Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Red heads...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sevenswords
Msg: 76
Red heads...Page 4 of 17    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)
I think it has to do with how many there are, like, there's alot of blonds and brunettes... but not nearly as many red heads
 spacedog72
Msg: 77
Red heads...
Posted: 9/14/2007 12:00:31 AM

Lucky red!

*lol*

i just caught that....lol
 BeccaJ1980
Msg: 78
Red heads...
Posted: 9/14/2007 5:57:39 AM
i know y'all are asking the guys, but i can't help but put my two cents in here..i am all about a red headed guy...i don't know what it is, but there's just something about them. :) yummy!!
Becca
 Jayderaven
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/14/2007 6:15:56 AM

This is a truely rare recessive trait and the percentage of redheads with blue eyes is extremely low.

Is it really? I had no idea. I have blue eyes too.

Ditto - well, mine are primarily blue, but at times of high emotion (anger, passion, etc), they turn green. Go figure... I call it my "early warning signal"
 Apocalypso
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/14/2007 7:05:24 AM
I guess I'm about shy or self confident as the next guy but when I see a red head every bone in my body will urge me to say 'hello'.

I remember a picture of a tank from WWII, on it was painted: This tank stops for all blondes and brunettes and will back up 50 yards for a red head.
 stigster
Msg: 81
Red heads...
Posted: 9/14/2007 9:47:58 AM
Ever since watching Maureen O`Hara portraying a independent high spirited women who i thought was just the most beautiful women in the world i have always had a soft spot for a women with red hair..Im naturally attracted to Irish and Scottish women i guess..
 JackelDrew123
Msg: 82
Red heads...
Posted: 9/14/2007 2:54:09 PM
God, I don't know, I can't explain it, but YES, I love red heads. I have never really thought about it, but if I walk into a class room with ten girls, which can happen a lot as an English major, I will always notice the red head first!

I hate to generalize and assume, but personal experience has always been the red head who was outspoken, interesting, quirky, upfront, funny, beautiful, and totally not interested in me :). Also, someone mentioned high school, I knew a few red heads then but to my ever loving anguish I didn't notice them then, it wasn't until later I realized my epic folly. God, I hate to stereotype them but it just turns out like that. I guess red heads somehow wrap the qualities of women that I appricate and notice most into one awesome person.

Also, just a side note, the Irish or Scottish accent is fantastic, as stigster stated, and Maureen O'Hara made The Quiet Man.
 Red2314
Msg: 83
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 11:03:54 AM
Borne a curly carrot-top, miserable being an orange-haired teen, mellowed to a quite bright orange-auburn curls, a pleasant color which in my twenties had men stop me on the street (where were THEY in high school?). Through my 30's that happened too, but by then they were asking "what box did that come out of? love for my (wife/gf) to be a redhead". I was amazed at the disappointment when I said it grew out of my head (as if my palor and freckles weren't proof enough). By my forties, with my temples whitening, I could tell those inquisitive, #111 - and now, just crossing fifty can't find #111 (laughter) so mix my own and darker than fire orange, so not to scare the horses or those ignorant of CĂșchulainn - and with the internet, the bold, unreasonable affront is, "are you red all over?" as if a natural redhead is as pre-packaged as a box. [Oh yes, I know the crassness had nothing to do with curiosity.] Nevertheless, the redhead is a fine gene and believe there's some fiery truth in most of the stereotypes, at least they are good for a laugh. 'Tis just gossip, aye, but true history: passionate, capable, responsible - even warrior-women were valued and the Celts have been everywhere.
 Master irisheagle
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 12:39:57 PM
This has Probably been said a million times,
but from my conversations with my Buds over the years,
it's mostly Due to the fact thay are a lot kinkier behind closed
Doors and seem more exotic and freckles are just so cute.
To me, i have noticed alot with an irish descent, albeit small sometimes,
but that's an attraction as well for me.

Although my ex was a redhead and very attractive to look at,
She wasn't half as adventerous as my strawberry baby is now.
As with any color you have numerous personalities, some laid back,
some are just plain ole' Go-getters, so i don't make a judgement based on that,
But so far it holds quite true!!
But i too seem attracted to the redish color as well as the Brunettes,
more so then the Bottle or natural blondes.

My Worst enemy is a woman With short, red/strawberry with
some meat to them bones to grab ahold of, With the fiestyness of an irish lass......OMG....droolling*~~~

Now where is that little baby of mine...

