Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex with minors I think this is unacceptable      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SnowKitteh
Msg: 601
Sex with minorsPage 25 of 35    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35)
The age of consent is when a person is considered accountable for their own behaviour, as far as sex goes. Before then, it's illegal for ANYONE to have sex with them. After then, it's completely legal for anyone who is also over the age of consent to have consensual sex with them, and they are accountable for their own behaviour

The age of emancipation, When you're held accountable for your own behavior and your parents are not, changes from state to state.
You can vote at 18 across the US.
But in MA You're parents are no longer held accountable for you at 18.
But you can consent to sex at 16... go figure?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 602
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 11:57:46 AM
^^^ mahogany_rush, in the UK, the age of consent for heterosexual sex, and anal sex for both sexes is now 16.

I have a personal issue with all of this, because I've had a lot of options for NSA sex, and all sorts of hook-ups, ever since I was 8. But I believed that it would much better for the woman, and for me, if I waited for a relationship. The way I think about sex, is that it's between 2 people. What they do is no-one else's business, including their friends. Now I've discovered that there are women my age who are grandmothers, and with small kids of their own as well. It's incredibly hard finding women who have had a lot of partners who think like me, when it comes to sex, or children, because their experiences are just so different to mine.

To my mind, it would be not that different than a 21-year-old man who has slept with over 200 women and got kids by them, dating a 21-year-old woman with one previous long-term partner and no kids. You start talking about things, sex is just thrown in there, if you don't hook up right away, he wants to move on, but sex is just casual, and cheating is not that big of a deal, kids are more about providing food and clothing and not so much love, and commitment to relationships is not that important to such a man.

It's not that much different for me, when I meet women of my age.
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 603
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 1:04:25 PM
ok there Scorpio, first thing I haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about? and I don't see what that has to do with having sex with minors? WTF is NSA sex?

Are you trying to say its ok to have sex with a minor because they can consent to it? if thats your argument I suggest you hire a lawyer to go through the nuance of your laws.

To my mind, it would be not that different than a 21-year-old man who has slept with over 200 women and got kids by them, dating a 21-year-old woman with one previous long-term partner and no kids. You start talking about things, sex is just thrown in there, if you don't hook up right away, he wants to move on, but sex is just casual, and cheating is not that big of a deal, kids are more about providing food and clothing and not so much love, and commitment to relationships is not that important to such a man.
Im still lost on what youre trying to say here? but to use that example if a 21 year old sleeps with 200 women and there adults so what hopes he gets his bobo checked , but if any of the women were minors , yeah I say there is a major problem, he's a f ucking perv.
 hardclimber
Msg: 604
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:30:59 PM
Was this reported to POF? Am I the only one that thinks of this guy as sick?
 slow_hand_001
Msg: 605
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:39:33 PM
C'mon people, a 17 year old gal is not that young. If the guy can wait till she is legal then whats the problem. 25 and 17 are not that far apart. If Ashton can date Demi then Mc Hammer should be able to date Jamie Lynn Spears..........oooooops, she already has a bun in the oven.
 JWA
Msg: 606
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 3:41:28 PM

Was this reported to POF? Am I the only one that thinks of this guy as sick?

LOL I'm thinking HardClimber has slipped a knot, dropped a caribiner or just come late to this party! If you'd read the first and opening posts here you'd see the headline here is hardly the hot topic is otherwise suggests. Try reading the OP first as that might give you a better understanding of the thread.

It's impossible that the Admin has NOT seen this thread since it was posted on 8/24/07 making it a full four months old by now. They might miss a few things but not for this long a period of time.
 hardclimber
Msg: 607
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 5:57:52 PM
Just read the question on page one. The question was what do you think about a 17 year old having sex with someone who is 25. At 17 a individual is just moving beyond childhood. in fact in the world we live in most children have very few responsibilities, thus the question is how are they prepared to engage in a sexual relation safely? If I missed something else i concede I missed another issue. Again I am simply stating that the typical 17 year old is not ready to interact with a 25 year old on a sexual basis. The idea that someone would use a celeberity as an example of why it is a good idea might want to look to the numerous successful teen idol role models? If they can find more that two. And Donny and Marie are no longer teens.
 that sam i am
Msg: 608
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 8:29:05 PM
Oh Hell, Nora Louise Kuzma had a lot of sex with a lot of people on screen. It only became an issue when they realised that she had faked her ID. Her name: Traci Lords. She was 16.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 609
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 8:38:14 PM
To mahogany_rush:
Are you trying to say its ok to have sex with a minor because they can consent to it? if thats your argument I suggest you hire a lawyer to go through the nuance of your laws.
No. Because I am all for keeping the law. The law says that anyone in the UK under 16 may not have sex with ANYONE, and if anyone does, they could be charged with child abuse and/or rape.

