Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bobbelieu
Msg: 76
DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Do I have dreams about my ex? AB-SO-LUTE-LY, POS-I-TIVE-LY NEVER!!

(Thank God....)
 teggs
Msg: 77
DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?
Posted: 7/25/2005 4:15:13 PM
Can't see it's obsessing to have involuntary episodes crop up. Who knows what dreams really are. it's said that all the people in them are reflections of ourselves ! On thinking about this in the past -I think there's a lot in it.
On waking...we're back to being single or at, least, not where we once were- and that is the hard part- if you still care for the past connection. Who doesn't get this stuff. We are all good company for each other...
PS Waving not drowning
 Shuakin-G
Msg: 78
Posted: 7/25/2005 4:53:22 PM
If you figure it out then let me know bro. Pray for the girl. Maybe that will help :-)
 trvlingman
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/25/2005 6:08:41 PM
I,m 20

I still have the odd dream about the first girl I kissed.

I was 10 at the time.

dont even try explaining dreams
 Rocky444
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 7:19:29 PM
When I dream about my 1st ex its a nightmare
When I dream about my 2nd ex its a smile for a week.
 Here she is
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2005 9:21:48 PM
God I hate dreaming about my ex!! It still happens occasionally and we've been split for over three years, in fact i hadn't spoken or seen him in that time...It hurts so much still.
 Si-308
Msg: 82
Posted: 7/26/2005 11:27:08 AM
its been eight years now. something is wrong with me.
 heavenscherubangel
Msg: 83
Posted: 7/26/2005 12:00:18 PM
Very simple.....NO

I think it would depend largely on how much love was remaining in the relationship on your part....or hate for that matter...and of course, the nature of the dream.

I know that my ex still dreams about me, as he has told me so..on many occasions. I feel for those that are going though this emotional termoil....but take comfort in the fact that it will eventually stop. If it continues, or consumes your total being and affects your day-to-day living...have you considered counselling? The benefits of counselling are highly under-rated...maybe give it a try?

Wish you's all the best!!
 brenda1963
Msg: 84
Posted: 7/27/2005 12:12:35 PM
hi i been divorce now 7 years i think on my exs many times threw the 7 years because i truey love him but as times go bye it not so bad it gets better i agree maybe seeing a doctor could help i wish you the best
 onthemoors
Msg: 85
Posted: 7/27/2005 9:40:14 PM
"its been eight years now. something is wrong with me. "

If you are still dreaming after 8 years you are trauma locked.
Yes something is wrong. And you can't fix it by yourself. You really need to see someone trained to help with this. Love yourself. Do not sacrifice your life to a memory.
 Dann01
Msg: 86
Posted: 7/28/2005 4:36:27 PM
So is contacting on ex because of dreams a good idea? About two months ago I had my appendix removed and a couple days after I started dreaming of my girlfriend. I sent her an email about a 3 weeks and have recieved a couple replies that I was confused from. Mostly why she didn't think we should talk, but I explained it to her yesterday and haven't heard from her yet. Think this was smart, especially since she is married and has a family?
 brainsandbeauty
Msg: 87
Posted: 7/28/2005 6:01:12 PM
It was surprising to see how many men still dream about their exs. Its been over a yr since my divorce and on the nights I dont dream of him I am soooo happy. The best cures I found to be are a good **** and Xanex.
 slimfunny
Msg: 88
Posted: 7/29/2005 5:23:51 AM
dream?.....no....wonder how they are, what they are doing how life is going for them perhaps, but dream ...no.....been there, done that, am not going to go there again.
normally when people dream about thier ex, all they remember is the good times,...always forgetting the reason that they are called EX in the first place...try dreaming of the bad times for a while and that should cure anyone about thier ex.
 Babylonia
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:04:44 AM
I used to when I wasn't over the break up but I rarely, if ever, do now. I did have one dream of him a few months back where we were standing in a crowd and he kept trying to get my attention by calling my name and I huddled into my friends' circle and begged them to let me hide. That was scary. The feeling I always got when dreaming of him was forboding, scared, wanting to run, wanting to hide.

But then again, the SOB was abusive, so it is understandable.

Gawd I dislike that waste of DNA.
 Babylonia
Msg: 90
Posted: 7/29/2005 6:13:06 AM
^^Yeah, I guess mine were nightmares too because I would wake up with my heart racing.

Gosh, imagine affecting someone so negatively that they have nightmares about you? How horrible. The sick part of it all is that they don't realize just how monstrous they are/were.

