Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 InSydney
Msg: 76
view profile
History
How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

It's amazing, isn't it, how many women on this thread have never been rejected??

Yes it is, isn't it? It makes you wonder why they're still single, doesn't it?
 QUICKSILVER217
Msg: 77
How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?
Posted: 1/8/2008 3:22:06 AM
I haven't had the priviledge but then haven't attempted to pounce anyone either, frankly I am rather really relieved they just look away. I would probably consider myself reprieved of a potentially dreadful and infectious encounter. I would probably think they had an STD and were just being decent - so that would be pretty impressive in my book if something gave me that impression - then again I think all are either infected or are working on it and will cheat given any opportunity anyway.
 PrettyGrnEyes37
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/8/2008 4:22:51 AM
Once again, someone (of either sex) is displaying their personal bias against the other sex by making a sweeping generalization that fits their view on how the world IS.

I'm answering the question in the subject:

How do women feel about being sexually rejected?

Well, duh. How do you think ANYONE would feel about being rejected? Geez, we are all human beings, right? How someone feel depends on the individual regardless of their sex. If you're asking how I feel about being sexually rejected then I'll tell you that I feel embarrassed, hurt and probably angry.

And that answers your second question:

Have you ever failed to get a man you wanted into bed, how did you feel about it ?

Yes I have and how I felt was embarrassed, hurt and angry. Did I express that? Probably not... although I'm sure the embarrassment and hurt showed on my face. As to the anger, that would be directed more at myself than anyone else. And even if I was angry at him, I would never express it as you've described. That's just tacky and embarrassing for everyone.

Lastly, I totally identified with the post-er who talked about the type of rejection that is being ignored when someone "more attractive" is being sought. As an overweight person, I experience this on a daily basis. It's more like being asexual or invisible. It definitely sucks, too.
 sassy_xx
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/8/2008 4:27:58 AM
I've never approached a guy tbh so I've never been rejected.

I don't come to c0ck, c0ck comes to me. :p Naah kidding.

In a relationship sense, it doesn't or wouldn't bother me. You can't always have what you want and us girls seem to find it perfectly acceptable for us to "have a headache" etc, so why shouldn't a guy not be in the mood sometimes. :) x
 Paulc66
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/8/2008 4:45:55 AM
i dont cum across every woman i proposition lol
 Marius66
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/8/2008 6:05:55 AM
Ok OP......I will answer the question.

It depends on the kind of relationship the woman is in.....

If she is in a casual relationship or maybe a one night stand.....I don't think she would feel rejected, if her advances weren't reciprocated....she would move on...because she has nothing to prove.

If it was in a serious/ longterm relationship and her partner was sexually rejecting her....of course she would feel angry and upset....anyone would.

However, for guys....some guys who are rejected sexually in a casual relationship/ one night stand would feel it a blow to their masculinity....become abusive and angry towards women because they can't get their rocks off and that the women had the gall to refuse them....

The guys would then jump on pof and post attention seeking and pity threads against women and bash them in the forums.....

By the number of pity/ attention seeking threads i have seen......i think sexually rejected guys outweigh the number of sexually rejected women.....just my 2 cents
 browneyesboo
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2008 7:19:53 AM
maybe the reason there are so many woman on here that haven't been rejected is because
a. they've been in a long term relationship and don't necessarily consider a no a rejection...more of a bad timing sort of thing.
b. they don't proposition men in situations where they aren't sure the answer will be yes.
c. they don't proposition men at all. they figure if they are in a relationship...the sex will happen naturally when both are feeling comfortable.
d. all of the above.
The problem could be there are people who are more casual about sex than others.
if you are a casual sort of person...then you need to find a like minded individual...otherwise rejection will be your middle name.
with that said...no. I've never felt I've been sexually rejected...ever.
and I agree with the poster who said many in here are seeking pity threads or they just like to bash women in the threads. (and the same goes for the woman that do the same thing)
There are a lot of angry people in here...and they take out their anger in these forums.
and thats why I'm still single.
 Urbanessa
Msg: 83
Posted: 1/8/2008 9:41:35 AM
Sometime in your adult lives you've tried to make a pass at a guy and failed.

Um ... no.
Never happened.
But then, I've never been into one-night thingies anyway, so I guess I am not your target group. It clearly never happened in any relationship I've had.
 KinkyBastard
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/8/2008 3:43:07 PM
I definitely ain't God's gift to women (and wouldn't want to be either... I like my space LOL!), but I have turned down some women after their sexual advances.

These things happened LONG ago when I was young, at University and where I was lucky to meet plenty of sexually curious women, determined to have a great time.

In fact, now that I look back on it, I could have, perhaps should have had a hell of a lot more sex during that time. But I was actually quite shy and so didn't always take up the advances (shoots self in head , ).

Anyway, unlike some women, I refused them all with some tact and sensitivity. In fact, I've even been friends with some of them. So it's not all that bad. Anyway, most of the time they were under the influence, so it's all usually forgotten about the morning after LOL.
 Levi501s
Msg: 85
Posted: 1/8/2008 5:17:39 PM
InSydney,

Good point!!!!!!!!!!
 Barbies Older Sister
Msg: 86
Posted: 1/8/2008 8:59:04 PM
Since I'm pretty new to the whole sex game, I don't have a lot of confidence yet, so to be rejected....man, it was pretty devastating. I could think it all out logically, but the emotional part still hurt. Was it as bad as it would be for a man? Who knows? Can you measure that kind of thing?
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/22/2008 11:48:34 PM
Well, I solve that problem by not seeking anything sexual until I'm certain he's into me.
 Tarika
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2008 11:55:49 PM
I've never been sexually rejected...ummm, not sure how I would handle it. I'd probably say "well f**k you then!" LOL
 Euroalex
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 12:05:46 AM
they feel bad, period.

