Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > WHY DO MEN HEAVILY PURUE, THEN ONCE THEY SEEM TO HAVE CONQUERED THE P      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Royce315
Msg: 176
view profile
History
WHY DO MEN HEAVILY PURUE, THEN ONCE THEY SEEM TO HAVE CONQUERED THE PREY, LOSE INTEREST?Page 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Hormones.. men like to conquer.. want what we can't have.. we're pigs/dogs/all kind of animals.. all men want is sex... yeah yeah yeah.

There are so many reasons why this happens. I think this is a common one.

Caring man cares about a girl and pursues her with the intent to get to know her better and commit to her. He is more likely to do things such as... be nervous , make an effort to please her , put her on a pedistol , treat her like a prize ect. To him there is much to loose.. a girlfriend/potential wife/love.

Un-caring man doesn't care about the girl , he pretty much just wants to f**** her. He is more likely to do things such as.. speak his mind , not show too much eagerness , call out her bs , be smooth/calm/collected ect. To him there's not much to loose.. its just p**** afterall.

I believe most women will instinctively kick caring man to the curb. Then go screw un-caring man's brains out. Then those oxytocin's start flowing in their brain; that hormone that causes men and women to bond during sex (women produce much more obviously). Then they wonder why he doesn't seem so interested in a relationship he never wanted in the first place.

Sometimes a caring man does get it right if he knows what he is doing but once he gets to know her he may realize that the girl isn't right for him. Most men upon realizing they have invested so much effort , time and/or $$$ on a woman , they feel like it would be a waste to not sleep with her at least once. So they may wait until it happens to end things. To men sex is not abundant. Women can always find sex so its hard for them to understand this.
 vanililly
Msg: 177
WHY DO MEN HEAVILY PURSUE, THEN ONCE THEY SEEM TO HAVE CONQUERED THE PREY, LOSE INTEREST?
Posted: 2/22/2009 9:46:36 AM
Do you keep chasing a taxi after you've had a so-so ride on it?
 sculpturepainter1
Msg: 178
WHY DO MEN HEAVILY PURUE, THEN ONCE THEY SEEM TO HAVE CONQUERED THE PREY, LOSE INTEREST?
Posted: 2/22/2009 10:33:00 AM
OK Put it another way.....Why do women quit answering the phone or mail? May be he's just not that interested in you because he used his fuel tank up and has to decide in a MATURE fashion what he wants. It can be that he isn't mature enough in relationships to really know that hormones do wear done and choices are what creates relationships. That is why slow is always best. Do you know how many times I heard the saying "hot guy" that turns out to be the one you have to take care of like you're his mother? I see this in and adult Sunday school class at a church I attend. Lot's of moms taking care of there husbands and they don't even realize it.
 LakeCountyGal
Msg: 179
WHY DO MEN HEAVILY PURUE, THEN ONCE THEY SEEM TO HAVE CONQUERED THE PREY, LOSE INTEREST?
Posted: 2/28/2009 2:26:58 PM
Men lose interest for many reasons, but its not really fair to them to assume they all lose interest for the same reason.

Men like a plan, and that includes dating.

Sometimes they lose interest because they are the types that get a "rush" off the chase, but lose interest once they "have" you. Some continue this pattern for years, because its what they are used to, and some just enjoy the chase. They're not ready to settle with anyone, no matter how wonderful you think you are as a woman.

Or sometimes they lose interest, because they've "had" you for a while, but in that time, they realized they aren't as into you as they thought they were, and want to move on.

Sometimes they lose interest, because they've finally gotten you into bed, and you're just not what they were looking for sexually, so they lose interest and want to move on. Or they've already decided they aren't that into you, but they aren't going to pass up an opportunity for sex. Once you have sex, they're outta there.

Sometimes, men see us as cars. They want to test drive as many of us as possible, before they find exactly what they are looking for. Because in a guy's mind, it doesn't matter how great the car he has is. There's always a possibility of a better model out there, and they want to make sure they didn't miss out on it.
 moneymoses1
Msg: 180
Posted: 2/28/2009 5:02:32 PM
Using hunting and food as a metaphor for chasing women is a way for women to understand how every man thinks. We want to eat everyday. Some men eat too much and others fast during the week. Some have a large appetite and some eat regular. The hungrier the man the more ambitious the hunt becomes. Some men prey or fish for food. Some don't chase they just set "traps" for their prey. Others take the easy way out and go to the meat market and buy what they want.

Men who do long hard hunts for food usually have sandwiches packed so they're not hungry during the hunt. It makes the hunt more fun. Like hunting animals you know you're not going to eat. It's all about the GAME.

Most guys these days set traps for their prey. Appear gentle, entice the prey to come to him with food trails (cash, jewelry, flowers, notes, etc) and hidden traps (nice car, nice clothes, cologne, etc). You would think ducks got hip to the decoy and fake duck calls but generation after duck generation fall for the same traps.

In these modern days, there is no shame in going to the grocery store to buy your food. It's cheaper and less time consuming than hunting. No guns, ammo, pick up truck and huge freezer to buy. Just go to the deli and pick out your favorite piece of meat then go home and eat.

