Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Guys claiming they want long term relationship.......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rewbin
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Guys claiming they want long term relationship.......Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Angelwings 20 hours talking. Lol I would not meet with a women if we only talked to for 20 hours. A women like that wants sex plain and simple! ! !

When I was singal and looking. I sent letters and e-mails back and forth for 1 too 3 months before I met any of them. How can you know someone in 20 hours??? There a "Player" there are a lot of "Player Women" here as well...you know who you are lol at u.

However NO one wants to be alone forever I sure do Not want to be. For your next man you find do as I do send letters back and forth for at least 1 month. You can tell most ppl by the things they say in letters. As a rule the longer the letter the more "Hounest" the person is. Both Men and Women fall into this...

Yes it is true I uesd to be a Player, though like anyone I can be dressed up to make women wet by the sight of me. Everyone dose it just keep in mind if your pic's you have on your profile show cleavage you will get men who try to sleep with you.

A helpful hint from a player of a different kind ;)
 andy28
Msg: 77
Guys claiming they want long term relationship.......
Posted: 3/3/2008 2:00:16 PM
Rewbin brings up a very good point. Women, if your comfortable with your body and would like to show it off then fine but you have to keep in mind that when some guys see this they will think that you are easy and won't expect much else from you but sex. Or they will just list you as a favorite with no intention to write to you only to look at your pictures. Unfortunately it is a down side to showing your self off. You want to show how hot you look and some guys just want to look at you and nothing else. I've read this in a lot of peoples profiles. How many guys list you as favorites but you've never heard from?
As for guys claiming to want long term I admit that I am one of these people but you also have to understand that just because a guy agrees to go out with you doesn't mean that he has picked you for life. All people need time to see if they are dating the right person. The only thing you get from the first date is whether you want to see them again or not. I've dated some girls that after a couple of dates I know that I want to stay with this person. I've also had some girlfriends that after a couple of months I still wasn't completly sure. There are guys that can decide quickly just like there are women who can decide quickly. Deciding quickly can be good because you won't waste each others time but it also means that you won't learn more about the person and find out that there was more to like. So yes there are guys here who will list themselves as long term just to get what they want from women but there are also some women on this site who can be just as cruel(I happened to meet one this week).
The only advice I can give about this subject is that you have to be open-minded when it comes to dating. Some people prove that they are wrong for you right from the start and those you should just leave without a second thought but don't shun everyone who writes to you or every profile that you read. Profiles don't tell you nearly enough about the person, you have to try talking to them and that is when you find out what they are like and just like the jerks the good ones stand out right away aswell. I've known both guys and girls who couldn't get a first date and then when they did the other person would end up being crazy about them. So yes you have to be careful but don't pass up every person that comes along because you may pass the right one. Ok got to stop I'm rambling here:P
 lady-di-007
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/3/2008 4:40:31 PM
All I can say to this one is aren't you lucky you got away.
And I think seperated does not alway mean still attached some of us just haven't got around to the legal thing because there has been no reason too yet. It doesn't ask how long you have been seperated.
 Honest Ernie
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2008 6:58:34 PM
some guys will falsely claim they are looking for a long term relationship just like some women will falsely claim that. It works both ways, and in order for a LTR to develop, it will take a bit of time. That time factor is there so both parties can become acquainted with each other and see if there is something to be nurtured. It is not unheard of for a couple that are both genuinely seeking a LTR to part company after dating just a short while. That doesn't mean they weren't genuine in what they wanted, it's just that after dating for a short while, they realized that it wasn't going to work. Naturally, there are no absolutes and if a person says they still have strong feelings for their ex, then it's time to run away, as fast as you can, and be thankful that you found out before it was too late.
 Skeptik
Msg: 80
Posted: 3/4/2008 8:37:19 AM
Hasn't happened to me - mind you I have only met a couple people on POF. Reading your post however, has made me a bit more skeptical!
Yikes!
 pathwalker49
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/17/2008 7:07:39 PM
The guys a player and a freak, you'd do well to let the other women on here know who he is so they can avoid him and his crap!
Also I think women on here who have grown kids leaving home ,and want to be on their own for awhile, ought to be honest during the initial meeting onsite. (Before they meet men claiming they want long term relationships.)
Angelwings, I can't believe you say you smoke and yet you block anyone who smokes from contacting you?? Does that make sense?
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 82
Posted: 3/17/2008 8:29:38 PM
PW49: I know someone else who smokes yet said he wants to meet a woman who doesn't smoke. Curious to know why smokers would want to meet non-smokers & vice-versa???

