Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 truckin01
Msg: 76
guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Never change for anyone except yourself. So if a woman dosen't like what I am listening to, she can put in some damn earplugs. Far as being the best band, I don't think there is any that could top Alice In Chains, sad thing that Layne Staley died.
 Orionican
Msg: 77
guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?
Posted: 6/26/2008 2:22:04 AM
Nothing wrong with heavy metal music. Love some of it myself :) I´m a person who listens to all kinds of music - it all depends on the mood. The music you like should not even be an issue when you meet someone. And if it´s too hard for your partner to handle, why not use ear-phones..?
 neverhere
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 4:13:09 AM
In the past, I have felt much the same way as you. I also tend to think that most of the women who will reply to this thread will have an interest in metal. If they have the interest, the thread catches their interest. Q.E.D.
But, the good news is that I have noticed more and more women listening to hard rock and heavy metal lately. It seems to have gained a rise in popularity due to video games such as Guitar Hero, and Rock Band.
Maybe it's just a coincidence. Or maybe it did have something to do with the games.
Either way, I'm happy to see the popularity rise. I was afraid that hip hop/rap was going to continue to be THE thing.

Ironically, to me anyway, is the fact that there hasn't been much 'fresh' sound in rock music lately. But it's gaining popularity. And the hip hop/rap music has been getting better in my opinion, while losing some of the ground it's held.
Maybe my tastes in music just suck? lol
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:16:53 AM
Psh! Convert them. They're better that way anyway. I took a country girl and turned her onto Danzig, dragged her out to Dimmu Borgir shows, and all kinds of things. Totally opened her mind.

Most real "metal chicks" are manly and scary looking anyway. Lots of tattoos, band t-shirts, baggy pants. Bah!

The cute little hot ones are usually the mall metal fans you see shopping at Hot Topic. While I like my women attractive, I'd rather listen to Moonspell over Linkin Park anyday. And perhaps I'm more persnickety than I should be when it comes to my metal.
 ml456
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:22:44 AM
I don't like heavy metal or country. But I wouldn't reject a man simply based on what he listens to. I could have many other things in common with him besides music tastes. However music snobbiness is a turn off. There is no need to someone down based on what they listen to do.
 wolfy35
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:47:43 AM
Well that all really depends on what you mean by "Heavy Metal".People who dont usually listen to that type of music tend to think of it all as one genre but its not.

The two largest types are Metal and Thrash Metal. I personally listen to Metal, Artists such as Iron Maiden, Alice Cooper and Aerosmith and in general this type of artist is accepted as almost mainstream.

Thrash however is a whole different ballgame Anthrax and Megadeth are the most well known and it a much louder and edgier type of music.

It is however important to remember that the type of music someone chooses to listen to says nothing about the person inside so it would be wrong to use music as a deciding factor when deciding if you should date someone.
 oldsoul
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/26/2008 10:07:21 AM
Far as being the best band, I don't think there is any that could top Alice In Chains, sad thing that Layne Staley died.

Ahhh...a man after my own heart.

But only if you agree that Pink Floyd is in a class all of it's own and thus cannot compete with them for first place...K?

Love LOVE Alice in Chains, and for me they're still "new" as I only discovered them a few years ago, long after their lead singer had already passed away:(

*oldrockersoul*

Pandora04
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2008 10:18:24 AM
I personally have a hard time dating a guy that doesn't like rock or metal, or at least will give something a chance.....
I think it shows intelligence that a person like more than just 1 venue of music...as for these bubble-gum girls that say they won't date you unless you only listen to Britney or whatever...it scares me that ppl with this little intelligence level live in the same world as me & mine...they aren't worth wasting your time...
 celts123
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/26/2008 10:51:30 AM
But I wouldn't reject a man simply based on what he listens to. I could have many other things in common with him besides music tastes.

It is however important to remember that the type of music someone chooses to listen to says nothing about the person inside so it would be wrong to use music as a deciding factor when deciding if you should date someone.

I completely agree with these statements. Dating someone who listens to the same music is a plus. Not a requirement. I have dated women who like different types of music than I do. It simply meant that we wouldn't go to some concerts or clubs together. Whenever we were listening to music in the same room, we compromised or one person used head phones.
 godliketoaster
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 7:32:37 PM
After reading this I thought about what women consider metal?

I listen to stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Chimera, Behemoth, Arch Enemy and others.

Is that too heavy for a lot of you who appreciate metal? Or is it not heavy enough for you?
 NoMexShrek
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:04:05 PM
My normal CD rotation (I am I-thingie less) and the seek list on my satellite radio:

Metallica (old)
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Pink Floyd
Moody Blues
Cream/Old Clapton
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Pantera
White Zombie

Most of the white women my age here like "romantic/chick country" or hip-hop/rap/dance (I can't really discern between the 3 at times) or Britney/PopPrincess of the month. 80's pop is about the only pop I can stomach, and I revel in its awesome cheesiness.

