Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Angels for maddy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 claire2282
Msg: 51
Angels for maddyPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well i think it is. What if family and friends see it.....if it makes them smile again then it's worthwhile, don't you think?
 ~Leannie~
Msg: 52
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 2:43:15 PM
you think that seeing a few pixels on a dating site would make them smile after losing their daughter????
 DonnyRovers
Msg: 53
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 2:46:07 PM
I think it will show that the world isn't a completely bad place and there is support everywhere.
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 2:46:41 PM
I'd say it does look quite gimmicky-and- a bit like if you have a following of people who actually appreciate you,they will show off and put a maddy angel up also .
( or for whatever computer keyboard picture you put up)

It acknowledges you think their profiles groovy and so are they.(to impress each other.)

(For those who lost someone to cancer-perhaps the ribbon is a different story?)-

Some people fill their whole profile up with them, you'd think they are frustrated latent artists that haven't been recognised yet.(the thing not to embarass them with is- it's a copy,and with all good copies -they aren't worth much.)
 Perikaryon
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 3:08:36 PM
What gives these 'maddy angel' dummies the right to second-guess the feelings of those poor parents, who they have never met or asked personally how they feel about having their daughters name hijacked and splattered everywhere as a 'caring person' call-sign??

Anyone here received permission from the parents to hijack their tragic loss??

Anyone here know for certain the mind-set of those parents?

Far more 'tasteful' (if such a thing is appropriate in such circumstances) would be some kind of Stop General Child Abduction logo.

And even that probably stands a fair chance of pissing those parents off.

But...what gives me the right to second-guess a private tragedy and spin up a few 'caring person callsigns'?

Abso-fookin-lookly None.

edit vvv and therein lies the 'problem'....the word 'imagination'...we can all IMAGINE the horror of losing a child...but people don' t KNOW how those parents feel.
People react in different ways.
Ask one of my brothers how they'd feel about seeing HIS daughters name everywhere and used by strangers. ..he might not be bothered.
Ask me and I'd probably rip your head off.
(not you personally matey!)
 DonnyRovers
Msg: 56
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 3:16:36 PM
Far from being a dummy... I am a single dad of two, that can imagine the turmoil and distress that the whole family is going through. Also I don't want to feel that pain and anguish myself.
 garygee1
Msg: 57
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 3:49:16 PM
Do you really think that by having this on your profile, it will bring the little girl home?.

*.* .* (\ *** /) * . *.*.
.* . * ( \(_)/ ) * * .*.*
.* . * (_ /?\ _) . *. *.* BRING MADDIE
.* . * . /___\ * . . * .* HOME..!!
PUT THIS ON YOUR PROFILE TO SHOW YOU CARE!!

Also by not having it on your profile, does that mean you dont care?, as the above suggests that if you dont have it on your profile then you dont care.

The way i see it, is that its people with sheep like tendencies who put it on their profile to try and make out that their some kind of caring person and are just following the crowd, i think its time for those that have it on their profiles to remove it.
 *~*Posh*~*
Msg: 58
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 6:48:20 PM

it's not support though is it, cos in reality it doesn't actually achieve anything at all..

Well its certainly got everyone debating on here...

The way i see it, is that its people with sheep like tendencies who put it on their profile to try and make out that their some kind of caring person and are just following the crowd, i think its time for those that have it on their profiles to remove it.

Or possibly people that think alike, the same as people who support the same football team, favour the same political party, etc

As for removing them from ones profile, since when did freedom of speech on ones own profile, become the decision of the minority, trying to influence the majority..

If you don't like what you read, please feel free to leave..simple really..
 garygee1
Msg: 59
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:05:17 PM

become the decision of the minority, trying to influence the majority..

I think that if you would care to look at most peoples profiles they do not have the Angel for Maddie on their profile, so i would say as fact that lots of people have not been influenced by the sheep, and have infact realised that its a minority who carry on with the circus of trying to influence others to put the Angel on their profile... Baaahhhhhh

Get rid of the Angel for Maddie in my opinion and let what will be, will be, because putting an Angel on your profile is not going to change things is it...
 sprite57
Msg: 60
Angels for maddy
Posted: 9/24/2007 11:36:25 AM

The way i see it, is that its people with sheep like tendencies who put it on their profile to try and make out that their some kind of caring person and are just following the crowd, i think its time for those that have it on their profiles to remove it

I actually dont see why people are making such a big deal of this. If you dont like it dont do it, if you think its a nice gesture do it or still dont do it. Jeez, its a picture with a nice caption, oh and I'm sorry tinny I wont remove it because you think I should because I rarely agree with what you say anyway. I know, address the post and not the poster. Nothing personal of course.
 BigMalky
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Angels for Maddy
Posted: 2/2/2011 5:15:40 PM
Christ I came across one of these tactless things the other day on someones profile.
How thoughtless these ("tokens" are they called?) are.
I mean come on.
I also notice people using the pathetic emoticon -to show they care.
The mind boggles.
Are people so inept that they need to use these stooopid things instead of the English language.
Very sad.
In fact the only thing I think that is worse would be if someone actually drew any comfort from them.
I have attended funerals of children that have been murdered in my community and have not really known them except to see them running around occasionally.
The parents thanked everyone for their support and did not get angry at the amount of interest from total strangers taking time to show their respect.
But constant use of these tactless and puerile tokens and emoticons on a public forum to me is in the height of bad taste.
If you do not have the skills to pay the respects due to a stranger through the written word then I would suggest just saying nothing.
 fantasychickreturns
Msg: 62
Angels for Maddy
Posted: 2/2/2011 11:52:43 PM
Goodness does it really matter? Does it hurt anyone? I could understand people being annoyed if others were putting skull and crossbones on a post to represent death but what's wrong with a few emoticons or pics. No it doesnt bring her back but I doubt very much her parents would be upset by seeing them or whether they would ever venture on to POF lol.
 bambi**
Msg: 63
Angels for Maddy
Posted: 2/2/2011 11:53:41 PM
Ok you raised this thread to say that . 1 there has been no funral so there has been no closure 2 worst nightmare to lose a child but to not no whats happened 3people are only showing they care 3ok the parents made a mistake . they didnt deserve this 4 for a little girl i pray one day is found . god give her parents answers5cant believe you raised this thread to moan about this we are talking inoccent child 6 so much evil in this world and a little angel annoys u for a missing child
 leanne1980
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Angels for Maddy
Posted: 2/3/2011 2:47:58 PM
Gerry macaan would have been a great new Director of communications of Cameron ( for anyone who has actually read the files and followed the last 3 years).