I only want legal sex. Got it? LEGAL. ONLY LEGAL SEX. WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE LEGAL FOR ME TO HAVE SEX WITH.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 610
view profile
History
This thread is ONLY about legal sex
Posted: 1/5/2008 8:46:07 PM
To JWA:
It's impossible that the Admin has NOT seen this thread since it was posted on 8/24/07 making it a full four months old by now. They might miss a few things but not for this long a period of time.
There is a reason that the Admin never deleted this thread, JWA. I posted on this thread on 8/30/2007, in msg 128, in which I pointed out that:
17 is the age of consent in the OP's country.
I got a heartfelt thank you from the OP for my post, by the way, so you can take it as a given. I think he lives in Ireland, if I remember right. Either way:

17 is the age of consent in the OP's country.
The Opening Post:
I recently read a post from a 25 year old man who has a crush on a minor, the girl in question is according to him is 17 years old. Personally I think this is unacceptable but some of the replies really shocked me. I have a 16 year old daughter and the thought of an adult male almost a decade older hitting on her troubles me as I feel at this age children are very venerable and should not be the target of 25 year old virgins (this claim was also made in the original post). Perhaps Im over protective so Id like to know what others think about what ages are acceptable for minors/17 year olds to have sex with adults from both male and females. If the genders were reversed would things be different? Whats you option on this?

The question raised was:If a 25-year-old man was interested in a 17-year-old girl, and it is completely legal for the two of them to have sex, would you see this as unacceptable?

Hope that clears it up for all of you. This thread is ONLY about legal sex.
 cummins5.924vtd01
Msg: 611
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/5/2008 10:24:25 PM
yeah no kidding, that whole bleed & breed quote is the reason guys like me (daddys) own guns
 that sam i am
Msg: 612
Posted: 1/5/2008 10:35:14 PM

The question raised was:If a 25-year-old man was interested in a 17-year-old girl, and it is completely legal for the two of them to have sex, would you see this as unacceptable?

I see it is none of my business and none of yours.
 Kynnie
Msg: 613
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 4:22:52 AM

I see it is none of my business and none of yours

Yeah well its a whole other story when some fully grown and supposedly mature male/female is lusting after your own children because they dont have the emotionally maturity & brain capacity to engage people in their own age bracket. And people do have opinions on it.
Children may not be the legally operative word here (depending where you come from)...the fact is that the "adult" is supposed to use their brains & ethics to just leave young ones the hell alone.

People can argue the semantics forever about whether or not its anyone's business or legal or whatever else. Ultimately its a question of whether its ethically right or not. And its not.

It may be legal to have sex with someone say 40 years of age who has the retarded mental capacity of 17 years old...but you just dont do it. Not real hard to figure out and dont pretend or justify its any different when its not a medically diagnosed disability. Youth...is youth because it just is.
Dont argue that theres any reason to be doing it just because they're legally classified under age of consent and dont have a mental impairment because they are still children.

My kids...well they get to the age of consent and a predator makes a move...they gotta get past my ex hubby first (who'd pull out the gun as joked in post # 612)...however Id just destroy your life...and I'll do it LEGALLY so you will have absolutely nothing to complain about or have an opinion on.

Bleed and breed? Thats the same brilliance attributed to men who say women who internet date & post pictures lazing scantily dressed over vehicles deserve to be raped.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 614
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:03:46 AM
^^^ Kynnie, when was the last time you said all this to a 25-year-old woman who was dating a 17-year-old man, and told her that you would LEGALLY destroy her life, if she continued to date a man who was not her own age, and then LEGALLY destroyed her life because she continued to date such a man?

When was the last time you said all this to a 40-year-old woman who was dating an 18-year-old man, and told her that you would LEGALLY destroy her life, if she continued to date a man who was not her own age, and then LEGALLY destroyed her life because she continued to date such a man?
 Arugula
Msg: 615
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:36:46 AM

Hope that clears it up for all of you. This thread is ONLY about legal sex.

And I hope THIS clears it up for you.

No, I would NOT see it as acceptable, and any human with an "adult" mentally would not see it as normal either. Adults protect children. They don't f*ck them.

While my child (male or female) may be able to LEGALLY consent to sex, they are still LEGALLY my responsibility. I'd simply file a restraining order with the local police department. I'd also provide a copy of that restraining order to my child's school. And I'd enforce that restraining order to the letter of the law, ensuring that I did indeed destroy the predator's life. I'd ensure that if he broke that restraining order in any fashion, he'd have a permanent criminal record...affecting all future employement and many personal relationships.

