Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Red heads...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hallowedwarrior
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Red heads...Page 3 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
red hair, pale, freckles is like the almighty trinity. However the problem with being a red head is your either hot as hell, or you end up on the other end of the spectrum, there is usually little or no wiggle room.
 45nicegirl
Msg: 52
Red heads...
Posted: 9/11/2007 5:09:19 PM
Redheads are special, unique & very hot & sexy. We're good in bed. Our skin is sensitive, so we feel sensation a lot more. Once you have a redhead, you will be spoiled for life! I am a true redhead & I am feisty, but I don't have a bad temper.
 cdnrednk
Msg: 53
Red heads...
Posted: 9/11/2007 6:44:06 PM
I didn't think I was really that attracted to red heads... Untill recently!
Have started talking to a red head on here, and from what I've seen... She's absolutely gorgeous, and I actually like her hair! The plan is to meet in about 10 days so its deffinately going well!.
I used to be all about the brunettes even tho yes, blondes are deffinately attractive... I really can't say I have a favourite tho.
 OnceaSanta
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 6:43:12 AM

And did u know that real blondes are a minority as well?

Not where I grew up in Northern Minnesota. Maybe that is why I only dated one blonde seriously and the rest were brunettes.

Dated one little Irish lass names Maureen, that is one that I wish i had not let get away.
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 55
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:11:46 AM

might have something to do with the fact that redheads have a notorious reputation for being very wild in bed.

Really? News to me!

Maybe I should start letting my hair grow long enough for people to see the red tinge. Or does the reputation only apply to women?
 SoLongThanksForAllTheFish
Msg: 56
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:22:54 AM

Though oddly enough, red facial hair seems to be dominant among men of Irish descent... Dark as it may be, it's a distinct shade of red given a full beard, no matter how dark the hair on the head might be.

Not just Irish, Celtic generally. My reddish-brown hair (and much more reddish beard, just as you said) come from my mother's side of the family, which is partly Welsh and not at all Irish.

And yes, mom was a stereotypical fiery-tempered redhead in her youth...

Can't say I'm especially attracted to redheads, on the other hand, but I've known lots of other guys who are.
 Robbie469
Msg: 57
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 9:54:23 AM
I think of red heads like a Ferrari Testarossa....rare, exotic & sexy. Also, the Testarossa name means "red head" in Italian.
 Krimiariver
Msg: 58
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 3:02:04 PM
45nicegirl wrote:

Redheads are special, unique & very hot & sexy. We're good in bed. Our skin is sensitive, so we feel sensation a lot more. Once you have a redhead, you will be spoiled for life! I am a true redhead & I am feisty, but I don't have a bad temper.

Redheads are very unique, so unique that when I see one I think of my 16 year old very redheaded daughter and that pretty much ends that. If anything, it's blondes and brunettes for this guy from now on.
 kickoutthejams
Msg: 59
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 3:49:46 PM
A girl came to my school from Ireland and instantly struck a chord with the North Africans in Belgium.

I dunno why but they were entranced by her red hair,I guess it's as so many girls dye their hair blonde and they're culture is one with black hair.

Red hair is seldom fake and very rare.

I think red hair can be very attractive,it's just like any other grouping like Blonde hair or brown eyes,

it all depends on the girl herself,
 AsterixGM
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 4:00:42 PM
My fantasy woman would have red hair, blue eyes, large breasts, rich, borderline nympho and be faithful only to me. too bad such a woman doesn't exist...
 kickoutthejams
Msg: 61
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 4:20:28 PM
If I had to say,I find red hair and green eyes to be stunning.

They really set each other off
 rara_avis77
Msg: 62
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 5:53:26 PM
Red is a colour that really stands out and captures people's attention. Maybe that's why a lot of men are attracted to red hair.
 fieryRN
Msg: 63
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:00:51 PM
Have to put up my 2 cents on this, being that I'm a redhead

Every man I have dated says that they have wanted to be with a redhead. When asked why, they have had the same responses most of the men have put up here ie: it's a rarity, fiery attitude, brains, wild in bed, etc.

Some men have admitted that we are intimidating.......why?!?!?!?!

I used to hate being a redhead. The name calling in school was awful!! But as I've gotten older, I've grown to love it. Where were all you men with a thing for redheads earlier in my life lol. I get people who say "wow, you have beautiful hair". Then when they continue to talk, they realize that I have blue eyes as well. This is a truely rare recessive trait and the percentage of redheads with blue eyes is extremely low.

