Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex with minors I think this is unacceptable      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantyguy43
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Sex with minorsPage 17 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)

People close their minds when it comes to this whole "Age of Consent" thing. I don't see a problem with it if the younger party wants it.

I think I'm in your camp here. Some girls want an older guy. Girls mature faster than guys, and a girl may not be interested in guys her own age. Besides, if there is mutual consent (and the guy is not "hitting" on young girls as a predator, but he has simply met someone he likes), then I think they should be free to have sex if they want it.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 402
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 8:51:51 AM

Besides, if there is mutual consent (and the guy is not "hitting" on young girls as a predator, but he has simply met someone he likes), then I think they should be free to have sex if they want it.

If "the guy" is hitting on a minor child HE IS engaging in predatory behavior!!! It makes no difference whatsoever if the minor consents to it or not ... it is STILL sexual predation and no matter how you twist it around, sugar-coat it or try to justify it, it is VERY ILLEGAL, sick and perverted! ANY adult male who is attracted to and wishes a relationship with a minor child is a twisted pervert in my book and belongs in a prison cell! In this thread I have seen every argument that can be presented here and NONE OF THEM hold water ... NOT ONE!
 taal
Msg: 403
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 8:52:13 AM

Is this a trick question??? How could I possibly offer an educated answer ... I know absolutely nothing about you!

aannnd he gets it.
You know nothing about me. And yet you have the gall to call me a victim? Not only me, but thousands of girls around the globe? You don't know anything about their situations or the people they are, and yet you can automatically pass judgment on all of them? They're all victims of sexual predators, and are incapable of making a mature decision about their own sex lives? And even if it does negatively affect them in some way, I believe it's every teenager's right to make their own mistakes.
and oh, I tried to be polite, but this is ridiculous. IT IS NOT ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE. THE AGE OF SEXUAL CONSENT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN SEVERAL PLACES AROUND THE WORLD. So seriously, give up on that argument, because shockingly, Texas laws do not define the world.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 404
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:04:07 AM
And even if it does negatively affect them in some way, I believe it's every teenager's right to make their own mistakes.

When you have children someday and your 16 year old daughter comes home pregnant and the father is 25 years old or catches a venereal disease from a man as old, you will be singing a different tune!

and oh, I tried to be polite, but this is ridiculous.So seriously, give up on that argument

No you didn't and you are right ... this IS ridiculous! Sexual predation is sexual predation no matter how you try to disguise it. I suspect that you just don't want to admit that your promiscuity was wrong or that YOU were wrong ... self-justification for illegal/immoral behavior. BTW, the actions of a rebellious teen! And NO ... I will absolutely NEVER give-up on this argument because I honestly care for the safety and well-being of our children and I HAVE THE LAW ON MY SIDE!!!

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE. THE AGE OF SEXUAL CONSENT IS DIFFERENT FROM THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN SEVERAL PLACES AROUND THE WORLD. So seriously, give up on that argument, because shockingly, Texas laws do not define the world.

So let me get this straight ... YOU think we should trash all our sexual predation laws and ALLOW adult men to have sex with minor children??? Bwahahahahaha ... don't hold your breath!
 ArtistMe
Msg: 405
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:14:31 AM
Taal, you have admitted that you have had sex with older men and I am sure, before you turned 18. What did your parents think of this??? BTW, in the U.S., a parent who ALLOWS a teen (16) to date or have sex with a 25+ year old man can be arrested and charged with endangering a child!
 Xidra
Msg: 406
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:21:04 AM

As for saying if they bleed they can breed .. some 12-13 year olds can bleed.. does that mean it's ok for them to start breeding ?

actually.. not too long ago not only was it accepted but it was the norm. Of course people had life spans of 40 years but fact remains.

What is acceptable changes with time and will likely change more.

Although I think it odd that its accepted for a 20 year old to have sex with a 50 year old yet a 17 and a 24 is bad...

Not a prob for me, i prefer the older women anyways.
 ~ Lainey ~
Msg: 407
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:58:39 AM
Thank you Standard-and-Poor

~ Lainey ~
xxxx
 corine1979
Msg: 408
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 10:00:05 AM
I think we should even go there, it's wrong, let the 17 year old date guys her age and let her grow up at the least
 ItsMargo
Msg: 409
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 10:11:26 AM

BTW, in the U.S., a parent who ALLOWS a teen (16) to date or have sex with a 25+ year old man can be arrested and charged with endangering a child!