Of course as long as we remember she is still out there, then she cannnot be dead.

That is the basic premise.

If she is not dead, no one is accountable, so no pressure on the police from the media.

The truth is hard to live with, but Im sure it gets easier.

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum
 badge73
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/3/2011 3:51:13 PM
I find its all about the guilt and gang type factor. As soon as one starts one its then used as a stick to beat people with. Its almost like a game of simon says which is quite shocking. The weak play follow the leader whilst those that dont are called names. Expect it from kids, frown at teens but sigh at adults.
 46AndNormal
Msg: 66
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/3/2011 4:37:36 PM
From the first week of the maddy story i still believe it was something to do with her parents to this day i believe they are to do with her dissapearance or even death . so yes the angel for maddy should be there because of what the child may have gone through , i dont think it should be there to support her parents as my opinion is they had something to do with it more than they are letting on
 andy1961
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/3/2011 11:10:30 PM

From the first week of the maddy story i still believe it was something to do with her parents to this day i believe they are to do with her dissapearance or even death . so yes the angel for maddy should be there because of what the child may have gone through , i dont think it should be there to support her parents as my opinion is they had something to do with it more than they are letting on

fantasychickreturns
Msg: 68
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/4/2011 12:04:01 AM

Ive never believed that. I just think they were neglectful leaving their children while they went off having a good time.
 bambi**
Msg: 69
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/4/2011 1:07:35 AM
Maddys parents never harmed her ... Do you honestly believe they would be hounding police to do something still. There actions are of a couple wanting to get answers ..... gerry mccanns family are from glasgow ive meet a neice of his .. Even she was devastated spoke of her uncle and aunts pain .. I never new grief but im living it now . the parents were traumatised maddys mum carrying that teddy about ,,, I carry my dads hair i thought id lost it i was on the kitchen floor crying my heart out ...screaming no my daughter couldnt get sence in my head ... I found it .. but her mother latching onto that teddy was all she had left maddy says that mothers is lost .... she cant grieve there was no body .. they refuse to believe shes dead clutching to all hope ... they had nothing to do with maddys disapearnce ... kate fell apart what mother wouldnt .... They made a mistake leaving the kids dont you think they will have hated themselfs for this ..............................those who have never had an error in judjment or made a mistake cast the first stone
 fantasychickreturns
Msg: 70
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/4/2011 1:18:26 AM

They made a mistake leaving the kids dont you think they will have hated themselfs for this ..............................those who have never had an error in judjment or made a mistake cast the first stone

^^^ I agree with bambi. Ive made enough mistakes in my life and although this one was costly they have to live with it - thats a lifelong punishment they can never get away from. I would so love her to be found safe and well.
 46AndNormal
Msg: 71
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/18/2011 4:13:00 AM
I read the link from above and i also saw where it states that with the run up to the launch of the book they are bringing out ,sightings of maddie will soon come flooding in as to sell the book , and guess what , they were right

‘Maddie is in America’: Club security man says he has been tracking paedophile ring with links to the UK
 bambi**
Msg: 72
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/18/2011 4:35:04 AM
You have 2 people here whos hearts are broken . They believe there child is alive they will not give up looking ..Why should they .dont get whats wrong with them doing a book if little maddie is out there the more publicity the better .. yes there desperate taking desperate actions wouldnt you walking in there shoes for one day ..Icouldnt imagine what they feel like not in my worst nightmare my kids are my everything
 Lusipher
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/18/2011 4:52:17 AM
Some people think they're innocent, some people think they're guilty.

At this point, I don't think anyone (apart from them) will ever know the truth.

I'm not sure what I believe ... I'd like to think that they wouldn't have done it, but as was seen with the whole Karen Matthews thing a bit later, some parents could be that manipulative and deceptive.
 46AndNormal
Msg: 74
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/18/2011 4:53:06 AM

You have 2 people here whos hearts are broken . They believe there child is alive they will not give up looking ..Why should they .dont get whats wrong with them doing a book if little maddie is out there the more publicity the better

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and in my eyes you have 2 people who knows exactly what happened to their daughter , they are so many lies in their story and they have changed their story many times, is it any wonder why some people believe they are covering up for something
 leanne1980
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Angels for maddy
Posted: 2/18/2011 1:45:37 PM
the current general consensus, is that because they put the children to bed with sleeping pills ( not disputed ) and left them alone ( not disputed ) -

I dont think they killed her or had her kidnapped , nor do most people who have read the case.
If you want to know........................................
They alledgedley found her injured or dead after she woke up and had an accident while she was half asleep. Then they decided it would look bad and maybe panicked about the other two being taken away.
The body was scented by dogs next door ( her dead body , and in the boot of their hire car ).
Her mum ( kate )refused to awnser questions about maddies dissapernce or help with the re inactment - why ?
Instead the morning of the official re inactment of maddies kidnapping, the macanns rushed to the airport and fkew home......but why if she was still alive and they hadnt lied?
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Angels for maddy