As for all the stereotypical things: some redheads fit it, some don't. All of them that I've known through the years have had awesome personalities though!!! And we aren't all crazy bipolar nutcases.......but don't piss us off, that's for sure!!! I'm very easygoing until someone crosses me........then watch out.
 foreverpinky48
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/12/2007 8:47:17 PM
I'm a redhead. Was almost carrot top when I was younger and the freckles ran together to give me a tan. (both irish and scottish heritage waaaayyyy back). Brutal being a redheaded girl. One fav rhyme everyone chanted was "Red red pee'd the bed, 5 cents a cabbage head"....and then re the freckles...."Did someone thrown dog poop through the screen door at you?!)

As I aged and had babies, my hair went darker...but still red. I'd be rich if I had a dollar for everytime a guy would ask "Are you a true redhead"...so I think that's where the excitement comes in...the fact that the pubes are red! go figure.

Now my daughter has a beautiful head of shiny red hair (which she dyes all colours of the rainbow) but it irks me when they ask her where she gets her red hair from and I'm standing right beside her. I almost got fired a couple of years ago for having an unnatural shade of hair...can you imagine? From a very large Canadian Food Chain.

One last thought...fiery temper or feisty? Probably the scottish/irish thingy happening and not really the colour of hair.
imho
Pinky
 Jayderaven
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 8:33:16 AM

had one for dinner tonight...she was excellent lol

Lucky red!

*lol*
 max44b
Msg: 66
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 11:04:55 AM
I heard 4% but still a vast minority. I also read something recently that red hair is a recessive gene and in 100 years there won't be any more red heads...tragic.

LOVE red heads
HATE bottled red heads (hate is a strong word....well.. just don't find it very attractive)

Having had relationships with 3 red heads, their 'spirit' is a great thing sometimes (you know where) and can absolutely work against you when they get upset...gotta take the good with the bad!
 Schadenfreudian
Msg: 67
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 12:00:36 PM
[in my best Homer Simpson voice] mmmmmmm....[insert hair color here!]......
 ItsMargo
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 1:46:09 PM

This is a truely rare recessive trait and the percentage of redheads with blue eyes is extremely low.

Is it really? I had no idea. I have blue eyes too.
 shane39
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 2:11:49 PM
Red heads have all the fun. Ya, I'm a male with red hair. I'm not bias.
 trooperbill
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 2:28:27 PM
women with red hair are hot... shame ginger blokes like me get the polar opposite response from women lol...

look up a documentary titled "**** off im ginger" all the findings are in there and its a funny tale too (tho a bit depressing if your a guy... you'll see why) !

mark
 Krimiariver
Msg: 71
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 2:53:43 PM
So Pinky, being Canadian, have you read "Anne of Green Gables"? The tv movie was great, especially dealing with the red hair issue.

My 16 year old daughter and her mom both have red hair and blue eyes. When she was a baby and with her mom it was obvious that the apple did not fall too far from the true. I don't know if it is true with you, Pinky, but my daughter and her mom love each other dearly, but do the sparks ever fly between the two of them with their fiery redhead natures. When my daughter and her boyfriend were out for ice cream she thought she saw him check out another girl and she ripped him a new one. I pity the fool who messes with her. Oh, and we were watching a tv show and somebody commented about whether the carpet matched the drapes and I asked her if she knew what that meant and she said "yes" and now I understand why. I sure wouldn't have known that when I was 16.
 45nicegirl
Msg: 72
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 5:47:46 PM
asterixgm: You're describing me. Only difference: I have brown eyes....
 makewayforwilly
Msg: 73
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 9:11:10 PM
MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.. Redheads! Dont get me started! Nasty, dirty, kinky, sexy REDHEADS! Just dont piss em off! Their intensity can be good as well as evil.
 ~Hydro~
Msg: 74
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 9:53:21 PM
Our infatuation with red heads all can be blaimed on Shirley Manson of Garbage.

Absolutely Delicious!

2 girls short of a 3some
Msg: 75
Red heads...
Posted: 9/13/2007 10:24:53 PM

I get the same thing...all the time...and what I ask is "where the heck were you guys when I was in high school??!!"

I was in highschool as well - being rejected by the redheads
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Red heads...