However, if you and the Op, and others of the same mentality concerning preying on verses protecting minor children wish to look for minor children to f*ck, by all mean, go ahead. It's possible you'd find a parent who would have the same mentality as you. Good luck with that.
 that sam i am
Msg: 616
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 10:46:09 AM
It's no wonder teenagers hate their parents. Instead of trying to reason out with their teenagers about what is right and wrong, some parents choose to destroy a relationship and hurt the object of their teenager's affections.

This leads to a rift between the parent and "child" and trust is broken never to be gained.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 617
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 11:28:54 AM
Arugula, lets' review a few points:
1) The OP finds it distasteful as well. So you are arguing a false point.
2) From what I understand, you can only file a restraining order if you can prove a law is broken, and is likely to be broken again, that would cause serious harm to the people who are protected by the restraining order. I know this because my mother filed a restraining order against someone, and needed to back it up, by providing evidence that the person had physically assaulted her. IMHO, in this situation, if the guy had not assaulted your child, or harmed your child in any other illegal way, you are not entitled to have any request for such an order to be with-held. Moreover, if you made any claims against him to a school, or to any member of the public, he would be entitled to sue you for defamation of character, which could quite possibly be claimed for the entire value of all of your financial value, including your home.
3) If you disrespect the law, by ignoring it when it says things are permissible, then you are showing to others that the law is an a**, and that even when it bans things, such as illegal sex with a minor, it is an a** too. So if someone has value for your opinion, then they might take things further with a person below the age of consent. That is something I am strongly against, so I believe in upholding the law.
4) From my understanding of people, the mind requires consistency. If you teach your offspring to date men who treat them with respect, irrespective of age, then their minds will follow that. If you teach your offspring to date men who are close to their age, irrespective of respect or abuse, they will follow that. Given that so many young people in the West appear to be only interested in casual sex without any respect, the mind will naturally conclude that selecting young people will automatically conclude that respect and lack of abuse is not a requirement of dating.
5) If you want young people to date young people, happily, you can make it happen. You can hold singles events every week, which you could oversee, and partner people up, and hold seminars for young men and young women on how to best to conduct relationships. But if you don't do this, they will be influenced by their most immediate teachers: TV, magazines, advertisements, and the internet. From what I see, it seems that that's what is going on already.
6) If you brought up your children to be fully-functional human beings, they would have found a decent person to date their own age already, because it is natural to select someone your own age, if all other criteria are met.

There are some of my thoughts on the matter. They are by no means perfect thoughts, so feel free to disagree.
 Arugula
Msg: 618
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:06:40 PM
Arguing a false point? I'm not aguing ANYTHING. I'm responding to how "I" feel about a 25 year old trying to f*ck a 17 year old minor child. That's a STATEMENT.

What you DON'T understand, is that even if it is legal for a 17 year old to consent to sex, THE PARENT is still LEGALLY responsible for the child. And as such, I can indeed get a restraining order to keep the predator away from my child, off my property, and off the school's property. 25 year olds who do not have specific permission from the LEGAL GUARDIAN may not be on school grounds in any event. I'd supply a copy of the order to ensure they noticed the predator immediately.

As far as the rest of your prattling about how "I" can parent...lol...I have no idea what it has to do with the topic. But by all means, if and when you become a parent, tell your teen that you're going to conduct "seminars" on how best to conduct themselves.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 619
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 2:31:44 PM
1) I quite agree. You are speaking about your "feelings".
2) I appreciate fully that a parent is legally responsible for their child. To my understanding, the legal responsibility of a guardian is to order his or her child to keep away from a place or person, and that you have the right to "ground" said child if he or she will not abide by their rules. But that seems to be only applicable to the rights said guardian has over the child. So perhaps I am unsure of the law. Can you tell me where it says that you are legally allowed to have a restraining order enacted against someone who has done nothing wrong?
3) The school is entitled to keep a 25-year-old off school grounds, which it would do to anyone. Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not true that the school is under the jurisdiction of the people who run the school? Is it not true that if you feel the school is not acting in the best interests of your child, then you are entitled to remove your child from that school? What law allows you to dictate what the school does?
4) If you are trying to make demands of the basis that you are LEGALLY responsible for your child, that LEGAL responsibility ends at 18. Plus, there are many extremely unsavoury acts that a young woman is allowed to do at 18. What are you going to do then? You really think that there are less "predators" at age 18 than at 17?
 Arugula
Msg: 620
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 4:21:12 PM
I am speaking ON TOPIC as to whether or not I find it acceptable for a 25 year old to f*ck a 17 year old minor. THAT is the topic. I simply elaborated with the steps I would take to protect my minor child from the predator.