I agree with you OP they feel worse due to exactly the same thing you mentioned.

some may even think you are gay or something wrong with you if you reject a woman....

at the same time probably they will remember you forever
 jrbickers123
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 12:17:09 AM
when it comes to asking for a sexual encounter men are like shotguns and women like snipers.

Men will ask as many women as possible, knowing that one will eventually say yes.

Women carefully select their targets, they watch them like a hawk, they prepare their "attack". and they chose their "victim".

naturally men are going to get rejected a lot more than women just because of the strategies we tend to use.

Women feel just the same as men do about sexual rejection, they just don't feel it as often because they dont ask every guy they see.
 Ismene1
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/23/2008 3:33:00 AM
Several years ago, in a deserted bar early in the morning, there was only me and a young woman who simply wasn't my type.
I won't say what type that is but she wasn't anywhere near it.
This girl came onto me so strong it was obvious what she wanted, but sorry I do have my standards.
When she finally got the clue that she wasn't going to get anywhere, she proceeded to insult me in the most vile way she could think of. Naturally, she called me gay, and even said I must be some sort of pervert. I've seen this sort of thing lots of times between women and the men who reject them.
Women are every bit as sexist in their attitudes towards men as men are supposed to be towards women, possibly even more.
Not only do a lot of women expect men to screw anything that moves, they are actually disappointed and frequently outraged if we don't, especially when it's not them. And yes, women do have egos too, but that's another topic.

Op, do you need another bullet to shoot yourself in the other foot?
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 92
Posted: 8/23/2008 3:54:22 AM
I don't generally try and get men "into bed" as you put it but once many years ago I had been out drinking with friends (all single gals) and these guys turned up who were friends of one of the girls. I was quite sozzled at that stage and started flirting bigtime with one guy but he kept smiling and kind of ignoring me. I was getting annoyed until my friend pulled me aside and told me his wife had just had a baby and I should leave him alone. So I did but I'm not sure if that was rejection or being ignored. Anyway I couldn't remember a thing the next day...............LOL
 ImAHotMess
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/23/2008 5:32:19 AM
You may want to re phrase that one comment "sometime in your adult lives you've tried to make a pass at a guy and failed" WTF...? lmfao Never even done that, nor have I had it happen. If something is going to happen sexually with a man it has always from my past, involved feelings and some sort of build up ~ not just "oh hell, I think I will try to dew him and see if I get lucky". I have more respect for my body than that!! I don't hide, lord if anything I just say it how it is when and where ever I am! This is lame.
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/23/2008 7:14:26 AM
I only proposition a guy when I'm really interested... I would hope men do the same with me, but since I'm no mind-reader... I dunno.

I have probably been turned down by about 1/3 of the men I've hit on, I'd say... if I had to average it out. I probably don't feel any different about being rejected than you guys do initially... feel bummed, etc., but I snap out of it pretty quick because logic tells me there's gonna be guys who say no.. I kind of expect it.
 dynomiteman4u
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 12:19:06 PM
Simple...

Why take the risk of having sex with a guy who they are not all that attracted to or may not get them off.

Women don't need to ask, or try asking for sex with just anyone.
If need be, women can have better orgasms with their friendly B.O. B. or just about anywhere & anyway they want, & they know it.

The few women I've turned down for a stay over, or an offer to have sex have also become absoultly indignant, did the name calling, insults, threats...etc.
They acted kind of like the poverbial wet hen. When that happens...just move on...
I don't need to be manipulated, put down, or controlled over for sex...
 OhhhWell
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 5:31:20 PM
Never actually tried to get anyone in bed, but have had the luck of experiencing a let down but only after sexual relations happened.
I in the last year have been lucky enough to experience the 'I wouldn't have slept with her if I was sober or not high'
I believe I would much rather get a flat out no over a the above example.
 Mafiachixrule
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:22:31 PM
Women get rejected sexually? What planet do you live on?
I'll report back if this ever occurs. Fail is not in my vocabulary and neither is sex for sport. Perhaps that is the issue, OP.
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 98
Posted: 8/23/2008 8:30:38 PM

Op, do you need another bullet to shoot yourself in the other foot?

lol Imene1 now that was funny.

Op, most women are so busy fighting off a guy that we notice when one isnt hitting on us so why in the world would we then ask them for sex?

I mean seriously some women will take the lead and go after whatever they way ... and bravo for them but even an aggressive woman knows if a man is interested...now at closing time...anyone is fair game and that is what you were that night with that poor girl you rejected.

I think women dont get rejected to start with, we get rejected more into the relationship by guys who tell us how much they want us in their lives and then they disappear for a bit.
 nodorks
Msg: 99
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:09:50 PM
LOL this is such a good thread. Personally, I have never had it happen to me. I can't imagine me taking it very well. I once was rejected kisses because I smoke a cig that night. Man I was so furious for like two days. I mean FURIOUS. So much so, that I got text messaged several times "please call me, I want to talk about this". If it wasn't for his many offers of communication, I would have never spoken to him again, so I can't imagine getting turned down for sex.

Oh wait, I did get the cold shoulder from the ex once, but we weren't really doing so well at the time and I suspected he was getting it somewhere else... does that count? (So no I didn't care... that prick).

It's a rare man who can say NO with good reasons. Most men can't keep it in their pants no matter who is knocking.
 bk0x45
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:20:55 PM
Most? Care to document your source for claiming >50% on this one?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?