Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > anti-american and anti-christian on here      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acburbank97
Msg: 51
view profile
History
anti-american and anti-christian on herePage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
msquared you are correct, extremism is a dangerous road..I've just about been banned from speaking in my Suday School class b/c of my stance on Homosexuals.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 52
anti-american and anti-christian on here
Posted: 5/14/2005 7:25:38 AM
Our country is the best, my state is the best, and name one country we've conquered overun and stayed and made our own? "

Texas......Hawaii......Puerto Rico.....do I need to go further? How about the countries overthrown then having puppet dictators put in power?...you know there are a few of them too. I love the USA but LEARN about the FACTS not just PROPAGANDA
 acburbank97
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2005 1:04:08 PM
Marthon man...TEXAS!?
I really don't think you want to go down this road with me...
The Mexican gov contracted under Stephen F Austin to grant homesteads to American settlers coming into Texas. Excessive Taxes, control, the usual pre-revolutionary stuff, yada yada, the Texas War of Independence, Alamo, San Jacinto..you might have heard of all that. Then Texas was its own COuntry from 1836-1845, then came into the Union by TREATY not annexation...this means we have rites that no other state has.

Which countries did we overun, and set up puppet Gov's?

Puerto Rico is a US territory, and has been trying to get statehood for years...doesn't sound like they have a problem with us....

I think you are the one believing the hate America propaganda!!!

annoying isn't it?
 neolib
Msg: 54
Posted: 5/14/2005 1:16:24 PM
ac: just last year bush overthrew the democratically elected leader of Haiti (President Aristide)... had him kidnapped and flown to central africa so his textile magnate friend could take over because the government was causing him "trouble"...

SOMEONE shipped in 15,000 M-16 rifles to the Dominican Republic on the other side of the island and they "mysteriously" found their way into the hands of the Haitian rebels...

You're going to tell us THAT's not a "puppet government"?

You really should read and find out about this stuff. You're not getting the picture, my friend.
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 55
Posted: 5/14/2005 2:36:48 PM
Every country in the Americas is our puppet. What's new about that? You really should read and find out about this stuff. You're not getting the picture, my friend.
 acburbank97
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2005 2:50:23 PM
I won't pretend to be an expert on Haiti, I have a hard time even keeping up with which side is which...I remeber we supported Aristide b/c he was elected, then he went to the dark side or something so he had to go....just b/c we support one side or another does not make them a puppet...
I was talking El Salvador...
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 57
Posted: 5/14/2005 2:51:03 PM

by acburbank97

Dayum! Schools in the U.S. *are* worse than I thought!

(GOPers are succeeding in their efforts to turn this country into the most illiterate on the planet)
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 58
Posted: 5/14/2005 2:54:49 PM
So true. Those Ethiopians are kicking our asses at this "reading" thing.
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/14/2005 2:59:13 PM

So true. Those Ethiopians are kicking our asses at this "reading" thing.

It's f***ing sad when the only countries you can afford to compare to the U.S. to, are third world nations.

Shall I bring up another topic so you can make the U.S. seem better than it is right now, by comparing it to another third world nation?
 cowboytats
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2005 3:01:25 PM

Methinks it would be better to unlink the two issues, looks like a subtle attempt to align God with america and we all know as Christians God isn't american.

This deserves repeating, linking patriotism with Christianity is wrong and anti-american. I'm a liberal but that doesn't mean I'm not patriotic at all, I love this country and would fight and die for it if the need arrived. Let's get past this thing that if you don't agree with the government then you are anti-american. One of the greatest things about this country is that we all have the right to disagree with the government.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 61
Posted: 5/14/2005 3:20:50 PM
I really don't think you want to go down this road with me...
The Mexican gov contracted under Stephen F Austin to grant homesteads to American settlers coming into Texas. Excessive Taxes, control, the usual pre-revolutionary stuff, yada yada, the Texas War of Independence, Alamo, San Jacinto..you might have heard of all that. Then Texas was its own COuntry from 1836-1845, then came into the Union by TREATY not annexation...this means we have rites that no other state has.

