Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Must not do drugs....?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 svj
Msg: 101
Must not do drugs....?Page 5 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
it's more FUN to be hooked on OxyContin, anyway..(a 'legal' drug) :)
Depends on how you use it. An oxycontin addiction in a bad situation can be more expensive and debilitating than any crack habit.

To the OP... someone that doesn't want to take mail from someone that smokes a doob, is basically letting you know in advance that they're too uptight for you in the first place. Count your blessings that you were able to avoid them and move on.

Personally, I find it hilarious when I see a profile that says prospective suitors "Must not do drugs", but under their own profile, has "Smoker? Prefer not to say." That drug kills more people on the planet than any other...

Who says hypocracy can't be fun?
 Briannazg2
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/9/2007 6:40:27 PM
I don't smoke in fact allergic to the smoke of cigs....
Never tried pot or any other recreational drug........
I don't drink........... I am sassy and crazy enough without alcohol to the mix...LOL

I do drink coffee and on some occassions the 2nd or 3rd pot usually involves getting all the chores done, car washed, lawn mowed in an animated sort of way LOL

I just prefer getting high on life and what it has to offer. I do eat healthy, like my organic foods, don't like fast food or restaurants prefer to cook myself so I know how it is being prepared.

Smoking pot/doing drugs is a choice.... and I choose not too....
 Imperturbable
Msg: 103
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/9/2007 6:57:34 PM

someone that doesn't want to take mail from someone that smokes a doob, is basically letting you know in advance that they're too uptight for you in the first place.

Damn straight! I haven't purchased pot in 10 years, but if I'm at a party and someone passes a jaybird, maybe I'll partake, maybe not. Who cares?

Really, the sauce should be criminalized before Mary J. Juana. Nobody drives their SUV into a family of four because they lit up. Hell, they're lucky if they get off the couch long enough to do anything beside grabbing more Cheetos!

Then again, just like alcohol use, it's a matter of practicality. If you can drink, or smoke, and still get your shit done, I couldn't care less. If, however, you let your addictions turn you into a total waste of space, then I can understand why someone would kick you to the curb.
 ecaepydal
Msg: 104
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/9/2007 7:28:44 PM
^^^^^

Preach on, brother Imperturbable, and btw loved the part about the Cheetos.
 Woodstar
Msg: 105
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:07:42 PM
I like it when I see the "must not do drugs" for the very reason someone else said...way to uptight for me.

I'm also honest in my profile. Read it if you like.

I've always been a responsible tax paying citizen. I'm no "pot head" and don't want to be with one. I rarely smoke anymore...never really did much. But, sometimes I am to honest for my own good.

Yes, if I'm at a party with other responsible tax paying citizens (who could be your favorite aunt or uncle) and they light up a doobie and offer me a hit...I'll join in.

The ones you folks have to watch out for are the ones who don't admit it. They are usually hooked on valium or vicodans...both are widely used and prescribed and abused. Talk about irrational behavior. AND they lie!

Carry on.
 Cort1295
Msg: 106
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/9/2007 9:37:27 PM
Pot is considered a drug as far as POF's classifications are concerned. Alcohol and tobacco aren't included in that category because they have seperate places for them in our profiles.

People probably don't want to date pot smokers based on a lot of the negative stigma and legal issues that surround it. Personally, I might date someone who smokes pot once in a while, but I don't want it in my home and I'm not a fan of the smell.
 clay71
Msg: 107
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/9/2007 10:21:25 PM
Of course pot is a drug,like alcohol,caffiene,nicotine,sleeping pills,weight loss pills,those yellow jackets,prozac,tynlenol,oxycodone.The list goes on forever.
Should pot be a class A drug like heroine,coke,meth or xtc just to name a few. Hell no.
It should be legalized not only as a medicine,but also like alcohol.Taxed and regulated.
I used to smoke so much,but decided to quit 15 years ago.But, If I was diagnosed with cancer,or some other terminal illness, I'd jump right back on it.
I don't drink or smoke,or do any recreational party favors any more.
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 108
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 9:10:35 AM
How about: "must not display enjoyment of mind-altering substances"?
 Pamperpooch41
Msg: 109
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 9:48:08 AM
I have smoked the odd joint in my lifetime because I thought it was fairly harmless, in most cases, less harmfull than alcohol, but I must admit, since the news that it can cause schizophrenic depression, I've never touched it, and I wouldn't be too keen to date anyone who used it either.
 Indigo rose
Msg: 110
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 10:16:22 AM
I don't trust any of you that won't smoke wacky

because most women I have met who use drugs were very, very promiscuous, and I don't have much in common with someone with a promiscuous lifestyle.

