Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jenny113007
Msg: 801
view profile
History
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?Page 33 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
Not all women want to get married number one, number two, women that age aren't going to settle on just anyone.
And number three a good marriage where both people work at it is hard to beat.
Nobody can force you to get married, stay single until your too old to find someone, ask the younger ones out while they laugh at you, and then join the elks lodge and hope and older one dances with you, and have plenty of insurance to pay the old age home, because you will have no one looking out for you.
I've seen a lot of older men living that exact life.
Pick someone and make it work.
L.A. Is the city of the young, and that goes for the men too. Hope it works out for you.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 802
view profile
History
Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:52:02 AM
Women over 40 are desperate to get married because they are
really tired of constantly going out to dinner with men just so
they can get free meals.
They are also tired of trying to dig that gold out of guys that hardly
have two coins to rub together on a good day.
And who wants to constantly worry about the 3 date rule? Why not
get married on the second date so you don't even have to worry about
the 3rd one.
I can think of tons of reasons why these elusive 40 year old women
are DESPERATE to get married...and maybe if I ever actually saw one...
I'd know the real reason.
 Nu2010
Msg: 803
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:17:08 AM
I am over 50 and living on my own for the first time without my parents, husbands, children, roommates for the first time and finding I like living on my own. I am dating a man that would like for me to move in with him but I told him, lets wait to see how we are later on. We have been dating since November. I would not consider myself desperate to be married, rather the opposite, Run Away Bride.
 kailania
Msg: 804
Posted: 2/6/2010 1:22:36 PM
if i were desperate to get married i would have married my ex fiance. he had it all.
or one of my ex boyfreinds who asked me to get married.

men are wanting it just as much.
i have had an e mail proposal from a man i knew for 5 yrs. i asked him why he didnt do it in person (after we hadnt seen one another for over 3 yrs) he said he was afraid of what i might say.
heck....i told him i probably would have been happy and said yes. too late now.
i wont say yes to a friggin e mail proposal.

another guy texted a proposal. and he was Serious. wow.

anyway....Yes...i am a woman who does want to get married. but desperate? no way.
i want to get married to the right man for me.
someone who i love, who loves me,...who knows what commitment is, who knows we are both growing old and wont look the same. who will agree to stick it through and work at our relationship.
when we are old...if we get the chance to become old...i want to be able to take a walk with my husband holding hands.
sit on our front porch and have a glass of tea or wine.
go out dancing if we still can.
i love watching those elderly couples who look like they are still in love.
they look happy together.

and i want a ring too.
so if someone thinks thats old fashioned and meaningless then they are not the person for me.
to each his own. we are all entitled to our own opinion.

what happens when one wants marriage and the other does not.?
does one person walk away?
who does the compromising?
if marriage means nothing but a piece of paper...then why is the one who says that so opposed to it if the one they love really wants that?

it is much more than paper. come on.
 kailania
Msg: 805
Posted: 2/6/2010 1:25:38 PM
i agree with Jenny the poster above.
we dont want to settle.
funny Jenny and so true.
i have seen it over and over.
i hope that you will be with a great guy one day very very soon and he will cherish the woman you are.
 Chris G3
Msg: 806
Posted: 2/6/2010 1:30:19 PM
Hi... well i have come across this as well, but understanding what some woman are looking for can be a mine field, they are looking for security, commitment and very few are looking for monetry secuirty, this is what i have found, i am 43 and it seams the onces that ask for marrage as soon as they prosume you are steady are insecure so you will always get them..... just take your time, make it plan and simple when the conversation comes to the topic.... happy dating... Chris
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 807
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 6:25:26 AM
Dunno... the relationships I've been in have gone swimmingly well until the proposal... that's pretty much the beginning of the end...
 ann-orchids
Msg: 808
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:36:09 AM
Not all women over 40 are desperate to get married... as for me i rather be single that in a loveless relationship or be married just to get married... if it happens, fine... if not, then, whatever...
 rafirafi
Msg: 809
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:56:59 AM
It's kind of funny. Have you guys noticed that older (over 35) feminists are very ugly, and the younger ones, that were so into it, change their minds around 35 and become housewifes.
Well, it's pretty simple, it's last call for making babies and to find a "hubby" to support them.
 Discerning Virtuosa
Msg: 810
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 9:10:19 AM
It's kind of funny. Have you guys noticed that older (over 35) feminists are very ugly, and the younger ones, that were so into it, change their minds around 35 and become housewifes.

