Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > OTTAWA - HALLOWEEN AT DOOLYS POOL PARTY OCTOBER 27      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fawnangel
Msg: 101
OTTAWA - HALLOWEEN AT DOOLYS POOL PARTY OCTOBER 27Page 5 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
OKIES....

It has come to my attention that some people do NOT like the name tag idea....I need a vote...I need to know what you want. Name tags was tried last month and I didn't hear boo about it....until just now...LOL

Name tags was tried to help us know who has paid and who has not....we could just as easly use a stamp...so please everyone tell me your thoughts.

Beth
 wild heart
Msg: 102
OTTAWA - HALLOWEEN AT DOOLYS POOL PARTY OCTOBER 27
Posted: 10/24/2007 10:51:53 AM
I am not attending this event, but thought I would give you my input Beth. I am not fond of nametags, but when you explained to me how you use the nametags in this instance, I would certainly not have an issue with wearing one. I would not be offended either, but then I don't get offended very easily :)
 CHRIS_ANGEL
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/24/2007 1:45:33 PM
welllllllllllllllllll.................3 more sleeps until the big event on saturday night...................wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo

yes beth you are getting better at my version of.................woooo hooooo

only 3 more sleeps...........

now we are at 56 people and we need another 44 to sign up and come out for a good time on saturday night for a great time playing pool!!!!!!!!

where are all those fishies from last month????

this night is going to be a big blast for sure.....................i can't wait as i know i am going to have a great time...........

so come on everyone i need you to sign up or i am in big trouble with the big TOM!!!

so please help me out and let's see more people signing up for pool night.......

beth the name tags are a great idea, not only can you see people's names, but it makes it alot easier then having to ask all the time.........for people like me who just can't seem to remember 75 names in one evening..........it sure makes it alot easier....lol...
and it definatley makes it easier to tell who has paid and who hasn't as we did discover last time....so i vote we keep the name tags, i don't think that anyone had a problem with them as nothing was said to me about them last time............and if there are the odd 1 or 2 who don't like it....well you are out numbered i'm afraid...............

so i do think the name tags will be kept, hey it's just a piece of paper with your name on it...............who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're going to be asked what your name is anyway, so i see no problem what so ever with them....................DEAL WITH IT!!!

i am so looking forward to saturday night...........i get to see all my friends again and get to meet some new people.............it's always a blast on pool night.......and for some odd reason there are always a bunch of us who like to close the place!!! so

come on out ..................get those fingers on the sign up button.,.................

i need 44 more people ...........................

chow for now my friends.........................

so us reach our goal of 100 and sign up and come on out to pool night

chris
 SoulSearcher72
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/24/2007 4:07:51 PM

the name tags are a great idea, not only can you see people's names, but it makes it alot easier then having to ask all the time.........for people like me who just can't seem to remember 75 names in one evening..........it sure makes it alot easier.

I agree with this. Name tags are useful for larger gatherings like this one, especially for newer POF'ers like myself. They proved to be very useful for me at the euchre event last weekend.
 fawnangel
Msg: 105
Posted: 10/24/2007 7:09:21 PM
Anyone else want to say what they think...one way or tother?
 scottish56
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/24/2007 7:22:39 PM
I agree with name tags helps identify people
 funny*fish
Msg: 107
Posted: 10/24/2007 8:27:36 PM
I was at a pof event in Calgary where they printed nametags with all the usernames and the heading "my fishy name is....". If someone has a printer they could print off from a list of attendees, and design the label themselves (yes, I have the creative ideas, but not the printer, sorry! or I would).
 roundmidnight
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2007 12:53:47 AM
Hello Everybody!

Well sad to say, but looks like I gotta duck out of this one. Gonna be stuck in Calgary til Sunday. Hope everybody has a good time!

Gee, and what a great opportunity this would've been to wear those rubber pants that I was talking about...

Stan
 fawnangel
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/25/2007 5:41:57 AM
Hmmm....yaknow Stan..I just realize with you and also Cheryl not be able to go this month..that leaves just me and John that have been to ever single pool night since the beginning.

Numbers are climbing....need to make sure noone else is in for dinner....If not am going to tone down the reversation to 20 instead of 30.

Is going to be a fun night....

Only 2 more sleeps....YEAAA
 funguy1961
Msg: 110
view profile
History
prizes for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 9:06:34 AM
Hi Beth,
Looks like I will be attending your party.....yeah.....lol

I also invited a friend of mine who is also a pof member. I'm a professional entertainer who enjoys doing really great balloon art. I thought it who be cool and fun to do some
creations for the other pof members in Halloween colours before or durring the party
as give aways or prizes. I find it interesting watching the atmosphere in a party change just from a peice of latex.....lol

I will more than likely be shooting a few games of pool with my friend as a warm up...lol before I join the pof party. I will keep an eye out for you so I can say Hi.
I will be wearing my favorite red high top running shoes if you want introduce your self to me first.

