Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 debranator
Msg: 751
view profile
History
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?Page 31 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
That is exactly what I am getting..I have to cut it off after a few dates..
they act..like they are going to die quick and have to grab whatever woman they can find..
It is scary..
It seems that no one wants to date..just for dating..
even on emails..they all ask what my intentions are for the future..
when I say thart I don't know..A lot of em get angry..
 forum101
Msg: 752
view profile
History
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:35:46 AM
FYI. Alert, alert. Some males have been brainwashed all their life. You are not the end all, be all, of any womans life. Women actually expect you to bring to the table, an equal to what they bring, financially, culturally, even, education. Most women can perform your basic function, artificially, or with a dildo. Dont you just love "electronics" and medical science? Unless you are one of the few and far between, who actually are looking for something extra, who actually have some color in your personality, believe me, we are not desperate for marriage, or even a date with you. We do have other options.

To do list: Call the sperm bank, and replace those dang batteries.
 Cynderella
Msg: 753
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:25:36 AM
Because after 40 we learned it's more fun to f*ck-up two ppl's lives instead of one...
 Browngreeneyes
Msg: 754
Posted: 10/24/2009 4:05:10 AM
Dunno... I am 47 and not married. Don't feel like it either
 FarmExe
Msg: 755
Posted: 10/24/2009 11:25:01 AM

Ah,,, I get it,,, I guess that counts me out since I don't have my green card

Don't guess nothing by using your poor brain!
 LadyDancingAlone
Msg: 756
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 12:24:23 PM
I know men and women who are in a hurry to get married again, I know others who swear they'll never bother with it again.

Some assume that is my goal, since I am open that what I seek is a LTR, but I honestly don't know if I ever want to marry again. I do want a LTR; I like the feeling of being part of a loving relationship, the feeling of a partnership, and of the two of us being greater than we were separately.

When I find my LTR, marriage is something we may or may not discuss when it fits into our plans. As I see it now, the 'marriage' aspect would be more to address practical matters than to define the relationship itself.

So, I suppose this "over 40" is hardly 'desperate' to get married again.
 eastendwoman
Msg: 757
Posted: 10/24/2009 1:59:21 PM
Addicted: Women want to go slow (before sex) in order to make sure the man actually cares about them. However, men push and push and rush them into sex, then 'after they get sex' they say 'whoa', we're not exclusive. Slow down! Men are liars from the get go. You evidently led those women to believe that you cared about them and then put on the brakes when you had to 'prove it'. You're a worm. Those women had every right to be angry with you. Get a hold of yourself. You're not 17 anymore. You're irresponsible behavior is no longer cute, or mischievious or endearing. Grow up and stop lying to women.
 cifuareal1
Msg: 758
Posted: 10/24/2009 10:22:05 PM

This was without hints, discussions, or talking about this subject.

I am confused. If there was no discussion about it, how do you know marriage was the next intended step?

I have been single since 2001 and prefer it. I do desire a close relationship, but not marriage. We are not all alike.
 aaamm
Msg: 759
Posted: 10/25/2009 8:41:17 AM
So that we never have to worry about who pays for the coffee or dinner again.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 760
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 10:18:10 AM

Most likely because they don't have husbands and really want one.....
 1961 Classic
Msg: 761
Posted: 10/29/2009 10:42:59 PM

I know of no woman over 40 who's desperate to get married. However, if you've run into a few, my best guess would be that they're scared. Need the security of a marriage.
So, if you'd like to be that secure guy, go for it. If not, then don't.
And by the by - did you try asking them why they're in such a hurry?
 feeldown
Msg: 762
Posted: 10/31/2009 10:43:50 AM
As i found out, somehow when a women don't need a man to marry she has her security either given to her,or had a good job to over ride her spending. Then is not willing to share like a man has to, if the man wants a women. Security has a lot to do with the average women getting older,if she always blew her funds in life. But the reality of it is now,most men don't have these jobs anymore. As the majority took over, the women had more time to go back to school, either while married,or after divorces to get better paying jobs. Pretty soon there will be too many office jobs and no products to buy to keep them going. Unless it is all for them buying cosmetics,purses,and their own new cloths. But why get all prettied up when they don't need the men anymore,ha ha.
 screenangel
Msg: 763
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2009 3:03:56 PM
Perhaps some feel desperate because they haven't had children yet...or have never been married...? Thankfully, I married in my twenties and had my children. To get married now, we would have to be "head over heels" in love and very good for each other in every way. No one has ever tempted me again, although, you never know about the future.
 drumsafrican
Msg: 764
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2009 1:03:11 PM
If someone keeps drawing the same kinds of experiences to oneself, it has something to do with what you are transmitting to others. Perhaps you need to look at how you set up these negative experiences. There must have been all kinds of red flags which you disregarded. The change needs to be inside you, in developing your own awareness of how you set up romantic relationships. A psychotherapist may be of assistance to you in this regard.

