Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Creationism or Evolution?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gagged
Msg: 251
Creationism or Evolution?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6057734.stm

What utter poppyc0ck!!!!!
Dr Oliver Curry is, I suspect cringing daily that a piece of 'fluff' that he wrote for Bravo to celebrate their 21st birthday is being touted as real science.

'Men will have bigger willies and women with have perter boobs.'
Was that not a give-away that all was not as it seems?

Sorry guys, but evolution just doesn't work like that.

Thanks for the laugh though.

Oh, and if you're unsure as to the scientific veracity of the article, just have a quick google.

Jim...
Msg: 252
Creationism or Evolution?
Posted: 2/9/2009 3:50:53 AM
I suspect this vision of the future might be accurate;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-mJbMm8854
 Andy.....
Msg: 253
Posted: 2/9/2009 4:05:56 AM

How come mutations like Chavs have managed to survive elimination, surely they cant be the select?

Rapid breeding rate
 Lliwedd
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 3:58:37 PM
"What utter poppyc0ck!!!!!
Dr Oliver Curry is, I suspect cringing daily that a piece of 'fluff' that he wrote for Bravo to celebrate their 21st birthday is being touted as real science."

Hula Moo, my post was meant as a joke! I just remembered this article when I read the post about Chavs!
 jebuspebus
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2009 11:21:15 AM
found this here, http://www.epicidiot.com/evo_cre/prove_it.htm

Moderator: We're here today to debate the hot new topic, evolution versus Intelligent Des---

(Scientist pulls out baseball bat.)

Moderator: Hey, what are you doing?

(Scientist breaks Intelligent Design advocate's kneecap.)

Intelligent Design advocate: YEAAARRRRGGGHHHH! YOU BROKE MY KNEECAP!

Scientist: Perhaps it only appears that I broke your kneecap. Certainly, all the evidence points to the hypothesis I broke your kneecap. For example, your kneecap is broken; it appears to be a fresh wound; and I am holding a baseball bat, which is spattered with your blood. However, a mere preponderance of evidence doesn't mean anything. Perhaps your kneecap was designed that way. Certainly, there are some features of the current situation that are inexplicable according to the "naturalistic" explanation you have just advanced, such as the exact contours of the excruciating pain that you are experiencing right now.

Intelligent Design advocate: AAAAH! THE PAIN!

Scientist: Frankly, I personally find it completely implausible that the random actions of a scientist such as myself could cause pain of this particular kind. I have no precise explanation for why I find this hypothesis implausible --- it just is. Your knee must have been designed that way!

Intelligent Design advocate: YOU **stard! YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!

Scientist: I surely do not. How can we know anything for certain? Frankly, I think we should expose people to all points of view. Furthermore, you should really re-examine whether your hypothesis is scientific at all: the breaking of your kneecap happened in the past, so we can't rewind and run it over again, like a laboratory experiment. Even if we could, it wouldn't prove that I broke your kneecap the previous time. Plus, let's not even get into the fact that the entire universe might have just popped into existence right before I said this sentence, with all the evidence of my alleged kneecap-breaking already pre-formed.

Intelligent Design advocate: That's a load of bullshit sophistry! Get me a doctor and a lawyer, not necessarily in that order, and we'll see how that plays in court!

Scientist (turning to audience): And so we see, ladies and gentlemen, when push comes to shove, advocates of Intelligent Design do not actually believe any of the arguments that they profess to believe. When it comes to matters that hit home, they prefer evidence, the scientific method, testable hypotheses, and naturalistic explanations. In fact, they strongly privilege naturalistic explanations over supernatural hocus-pocus or metaphysical wankery. It is only within the reality-distortion field of their ideological crusade that they give credence to the flimsy, ridiculous arguments which we so commonly see on display. I must confess, it kind of felt good, for once, to be the one spouting free-form bullshit; it's so terribly easy and relaxing, compared to marshaling rigorous arguments backed up by empirical evidence. But I fear that if I were to continue, then it would be habit-forming, and bad for my soul. Therefore, I bid you adieu.
 Thirst for Romance
Msg: 256
Posted: 3/18/2009 11:55:35 AM

metaphysical wankery.

Phrase of the week!
 _carl_
Msg: 257
Posted: 3/18/2009 5:52:04 PM
Im going for evolution. if creationism is true then that means the bible is and im going to hell.
 BearHeartUK
Msg: 258
Posted: 3/18/2009 6:42:13 PM
If you believe in the bible's version of existance then you've got to deny all science.
Maths, physics, chemistry, geography, astronomy, geology.

