 8/13/2007 12:14:25 PM
"To-each-their-own", as always.....however.....
I hav a dog & 6 cats. NUN of them r allowed on the counters 'lest they be
SQUIRTED -- a lot!, nor on the BED, when in a romatic mood.
I hav enjoyed pets in the home all my life. I hav had dogs who slept with me thru the
years, but usually, they get too warm & get out of the bed. The others were just too
big fer that. I love when the cats curl up against my head & purr-- that's cool!
BUT..... there is a time & place for everything they say. Also, one should do their best
to respect & accomodate their "sig. o's" position on this, or any other issue. It's about equitable courtesies. ('')

J.O.H.O. (just one humble opinion)
 francisco37388
Msg: 212
Posted: 8/13/2007 7:17:01 PM
Here's my 2 cents worth:

Love me, Love my dog.

'Nuf Said!

Keithslegacy
Msg: 213
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2007 7:35:41 PM
I think they just really like Dogs.

I mean, a Dog will give you the unconditional kind of love and devotion that people Rarely do.
 njsinglemom
Msg: 214
Posted: 8/13/2007 8:42:24 PM
Great post! Your pet should not be a part of your bedroom fun, just as your kids should not be around or in your bedroom when you're having adult fun. They get enough of your time usually if you have a decent parenting schedule, if you want your adult time, the pets have to be roomed away, crated or carriered, whatever you do with cats! When you're dating for fun or the start of a relationship and you're getting intimate, kids, pets...all should be taken care of, babysat, whatever the term is! When you have that relationship established, your g.f or b.f would hopefully have made a relationship with the pet and with your kids...and as long as they're a permanent part of your life...you all can live under one roof...well that's the theroy right?..lol!
 softandcuddly67
Msg: 215
Posted: 8/13/2007 9:13:15 PM
My new bf is spending this coming weekend with me, but THIS time, he's bringing his golden retriever with him. He lives about 60 miles from me and is worried about him being alone all weekend. It's fine with me and the dog doesn't sleep with him, but he'll be sleeping on the floor by the bed this weekend. I had a former bf who had a golden also. The dog instintively knew when we were 'doing the deed' and would start sniffing around the bed and trying to get in bed with us. I hope this one doesn't do the same thing!
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 216
Posted: 8/13/2007 9:20:45 PM
BTW, for anyone who cares, a clip is something one puts in their hair or on a piece of paper. The thing in the gun with bullets is called a magazine.
I gave my dog a flea treatment to day and a good brushing for his shedding, and fortunately he doesn't drool unless he is really parched (doggie sweat).
Right now, I am content to sleep with my dog. I would not expect any other man to want to have relations here with a dog smacking him in the butt, licking his feet, or watching intently as we kissed. But if a man could perform under those conditions, just imagine???
Most people that are dog-friendly like my dog, and they smile and are not afraid of him. But to take that to the next level is more complicated.
Then again, I do not entertain men in my home. However, I also have a curfew because I have to get home to the dog.
Perhaps I created this shelter for unconscious reasons, but it is what it is, and the dog stays.
 waiting for mr right
Msg: 217
Posted: 8/13/2007 10:28:25 PM
i care for my 2 dogs, they get fed, walked, vet visits, washed, trained in obedience, they have clothing if their hot or cold..endless amounts of dog toys and unconditional pet/owner company...
saying that THEY ARE ONLY DOGS !!!! i am their pack leader, they dont run my house, they come inside when invited in by me. Some people think that dogs are human, they may have similar personalities that is because it is the trait they have learned from us treating them as thus... My dogs protect me and the home, yet they are content with their lives...
dogs dont think about the past they live for the moment 'what i can do to get what i want' kind of attitude, and allowing the dogs to run the house doing as they wish, you are allowing them to be the pack leader and you the subsurdient follower...if you watch 'THE DOG WHISPERER' you will see in such cases where Ceaser says" the dog is the pack leader because....and you have to train yourself before you can correct your dogs attitude..."
i also own 2 cats...my oldest is 16 with severe athritis, and the youngest is 8 months and she is missing a leg from past abusive owners...they dont come inside at all...they have a large catrium with a sleeping/play/feeding and toilet area. they are 2 of the happiest cats i have ever seen and my furniture thanks me for it..... my cats are never starved for food nor company and they always have vet checks where needed...
Bottom line is ..........DO YOU OWN YOUR PET OR DOES YOUR PET OWN YOU?...........
 rorythegeordie
Msg: 218
Posted: 8/14/2007 8:51:56 AM
^^^I own my cats rather than the other way around, thanks.
However, you need to realise that not everyone is the same in how they regard their cats & how much of a pet/companion they want them to be. To be blunt, you're also bloody lucky to have the space to devote to a "large catrium" - I live in a small flat on a council estate where there's a small area of grass out the front of the block (it holds 6 flats over 2 storeys & I'm on the ground floor to give you an idea of size) & a bin shed out the back. My cats don't wreck my furniture, have the full run of my home (as they have always had) & are also
2 of the happiest cats i have ever seen