ArtistMe, I find myself in the very peculiar position of seemingly to defend a 16 yr old dating a 25 year old... because it is not at all what I would wish for my own daughter.

However, I find your position to be extreme and lacking logic. If the age of consent is 16 yrs old, as it is in many states, a parent would not be arrested, any more than the 25 year old would be.

The sad thing is, if a parent refused to allow their 16 year old to date a 25 year old, the extreme position is the 16 year old would move out or be thrown out. Frankly, I find that more worrisome.
 ArtistMe
Msg: 410
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 10:41:15 AM
Well, I will say this and then I am DONE with this topic ... really done!

I cannot help but notice that most of you arguing this topic with me are in Canada. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and I am not insulting your country but Canada is an EXTREMELY liberal nation with very different ideas than ours. We are not so liberal here in the U.S. and that is where our differences lie. BTW Itsmargo, a 25 year old dating or having sex with a 16 year old in OUR country certainly will go to prison if it brought to the attention of the authorities and the parents file a complaint ... I have seen it happen! A 16 year old MAY be able to consent to sex with another child under the age of 18 but that is not the case when an adult is involved. My ex-stepson had sex with a 14 year old when he was 18 and got 5-10 yrs and was released on probation after 6 months. Now, he is a registered sex offender and he deserves the title!!! He got NO SYMPATHY from me or his mother and we actually stood on the laws side! We taught him better than that and now he has to pay the consequences for his irresponsible actions no matter how severe the consequences are! Leave our children ALONE means "LEAVE OUR CHILDREN ALONE"!!!

We will never agree on this topic, my beliefs stand FIRM and I WILL NOT waver! I will never say it is okay for an adult to victimize a child and have a strong opinion of those who do! If you guys think I am too extreme, too bad! MY daughter is safe from these predators and enjoys the protection I give her from them and the fact that I care enough about her to protect her from them in the first place makes her very happy!

If you guys want to continue to argue this asinine topic then be my guest, but I am done participating in it. It's actually making me nauseous!
 Tossed_Salad
Msg: 411
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 11:26:31 AM

We are not so liberal here in the U.S. and that is where our differences lie

umm, except maybe when Jerry Lee Lewis (noted US singer) married his 13-year old cousin??

different rules for 'celebrities', perhaps?
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 412
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 11:44:13 AM
My ex-stepson had sex with a 14 year old when he was 18 and got 5-10 yrs and was released on probation after 6 months. Now, he is a registered sex offender and he deserves the title!!!

I really can't believe you said that man! How can you possibly believe a 4 year age difference is deserving of a 5 to 10 jail sentence and a sexual predator sign hung above his head? So tell us, what happened to the girl? How did she deal with the situation? You know what you just said is a perfect example of why I am comfortable with the age of consent laws here. There is no way in hell an 18 year old deserves that for having consensual sex with a girl 4 years his junior...and there is no way in hell that girl should have been made feel that she played a part in getting that guy in some serious trouble. Sheesh...talk about child abuse!

I suspect that you just don't want to admit that your promiscuity was wrong

Where do you get off labeling taal as promiscuous and saying her behavior was illegal and immoral? For one you said in another post that you know absolutely nothing about her and for two she is Canadian and she did not break any Canadian law so for all intents and purposes her behavior was neither illegal or immoral!

You are right though Canada is a liberal nation...we believe in "real" freedom unlike some other places in the world I care not to mention.
 taal
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 3:22:00 PM
It's like talking to a bloody wall. You DO NOT have the law on your side in every aspect. Sure, in Texas, yeah. Be as dogmatic as you want there, those are your laws in your specific state and that's fine. But go to many other states and it's within the law.

Not that my parents' opinion is the deciding factor in this, but they know and are fine with it. And yes, I have been polite with you. I fully accept that you have parenting rights over your daughter, and I haven't completely lynched you yet, which I think earns me brownie points. You, on the other hand, have fallen just short of calling me and thousands of other men and women across the globe whores, yelled at everybody who argues with you, don't have any actual arguments, are blatantly ignoring plain facts in many posts, and ignore half the post when you're responding to it just so you can leave out the parts that validly contradict everything you're saying! And I'm impolite? You can't even explain why such behavior is immoral. I'm just a promiscuous little victim, just because you say so? I mean, to give an example, my best friend Danny. He's three years older than me. I've known him for thirteen years. When I was 16 and he was 19, or 17 and 20, we were having sex. Am I still a victim? A man I've known my entire life and have a lasting relationship with? How did this negatively affect me? If you can come up with any valid point whatsoever on that, I'll be surprised.