Puerto Rico is a US territory, and has been trying to get statehood for years...doesn't sound like they have a problem with us....

I think you are the one believing the hate America propaganda!"

You really need to learn more about histroy vs propaganda.....the bulk of your post seem to lack historical knowledge...hence PERSPECTIVE.
Now, YOUR version of Texan history is a texan version for sure.It is NOT a Mexiacn version nor is it 1 with perspective.Lets see,Americans come to a land known to be owned by Mexico fight/steal it with other Americans and fed help...the territory remained out of Mexican control because of US federal help and the weakness of the Mexican army to defend its territory......the territory wasn't internationally recognized by all of Europe not that it would matter since it was bogus.But you are entittled to your version since I don't want to go back and forth on this issue.........when there are OTHERS

Lets see,how was Hawaii gained by the USA? How about Puerto Rico?

Puerto Rico is a US territory, and has been trying to get statehood for years...doesn't sound like they have a problem with us...."

Now,the point of THAT statement would be....?>>>>>?LOL
We KNOW PR is a US territory...that IS why I mentioned it........now if you think they have "no problem,its because once again you lack knowledge on a topic that you continue to make statements about.Somethings aren't on CNN all of the time.

care show your lack of knowledge on this topic further ....or do what suspect you will,look it up and try to spin it.Again...PERSPECTIVE........

I'm just saying and pardon me if I seem to be joking at your expense,that the statement you made about overunning a country and staying is ......WRONG

As far as Puppets...look at Cuba,Dominican Republic,Haiti,El Salvador,China(boxer rebellion),Phillipines,...need I continue?
Its NOT anti american to tell the truth...the truth will set you free
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 62
Posted: 5/14/2005 3:22:13 PM
Let's get past this thing that if you don't agree with the government then you are anti-american. One of the greatest things about this country is that we all have the right to disagree with the government"

Exactly!
 acburbank97
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2005 4:14:17 PM
Dayum!? is that one sylaable or two?
Is a representatvie Gov a puppet gov?
 acburbank97
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2005 4:27:25 PM
You really need to learn more about histroy vs propaganda.....the bulk of your post seem to lack historical knowledge...hence PERSPECTIVE.
Now, YOUR version of Texan history is a texan version for sure.It is NOT a Mexiacn version nor is it 1 with perspective.Lets see,Americans come to a land known to be owned by Mexico fight/steal it with other Americans and fed help...the territory remained out of Mexican control because of US federal help and the weakness of the Mexican army to defend its territory......the territory wasn't internationally recognized by all of Europe not that it would matter since it was bogus.But you are entittled to your version since I don't want to go back and forth on this issue.........when there are OTHERS
1) Of course it is not the Mexican version...they lost. About 1/3 of the Texans fighting for their independence were Tejanos also. What US help...it was a Texan Army (Tejano, Cajuns, various other states)etc.

2) Of course not all of Europe recgonized the Republic of Texas...some still didn't recognize the USA...so what.? There were however foreign reps in the Texas capitol at the time.

3) They INVITED us to settle it with land grants through Stephen F Austin...the Independence movement didn't start until after he returned froma Mexican Jail.

4) The war with Mexico was AFTER Texas joined the Union by treaty. (1848)

As stated before...in the Boxer rebellion the boxers wanted to throw everyone out...US, Britain...etc

so a representative gov is a puppet gov?
I may be wrong on some things, but not my TEXAS history....

THey/ Mexico still think Cal. is part of Mexico...
 jaxtuff
Msg: 65
Posted: 5/15/2005 8:33:00 AM
^^^good one AC^^^
Don't you love it when someone from Illinois tries to tell you the history of your state?
Actually, I've read that the number of Tejanos fighting for independance from Mexico was closer to 50%. They didn't like the high taxes either. HMMM,,,Taxation without representation?? Sounds like another revolution that took place in the 1770's.
 MajMikeW
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2005 8:54:42 AM
The Mexico that was rebelled against by Texas was a dictatorship, and not the (semi) democratic nation we know today. They claimed vast tracts of land some of which actually had settlers and some of which didn't, and like any such colonialist govt. some areas/groups desired independence. There were many hispanic Texans IN the Alamo as well as outside of it.