Jag12341
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/29/2005 8:07:48 AM
Its been 15 years and on occasion I will have a nightmare about my ex.
She was truely evil.
Not ****y...there is a difference. In the dream I know that there is something wrong and I try so hard to get out of it. If I am lucky..there is a warm body next to me to give a kiss to and aprreciate them for what they are. I'd pay good money to have her erased from my brain.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 7/29/2005 12:10:18 PM
Not unless I am having a nightmare.
 susieq321
Msg: 93
Posted: 7/29/2005 9:19:27 PM
I thought that was just me.... I would flash on entire conversations or situations, memories that come up unbidden without warning. I have been experiencing it for as long as we have been broken up now and I still dream about my ex boyfriend at times....

I have no idea when my dreams of my ex will stop, they aren't unpleasant but you wonder how many times your heart can break when you wake up. Or how many times it can break when you are awake.

It has been 18 months now.... I think the dreams and the memories/waking dreams will stop when I fall in love again, at least I hope they will. There are days when I questioned how close to the edge I was and what it would take to step back instead of forward.

At least the edge iof sanity s no longer right in front of me, it seems like it in the distance and I hope I never end up that close to the edge again.
 leafyone
Msg: 94
Posted: 7/29/2005 9:37:11 PM
Every night for 5 years.......but not always good things.........lets say revenge is sweet
My dreams have made me do alot of thinking
 leafyone
Msg: 95
Posted: 7/29/2005 9:46:47 PM
it's a good thing i have my sanity, .....i'm far from whacked, couldn't hurt a fly, but as the song goes......."his face it hunts my most pleasant dreams" ......Life sucks sometimes, but ya gotta keep goin.....Thats what it's all about.
 snoopy81
Msg: 96
Posted: 7/29/2005 10:41:29 PM
i have dreams about my ex just about every night. i think it's just because we didn't really break up for a reason...it was because of his mother(frickin mama's boys lol). i see him often because we have a daughter and i find myself still wondering if we could've made it work...
 Red Danube
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:31:20 AM
all the time

but it will come to pass

done is done

time moves on
 suetemple0523
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:06:45 AM
Wow, that hit home just reading the subject of your message.

I constantly have dreams about my ex and its no fun. See, he abused me several times, whether is was verbal, mental or physical it all hurt the same. However, I married him for a reason and that reason was because I loved him with all my heart, - scary thing is that I still do to a fault. He has been on probation for 2 yrs, in jail for violating his probation and he is just not the same person I married - not at all........yet I continue with dreams- I have to be dreaming of the man I married, not the jerk he is now. God I miss him, I really do, but he died long ago.......the person he is now is a monster. I keep hearing, time heals, but I want that to be now. Its been 2 1/2 yrs already and I've considered hypnotis, as a matter of fact I'm still looking into it. I just want to live my life and stop hoping for the past. I realize tigers dont change their stripes - reality is like smoke through my fingers, I just cant grasp it.

Anyway thanks for listening, I just wanted to put in my experience as well :) -Susan
 medana
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:42:34 AM
i do... at times they r answers to question i ask during meditiation, other times they r subconscious desires or thoughts i have but block during waking hours....

when i was trying to get over him i would do my best to extirpate thoughts of him because it was too painful and i was trying to help myself forget and heal somehow....

as a result it took over my dreams and my art... i would have vivid, strange dreams of him every night, and every poem i wrote eventually twisted back to him.... eventually i had to get in touch with and accept my true feelings and not run away from them, it was getting me very tired, like i was at constant war with myself.

now i only dream of him when i wonder what he's doing. usually the dream shows me.

most times if u write the dream down u know what it is about. the way u formulate and phrases and choose words brings the subconscious to conscious awareness.
 medana
Msg: 100
Posted: 8/3/2005 10:50:43 AM
susan,

i can relate to yours a lot.... i also felt the man i knew had died somehow. people change, and sometimes it is hard to accept the other person's choices, and while it is very painful, who r we to choose for someone else. so we try to forget and blame ourselves for still giving a damn. i know exactly what u mean, hun.

i do recommend hypnosis, but rather as a way to find where the hook lies. usually it has thigns to do with childhood harmed patterns and memories, parent-child relationships etc. and more than hypnosis i recommend hollographic repatterning. it brings such issues from ur subconcious to ur conscious mind and it is very gratifying. it's like ur arm hurts and u dont know why... one day u look and see a splinter, and the pain is no longer vague but u know exactly where it hurts and why, u can take the friggin splinter out and start healing ur wound with medication aimed for that type of wound.

sounds crazy, but it works.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?