Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > yes or no? Friends with benefits!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rachael26
Msg: 976
yes or no? Friends with benefits!Page 40 of 44    (4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44)
Friends with benefits are a wonderful thing if you both have boundries and agree with what is going to happen. I have had them and they work for me but it really depends on the person.
 BackToTheGypsy
Msg: 977
yes or no? Friends with benefits!
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:30:53 PM
It's not that fulfilling, but every now and then, yeah.
 Wild DNA
Msg: 978
Posted: 9/19/2009 7:31:45 PM
That never did turn my head. "Friends w Benfets". I think if I'm gonna give any part of me to any man , it's NOT gonna be for the fun and excitement of "while it last". I need more substance than that.

So I would have to politely say....no

but that's just me.
 Pontoon guy
Msg: 979
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:06:18 PM
Friends with benifits are great! now most ladies won't like that statement, but it is possible to just use sex as a way to relax and turn down the stress level a wee bit!
Doug
 Sannia
Msg: 980
Posted: 9/20/2009 7:08:37 PM
I would say Yes, as long as both parties are pretty damn sure that is what they really need and want. Otherwise, it's more trouble than benefit.
 Wiyan
Msg: 981
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:24:50 PM
guess I'll pass on all the fwb offers to you ravenstar. I want so much more than just FWB!
 attractivetomboi7
Msg: 982
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:16:16 PM
My feeling on this topic is neutral. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't (depending on if I let my guard down or not).
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 983
Posted: 9/20/2009 9:29:27 PM
Yes. Make your intentions clear.
Once in a relationship, invest your feelings in that person.
 NothingLeftToBurn
Msg: 984
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2009 11:57:28 PM
Also, I'd like to add that having friends with benefits can be like having multiple sex partners, the ride might come to a crash, but it's always fun on the way down.
 Czech Roma
Msg: 985
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:29:19 PM
NO, never, it is demeaning to one self and it is abusing sex.
 MyFunIsAnArtForm
Msg: 986
Posted: 10/24/2009 11:20:37 PM
As long as you make it clear with each other.
Now when you have to date someone you have to change unless you both like drama....not good.
 RealCountry64
Msg: 987
Posted: 10/25/2009 12:05:36 AM
In my situation, FWB has worked. It was a case of a relationship that didn't work out simply because we both wanted different things. A fwb connection was made a few years later and it's been a safe place to turn every so often when life seems to be getting too frustrating. If either is seeing someone else, we totally respect that. But when both are unattached, why not????
 ForumGoddess
Msg: 988
Posted: 10/25/2009 12:50:48 AM
YES, Perfectly reasonable agreement if neither party is otherwise attached and SOOOOO much fun! I've had a FWB for 3 yrs, we're having a blast. Although we've done a crappy job at staying unemotional, but that's another thread, LOL!
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 989
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 12:54:12 AM
WW { Whatever works }
Some people have that kind of work lifestyle where it consumes the quality time given to relationship - look at people working in cities in the financial district! 9+ hours typically!

~sc~
 RK831
Msg: 990
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:14:05 AM
Friends with benefits? Hell yeah! Sure beats the romance, mind games and all the wasted money spent to get to the sex.
 sbee91
Msg: 991
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 7:59:29 AM
it works with certain people...i had one that we always had fun but we both knew if we ever tried to date-we'd end up hating each other...but the sex was great-we had good communication about it....

then u have ones that try and make a relationship out of it even when u've discussed what u want...it can be messy at times and feelings have been hurt/devestated....
 scorpiomover
Msg: 992
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2009 9:42:21 AM