Crap pot never made me promiscuous...well maybe for glazed donuts!
It would be great to meet someone who smokes for fun ...but can live without it!
 JustCruzin53
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 10:28:08 AM
NewtoNFLD......I think your response to this post is the best I've ever read on the topic and your profile is HILARIOUS.....I think you would be a very funny person to know!!!
 cktoronto
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 10:29:12 AM
A few points:

- To those who keep harping on the legality of Pot, please remember this is an international site and in most developed countries its either legal or decriminalized. So many (Americans) have posted in this thread presuming it was a felony everywhere.

- If you are claiming Pot causes dangerous driving or promiscuity you simply don't have experience with the substance or around it. Alchohol creates this situations at a 10/1 ratio to herb.

- Pot is a mood altering substance. In excess, over time it can cause mood swings and in extreme cases lead to psychiatric disorders. I've never heard of this happen to the occasional smoker, but it's probably happened once, somewhere.

- Well over 50% of North America's adult population is reliant on a substance, and while most are pharmeceutical its important to keep that in perspective. Alot of the 'over the counter' pills your new BF is popping are considerably more dangerous to the long term propsperity of your relationship that the occasional Doob.

- When it comes to relationships, like anything it comes down to habits. If a substance issue is so habitual it effects your relationship thats a problem. I would just say don't make casual partying into more than it is - Most guys that do this would also give it up quickly for the right woman, but when you refuse to accept contact intially you never know.
 hippychic9
Msg: 113
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 10:36:39 AM
Thanks for the post Nebula

Alcohol is a drug.... ANY substance that is mind or mood altering is a drug...
(and please don't lets get into coffee and sugar) we are talking "drugs" . Don't believe me check out what addiction professionals world wide say, The NA Basic Text, etc...

So how many of you drink alcohol... do you also click the "you don't do drugs " on your profile box ?

The bottom line is choice. If I choose to burn one down thats okay with me. If you choose to burn one down or throw one back , thats okay with me too. As long as you are not hurting anyone else, yourself included, then I do not have a problem with it.

Abuse is an entirely different state of reality and state of being.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 114
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 10:43:50 AM

Thanks for the post Nebula

Alcohol is a drug.... ANY substance that is mind or mood altering is a drug...
(and please don't lets get into coffee and sugar) we are talking "drugs" . Don't believe me check out what addiction professionals world wide say, The NA Basic Text, etc...

So how many of you drink alcohol... do you also click the "you don't do drugs " on your profile box ?

The bottom line is choice. If I choose to burn one down thats okay with me. If you choose to burn one down or throw one back , thats okay with me too. As long as you are not hurting anyone else, yourself included, then I do not have a problem with it.

Abuse is an entirely different state of reality and state of being.

Don't take this because in my early days I smoked lots of pot, but the big difference between alcohol & pot is pot is illegal & when I discuss smoking pot with my kids, that is exactly what I will tell them and that is all that needs to be said IMO. When/If the law changes, I will be fine with them smoking pot.
 buh-bye
Msg: 115
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:09:30 AM

Msg 114: So how many of you drink alcohol... do you also click the "you don't do drugs " on your profile box?
Umm, did you notice that drinking has its own "category?"
Do you drink?
As does "nicotine/smoking:”
Smoker?
Leading someone with the capacity for deductive reasoning to conclude that the question, "Do you do drugs?" as delineated in the "profile box" does not encompass either drinking or smoking.
 JohnEDeep
Msg: 116
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:12:26 AM
This polarizing topic has been 'hashed' many times with most naysayers following the 'legal' chain of logic, and the '420 friendlies' taking the 'no worse than alcohol' road. IMHO, either position is fine, to each their own.

My position is a matter of public record, but I just wanted to ask y'all how you feel about 'salvia divinorum'. Go ahead, google it. Check out some youtube videos for some laughs or righteous indignation. Still 100 percent legal, it's a powerful, mind-altering sacred herb and probably next in line to be labelled a 'controlled substance'.

I can't wait to read some 'Must not suck salvia' threads. Maybe Nancy Reagan can lead the grassroots campaign.
 ecaepydal
Msg: 117
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:22:07 AM
Well...Funny you should ask...While doing some research on Peruvian Ayahuasca healing ceremonies (in preparation for a trip I may take next year), I came across a description of salvia. Sounded pretty interesting, and since I was on my own that weekend (and always fascinated with new sensations), I went out and picked some up to try...Alas...Nothing happened.

