Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex with minors I think this is unacceptable      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Venari
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Sex with minorsPage 14 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
that was such a run on sentance. Oddly enough, i ran out of breath just mentally reading that post. Don't ask me how or why, i did :(
 ArtistMe
Msg: 327
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:12:57 AM

Tossedsalad you make a lot of sense and I agree. Its usually the people that are supposedly so adamant against pedofilia that are the peds ,like the hardline right wing politicians, the priests, the bible belt for much of early Americana, certain Utah sects etc. Yet someone in this thread blamed the 'liberals' lmao go figure. Its always the liberals fault , as if these people even know the dictionary definition of the word.

OMG, unbelievable!!! Please tell me, where in this thread were "the liberals" blamed for anything? Now, I remember a comment being made about a liberal COURT SYSTEM ... but I fail to see ANYWHERE where the liberals were blamed for anything. Reading comprehension is a WONDERFUL thing! Practice it sometime.

As for the rest of what you wrote here ... it's ridiculousness speaks for itself! If that asinine statement held water (which it doesn't) then, that would mean that all the democrats so staunchly opposing the war were in fact, closet warmongers -AND- those so staunchly opposing illegal immigration actually, secretly condone it. You are just trying to pick a fight and a foolish one at that! Save the politics for your anti-Bush rallies ... this is a dating site and political B.S. like what you are trying to spew here has no place in this forum! This thread is about dating/having sex with minors ... NOT politics.
 vinny low
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/22/2007 3:44:36 PM
ok what if shes 17 and he is 19? he is legally an adult therefore he is a bonified child molester by dating her correct?
 ArtistMe
Msg: 329
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/22/2007 4:57:59 PM
Actually, NO ... that does NOT constitute molestation. Just as other have brought to light here, the age of consent almost everywhere is 16 or 17. Also, in my opinion, such a close age difference should be over-looked. What I would have an issue with is someone say, who is obviously way too old to be fooling around with a 16 year old child or younger.(i.e. a 30 year-old man trying to have sex with ANY child under the age of 18). The issue with molestation is adult men AND women exploiting minor children who are nowhere near mature enough to understand or deal with the implications of having sex with such an obviously older AND much more mature person.
 Dpin
Msg: 330
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:09:57 PM
I Honestly think the HUGE question here should be: What does a 25 year old man want w/ a 17 yr. old? You're talking *seriuos* issues here people.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 331
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:22:41 PM

I Honestly think the HUGE question here should be: What does a 25 year old man want w/ a 17 yr. old? You're talking *seriuos* issues here people.

I agree! I don't see a 2-4 year age difference as too much of an issue but when the difference is any greater, I would have an issue with it. BTW, I have a 17 year-old daughter and anyone older than 19 trying to see her had best write a will.
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 332
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:30:20 PM
You might as well shoot yourself, as to have sex with a minor. Either way, your life will be over.
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 333
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/22/2007 5:31:02 PM
very Correct, legally speaking.
 vinny low
Msg: 334
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 7:09:08 AM
thing is every one keeps saying an adult is an adult and a child is a child plain simple cut dry black and white, assuming that every one is at the same stage at the same age, that being the case why is it ok to overlook 2 years difference? one is an adult the other is apparently an innocent little angel with pig tails i mean where do you draw the line? who decides what age difference is appropriate? why is it any worse for a guy to date a 17 year old girl if the guy is 25 than if hes 19 or 20? 19,20,25 are all adults. as for the "what does a 25 year old want with a 17 year old?" quote...here is a scarier question....what does a 17 year old want with a 17 year old? their intentions are just as bad....people keep making these maturity comments...well my question is if 17 is a child why would a parent let him or her date at all? if she isnt mature enough to date some 1 whos 25 she shouldnt be dating any 1 why do parents allow "children" to date? i assure you the 17 year old guy wants to bend her over the park bench just as bad....i say if you are old enough to date you are old enough to date any 1 and if you are a child you shouoldnt be allowed to date...i mean no 1 ever catches up age wise a 35 year old should be more mature than a 27 year old yet its ok for them to date.
 mahtax
Msg: 335
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 10:28:35 AM
My parents have a few years difference and they married young. It's funny to think that my father would have had to go in prison if they had happened to live in the states.

They've been married for over 20 years now. It's why I'm not as quick to judge others for this kind of thing.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 336
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 2:00:58 PM
IMO, if something like this happened when the younger party was at least over 18. then I really wouldn't have an issue with it. Psychologically speaking, most kids under the age of 18 cannot responsibly deal with the emotional implications of having sex with adults much older than themselves. Whereas the adult only sees it as "fun" they will likely move-on to someone else, the teens tend to mistake this casual sex for "true love" which causes severe and sometimes catastrophic emotional issues when the adult "moves-on". The question I am forced to ask in a situation like this is: Why would a 30+ year old man (or woman) seek-out a sexual relationship with a child at least one generation behind them??? What is wrong with dating women their own (or a least CLOSER TO) their own age? Also, how could they possibly relate to each-other being at least one generation apart?