And if you haven't taught your daughter enough that she doesn't know how to have safe sex, then I place that blame on you. Not on your daughter, not on the people she sleeps with, but you - that's YOUR responsibility.
 Thorb
Msg: 414
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 5:04:15 PM
In Canada .... a 17 year old is not a minor.

so MrSmith..... your question is invalid here.

and note .... this is a Canadian website. .....
 Arugula
Msg: 415
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 6:30:21 PM
The sad thing is, if a parent refused to allow their 16 year old to date a 25 year old, the extreme position is the 16 year old would move out or be thrown out. Frankly, I find that more worrisome.

That's not correct. I could easily tell my minor child 12, 13, 14, 17..whatever that they could not date a 25 year old. And the law would indeed support me. As I've stated constantly, the age of majority is 18...regardless of the age of consent. I could put all sorts of actions in place to protect my child from a sexual predator. Notify the school...he'd be arrested the minute he stepped on the property, get a restraining order...VERY simple to do when a minor is involved..the options aren't for her to move out or be thrown out. That's just silly to even state.

In Canada .... a 17 year old is not a minor.

so MrSmith..... your question is invalid here.

and note .... this is a Canadian website. .....

lol...from a Canadian..YEP, 17 IS a minor in all provinces and territories. Some even have 18 year olds as minors.
 Ezy_Phix
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 6:38:50 PM
Damn people, why you still trying to demand that you can have sex with a minor?

After reading these posts I have not yet heard one person say why they 'SHOULD' have sex with a minor. All I've heard is 'I WANT' to have sex with a minor. All you've given is demands. Even after so many people have said why you 'SHOULD NOT'. I've seen excuses from people saying they 'CAN' have sex with a minor even as senseless as "I CAN have sex with a minor if I say the minor is mature enough and/or they come on to me." as though you, the adult, can lay the blame on a child. There's a few other twisted excuses too which all basically say, "Cos I want to!" But I have not yet seen reasons why a person 'SHOULD' have sex with a minor.

The mindless animals of this planet instintively need to breed with a minor for the survival of the species. But we humans are over-populating this planet so you wanting to have sex with a minor is not a need but a greedy lust. (Even if you chose to have sex with someone to breed it would be more sensible to choose someone who has had a child not someone that is a child.) But this isn't about breeding, this is about you wanting to have sex with a minor. No other reason except you 'want' to. The difference between animals and humans is an animal 'should' breed with a minor for the survival of the species while a human, who can have sex with a minor, have no justified reasons why they 'should'. So I ask all you perverted grown adults of this forum, why 'SHOULD' you have sex with a child?

Oh, and while you're thinking up the same p*ss poor excuse why you 'want to' and 'can' have sex with a minor and no justified reason why you 'should' also think on this... The only real resemblance and instintive trait that animals and humans have in commom is the deadly force they will use to protect their children. Some animals groups and humans alike will work together to protect their children. But we humans have gone further than all other animals, we have laws and a police force. So while you're in prison I'd like to see you debate with some monsterous cell mate the reasons why they 'SHOULD NOT' have sex with you. I'm sure they'd use the same excuses as you like, "You can, you will, cos I want to!"

And to all you other people telling these sick perverted fools they 'should not' have sex with a our children, copy these sicko's details and pic from their profile and then report them to the proper (local) authorities. Enough is enough and we 'should' stop them now.
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 417
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 6:53:25 PM
Arugula where are you getting your info? I think your not getting all the right info or are basing your statements on tidbits of this and that rather than how all our laws actually read when it comes to the word "minor". I mean in Ontario if you serve anyone under the age of 19 alcohol you committed and offense ie: serving a "minor" alcohol. Now in other situations that 19 year old is not at all considered a minor, same as a 16 year old is not considered a minor when it comes to certain rules, regulations, laws etc...
 taal
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 7:24:32 PM
Ezy Phix - who says anything about should? "Should" isn't a factor. I mean, there's no reason you "should" smoke, either, even if that is a different topic. Why does there even need to be a should? If you take out the fact that they are under 18, you are left with a real live person, a person whom other people - and yes, possibly older people - will be attracted to. The only reason you demand a "should" from our side of the argument is because it offends your moral sensibilities.
 misdotcom
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 7:28:00 PM
Sex with minors, sex with miners...
Either way you get the shaft.
 mlsaarln
Msg: 420
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 7:51:14 PM

Sex with minors, sex with miners...
Either way you get the shaft.
Thank you for that bit of levity!