If you believe in the bible then 2 + 2 = 4 is wrong because ALL science must be wrong, not just selective bits.

If you believe in the bible yet live in a modern home and drive a car, you're being hypocritical because they came to you thanks to scientific endevour.

However, if you believe that a supreme being created the universe in such a way that evolution could take place then science cannot disprove it.
If you're an athiest, how can you discount the possibility without scientific proof that 'there is no god'?
 Humbum
Msg: 259
Posted: 3/19/2009 1:42:51 AM
POST 255...

The accent of the human species is now being attributed to a defect in DNA transmission around 2M years that created a weaker jaw muscle.

On the basis a weakness led to dominace of a species, God forbid, Chav could be the dominant species of the future...
 Gagged
Msg: 260
Posted: 3/19/2009 2:15:57 AM

The accent of the human species is now being attributed to a defect in DNA transmission around 2M years that created a weaker jaw muscle. On the basis a weakness led to dominace of a species, God forbid, Chav could be the dominant species of the future..

Eh?

You mean the reason they're all "safe, innit" is down to DNA 2M years ago? Did Burberry evolve because of that too?
 Lliwedd
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2009 4:56:46 AM
"However, if you believe that a supreme being created the universe in such a way that evolution could take place then science cannot disprove it.
If you're an athiest, how can you discount the possibility without scientific proof that 'there is no god'?"

Science cannot disprove the existence of Santa Clause either. Does that mean he really exists?
 The BFH
Msg: 262
Posted: 3/19/2009 5:32:30 AM
Scientists at the moment are trying to prove whether NDE's (Near Death Experiences) are a real occurrence or a manifestation of the brain.
After the 3 year study, if it does comes back that consciousness can survive outside of the body surely it will start throwing some weight into the creator theory and the reverse if it comes back negative?... whatever the outcome it will be interesting.

On a side note also, the study was started at the beginning of 2009 and is said to last 3 years, so that will make it 2012, the year some say we will enter a new age of spiritual enlightenment lol... It's a funny old world
 Humbum
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:20:58 AM
- Hula Moo -

"You mean the reason they're all "safe, innit" is down to DNA 2M years ago? Did Burberry evolve because of that too? "

Sniff Sniff yerr awlwight babe awldis everlooshun shite makz me bwain urt dunit...

Not yet, Chav is a recent DNA mutation and evolution has yet to play it's part in potentially making it the dominant species of the future...

As Burberry was founded in 1856, I suspect it's the otherway around. Thomas Burberry created the Chav DNA mutation to ensure his hiers and successors had access to an expanding base of docile customers ....
 Bright1Raziel
Msg: 264
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:39:20 AM
On a side note also, the study was started at the beginning of 2009 and is said to last 3 years

Ho hum.

You do know this supposed three year study was actuall started way back in 1970.
It was also started in 1971.
It was also started in 1972.
It was also started in 1973.
It was also started in... (Insert the curent year).

There have actually been several studies into NDEs, all of which have come up negative. The most famous and ongoing trial is a certain hospital on the east coast that has phrases writen on the tops of cupboards and light fightings, so that if someone were to have a NDE they would be able to tell the doctors whar was writen on top of the lights. It began sometime in the 80s and is ongoing, yet so far no one has gotten any of the phrases even close, and to begin with, no one even knew there were phrases up there.

\/ \/ \/ \/ it would only take one proven case to make OoBE a reality. It would certainly make the world an intresting place if proven!!!
 The BFH
Msg: 265
Posted: 3/19/2009 6:44:05 AM
Ah... I have only heard about the recent study where they seemed to make out that they will finally know once and for all... lol

Ah well, maybe this time then? ... Come on patients!

I won't hold my breath though... just in case
 big hairy rob
Msg: 266
Posted: 7/24/2009 9:01:04 AM
All boils down to belief. Belief negates the requirement of fact, which is handy as their really is about as much proof either way!
 You_too_
Msg: 267
Posted: 7/24/2009 9:38:29 AM
The best one I heard is that we're all part of a computer program!!!!!!

The story goes that thousands of years ago some other life form created computers just as we have done today. Just as we now do they used computers to try and predict the future, (as we are now doing for say global warming).

Over the thousands of years their computer models got so good that they modeled reality near perfectly. You can't tell the computer model from reality.

So we're all just part of that computer model but we can't tell that we are - we're basically all one big experiment waiting for an alien to decide what to program in and try out next.

Can't remember his name but it came from some maths boffin who proved mathematically that this theory was possible.

Or to put it another way, we're all just part of some super advanced Playstation game for aliens.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Creationism or Evolution?