I've met many guys who claim they want long-term relationships & want to be "friends first" when we're chatting online or on the phone, but am pressured for sex & end up fighting off their hands on the first date, sometimes within minutes of meeting. I usually ask "So whatever happened to friends first?" & the response is usually a cheeky grin. I'm not saying all guys here so gentlemen please don't get your undies in a knot ... just most guys.
 ~CARL LINGUS69~
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:33:35 PM
Depends on what the poster is smoking at the time when they are posting on the threads and profiles about smokers
 Tyeee
Msg: 84
Posted: 3/17/2008 9:46:16 PM
FunnyAndSweet

. . . but am pressured for sex & end up fighting off their hands on the first date, sometimes within minutes of meeting.

Perhaps without you being aware of it you send out powerful signals that overcome a man's sense of propriety and he is powerless to resist? Some perfume or the mischievous twinkle in your eyes?

Hmm, might have to arrange for some research.

Tyeee
 crazymum
Msg: 85
Posted: 3/18/2008 9:53:39 AM
i know what you are talking about... i get alot of guys that say they are looking for long term but then all they want is to get in my pants.... not what im looking for and not what they are gonna get... why is it so hard to find a guy??? ive found a few that i liked and got to know but they always tell me they are not ready for a relationship... so why are they looking for long term then...
 Ben Surgeon
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:20:39 AM
To the OP it does happen to not only women but men. A lot on here play the old “grass is always greener” on the other side. Sounds like this fellow does not know what he is looking for. It is better to find out about what he is like now then later. Like all dating sites, it is buyer beware….

There are lots head game players that are dishonest about their intentions. I have talked to a number of men and woman about this and the unfortunate thing is there is a lot of good single people out there that have a lot to offer but get fed up with all the head games They decide to just be happy with themselves, make friends and just stay single. The losers are all of us as what you have left over are the lying losers/users that are only into playing head games, what they can get out of a relationship and hurting honest genuine people that are serious about a relationship. It is either most people give up all together or they have to learn how to play the same type of head games.

Like I have posted before I have been honest in dating and even though I feel some I have met have not been completely honest with me it is no longer my issue. If that is what makes them feel better as a human to be dishonest then it is there issue's and that they have to live with their conscience.

BS
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 87
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:21:53 AM
Tyeee: Perhaps without you being aware of it you send out powerful signals that overcome a man's sense of propriety and he is powerless to resist? Some perfume or the mischievous twinkle in your eyes?

You might be right. As my g/f of 30 yrs says, "You just have this really cutesy thing about you that makes guys chase you even when you're not interested". She's been saying it for 30 yrs & still can't define "cutesy thing". My last long-term b/f said I "ooze sex appeal" & he's observed the way guys look at me when we go out & thinks it's my wiggle ... I didn't even know I had a wiggle, just a fat a$$! Some of my other dates have mentioned being drawn to my eyes, smile, exotic looks, sexiness, my laughter & my bubbliness.

I just think these guys could really use a good dose of me when I'm in PMS mode to cool them off.

kitty kat28
Msg: 88
Posted: 3/18/2008 12:32:13 PM
Unfortunately im sorry that you had a bad experience on here but it does happen. There are some real jerks on here just waiting for girls like us to come along. I have met some royal a**holes on here that i wish i didnt but i used it as a learing experience. Some guys looking for long term on here have their particulars on what they want and if they dont find it they still might play with you anyways. Never the less i have met some great guys on here that i was very interested in but after sometime together they knew i was not the one for them. One in particular was always sweet, respectful, kind, and caring towards me. Even thought he told me he didnt see long term after almost a month he did it in the kindest way possible and me and him have developed into great friends. So trust me there are a few princes in the sea of frogs!! Move on from this guy he does not deserve you!! Its his loss in the long run and you are better off without someone like that!
 karmatic
Msg: 89
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:26:51 PM
How about this great "conn job from a guy under the handles "JORDMAN" OR :BCLOGGER" OK THE GUY COMES OVER FROM VAN SEE oops sorry fro the caps. Sees i got the stability yadda yadda how ever a little bit down the way he decides to ,move in with me!!! and then I find out???? just happened to slip his mind I guess!! that oh! he has an ugly fiance in burnaby for the last 8 ****ing years!!!!! but yet he still comes back and tries to suckhole back into my and my kids lives!!! can you bevelieve it!!!???? unreal. and man was he a good scmoozer or so he thought. But i was totally on to him and kicked his ass out!
anyone want to take that one??? cause the fiance lol get this...he brings her as well over to the island to "MY" friends place. Where HE CHEATED: ON HER IN THE SAME TOWN EVEN!!! WOULD YOU NOT BE EMBARASSED>>>> TO WALK IN THOSE SHOES OF A WOMAN YOUR BOY FRIEND CHEATED ON YOUR WITH??!! LIKE HOLY CRAP THESE PEOPLE ARE MESSED!!! ANY ONE WANNA GIVE SOME ADVICE ABOUT THAT ONE!!!