This is going nowhere. Forgive me for saying so, but I find much of the commentary here to be further proof of the trend of those who, not wanting to put any effort into parenting, justify it by claiming to be giving their children freedom & respect by allowing them to make decisions they are not emotionally equipped to make.

Have a nice night, all.
 Arugula
Msg: 421
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:09:35 PM

Arugula where are you getting your info?

It's an easy google search with "age of majority canada."

Here are the provinces that have 18 as the age of majority:

Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island

And here are the provinces/territories that have 19 as the age of majority:

British Columbia, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Yukon, Nunavut, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories

Now, as a 40 something year old male, you feel you are still entitled to prey on 17 or 18 year olds, you might want to consider the province/territory you live in as well as the knowledge/confidence of the parents of the child involved.
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 422
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:19:54 PM
I still cant believe that some of you guys thinks its ok for a 17 year old to have sex with a 25 year old guy? what the HELL IS WRONG WITH SOME OF YOU PEOPLE.

She is a MINOR............ Minors are not accountable for their behavior, while a adult is supposed to be. Some of you think its giving the teen freedom? how many 17 years old out there that are considered responsible? yea thats right the numbers are are so low that I have a better chance of being related to Bill Clinton.

The average teen is not mature enough and parents, godparents etc are there to protect them, Im sorry but if a guy is social inept like I said plenty of times , get some help with your issues

And before some of you go off on me thinking its a moral thing blah blah blah, I just think its pathetic that a MAN in his 20's stoops so low to hit on a 17 year old teeny bopper, if it isnt for the sex than what is it then? to me that shows the guy isnt emotionally equipped either, and what are you going to do if she gets pregnant?
 Standard-and-Poor
Msg: 423
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:45:33 PM
We went through this age of majority thing already in another post, if you go back a page or two you'll see it. As said earlier too the age of majority has little to do with anything other than voting, smoking, drinking and that kind of thing and it has nothing to do with the law that says at 14 you (boy or girl) can legally consent to sex...be it consenting to a 25 year old or another 14 year old. The laws here do not say old men can prey on 14 year olds but I suppose some of you perceive it as such. No means no up here no matter what the ages are just like it does in the USA and most other places in the world! If you break that rule up here and a complaint is lodged with the authorities your in deep shit! You talk like it's me that's chasing 17 year olds, lol...not the case, but what I am arguing is that I am comfortable with how our consent laws are! Why am I comfortable with them? I believe they afford protection from unreasonable prosecution to those that date others with slight age differences vs it opening the flood gates for sexual predators and or kiddie sex tourists.
 quirkyflirt
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 9:54:04 PM
Age difference is always a huge question. My main concern is whether the person I'm dating is an adult!

In a lot of cases people consider it alright to have a 35/25 relationship, but not a 21/17 and I agree. In this case one person is an adult and the other isn't. A lot of the problem has to do with the girl too though. I know that I have always liked men older than me, they seemed more stable and together.

Another post mentioned this person was a virgin. Maybe he is targeting younger women because he wants someone with the same experiences he has had, and not because he is trying to take advantage?

Is it wrong to date children...of course? Is a 17 year old a child? Not really. In most states this is legal, and in a lot of cases I think that a 17 year old can be mature. When I was 17 I had an apartment, a job, and was going to college...many of my peers were 25 or older.

If the girl is in highschool or living at home, that would make her not adult. However if she has taken responsibility for herself, and is acting like an adult I don't see any reason why not. 17 really is a grey area for me.
 lie to me
Msg: 425
Sex with minors
Posted: 9/27/2007 11:50:43 PM
Ermmmm - excuse me, Mr. Salad msg 411? Jerry Lee ruined his farking career over it. 'Tossed' it straight into the 'crapper'. So yeah. It wasn't right - and he was actually even worse - it was his C O U S I N! Even if it was by marriage, I don't remember - but even if it was - that's still SICK SICK SICK.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex with minors I think this is unacceptable