Thank you to you and the other people of pof for taking the time to organize this event

Looking forward to the party
funguy1961
 fawnangel
Msg: 111
prizes for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 9:15:35 AM
Awesome funguy...we will not be hard to find.....there are 8 tables reserved for us.

you going to join us for dinner as well?
 funguy1961
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Name tags for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 9:15:58 AM
Hi Beth ,
I personally don't care on way or the other if I have to wear a name tag.
Funny thing about me is that family abd friends have been calling me my nick name for so long that sometimes I have to stop and think about what the heck is my real name...lol

I thought that glow necklaces are fun and they make it clear who is part of your party etc.
I could check my party supplies and see if I have enough for everyone.

I would ask that I be compensated $1.00 each to cover my cost for the product.

let me know if I be of help.

Have a great day

funguy1961
 fawnangel
Msg: 113
Name tags for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 9:26:18 AM
Noone seems to have a problem with nametags....so I guess we are going to stick with that.......I have so many......but your glow necklaces might be an idea for other events.

The biggest reason as I said before to the name tags is so myself and the helpers can tell at a glance who has paid and who has not.

Beth
 Celticmist
Msg: 114
Name tags for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 1:16:28 PM

I find it interesting watching the atmosphere in a party change just from a peice of latex.....lol

be sad if they were allergic to latex though
 fawnangel
Msg: 115
Name tags for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 1:27:23 PM
OMG....

And I never caught this?????

Bonnie...I am proud of ya......keep your mind in the gutter like the rest of us..ROFL

Beth
 stephen_ottawa
Msg: 116
Name tags for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 6:13:27 PM
A big thank-you to Beth for organizing yet another fine event for all of us to have fun at!

Regardless of the fact that I'm likely the WORST pool player to have ever attended, I'm very much looking forward to kicking back, sharing some laughs and reconnecting with POF friends this saturday night. The Hallowe'en theme is a GREAT idea, it's been a blast putting together a costume this past week or so while checking out yard sales and thrift shops for cheap deals in preparation...

To anyone reading this who's still unsure about attending, PLEASE DO ATTEND. I still chuckle at my memories of the last time I'd attended. This is a fun crowd, the atmosphere is casual and welcoming, and this clean and impressive venue on St. Laurent right beside the landmark lighthouse of the Museum of Science & Technology is super easy to find - the bus stop is right there too, both ways, for anyone interested in leaving the driving to someone else that evening.

So, sign up if you haven't already, ready yourself for some fun and we'll see you there!
 ottawagirlie
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Name tags for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 6:35:58 PM
Name tags work for me either way - do we use our real names or our POF names. I will come for a bit but there is a ****es night out planned at the lone star after so regrettably i will only stay for a bit. the last event that Vlad held was awesome and I really enjoyed that one so i am lookin forward to this one too
 Gobrait
Msg: 118
Name tags for party
Posted: 10/25/2007 7:13:16 PM
Name tags usually show both POF names and real names, it helps put a face to a name!

This is going to be a really fun night. Looking forward to the costumes!!!!

fawnangel
Msg: 119
Costumes
Posted: 10/25/2007 9:15:16 PM
I have some awesome prizes for Saturaday night...

Gift certiciates for some restaurants and bars and Doolys is donating something or things.......and we will have smaller ones as well...I can't wait.

Just TWO more sleeps..........

I will not be hard to find...I am really dressing as a slut...LOL...anyone else care to share their costumes?

Beth
 rathmik
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2007 3:13:15 AM
See you all tomorrow night :)
 fawnangel
Msg: 121
Posted: 10/26/2007 4:56:12 AM
hey Mikey will be good to see you again..we missed you last month
 Batom
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:51:45 AM
Well the numbers seem down and unfortunately I may be absent as well...Have fun everyone...I'll be there if I can.
 Celticmist
Msg: 123
Posted: 10/26/2007 7:51:47 AM

Bonnie...I am proud of ya......keep your mind in the gutter like the rest of us..ROFL

well although I have grey on this head of mine, I have never been accused of being slow on the uptake

Only 1 more night and although I am not coming in costume - my own face is scary enough , I will have my camera at ready

See you all tomorrow night
 Gobrait
Msg: 124
Costumes
Posted: 10/26/2007 9:11:34 AM
Wow 61 people!!! Hmmm that's 39 to go!

Beth, we all know you are going as a slut... you kept us all in the loop about that. I bought my costume last weekend and I was keeping it under wraps, but now I'll tell. I'm going as a Sexy Witch! I have to tweak a few things with the costume, but it's a short skirt and fishnet hose and hat and so on.

That should be kinda interesting at supper at Local Heroes?!?!?!?!!!!!

orchidtoday
Msg: 125
Posted: 10/26/2007 10:14:04 AM
What? You're not coming? I was so looking forward to seeing you in the French maid costume!
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > OTTAWA - HALLOWEEN AT DOOLYS POOL PARTY OCTOBER 27