Can you tell me where it says that you are legally allowed to have a restraining order enacted against someone who has done nothing wrong?

It's quite easy to obtain a protective or peace order. And the 25 year old predator IS doing something wrong when I've informed him that he is not to be in contact with my minor child. She IS MY legal responsiblity. Just as I'd be responsible if she wrecked her car and killed someone, or if she had an unsupervised party at my house and died from drinking.

Legally, I would file on behalf of a child who cannot provide for his or her own needs. (I'm supporting her) Then I'd check the box that said I was related to the minor child by blood, marriage, or adoption. Then I'd check the boxes that applied to criminal harrassment, criminal trespassing, and criminal stalking. And because any sick perverted 25 year old who would prey on a 17 year old child is likely to be highly stupid at the least, I'd probably be able to check the box that applied to an act (statement) that placed the petitioner (me) in imminent fear of bodily harm.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not true that the school is under the jurisdiction of the people who run the school? Is it not true that if you feel the school is not acting in the best interests of your child, then you are entitled to remove your child from that school? What law allows you to dictate what the school does?

Sure I could remove my child from the school. But I have no idea what that has to do with the price of milk or the topic of conversation. And yes I can remove my child from the school, but again...that has zero to do with this topic. And the "law allowing me to dictate what the school does" comment? I have no idea where you pulled that from either. The school WILL, however, abide by the existing laws regarding who is able to remove the child from school grounds. They will also do their best to ensure that predators of the minor children are kept off the grounds. AND, they WILL happily look at pictures of the predator I provide as well as any license plate numbers, etc., and take a copy of the restraining order.

As I stated previously, if you are in support of adults f*cking 17 year olds, then go for it. There might be some parents out there who would cheer you on.

I'm not one of them. That's the topic...not whether or not it's legal, or whether or not I can remove my child from a school. I have legal responsibility and control of my child until he/she is 18. And as a parent, I take that responsibility seriously.

If you don't get it yet, you're not going to. On Topic...NO I do NOT think it is acceptable for a 25 year old predator to f*ck a 17 year old minor child, no matter how you dress it up. Do you?
 angelah1975
Msg: 621
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 4:37:01 PM

Not singling just you out... Alot of people have been freaking about this like they've never heard someone say it before and they can't believe how jaded and scadelizing it is for their virgin minds. and... I'm barely old enough to vote and it's not phasing me in the slightest... and I've heard it many times before.

Perhaps it's because you don't have an 11 year old daughter? Which I DO. This is just a guess, but if you put yourself in my position, knowing that your daughter will soon be "old enough to bleed...", it would most likely make you want to vomit, too.
 hardclimber
Msg: 622
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:07:08 PM
A 25 year old that wants to be caring and responsible can start by not dating a 17 year old. Does not matter if it is a male or female. A child at the age of 17 is still in High School. This part of life does not need an older significant other. Throw out what the law allows all you want. Values and the law are not always one in the same!
 scorpiomover
Msg: 623
view profile
History
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:32:56 PM

I am speaking ON TOPIC as to whether or not I find it acceptable for a 25 year old to f*ck a 17 year old minor. THAT is the topic. I simply elaborated with the steps I would take to protect my minor child from the predator.
I will re-quote the OP:
I recently read a post from a 25 year old man who has a crush on a minor, the girl in question is according to him is 17 years old.
Since when did a "crush" mean "f*ck", which when I have heard anyone use it, seems to be a form of casual sex, with no feelings involved at all? So how on Earth is your post ON TOPIC?

It's quite easy to obtain a protective or peace order. And the 25 year old predator IS doing something wrong when I've informed him that he is not to be in contact with my minor child. She IS MY legal responsiblity. Just as I'd be responsible if she wrecked her car and killed someone, or if she had an unsupervised party at my house and died from drinking.
Sorry, but the law does not allow you to dictate the actions of others. It allows you to DICTATE THE ACTIONS OF YOUR CHILD, BECAUSE YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HER. You don't get the right to dictate the actions of others. It's the law

Legally, I would file on behalf of a child who cannot provide for his or her own needs. (I'm supporting her) Then I'd check the box that said I was related to the minor child by blood, marriage, or adoption. Then I'd check the boxes that applied to criminal harrassment, criminal trespassing, and criminal stalking. And because any sick perverted 25 year old who would prey on a 17 year old child is likely to be highly stupid at the least, I'd probably be able to check the box that applied to an act (statement) that placed the petitioner (me) in imminent fear of bodily harm.
Unfortunately for you, most 25-year-olds are not stupid, and still have living relatives who are equally not stupid, and who would feel incredibly incensed by this, and sue your a** for everything you have, because you just lied to the courts, on a legal document, and you would have to back this up by a legal statement. Under these circumstances, the law's first choice is to prosecute the individual, so a trial would ensue, during which, your perjury would become apparent, and you would go to jail for 5 years, during which time, your daughter would be left without you. In your country, there is something called "innocent until proven guilty", which means you would have to back up everything you say.

