Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cranbrook2
Msg: 101
DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
no i don,t dream about my ex and i don,t understand why people do...move on (believe in yourself) why torture yourself there,s always someone better out there...if you have kids spend your time thinking about them ! in the end you will realize that is all the matters.
 suetemple0523
Msg: 102
DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?
Posted: 8/3/2005 1:01:45 PM
Oh come on now, like we can control it? Dont sound so superficial about it, some people have a very hard time. I think the reason I do is because I'll never understand what drove hin to do the things he did. Its hard dude!
 cranbrook2
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/3/2005 1:47:51 PM
sorry but i am not a weak minded person.when i decide to do something i just do it.i have been divorced for 20 yrs .i still get along great with her .i do all the work on her house whenever she needs it.she also remarried and has another daughter. it does not bother me one bit...i decided at a early age that i would not let my divorce affect my 2 kids and it didn,t.just because you can,t love someone doesnt mean you have to hate them.
 suetemple0523
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:43:58 AM
Im not a weak minded person either. As a matter of fact I am divorced twice, the first one was fine, I never regretted my decision on divorcing, we also remain friends and I'm good friends with his new wife. After all she is my daughters step-mom. We go shopping, have lunch and talk alot. It may sound weird to be like that with her, but I prefer it as opposed to fighting or being bitter. I divorced him and they are happy - more power to them.

However my 2nd one is a different story- he abused me badly and I'll never condone what he did- when you make a vow to love in sickness and health and take care of each other that does not include abuse. It came out of no where and thats what I'll never understand. Why do you fight my words?????
 mymojjo
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/4/2005 6:05:45 AM
Definitely have dreamt about ex's...usually if we didn't get to say everything in the breakup, the dreams are my opportunity for closure, usually to express how much i loved the person....without having to do it in a break-up, which is just messy and prolongs the inevitable. The dreams go away...one b-friend I dreamt about for 2 years (way too long, he was a tough one to get over), another for a few months. One I dreamt about whenever he would come to town...wierd, like I knew he was around.

Be careful not to indulge yourself though....if dreams- or day dreams- stay around really intensely for more than a few months you should try and distance yourself....you could create a fantasy life where you are living off of the chemical rushes you create in your dreams. Try building new memories, date just for fun, etc to replace the void the dream is filling. And whenever you start day-dreaming about the person, yell at yourself to stop or give yourself some other type of negative reinforcement. Sounds hokey, but if it works for dogs, it works for people hung up over their ex's.
 UK_Nicky
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/4/2005 6:15:05 AM
i split from my ex almost a year ago, i still dream about him, in the dreams i am trying to hide that i am back with him. i think this was because he was a jack a$$ in real life.
 Dolphin8755
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/4/2005 6:38:21 AM
NO, NO and NO.

Deb.
 cranbrook2
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:04:52 AM
@ sue temple i am sorry to hear that you were abused...i think that is very sad and no woman should ever put up with that... its is important to keep a good relationship with your ex for the kids sake if its possible...i was just too young when i got married and i couldn,t blame anyone but myself. its not fair for the kids to suffer ...life is hard enough for them... i only wish the best for you and anyone else that is in that situation.
 suetemple0523
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/4/2005 7:09:31 AM
I'd say !
 buzzingbee
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/25/2005 12:33:34 AM
Passed that PHASE long long long time ago

bzzzzzzzzzz
 stubobb
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:16:12 AM
Phase my ass..

Most of my exes were top shelf 'lookers' and awesome lovers. I was in 'show biz' from my teens up untill around thirty, I'm talking access to fantasy babes.
Makes for some steamy dreams, and those I really enjoy. Mmmm, yum!

As far as 'The Ex', we don't get along at all. But the only time she pops into a dream is to get busy with a vengeance!
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/25/2005 8:20:11 AM
nope - never dream about the ex - I do have these disturbing recurring dreams about Byrd in a min-skirt - that's cause for a lobotomy...
 lonleygirl
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:29:03 AM
all the time dont fight it your subconciuos is trying to sort out things that are to painful to think about. besides hes been way better in my dreams than he ever was in real life! and i have gotten to kill his new girlfriend like 10 times which has been very rewarding and kept me from doing somethig stupid in real life!
 Páñ†hérrrrr64²°°¹™
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/25/2005 1:43:06 PM
DREAMS: simply your brains way of reshuffling the events of recent days/weeks into vacant spots in your headspace. ( translate into: defragging!) Makes for some pretty interesting dreams some days.
My Ex and I got divorced over 10 years ago and he still invades my dreams occassionally. Some in a good way ( there were some good times) and some cuz he still annoys me! ( We have children so he'll always be in my head in SOME way) Do I dream of him because I still care? HELL NO. I wouldn't want to wish him any ill will but I could give a rat's butt about what he does as long as it doesn't affect my children.
Good luck in adapting. It gets easier.
 Blastkist
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/25/2005 11:20:35 PM
I have dreamt of my ex twice that I recall. They were about resolving the inner conflict of the betrayal he caused. They were cathartic dreams. I was grateful for them, although they were somewhat painful. I don't remember my dreams almost ever but those two I remember having for sure.
 mentor1a
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2005 12:10:56 AM
I always dream about this girl, and it kills me. If only I had realized how I much I really loved her while we were together...

She ruined the last three years of my life, because I keep seeing her in other girls, and I just cannot rid of her no matter how hard I try...

I'm over the fact that I still want her, so now I'm moving on to actually forgetting about her existence...is this even possible?
 Hard Rock Princess
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/26/2005 12:17:23 AM
I dream about he all the time,it is called NIGHTMARES.LOL.
 stubobb
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:11:14 AM
So I guess I'm the only one who has enjoyable dreams involving exes, no matter how vile they are in real life.
God, that's depressing. I was just starting to think I wasn't such a freak, LOL!
 Mikey455
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:20:43 AM
NO.
 ShaunaDanielle
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/27/2005 1:53:38 PM
I dream about him alot :(
 IronSlasher72484
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2007 2:34:47 PM
My Ex and I parted ways after a 6 year relationship. She was my first…… everything
It has been 8 months since. I just awoke from a dream where she and I got back together. I held her tightly in my arms and awoke with tears in my eyes and the most terrible sadness when I realized it was all a dream. What the hell must I do to make this stop! I can’t help but feel a part of me is missing.
 atlast
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/6/2007 2:43:48 PM
If I dream about women, I dream about pleasant, nice women. Not hateful, nasty, self-absorbed shrews. Actually, none of my exes are like that.
 IvyCoe
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/6/2007 8:14:21 PM
i've never been married, but yes i still do from time to time
 hrny
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/6/2007 8:40:01 PM
i still dream about my ex and we've been divorced ten years now , just feels like a hole burning right through you all the time ,i tend to try and get on with my life but the pain is always there and sometimes i wonder if it will ever go away.
 MichelBowman
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/6/2007 8:47:39 PM
No, but I bet she dreams of me:)
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > DO YOU DREAM ABOUT YOUR EX?