Now, as to comparing conquered/occupied areas, to compare modern events such as Haiti with events centuries old (Texas/Cali, etc) is wrong. There is no way our current govt/nation can be criticized for what happened so long ago, as the bumper sticker says "Sh*t Happens!". [If you take this past stuff far enough, one could argue that the South is an occupied nation] However, we can and should watch carefully modern events where we as a nation are coercing another country to be what we want them to be.

I hope Iraq, Haiti, et al can become democratic, stable countries and part of the family of nations on the world stage, but I realize that any democracy there will have a flavor all it's own, based on the culture of the nation which creates it.

MajMike
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 67
Posted: 5/15/2005 9:09:19 AM

1) Of course it is not the Mexican version...they lost. About 1/3 of the Texans fighting for their independence were Tejanos also. What US help...it was a Texan Army (Tejano, Cajuns, various other states)etc.

Of course. The U.S. stole the land. Only right wingers pretend it isn't so. At least you partly admit it. What you don't admit is that whites were populating Mexico (Texas, as you now call it), and felt it was theirs because, well, they wanted it, that's all.

The next admission will have to be the constant colonization of other countries by the U.S. You know, whereby the U.S. becomes a fungus upon the nation in question.
 tonyki100
Msg: 68
Posted: 5/15/2005 9:27:46 AM
Well at least at teh start BELLS was kind enough to offer her opinion on this,,,and a few others,,,all i asked was why there seems to be so much hatred,,not likeing the currant admin i can understand that(i wasnt too fond of the Clinton admin)but again a lot of posts i see on here the view that comes across is that some really hate the US,even though they live there,,and yet worship Europe,,even on here there is alot about what teh US may have done in teh past,,,,,if you want to look at the past Europes history has a LOT more blood and invasion etc etc.

as for the Christian part again i asked why there is soo much hatred against anyone who says they are Christian,,calling it a fairy tale or rileing against the new pope and stuff like that,all im asking is where this anger is comeing from,,thats all..not meant to be offensive or anything,,im jsut curious,,,
thanks to those who replied in acivilized manor,,as for teh others ahwell,such is such.
 dapi_editor
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2005 9:27:50 AM
You know, I thought you Yanks were multicultural, multi ethnic and multi religious. But, I increasingly see your government, political and religious leaders acting like more and more like Ieyasu Tokugawa. He is the Shogun portrayed in James Clavell's novel of the same name. He united Japan by returning the country to the good ol' days, foisting off his authorized version of religion and creating an official underclass. He also demonized the foreigners living amongst the Japanese and put them into convenient ghettos. He was also the role model for General Tojo. And we all know what he did!

Maybe it's time the United States became a third world country and your neighbours to the North and South took preeminence as the leaders of the developed world.
 sealacamp
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/15/2005 9:49:02 AM

Just want to ask why is there sooo much anti-America and anti-Christian sentiments on here???

Misconceptions, misunderstandings, just another day on the battlefield.
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 71
Posted: 5/15/2005 9:56:09 AM

the Christian part again i asked why there is soo much hatred against anyone who says they are Christian,,calling it a fairy tale or rileing against the new pope and stuff like that,all im asking is where this anger is comeing from,,thats all..not meant to be offensive or anything,,im jsut curious,,,