Judith
 Sugar_Jones
Msg: 765
Posted: 11/1/2009 1:19:14 PM
Because she needs someone to lift heavy things and work on her car.
 lilemilyem
Msg: 766
Posted: 11/2/2009 8:50:44 AM
I can't speak for others however, I don't think I have much of an interest to marry again. Been there and done that. I would be happy with a relationship. Take if from there maybe somewhere along the way if it felt right. No rush here.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 767
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:12:30 AM
op,
different strokes for different folks. i see marriage as an albatross...too much responsibility...i can walk around like a slob in my own house & not have to worry about someone else getting uptight about it. it's way too much work for what seems to be something sort of blah over time. i just don't have the desire or energy to work on something where i feel perpetually nagged and harangued. too many 'shoulds'... i like to come & go as i please with none of those constant expectations. just the thought wears me down. help!!!!
 HumanPopsicle
Msg: 768
Posted: 12/13/2009 2:07:52 PM
And kill spiders. It's always about the spiders.
 kari135
Msg: 769
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 2:17:04 PM

And kill spiders. It's always about the spiders.

Nah. I have a perfectly good little shop vac that gets rid of them nicely. And believe me, there are plenty of them in Oklahoma!

I didn't bother looking back to see what, if anything, I said before, but while I would like a long term, it doesn't have to be marriage, and I'm not feeling particularly desperate. Just somewhat surprised that virtually all of the males in my age group within a 200 mile radius of me who claim to be looking for the same thing still aren't interested in finding out if we might have enough in common to even be just plain friends. In fact, I just found another site where nearly all the men over 59 are looking for women from 28-40. I wish them luck, considering the photos they have posted.
 jeffnovi
Msg: 770
Posted: 12/13/2009 2:46:54 PM
I have found the same with a couple of women I dated. They were ready for the "i do's" in just a couple months!! I am not opposed to it, I just want to move slower and they only knew fast and stop.
 NoVaBuckeye
Msg: 771
Posted: 12/13/2009 2:56:00 PM
Well, by the looks of it, then its you that needs to change your dating behaviors not the women over 40. Seems like the consensus is that they are actually in no rush to the altar at all. Pick different types of women next time.
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 772
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2009 5:46:15 PM
A moderate pace is best. Too fast, you crash and burn. Too slow, means there's either no particular potential or someone's going to get bored, frustrated/move on.

Personally, I'm EXTREMELY happily single. When I go out on a date, it's a DATE. Period. It's an opportunity to have fun and get to know the person better. (I also don't want to get married.)

Some people (women) realize that LTR take time and learn to enjoy the process and that a particular date or person is not going to necessarily be "the one" even it if seems like it has potential.

Patience and respect are key.

Lisa_Annn
Msg: 773
Posted: 12/14/2009 10:18:26 AM
I'm in no hurry to get married and I'm way over 40..53 (today actually). I'd like to find one man that wants only me but really really slow about the marriage thing. What I don't understand is the ones that talk for awhile then..nothing. What's that about? You can't tell a person by writing a couple times, believe me, I've met 8 men and only 2 were what the wrote like.
 kari135
Msg: 774
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2009 10:35:44 AM
I'm not afraid of spiders. Now bats, bees are a different thing altogether.

Bats are our friends, they eat all those mosquitos that carry nasty diseases. And bees make honey and pollinate flowers, so unless you're allergic...

Wasps, on the other hand - we've got these BIG aggressive red buggers, and they really hurt. I start spraying for them when I see the first can of spray on a shelf in the store.

And I don't need a man to either buy it or hold the nozzle, I can do both my very own self.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 775
Posted: 12/16/2009 3:39:15 PM
op, cuz time is a ticking! who the heck is want the old woman or old man??? they gotta move while they still can!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?