The bottom line is: adults having sex with minor children IS ILLEGAL and it is illegal for a reason! Honestly, I am AMAZED and extremely ALARMED at the number of people complaining about and debating this law here. My advice to them would be to GROW-UP, be THE ADULT and leave our children alone!!! Therapy may not be a bad idea either.
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 337
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 3:34:30 PM
Now Vinny Low , thats a good question, what if the guy is 19 or 20? not much of a age difference you're right, or 18 and a 17 year because both are in high school, you could argue that the guy is a adult but realistically at that age they are not as mature, so you kind of got me there.

For the poster who said their parents married young , you have to remember they were part of a different generation ,We also tend to have a rather idyllic vision of how marriages used to go.
The truth is that not everyone ended up blissfully happy after 30 years of marriage. There was a lot of misery swept under the rug because there were no other choices. The reality is that people grow and mature differently, and just because you were in sync 20 years ago, it doesn't mean you will still be today. It's no one's fault: life happens, experiences happen.
 vinny low
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 4:17:57 PM
but people seem to think you just wake up on your 18th birthday and are magically ready for anything....every 1 brings up maturity and experience, there are 17 year olds who have way more dating experience than some 25 year olds and they in fact could be the advantage takers.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 339
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 5:33:07 PM

but people seem to think you just wake up on your 18th birthday and are magically ready for anything....every 1 brings up maturity and experience, there are 17 year olds who have way more dating experience than some 25 year olds and they in fact could be the advantage takers.

I have ONE question for you: WHY are you arguing this topic so vigorously? Why can't you just accept the fact that adults having sex with minors is illegal? Are you considering having or are you having sex/a relationship with a minor? Hmmmm ...

It ILLEGAL ... get over it!
 vinny low
Msg: 340
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 9:51:20 PM
no i'm not but the reason i take slight offense to some of the things people are saying is people are saying if a guy who is 25 is not more experienced and worldly than a 17 year old that he is a loser which makes me angry because i am 26 and i have never dated which to me means i am being called a loser too. If a guy has no experience he doesnt have the tools to handle dating some one his own age any more than a 17 year old does...bahh im f uckin mentally exhausted saying the same s hit over and over.
 SlimDuce
Msg: 341
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/24/2007 10:17:08 PM
I once knew a guy that took off in the middle of night telling not a soul. Drove 1200 miles to pick up a 17 year old girl he meet on the internet and carried her across several state lines to bring her to his house. Of course her parents found out the hard way that she was gone, cant imagine what that would feel like. Anyways, he did it cause she told him that her parents were abusing her and she feared for her life. You want to know the crazy part? Her parents let her stay here with the family of her new boyfriend whom she meet while she was here. That boyfriend wasnt the guy that picked her up, and amazingly he did not spend a single night in jail. Turns out her parents were real pieces of shit after all. Sometimes things work out the way you least expect them.
 lie to me
Msg: 342
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 12:37:30 AM
Vinny, here in this country, once you've reached a certain age, you are considered an adult - for all intents and purposes. No one is saying you actually ARE an adult - that's your own individual issue - but LEGALLY you are. That's all that's of concern. A 25 year old individual knows the law. The law states 'stay the feck away from minors'. It's very simple. It does not matter how inmature you are, or how mature the minor is. Plain and simple, cut and dried. Leave the minors the feck alone.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 343
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 2:20:53 AM

Vinny, here in this country, once you've reached a certain age, you are considered an adult - for all intents and purposes. No one is saying you actually ARE an adult - that's your own individual issue - but LEGALLY you are. That's all that's of concern. A 25 year old individual knows the law. The law states 'stay the feck away from minors'. It's very simple. It does not matter how inmature you are, or how mature the minor is. Plain and simple, cut and dried. Leave the minors the feck alone.

I couldn't have said it any better myself ... I just wonder if it was FINALLY understood.
 McAwesome
Msg: 344
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 3:23:15 AM
It sounds like there are two different arguments being made, the psychological/philosophical side, and the legal side.

Certainly, by law, stay away from minors unless there is a two year age gap maximum.

Psychologically...heh, good friggin' luck trying to figure out who's ready. I've known people into their early 20's who weren't mature enough to have sex. Developmentally, there is still a lot going on between the ages of seventeen through twenty...regardless of the age of the person you're sleeping with, the same thoughts and feelings are going through the head of the younger party. Maybe they're mature enough to handle it, maybe they aren't.