The latina girls like dance music and tejano for the most part. I can only stomach limited amounts of it all, and hate it when the bars are cranking it to 11 and I can't hear the person next to me.

For the most part I am a metal head. What's better is I wear concert T-shirts to work most days, and most are none the wiser!

But, most women here have the same reaction when they hear what I like.
 TheLimey
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:05:10 PM
I can't believe the OP classified Poison as heavy metal! LMFAO!
 ils99
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:33:44 PM
In regards to what you suggested about what girls in general like thesedays, I have to disagree. To my ears, there's really nothing worse than hip hop, rap and techno. I just can't stand it. I'd say I'd give a guy a chance as long as he is open to most genres of music, including classical because that's my main interest music-wise.
At one stage I used to love rock and could tolerate some heavy metal. Now I'm into jazz, classical and good old 80s and 90s pop. Tastes and preferences change with time, thats reasonable. Personally I'd consider it, and if our personalities and other interests were same/similar then I'd give it a shot.
 janetlynne
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/8/2008 8:37:59 PM
as long as I don't have to listen to it, it doesn't matter to me what kind of music he likes. I won't make anyone listen to bach or vivaldi if they don't make me listen to heavy metal.
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/9/2008 2:53:42 PM
lol I should make a post like this but asking about DeathMetal. That would be even funnier lol

How about Cannibal Corpse? Or Bruheria, you know the band with the cop on the cover holding a real head torn from a body at a serial killer's crime scene. Or maybe some Deicide?
 .all.
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/9/2008 3:03:15 PM
as long as they let me listen to my country once and a while haha
 Uncle Fist
Msg: 92
Posted: 7/9/2008 7:48:00 PM

Or Bruheria, you know the band with the cop on the cover holding a real head torn from a body at a serial killer's crime scene.

That turned out to be bogus. The Mexican police apparently investigated that album cover.
 JasonGrimm
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/10/2008 11:17:02 PM
Bah, gha doesn't surprise me. It seems like so many stories people thought were to be true, years ago, are now proven to be fake. I just saw the "Alien Autopsy" movie which was about the original 1947 Alien Autopsy people thought was the only real Alien video. Which was waked, which is actually what the movie is about. Those guys made a TON of movie and also opened up doors to make other movies. It's incredible how some people can go from being broke to having hundreds of thousands of dollars. so fast!
 octoberromancee
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/11/2008 9:16:40 AM
nothing wrong with it.
i cant date a guy who doesnt.
heavy metal is my favorite choice :]
 nick426
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/17/2008 10:13:53 AM
i believe im VERY dateable, and i listen to nothing but metal, now i don't think girls should judge a guy purly on music, but if they do, they don't want the country guy, i guarntee that. they'd have more fun with a rocker ;)
 MissBehaving
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/17/2008 12:51:03 PM
I would accept any music taste part from 1)country b)hiphop & rnb (ok rnb is accepted if it happens once in a lifetime ha ha) 3) just listens to classical music or jazz and blues (gets boring...).
 Rosemary24
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:38:52 PM
Utterly, utterly, utterly dateable!!! (Well, to me anyway) But I still reserve the right to listen to Blackmore's Night, or Gaelic folk tunes.)

Especially with a long mane...sigh
 _Icon_
Msg: 98
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:42:07 PM
When I get tired of heavy metal I listen to something soft like Iron Maiden.
 Falling Ember
Msg: 99
Posted: 7/17/2008 3:59:29 PM
I'm not at all into heavy metal, but I don't see what a guy listens to as being a deal breaker issue. So long as he's not playing it at full volume when I'm trying to sleep, then it's not a problem. To be honest, I never ask what a guy listens to. I don't care.

I listen to music constantly, and it's always shifting. Last month it was downtempo, this month it's baroque.

The only thing that would annoy me is if he's one of those musical elitists I can't stand. They'll go on and on about how this artist is a cop out, and that artist is a genius and blah blah blah. Who cares? It's music: it's supposed to be enjoyed. Can I strip down a piece of music into its basic elements? Sure. Can I compose music? Sure. Do I feel the need to droll on and on about artists? No. It's boring. I don't like elitists on any topic.
 Det Morke Solskinn
Msg: 100
Posted: 7/17/2008 7:23:36 PM
I refuse to date any man who DOESN'T listen to metal. In fact, it's already in my profile. If a man willingly listens to rap or hiphop, he is automatically stricken from my list of potential mates.

I find that men who listen to pop / country / rap / hiphop (or NO music) have the exact opposite characteristics of the ones I find attractive. (As well, metalheads have considerable style, as opposed to 'gangstas' who wear their pants around their knees...)

Metalheads are often the most polite, considerate, intelligent, affectionate (not to mention passionate) men you could ever want to meet. I'm glad most women don't like them. All the more for me to choose from :)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > guys that listen to heavy metal: are they dateable?