They like their home comforts & one of them doesn't bother to go out if it's windy - so what? You can't judge everyone else by your own standards so there's really no need to get about it
 barra56
Msg: 219
Posted: 8/14/2007 9:07:22 AM
Puts a whole new meaning to the words "Wet Nose",,,, knowing how dogs sniff out their others when they meet ,,, LOL.. just imagine ,, 1/2 way through the deed and one feels a "Wet Nose" from behind .!!!!!
 NocturnalPrincess
Msg: 220
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:56:40 AM
That actually did happen. LOL
In the middle of the deed there was a cold nose in the butt and then Riley smacked his butt with his large paw. Let's just say the moment was over.
 boozehag001
Msg: 221
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:04:03 AM

Granted, that is an extreme example, but not all dogs are dirty!

if you had read what I posted you would have seen that I never once implied my opinion had anything to do with whether the dog is dirty or not

any qualified animal behaviour expert will confirm what I am saying. Dogs are pack animals and you are trying to treat yours like a human being - check out a dictionary of anatomy or kingdon of species or something - a dog is a dog, its not a human.
 boozehag001
Msg: 222
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 5:08:47 AM

i care for my 2 dogs, they get fed, walked, vet visits, washed, trained in obedience, they have clothing if their hot or cold..endless amounts of dog toys and unconditional pet/owner company...
saying that THEY ARE ONLY DOGS !!!! i am their pack leader, they dont run my house, they come inside when invited in by me. Some people think that dogs are human, they may have similar personalities that is because it is the trait they have learned from us treating them as thus... My dogs protect me and the home, yet they are content with their lives...
dogs dont think about the past they live for the moment 'what i can do to get what i want' kind of attitude, and allowing the dogs to run the house doing as they wish, you are allowing them to be the pack leader and you the subsurdient follower...if you watch 'THE DOG WHISPERER' you will see in such cases where Ceaser says" the dog is the pack leader because....and you have to train yourself before you can correct your dogs attitude..."
i also own 2 cats...my oldest is 16 with severe athritis, and the youngest is 8 months and she is missing a leg from past abusive owners...they dont come inside at all...they have a large catrium with a sleeping/play/feeding and toilet area. they are 2 of the happiest cats i have ever seen and my furniture thanks me for it..... my cats are never starved for food nor company and they always have vet checks where needed...
Bottom line is ..........DO YOU OWN YOUR PET OR DOES YOUR PET OWN YOU?...........

the problem with dog owners is the same with computer operators

both decide to get a dog/computer with NO IDEA at all how it works, and take no time at all to bother educating themselves - then run into problems

which are usually the stupid computer or the naughty dog (thats been undiscliplined all of its life then suddenly becomes a naughty dog when the cutsy puppy chewing becomes destruction)

all these people here wanking on about how much they love their dog but its obvious from their comments that they know nothing about dogs - if they love dogs so much how come they cant even bother to read just ONE recommended dog education book???
 lstar999
Msg: 223
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:45:30 AM
I've heard it said:

Husbands come and go.......but dogs are forever.....lol
 Sugar*Daddie
Msg: 224
Posted: 8/15/2007 10:47:55 AM

Husbands come and go.......but dogs are forever.....lol

really? I thought their usual lifespan was about 15 years, maybe 20 tops.

(105-140 in 'doggie years' if you must..)
 walker1960
Msg: 225
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 12:52:30 PM
My black lab slept on the foot of the bed until she got to where she couldn't jump up there any more. Then she still slept right next to the bed. She was 16 when I finally had to let her go to doggie heaven, and I had her with me since she was a puppy of about 9 months old. She was with me both before and after my wife...Does anybody have to ask who I miss the most these days?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Whats with women that invite their dogs into the bedroom to sleep?