Bottom line though, law trumps psychology. And that's for a damn good reason...it's to protect those who CAN'T handle it. Certainly, as a society, we have to have a legal point where a person becomes responsible for themselves, and that magic number is 18. It's at this point where, even though they may still be children, we have to allow them to make their own choices. Before that, and we can hold another party responsible for their actions. There is no grey area.
 taal
Msg: 345
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 10:12:19 AM
Artistme - and everybody else arguing so vigorously that law is the line - you need to clue in that not every country places that age at 18. In Canada, it's 14, in many of the states, it's 16, and it's also around there in many countries around the world. So before you keep trying to state that the law is the law, know what they are.
And personally, I'm amazed at the number of people who think the 17 year old must be being taken advantage of. Really - it's shocking that so many people are willing to take away the rights of an individual - and apparently commit violent crimes, as well.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 346
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 11:35:21 AM

everybody else arguing so vigorously that law is the line - you need to clue in that not every country places that age at 18. In Canada, it's 14, in many of the states, it's 16, and it's also around there in many countries around the world. So before you keep trying to state that the law is the law, know what they are.
And personally, I'm amazed at the number of people who think the 17 year old must be being taken advantage of. Really - it's shocking that so many people are willing to take away the rights of an individual - and apparently commit violent crimes, as well.

Well, if that is how you feel about it then YOU go ahead and go out with him. I see that you are BOTH from Canada and that is fine ... but let him come to the U.S. and date a 14 year-old and not only will he end-up doing 5-10 in one of our wonderful prisons, he will also be repeatedly gang-raped there as that is what they do to child molesters in OUR country.

Keep it in Canada!!!
 Arugula
Msg: 347
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 2:19:41 PM
Sorry Taal. The issue isn't "only" the age that a person can legally consent to have sex. The issue is the age that a person is considered an adult, no longer a minor, and no longer subject to their parent's guardianship....the age when parents are no longer "legally" responsible for the person.

In your province, the age is indeed 18. In many other provinces, it is 19. And if you don't think that a responsible parent would use every facet of the law to keep a 25 year old sexual predator away from their 17 year old child (and YES, even in Canada...he/she is still a child), then you're sadly mistaken.

As a legally responsible parent, informing the school of the unwanted attention of a 25 year old sexual predator would ensure that the police would be informed should he attempt to contact her at school. A quick visit to the police could get said responsible parents a restraining order to keep the 25 year old sexual predator away from your 17 year old child. You see, you might be able to consent legally to sex at 17, but you are still a ways from being legally emancipated.
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 348
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 2:59:41 PM

it's shocking that so many people are willing to take away the rights of an individual - and apparently commit violent crimes, as well.

That's just the way things are done in the USA

I see that you are BOTH from Canada and that is fine ... but let him come to the U.S. and date a 14 year-old and not only will he end-up doing 5-10 in one of our wonderful prisons, he will also be repeatedly gang-raped there as that is what they do to child molesters in OUR country.

And thanks for backing up what I just said above

You know ArtistMe you make it sound like Canada is a haven for child molesters or something, not the case at all sir...BUT...unlike you guys were not going to string a 17 year old guy up by the balls and label him a sex offender for life just for getting some head from his 15 year old girlfriend. I'd like to think that our age of consent laws were designed with things of that nature in mind...and trust me if a 35 year old man gets caught shagging a 15 year old he IS in some serious trouble.
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 349
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 3:04:51 PM
Arugula you do know don't you that in all Canadian province a child can leave home and tell you to go blow the day they turn 16.
 taal
Msg: 350
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/25/2007 3:53:24 PM

Sorry Taal. The issue isn't "only" the age that a person can legally consent to have sex. The issue is the age that a person is considered an adult, no longer a minor, and no longer subject to their parent's guardianship....the age when parents are no longer "legally" responsible for the person.

In your province, the age is indeed 18. In many other provinces, it is 19. And if you don't think that a responsible parent would use every facet of the law to keep a 25 year old sexual predator away from their 17 year old child (and YES, even in Canada...he/she is still a child), then you're sadly mistaken.

As a legally responsible parent, informing the school of the unwanted attention of a 25 year old sexual predator would ensure that the police would be informed should he attempt to contact her at school. A quick visit to the police could get said responsible parents a restraining order to keep the 25 year old sexual predator away from your 17 year old child. You see, you might be able to consent legally to sex at 17, but you are still a ways from being legally emancipated.

Actually, his issue was very specifically the law. And if you're going to stick firmly by the law, things change from place to place, and that's just the way it is.
And it can be difficult to get a restraining order to stick if the 16 year old doesn't agree to it.
And frankly, any 16 year old in Canada can leave home and there isn't a damn thing their parents can do about it.

As for artistme, well yay for the USA. Although in some states 16 is the legal age of consent. So go ahead and be proud, I really don't have a problem with that - but if YOU have a problem with LEGALLY sleeping with a minor, then YOU don't do it. If it's illegal in your state then it's illegal, and the couples there will just have to deal with it.

And yeah, standard... it really does disgust me that so many people are against consensual sex between two people, but are willing to beat a guy senseless. I wonder what the daughter' s punishment is.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex with minors I think this is unacceptable