Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > yes or no? Friends with benefits!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 26
yes or no? Friends with benefits!Page 2 of 44    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Nope. Not into meaningless sex. Besides, "friends with benefits" is a crock. Where's the benefit of having this friend when things aren't going well, and you need a shoulder to cry on? Unless you're giving them sex, they're worthless. I don't need friends like that.
 Babylonia
Msg: 27
yes or no? Friends with benefits!
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:24:12 AM
^^I WAS only kidding, Y.

I've never been the kind of person who can sleep with someone without having some sort of an emotional attachment to them. And quite honestly, nobody has ever really had any kind of control over me in that regard, unless I was in love with them.

So I guess having sex with the man I love would be my ultimate Nirvana. To each his/her own.
 justaguy13
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:35:07 AM
I agree in part with YamIhere (damn, did you feel a tremble in the Force?). Since I've decided to remove myself from the dating market and have no desire to "aquire" the interest of women I meet, I am finding that women are even more responsive to my straight from the hip attitude.

**bangs head on keyboard in confusion**make it stop, make it stop, make it stop**

Holy MOlly.....I just sounded like Grubeci........
 sddude
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:43:08 AM
Three chicks last year asked me to be their friends with benefits , I wussed out , I wanted a normal wussy relationship with them , they just wanted sex cuz they knew i would never bore them cuz I am a fun guy to be with .

women do not take me seriously anyway , too nice .

I should have gotten all three f buddies and they wanted exclusiveness could have juggled them and had some fun .

Patty for t w th nights was her schedule , school and work only allowed that ,

Kathy for daytime any day of the week for me ,

and

Rednick barbie doll amy for the weekends , she was so hot .

Yes I was stupid , guys just place me on the king of dorks throne.
 YamIhere
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:52:30 AM
LOL, Justa, I am truly the Dark Side to your Federation .... Come to the Dark Side!!! However, I think it’s highly unlikely I will ever reveal myself as your father
 diamondude
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:55:49 AM
Now that's funny!!!LMAO
 nrk
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/17/2005 8:59:55 AM
I think with the right person (no 's'!) it could be a good thing. And if it was with a "friend" it wouldn't be meaningless...THAT would fall under a different category!

***hands sddude a tiara***
 YamIhere
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:01:48 AM
@Babyloni,
Sorry, I didn't mean to make it seem like I thought you were out sleeping around. My most sincere apologies if that's how it read.
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:06:36 AM
nope...
 cooldude
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:11:02 AM
Good answer bunnybaby_81! Expecially your first reply.
 YamIhere
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:12:49 AM
@NRK,
I agree. I've done it and it was perfect for both parties in those situations. Not everyone is focused on finding the "love of their life." For some of us, there are more important things in life. But having a nice dinner date followed by uhm ... well ... yanno ... is a great release every so often.

Hell, my bestest female friend is a friend w/ benefits, but that doesn't include sexual benefits, by mutual decision. But we are there for one another. We serve as social BF/GF for one another, an occasional dinner date, a drinking buddy after a particularly stressful week or just a person to snuggle up with and watch a movie on a cold, snowy winter's night.

How is that different from BF/GF? There's worlds of difference. We have no expectations of, or commitment to one another. We understand that we both live lives that do not afford time or space for a "third party" (we're both single parents, professionals and graduate students) and we both date other people and hold no animosity toward one another when those "other" dates take place. And neither of us get upset if one simply doesn't have time for the other. God, could you imagine me telling a GF ... "Sorry, I can't spend any time with you for the next three weeks," and offering no further apology or caring at all about any protest? It's a much better situation, IMHO.
 Apocx
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:30:19 AM

whats the point of sleeping with someone u dont even care for?

I'm young and still making my mistakes and testing the waters, so for me, it's all good right now.
 moist
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:32:15 AM
I think its funny how some of you assume that just because someone has a FWP that they are gonna get pregnant or an STD!
The point of a FWP(friend with privalges) is someone you can have sex with that is safe.
Some people are stupid, but most use protection. Come on now...