tAM
 jenjen76
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/21/2008 1:24:59 AM
I think it happens to all of us, I was hanging out with a guy off here who claimed he was looking for longterm, seems like after we slept together a couple times he just dissappeared, nice hey....maybe us women should start being like that LOLOL
 Tyeee
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:18:15 AM

Jaded Princess ^^^^ Msg 90
.....maybe us women should start being like that

Start? When did the vixens stop and take a break?
 FunnyAndSweet48
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/22/2008 11:20:15 AM

kitty kat28: So trust me there are a few princes in the sea of frogs!!
The days of kissing just one frog & having him turning into your prince are gone. Now it seems that one has to kiss a pondful of frogs in hopes that one of them will turn into that prince.

kue
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/22/2008 2:24:40 PM
our date lasted like 20 hours

sounds long term to me...

one term for way too long
 ~CARL LINGUS69~
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2008 3:59:20 PM
our date lasted like 20 hours it sounds like a quickie
 kue
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/22/2008 4:12:27 PM
runs in fear ^^^^
 easyoneverything
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/23/2008 11:23:11 AM
Some guys put long term in their profile because they want the type of quality woman that would respond to that. They don't want some cheap barfly looking for an intimate encounter, they want a nice, genuine, loving woman who will provide the warmth and sincerity they seek - but only for a night or two. Yeah, it's creepy, but that's just one of the many good reasons for me keeping the relationship out of the bedroom at first.

Another is that once I've established sexual intimacy, I'm kinda committed - but he isn't, at least not yet. I don't know if this is a gender thing or not, as there appears to be plenty of women who take sex as lightly as men, but I don't. To me, sharing at that level of intimacy is not something I can take lightly and so until I'm really sure I want to be committed (at least from my point of view) then I'd better keep exploring who he is outside the bedroom first. And there's no way I am going to know that for at least a few dates, no matter what he says. Players are really accomplished at the game of convincing you that they are everything you've been looking for -- honest, sincere, and deeply interested in you -- but it's just a game with them.

If a guy needs to have sex with me within a couple of dates, his reasons have absolutely nothing to do with his desire or attraction to me as a person, and everything to do with satisfying some dysfunctional need of his. A guy who is really into me is happy to show me who he really is over a period of time, and wait for me to offer myself willingly when I'm certain he is who he says he is, or who he is pretending to be.
 pathwalker49
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/23/2008 3:35:35 PM
Sorry for your experience. Suggest that the best way to avoid this kind of crap is to make sure you date the person a couple times before giving yourself up.

There is no guarantee that anything will work 100% but by taking time to be reasonably sure of what you have could at least reduce the risk.

If a person is full of it they will get impatient and move on before they can leave you feeling defiled and used.

Give yourself a hug, your intentions were good, he's the one minimized. What the hell, sounds like you ahd a great time so go with that and toss it off. Maybe he wasn't the one to give your all the intimacies you want in your profile, but all those gentle qualities made you a target for a player?
 easyoneverything
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/23/2008 6:03:43 PM
"The days of kissing just one frog & having him turning into your prince are gone. Now it seems that one has to kiss a pondful of frogs in hopes that one of them will turn into that prince."

Yeah, and be carfeful being so close to all that pond scum doesn't rub off! Keep your optimism intact.
 mustconvert
Msg: 99
Posted: 4/15/2008 2:35:22 AM
First things first no matter how long you talked on the internet before and no matter how old you are handing out your goodies right away is not virtuous of any woman that wants to consider herself worthy of be desired and loved by a man. You must cherrish your ability to give and be given pleasure that the person you share that with you should at least have feeling for not just providing heat or lubricant. So remember the next time you open your legs make sure you can also open your eyes and be able to look into the mans eyes and see a future.

jennifer
 Forest_Walker73
Msg: 100
Posted: 4/15/2008 7:14:31 PM
I really hate guys like that -- they make the rest of us look bad :frustrated:

Not all guys are like that -- yet unfortunately there's just no way to tell who's good and who's bad until you've talked to them and spent some time getting to know them before they reveal their true inner selves.

It goes two ways -- I know not all women are materialistic Paris Hilton types, yet I can't help but get the feeling there's a LOT of those in the downtown area (!) I've also had an ex who tried to get me to propose to her on our first weekend trip (after about 2 months of dating), which I resisted. So from HER point of view, I'm the guy who doesn't want a long term relationship.

If only there was a way to weed out the chaff and ship them off to a new planet so they can drive each other nuts there and leave the rest of us alone!
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Guys claiming they want long term relationship.......