Personally i don't like women who play hard to get. They usually end up being high maintenance selfish and self centered anyway. So i would chase just to conquer and break their ego. That's my reason for a long chase and lose interest.

fra59e
Msg: 181
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2009 5:04:14 PM
In my opinion, any man who thinks you relate to women as "prey" to be "pursued" is not worth knowing. He is a barbarian. A stale relic of the past.

Any woman who expects to be "conquered" is not worthy of a man's respect. A prize is not a person, she belongs in a County Fair carnival on the midway.

Healthy rewarding enduring human relationships are built on equality, and on affection freely given, not pursued or won or bought, and it goes both ways.

Breaking news: Men and women are equal human beings worthy of equal respect. Jane Austen has been dead for 200 years. Humans came down out of the trees a few thousand years ago. Competing and hunting are for your ancestors in the jungle.

The cave man with a club is now just a comic book figure. The princess who awaits Prince Charming is an old fairy tale. Modern human beings have desires, express their desires, set out to satisfy those desires, pay the price, and treat each other as equals.
 moneymoses1
Msg: 182
Posted: 2/28/2009 5:59:29 PM
Wow! How beautiful. I hear your theme song. I see the flower trail left behind you. Funny thing is...you're right. I used to think of women as such until i was used and broken hearted several times. Just as women who think of all men as dogs. Once you go through bad experiences one too many times then it's back to basics. Is there a woman deserving of my commitment? I have doubts at my age. So until someone comes to prove me wrong...women are prey. Sex is easier to get than an honest long term commitment. Women get bored faster than men. They need romance more than us, they need attention more than us, they just need more than us! We give and give and give and all we get back is what we gave wasn't good enough so on to the next man who gives more. Not all women are guilty of this but enough to create "the dog" in a man. Prey, chase and conquer...yes it's basic caveman mentality but a woman don't know a good thing when they got one. They're looking for Prince Charming
 karma1160
Msg: 183
Posted: 2/28/2009 6:18:28 PM
I think it is because some people just need someone elses approval . They need to have someone else want them so they can feel wanted. It has nothing to do with the other person they probably could not give you five reasons as to why they even like the other person. It is sad because I can tell you personally that if a woman or a man waits until he or she is sure and then you walk away not only are you walking away on something definitely worth investing more time into but now the next person he or she meets will have to work that much harder to gain trust. So walla you have managed to soothe your narcissitic needs and mess up someone elses belief system in the process .
 forumologist
Msg: 184
Posted: 2/28/2009 8:51:51 PM
It's predatory behavior of an emotional kind.

It's sport.
 forumologist
Msg: 185
Posted: 2/28/2009 9:01:08 PM
moneymoses laid it out clearly girls

He said

<div class="quote"> So i would chase just to conquer and break their ego.

No man is going to break my ego. The more men behave badly the more relieved I am that they are gone.

There's always another just around the corner anyway so it's not hard to get over a jerk. There's plenty to go around.

When a guy shows that is what he's like I feel I dodged a bullet and am glad to see the back of him.

Women are incredibly emotionally resilient. I think it comes for being mothers. You underestimate us and overestimate yourself that you are so important.
 polawola
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2009 9:12:05 PM
Hi, I feel , Oldschoolmair stated it very well. Great , mindfullness...So true with respect for women ..Thank you. This is how I see it.
 forumologist
Msg: 187
Posted: 2/28/2009 9:57:26 PM
.....men persue....conquered the prey.....blah blah

and one wise poster said....

<div class="quote"> This is the foundation of men in this country.

Hello, someone is actually AWAKE and AWARE

but I'd have to add that this is the nature of man all over the world - I know this because I have my eyes open and I watch the world news...it's obvious...it is in the nature of many men to conquer and take advantage of the weak. And most men will follow the most aggressive ones like sheep - men pride themselves on being leaders but in truth...if you look around only a few are leaders...most others follow blindly. Just watch the world news if you don't believe me and you will see men warring all over the world = screaming in the streets for someone's blood on every continent. Well done fellas.

It's a mans world. Are you proud of it. Personally I think it's a disgrace. What are you going to do about the mess you have made???? Are you going to grow up and clean up and learn to get along???? This is tiresome.

So girls. Wise up and don't be vulnerable.

And men...if you want to raise your self esteem by your own accord instead of dragging others down o get your kicks... be a real man and ...do the right thing.

peace and goodnight
 farrant
Msg: 188
Posted: 3/1/2009 2:54:59 PM
Not all men are like that. But I can only speak for me. To some guys its a game.
 OnABoat84
Msg: 189
Posted: 3/2/2009 2:22:30 AM
In my opinion their should always be a chaser and a chasey in a relationship. It keeps things interesting. I think it should be the guy first, but after a while the girl needs to chase some as well. You have to leave your "mate" wanting more.

I'm sure there are many couples who are content not having those titles, but to me that would be boring. I know Im single and all and your probably thinking what do I know. But thats a key to a lot of my friends marriages that keeps it rolling.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > WHY DO MEN HEAVILY PURUE, THEN ONCE THEY SEEM TO HAVE CONQUERED THE PREY, LOSE INTEREST?