Don't know if I'll try it again as it (the dry stuff) tastes awful.
 BadBoy4204U
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 11:36:26 AM
Well I reside in California, yea know, swimming pools movies stars and the best cannabis!

No it is not considered a drug here at all, it is considered medicine. And the last time I purchased it I was made to pay a $8.00 dollor sales tax to the state for a 1/2 ounce.
I think once the feds weigh in on the amount of tax dollors cannabis has provided to Califonia it will soon be legalized for all states.

My Dr. prescribes it to me for several medical reasons however I like to smoke it because it helps with my road rage and keeps me from beating up other guys on the highway..... lol

On another note,
FACT: Alcohol kills more people per year than all other drugs combined...
Times one thousand!

Nobody has ever died directly from cannabis use. Alcohol can cause death by alcohol poisoning, asphyxiation, cardiomyopathy, and cardiac infarct (heart attack).

So the real question should be, Why is alcohol legal, why is marijuana not?

Badboy~
 nebula22
Msg: 119
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:00:04 PM
To answer badboy4204u's question.
It was made illegal in order for Dupont to get rid of the natural compitition to their un-natural products. Hemp was the intended target of the prohibition as america was making over 5000 products from Hemp at that time.
Marijuana is now the target because of all the pharmicutical companies wanting the same thing. To keep us from having a natural plant that could make many of their products obsolete.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 120
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:04:34 PM

So the real question should be, Why is alcohol legal, why is marijuana not?

Good question to ask a law maker, but not a good question for this forum. "Ours is not to ask why, but to do or die". The law won't change by anything you write in this forum.
 ecaepydal
Msg: 121
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:04:49 PM
Nebula22:

Not to mention, it's a smokescreen for the things that really matter.
 maghaberryman
Msg: 122
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:14:12 PM
Does anyone really think that a user would give an honest answer to the question?
 Cynderella
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:14:29 PM

Well I reside in California, yea know, swimming pools movies stars and the best cannabis!

Nope...I think B.C. is world renowned for our Bud...TEE HEE
But what do I know...
 cktoronto
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:22:31 PM

Does anyone really think that a user would give an honest answer to the question?

Do you realize how astonishingly ignorant this makes you sound?
 buh-bye
Msg: 125
Must not do drugs....?
Posted: 10/11/2007 12:34:24 PM
Decriminalized is not equivalent to “legal.”

cktoronto Msg 113: To those who keep harping on the legality of Pot, please remember this is an international site and in most developed countries its either legal or decriminalized. So many (Americans) have posted in this thread presuming it was a felony everywhere.
Not sure why you would assume you know what others in the thread presume. I campaigned for decriminalization of marijuana possession penalties in the early 1970’s including demonstrating and circulating petitions for NORML. Incidentally, I have never indulged, but had strong feelings about the extraordinary penalties. I am not currently involved in any activism for this cause, but occasionally do a little reading on the topic. P.S. I just visited Cambodia this summer where you can buy a "Happy Pizza," but god forbid you try to buy drugs outside the restaurant ...

I am unaware of any country on Planet Earth where the use of marijuana is LEGAL (excluding some government provisions for medical applications). This includes both Canada (specifically Vancouver’s pot shops) and the Netherlands (specifically Amsterdam “coffee shops”) where pot is “tolerated” only in those settings. As a matter of fact, there has been a backlash recently in Amsterdam, where, according to some Dutch friends of mine, the overflow onto public streets and less than discrete venues has caused a crackdown by local law enforcement. Please cite a verifiable source stating a particular country/locale where Pot is LEGAL (versus vague reference to: most developed countries). I would be VERY interested in knowing such a fact. Else, you owe it to yourself to get a little more education on this subject.

Why is that these threads degenerate into the unreasonable “uptightness” of people who do not care to surround themselves with illegal activity? That is an important consideration for some people who may have something to lose. Pot is illegal, it is NOT a victimless crime. When I lived with my (pot-dealing) boyfriend, our house was broken into and ROBBED. As long as pot is illegal, criminal activity will be its companion. If you feel strongly about it, why waste your time trying to convince people they are “harping on the legality of Pot,” Why don’t you get involved in changing the laws and allow others to make a decision about the kind of lifestyle and people they choose to surround themselves with? Why not let people who do not want any involvement with drugs (including pot) be free to associate with those they are interested in, like you want the freedom to indulge in your forms of recreation? Seems hypocritical and judgmental to me.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Must not do drugs....?