I'm in the mood for love
Simply because you're near me
Funny, but when you're near me
I'm in the mood for love

just my 2 pence
 wodehousefan2
Msg: 85
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 3:14:28 PM
There is no gene for red hair. The gene which causes red hair is the gene which causes blonde hair, but it has a defect in it. The defect which causes red hair is often accompanied by defects on nearby genes which produce a high sex drive. Red heads often tend to be quite horny. I know of one 84 year old red headed woman who was still having some kind of sex-alone and with a partner-right up until about a week before she died. I walked in on her in the middle of it a few times while caring for her. Such strong sex drives are not so common to blondes/brunettes.
 shyguy1981x
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 3:33:17 PM
Red heads just have something about them that do it for some guys. For example ,its like white chicks who date me so I can be their first asian, lol.
 tjay14u
Msg: 87
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 3:47:58 PM
Well............

Had a red head once. She was a preachers daughter.. The combination was

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 taramsue
Msg: 88
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 4:47:20 PM
It was tough growing up as a red head, but man oh man when I grew up, I went from the ugly duckling to a graceful swan...It's all worth it now. I like this topic...and I must say that it IS TRUE about the sex drive...I am insasiable...but still looking for a wonderful man who is willing to try to keep up.
 Krimiariver
Msg: 89
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 5:46:34 PM

There is no gene for red hair. The gene which causes red hair is the gene which causes blonde hair, but it has a defect in it. The defect which causes red hair is often accompanied by defects on nearby genes which produce a high sex drive. Red heads often tend to be quite horny. I know of one 84 year old red headed woman who was still having some kind of sex-alone and with a partner-right up until about a week before she died. I walked in on her in the middle of it a few times while caring for her. Such strong sex drives are not so common to blondes/brunettes.

As the father of a 16 year old red haired daughter, this is NOT what I wanted to hear. Her mother is also has red hair and it is very true.
 libbyv
Msg: 90
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 5:53:09 PM
I have red highlights in my hair, natural. And I have a temper to go with it.

A person should want to stay on my good side.
 nailbeater
Msg: 91
Red heads...
Posted: 9/17/2007 6:13:08 PM
Its most likely because we always think of that Springsteen song It takes a red headed woman to get a dirty job done
 GreeneyedAmazon
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 11:42:32 AM
I have a dark red auburn color, and I get alot of guys who say they only date red heads, is that the truth or just a line they say to all red heads? LOL Just messin.

Cathy
 Coach_reds
Msg: 93
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 11:47:34 AM
red heads kick ass.... I've had an attraction to them since early high school, but never dated one. I would like to but I dunno 2 red heads dating each other??? i dunno if that's allowed by nature...

steve
 Coach_reds
Msg: 94
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 11:49:08 AM
oh and its more rare for red heads to have brown eyes. green and blue are more common
 NahlahBoo
Msg: 95
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 1:27:12 PM
In my genetics class in college they said red hair was genetically linked to blue eyes, so green and brown are very rare (I was always jelouse of green eye'd red heads). And for the record, all the hype about us red heads being quick tempered or otherwise firey, are all lies.

We're all sweet and innocent (Until you piss us off)
 GreeneyedAmazon
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 1:34:26 PM
Well I have the green eyes and , of course I agree with you NAHLAHBOO, we are very sweet, until you do us wrong, then watch out.....LOL

Cathy
 Coach_reds
Msg: 97
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 1:44:45 PM
only time red headed women are sweet and innocent is when they get their way or sleeping. I have 2 red headed sisters and a few red headed female friends, yeah i've experienced the attitudes lol
 justcallmecrazy
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 1:47:57 PM
Reds are invariably more insaner than the average female.
In my experience. Never met one that wasn't a complete psycho. Sometimes that's a good thing.

What weird i my hair is dark blonde/lite brown, but my beard grows in reddish.
My great aunt on my dad's side was a red head.

lol same boat as you man, but i can't think of any redheads at all in my family, but maybe some of them were before grey lol.

my hair grows in all colours, like on my arms and legs are all really light blonde (which i'm so grateful for), chest and nethers mostly more brown, and like you say dark blonde hair and more of a red beard. surprisingly it doesn't look as strange as it sounds.

and red heads are teh hotness.

Uncle Fist
Msg: 99
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 2:49:14 PM
Firecrotch is great. It's got to be natural, though.

It's not like blonde. You can be an unnatural blonde and still pull it off. But while I absolutely love natural redheads, I hate fake ones.
 867love
Msg: 100
Red heads...
Posted: 6/19/2008 2:58:13 PM
my first girlfriend was a natural redhead been hooked ever since
of course i have been known to also lean towards brunette, blonde, strawberry, auburn, dishwater, frosty, dark, light, black, brown mousy, purple, pink, blue and shaved...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Red heads...