ust wondering how many of you have friends with benefits? Is it a good thing or not? No strings attached...just meaningless sex! I think it has it's benefits! A good stress reliver I may add!
No. I felt like I was just friends when I was dating some people. But they didn't feel the same. It just made me worried.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 993
Posted: 10/25/2009 11:33:24 AM
I have some FWBs/play partners and we have a lot of fun together, but ultimately we're all looking for the "one" person to be with - and that person doesn't happen to be each other. Still, we enjoy each other's company, practice safe sex and are there for each other as good friends. If and when "the one" comes along (again) the FWBs will revert to "just Fs".
 FabulousLaydee
Msg: 994
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2010 12:33:54 AM
I don't think that 's a good idea. There is always the possibility that someone will become jealous or upset
 06mc69
Msg: 995
Posted: 7/19/2010 1:21:44 AM
I had a fwb, but I fell in love with him. He loved me too, but just as a friend.. We are still friends, but have moved on, and it hurts like hell.. The only chemistry we had was sexual.. He had children, but didnt live with him, I have children that do live with me, and his lifestyle wasnt suitable for children.. So, we have remained friends, sometimes he still comes by for a romp, and I do oblige. We dont see each other as often, because he is in a relationship now, and it kills me that our fwb situation is pretty much over, except for once in a while when he wants balls to the wall sex as he puts it. So, its a good thing if you can keep your heart out of it, unlike me.. I still love him very much to this day, even tho I feel like I was taken advantage of at times.
 barefootkitten
Msg: 996
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2010 6:27:23 AM

We dont see each other as often, because he is in a relationship now, and it kills me that our fwb situation is pretty much over, except for once in a while when he wants balls to the wall sex as he puts it. So, its a good thing if you can keep your heart out of it, unlike me.. I still love him very much to this day, even tho I feel like I was taken advantage of at times.

He's in a relationship, yet still sees you for sex? Wake up honey, he IS STILL taking advantage of you.

Those who have sex with people knowing they are in a relationship are just as bad as the people who cheat on their SOs.
 ladyc4
Msg: 997
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2010 9:00:07 AM

We dont see each other as often, because he is in a relationship now, and it kills me that our fwb situation is pretty much over, except for once in a while when he wants balls to the wall sex as he puts it. So, its a good thing if you can keep your heart out of it, unlike me.. I still love him very much to this day, even tho I feel like I was taken advantage of at times.

He's in a relationship, yet still sees you for sex? Wake up honey, he IS STILL taking advantage of you.

Those who have sex with people knowing they are in a relationship are just as bad as the people who cheat on their SOs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup. FwB is a perfectly acceptable interaction when the 2 parties are not in relationships with other people. This crosses the line. Grow a backbone, girl. I suspect that this one-sided deal is probably keeping YOU out of a more defined relationship with any other guy, which is exactly what this cheatin'-ass player wants.
A FwB does not expect to "progress",it's not goal-oriented. But it also does not participate in cheating on a SO.
Cindy O
 Pingshooter
Msg: 998
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2010 2:39:29 PM
I've known a couple of people who had FWB..none of it worked out, someone always got emotionally hurt.

I am not saying it doesn't work for some..I am sure it does, but..couldn't work for me.

If I have sex with someone, call me old school, I feel it is very personal.
If I needed relief, that's what masturbation is for. Again, just my opinion.
 m_church
Msg: 999
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2010 3:02:50 PM

So, we have remained friends, sometimes he still comes by for a romp, and I do oblige. We dont see each other as often, because he is in a relationship now, and it kills me that our fwb situation is pretty much over, except for once in a while when he wants balls to the wall sex as he puts it. So, its a good thing if you can keep your heart out of it, unlike me...

Let's see, in one post you managed to show...
1... That FWB's are usually not a good idea...
2... That FWB's end up usually with one person developing an attraction and or getting hurt....
3... That keeping in touch with an Ex is not a good idea...

I still love him very much to this day, even tho I feel like I was taken advantage of at times

Ummm honey, if he's still fcuking you, he's taking advantage of you, and of the person he's in a relationship with... and if he'll do it with both of you, he's probably doing other people too.... Get an STD test...
 harmonyharvest
Msg: 1000
Posted: 7/19/2010 4:28:00 PM
I don't think it is a good thing. It can also bring on stress too, when one of the two start to get attached.

If your a spiritual person it can steer you off course too.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > yes or no? Friends with benefits!