Wouldn't that be "housewiVes" (plural)?
I'd rather be ugly than forever immature and shallow judging everyone strictly upon appearance.
Got maturity?

Well, it's pretty simple, it's last call for making babies and to find a "hubby" to support them

Oh yes - because we all want to be tied down with 3 or 4 of your little brats, and are not capable of holding a job.

I know this was a troll post, but I couldn't resist.
 rafirafi
Msg: 811
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:33:26 AM
Hello sweetie! Thanks for the grammar correction, point taken.
3-4 little ones? Thinking big aren't you. A job? who needs one if you are a woman.

Have a nice day!
 webgarden
Msg: 812
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:42:12 AM

Women over 40 are desperate to get married because they are
really tired of constantly going out to dinner with men just so
they can get free meals.
They are also tired of trying to dig that gold out of guys that hardly
have two coins to rub together on a good day.
And who wants to constantly worry about the 3 date rule? Why not
get married on the second date so you don't even have to worry about
the 3rd one.
I can think of tons of reasons why these elusive 40 year old women
are DESPERATE to get married...and maybe if I ever actually saw one...
I'd know the real reason.

LOVE IT! and yes, I want the gold on the second date, along with the two free meals, and he'd better pay for entertainment too! oh, and the wedding on the 3rd date so he can "get him some".
 slylett1
Msg: 813
Posted: 2/7/2010 2:24:06 PM
Get a life. Get a clue. You obviously don't have either, since you are here.
I have a job. I have a home. Not all women are looking for a man to support them. They want companionship. Can you say that word? Companionship.
 6citygal1
Msg: 814
Posted: 2/7/2010 3:17:59 PM
I'm divorced. But I'm not in any hurry to get remarried at this moment
 ColonelIngus
Msg: 815
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2010 3:43:44 PM
Funny, how even though the OPost starts out "I know I can't paint all women with this brush...", about every other poster feels the compunction to publicly declare "But I'm not like that!".

Does anybody do anything other than just read the thread title?

Whenever you say anything about any woman which can be construed as being bad, almost all of them blurt out “Not all women are like that.”

Not all birds sh1t on my car either, but I don’t park my car under a pigeon roost unless I want to stop by the car wash on the way home.
 Green Eyed Swede
Msg: 816
Posted: 2/7/2010 8:35:10 PM
HILARIOUS, bearwoman!! Seriously, when will MEN get off their high horse and say we women are "desperate" when facts and studies have shown conclusively that marriage is by FAR a much greater advantage for the men. Of course, there are always exceptions, but men in marriages are often happier than the women. They have someone to cook, clean, nurture them, etc, just like Mom. Meanwhile, the women are getting little of that in return because when a woman receives something loving, she returns in kind. When a man receives somethng loving, he thinks to himself, "Well! I must be doing something right!" and kicks his feet up and does even less to reciprocate. Just in case you're wondering, I'll be 40 in October and I LOVE men (90% of my friends are men) but I have NEVER been in a rush, let alone "desperate" to get married. Thank you God for small favors.
 untamedspirit009
Msg: 817
Posted: 2/7/2010 10:09:02 PM
Woowww!!! I must be missing something here...when did women over fourty become desperate for marriage?...last time well (last week) that I read in the 'forums' we had men going over seas for 'mail order brides'.... come to think of it...where are the 'mail order grooms'???? yaaa....I think I could swipe a 'visa card' for something ...I mean someone who was 'exactly' as I ordered...