I'm not sure why you're asking this, considering that Christians work as a multi-headed, hugely large monster, voting in fools like GW Bush. Christians are a huge, tightly-knit organization trying to impose the New Testament upon this country as law. Don't they have all that power you can be pleased with? Why worry about those who don't like it?
 tonyki100
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/15/2005 10:37:47 AM
so then i ask again,,,,,WHERE does the hatred for Christians come from?
Myself i am Christian and proud of it,,but i respect other religions,i do NOT cut them down or say they are wrong or try to impose my views on them...we talk about the differemces yes,but i dont say im right and your wrong,,
 SaritaTallahassee
Msg: 73
Posted: 5/15/2005 10:39:23 AM

so then i ask again,,,,,WHERE does the hatred for Christians come from?
Myself i am Christian and proud of it,,but i respect other religions,i do NOT cut them down or say they are wrong or try to impose my views on them...we talk about the differemces yes,but i dont say im right and your wrong,,

Tony, I kinda think I said it. Christians are trying to force everyone to be Christian, and when everyone refuses, they try to turn the New Testament into laws everyone must follow. People don't take that lightly.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 74
Posted: 5/15/2005 11:26:06 AM
1) Of course it is not the Mexican version...they lost. About 1/3 of the Texans fighting for their independence were Tejanos also. What US help...it was a Texan Army (Tejano, Cajuns, various other states)etc."

You know little about the hisotry beyond the superficial spin.
1)Estimates are between 75-95% of those fighting the Mexican army were AMERICAN citizens.Sam Houston was an American who had only even been in Texas 4 yrs before the fighting began! He was an American agent with arms supplied by the US. There are US historians who believe part of his deal to get out of jail was to go to Texas and help STEAL it from Mexico.Simple He'd ONLY been in Texas less than 1 mo.BEFORE he 1st joined and addressed an ant-Mexican fed group.Austin was an American.Tavis was an american.

2) Of course not all of Europe recgonized the Republic of Texas...some still didn't recognize the USA...so what.? There were however foreign reps in the Texas "

Simply NOT TRUE Yes,there was a British rep. NOT an ambassador

They INVITED us to settle it with land grants through Stephen F Austin...the Independence movement didn't start until after he returned froma Mexican Jail."

Houston was in an American Jail until '31-32(not sure)for beating a man with a cane this was a very political trail that lasted quite some time,he left JAIL and went of all places a place he'd never been....TEXAS where he IMMEDIATLY began starting trouble.He was a drunken opportunist.The opportunist is opinion based upon facts,the DRUNK is just FACT.

Again you really don't know your history.
1)Mexico received its Indepence in '21 and went through 4 different governments in the next 30yrs
2)Mexico offered land grants to some Americans in '23 FACT
3)Mexico STOPPED offering them in '30 AND made the emmigration American settlers illegal that yr! FACT
4)In 31 Austin got ammunition and cannons from the USA he was caught moving them into Texas in '32 ....the 1st battle between Americans in Texas and Mexico was THEN
5)After being in American Jail Houston was released and moved to Texas in 31 or 32(I don't remember)
6)Austin and Houston both were Virginians who's families were plantation oweners FACT
7)Texas fit 2 purposes to Americans a)manifest destiny(some Americans believed it was their destiny to own the continent particularly coast2coast. b)Slave state ....the issue of slavery was a big political battle in the 1820's-40's since the British had long since abolished it Por slavers Tyler,Harrisson and Polk wanted Texas
8)Silly who "Texans" think Texas gained independence in '36 why? Mexico didn't sign a treaty ceeding Texas until AFTER the US-Mexican War
9)Their were battles over Texas as i've stated from 1832-1848 This notion that there was Texan independence after '36 is bogous! The battles continued until after the US Invasion!
10)In '45 Texas was annexed by the USA follow the timeline!
11)Adding insult in '45 President Polk offered the Mexican govt. money for part of Texas,NewMexico AND California....Mexico of course refused
12) In 1845 the USA invaded Mexico past the Rio Grande and took Mexico City by '47
13)Texas sided with the Confederates in the civil war

Did the US "overun" and occupy Texas?Figure it out!
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/15/2005 7:23:35 PM

Maybe it's time the United States became a third world country and your neighbours to the North and South took preeminence as the leaders of the developed world.

Well, I'd like to keep our industries going, but I'm certainly supportive of our crybaby neighbors actually doing more than just complaining. Sounds good!
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > anti-american and anti-christian on here