To each their own, but dont act like people with FWPs are stupid people.
 nrk
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:33:05 AM
@ YamIhere...that's exactly what I've been thinking (well, except I want the sex part, too) BF/GF relationships come with certain expectations (as they should!!) that I just don't always have the time to fulfill. I guess one of my concerns would be that one or the other would become more emotionally enmeshed than intended and wind up hurt in the long run.
 nrk
Msg: 40
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:35:17 AM

The point of a FWP(friend with privalges) is someone you can have sex with that is safe.

EXACTLY!
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 41
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:35:48 AM

Some people are stupid, but most use protection. Come on now...

moist,
Go and find the condom thread on here. You'd be shocked as to how many men refuse to wear condoms.

With that said, a FWP isn't committed to that one person, therefor, is free to sleep with whomever else they choose, at any given time.

Scary thought, isn't it?
 Frrosty
Msg: 42
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:40:01 AM

Safe? You mean you goto the clinic and check? And you mean that you are their ONLY friend with benefits? (are u sure about that?)

Nope. Not into meaningless sex. Besides, "friends with benefits" is a crock. Where's the benefit of having this friend when things aren't going well, and you need a shoulder to cry on? Unless you're giving them sex, they're worthless. I don't need friends like that

I'm with her.

Maybe the word "friend" should be examined here. I THINK the term you REALLY mean is a personalized whore for free who you owe nothing to and can use for your own pleasures with no expectations of any actual committtment to give a fu*k about them.

And s dude...you could have even rented the other two out on your off nights!! DUMMY!!!

(kiddin...but...grrrr)

And if it was with a "friend" it wouldn't be meaningless

Then what do you define it as? A relationship...heaven forbid?

BF/GF relationships come with certain expectations (as they should!!) that I just don't always have the time to fulfill.

Unless you actually set groundrules for the relationship, but you're right; that just takes too much effort and communication. What expectations do you speak of here? That you will not f*ck others? Is that the big one that is so hard to adhere to?

Cess
Msg: 43
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:48:21 AM
I don't like to use someone for meaningless sex, don't like to be used.

that thing of friends with benefits is just stupid.
 *BumbleBee*
Msg: 44
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:50:19 AM
No, I don't have one and am not interested in having sex with anyone I'm not in a LTR with.
 MsRedDress
Msg: 45
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:51:18 AM
freinds with benefits= thinks of people as disposable

they will use anyone they can... after all... they are only into benefits...
not people
 moist
Msg: 46
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:51:27 AM
I dont have sex with men that refuse to wear a condom.
I tend to know who ever pretty well. Normally its someone I have been friends with.
So yes its safe, least for me and my FWP!

Aint it better than just sleeping with strangers?? BEtter than a one night stand!!
 nrk
Msg: 47
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:52:14 AM

Then what do you define it as? A relationship...heaven forbid?

Well of COURSE it would be a "relationship"...just like all associations I have with the various people in my life...they just fall under different 'classifications', as it were...

But I find this thread really interesting! Haven't gone this route myself...have considered it, so appreciate all the various opinions...all food for thought!!!

Frrosty
Msg: 48
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:53:00 AM
freinds with benefits= thinks of people as disposable

they will use anyone they can... after all... they are only into benefits...
not people

*scratches head*

I think that may be the truest defiinition right there.

Well of COURSE it would be a "relationship"...

As would the hunter prey relationship

as would the jailer and prisoner relationship

as would the enemy vs enemy relationship.

I think MS Reddress summed it up perfectly.
 MsRedDress
Msg: 49
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:53:58 AM
friends with benefits... lol

a man must have come up with that term to avoid
paying a prositute.
The prostitute was so dumb... she thought that he was sincere
and her friend...
it caught on.. and now dumb prostitues everywhere are wondering
why their income has gone down to nothing....

moist
Msg: 50
Posted: 5/17/2005 9:56:39 AM
Wow...not all women want some big old drama filled relationship. Sometimes in life ya just want SEX!! And nothing better than having a good safe friend to call when that need arises! I care about my FWP..he is one of my best male freinds. So to say we dont care..or say its like prostition aint always the case. SO maybe you all should generalize it so much. May not be for everyone, but for some it works great.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > yes or no? Friends with benefits!