1. keeps fit
2. smiles continuiouslyyyyyy
3. cooks three meals a day while being sexually erotic at all times
4. always has the energizer bunny mentality...he keeps on going....
5. keeps the car maintence...
6. tends to the dry cleaning...
7. keeps the yard looking great...
8. keeps the kids updated, AND gets them to all their activities on time, stays and cheers them on etc...
9. maintains a romantic outlook..dresses sexy
10...tends the pool
11. grooms and works the horses..
12..feeds the farm animals and domesticated ones...
13.. greets me with a smile and a hard one...hehehe..
14. and He tends to the endless list.....
15. ohh and key point...he worships meeeeee for giving him a new life of 'freedom'...smirks.

sure sign me up for those mail order grooms...I need a few, as we all know 'one' can not do it all...
 demonicasdreams
Msg: 818
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2010 8:40:17 AM
well im in the 40 range and the thought of getting married again aint my ideal thing.
I guess it is the biological clock but i dont see why the mad rush, but i find the same with older men.

I know that the relationship i am in now tho there is no way i am going to be married again, to me marriage is just more complications, and to live with some one again is a real no no, im happy having a bf and having my own place, and my own space, i dont see the urgency of getting hitched again, nor to live with any one either.

personal preferance i guess either that or they are just after ya money after wards, becare the next one may just want to bump you of to get ya money.
 Tulips2010
Msg: 819
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 8:53:08 PM
OP: Your name may have something to do with your choice of women.

It has been my experience that most women dont want to marry again... either in the near future or ever again. Ive been married once, and have been divorced for 12 years. I have no plans to ever marry again. Statistics/studies also bear this fact out.

Otherwise... I would just chaulk it up to your luck.. in finding the 2 women in your area that are desperate for a ring. Dont buy any lotto tickets this week :o)
 Tulips2010
Msg: 820
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2010 9:21:54 PM
#117 JagGuy: My experience is that I've never met a woman yet, who is capable of loving. No one wants more than a fling. No one wants commitment, or God forbid . . . . marriage. I wonder sometimes what things have come to when females now behave like the males of yesteryear?

Sucks when the situation is reversed. Maybe men should have been more careful to treasure what they had.

I remember when I was in high school and just starting out in the adult life.. a common saying was: She was trying to hook me into married; trying to tie me down. Now its men who want marriage and women dont want to be a tied down.

Now, women dont need a husband, unless its to raise children and not even then, really. Why would I want to be married again? More housework, more bills, more putting up with his messes (both financially and otherwise). Women want companionship now.. not husbands. We can do everything else just fine.

I do find it sad that its this way. A lesson for us all.
 *pisceseyes
Msg: 821
Posted: 2/24/2010 10:10:32 PM
^^^GREAT response...and the studies support it.

http://www.divorcesource.com/CA/ARTICLES/peter1.html

the legal mess is just not worth it IMO, longterm companionship yes but not marriage..I dont see it happening
 ButchofLockhart
Msg: 822
Posted: 5/2/2011 9:34:10 AM
My experience in my younger years is that women are the ones who do not want to get married. I do not know if this changes with age, but frankly, although I still want to get married, I've gotten less desperate over the years.

But I'm going to be honest here, too. You probably make a "decent" wage and women don't like poor men like me. Basically, most women who are still single either love money or do not want to marry.
 Casper66
Msg: 823
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2011 10:08:23 PM
Well I certainly haven't ruled out marriage but I'm not desperate to get married or even live with a guy, just looking for a good relationship with someone who is compatible. I have a great career, family and friends, time to travel and enjoy my interests and hobbies, just missing my partner in crime.
 Vannili
Msg: 824
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2011 11:54:08 PM
Msg.1

It is not desperation that a woman wants to get married at the age of 40 or any other age,the reason is they don't want to be a free milk ,so if a man wants milk he has to buy the Cow...
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 825
Posted: 5/4/2011 7:49:20 AM
I don't actually know any that are desperate to get married, just ones that desperately want to get unmarried.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why are women over 40 so desperate to get married?