Sure I could remove my child from the school. But I have no idea what that has to do with the price of milk or the topic of conversation. And yes I can remove my child from the school, but again...that has zero to do with this topic. And the "law allowing me to dictate what the school does" comment? I have no idea where you pulled that from either. The school WILL, however, abide by the existing laws regarding who is able to remove the child from school grounds. They will also do their best to ensure that predators of the minor children are kept off the grounds. AND, they WILL happily look at pictures of the predator I provide as well as any license plate numbers, etc., and take a copy of the restraining order.
You could do this. Many schools do. But it's just like women who put "no players" on their profile. Tells them that she is an easy target for someone who knows what they are doing. By doing this, the guy will probably be hounded out of town, or more likely have molotov****ails thrown into his home, by the other parents, or even possibly end up dead, because of your actions. Now, what usually happens, is that because everyone is looking at this guy, the real predators, who prey on 14-year-olds or even younger, will be free to do their grooming and abuse, with your enablement, because you attacked an innocent man.

If you don't get it yet, you're not going to. On Topic...NO I do NOT think it is acceptable for a 25 year old predator to f*ck a 17 year old minor child, no matter how you dress it up. Do you?
Let me be perfectly clear: If you think a "crush" is the same as "f*cking", then I pity you, for any man who has dated has had to learn to pick up on when women say one thing and mean another. You have made it perfectly clear that you equate a relationship with a f*ck. So any man who dates you will pick up that, and will react the same way as he would to any other woman who feels this way about relationships. She makes her bed, she lies in it, and that's all she gets, because that's all she can see.
 Kynnie
Msg: 624
Sex with minors
Posted: 1/6/2008 5:57:53 PM

^^^ Kynnie, when was the last time you said all this to a 25-year-old woman who was dating a 17-year-old man

Hey Im an equal opportunity b!tch in this scenario. Male or female...dont get in my way cos you all get the same result.
Anyone's welcome to think whatever they like of it or me...but fact is...I will do it if someone's not smart enough to use their own ethics & boundaries in this case.

Here's the heads up...you dont fall over and your d*ck just slips in or your legs spread...its not an accident...you are pursuing the child...or in the case of being pursued you are not putting a stop to it.

It's no wonder teenagers hate their parents. Instead of trying to reason out with their teenagers about what is right and wrong, some parents choose to destroy a relationship and hurt the object of their teenager's affections.

This leads to a rift between the parent and "child" and trust is broken never to be gained

^^^ The job of a parent is to not reason with them.
The job of a parent is to help guide, protect & nurture a child.
When or if the tough calls need to be made and stringent measures are necessary to protect a child for their own good...that is part of the job also. Anything less makes me a shitty parent.
All the throwing around of it being somehow unfair or detrimental to the long term relationship is frankly...bullshit.
When or if I ever come the conclusion that you're right...I'll call you in 20 years and let you know...otherwise...your opinion is nothing until you have children of your own.. or alternatively...you could try and date my daughter.

Any man/woman may not be smart enough to not do it initially..but they'll wise up real quick
 mahogany_rush
Msg: 625
Posted: 1/6/2008 8:16:15 PM
Well Scorpio to answer the question then, I don't think, no I take that back I Believe the 25 year old if he was thinking of having sex with a 17 year is UNACCEPTABLE, WRONG,NADA, ZIP blah blah blah.

Doesn't matter if the age of consent of a person is 16 years old , the 16 year old is still a MINOR, and Im willing to bet if you researched that law there are provisions, amendments to that consent law and any body that argues the fact because they can consent at that age is either full of shit or really that perverted to justify there own insecurities, Im sorry most 25 years olds ive ever encountered wouldn't dream of picking up young girls that age.

Legal sex or not at that age, she's still a friggen MINOR, what I find so weird is, you can grant licenses and make it legal to have sex but they cant vote, purchase real estate, buy stocks, run for public office
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Sex with minors I think this is unacceptable