Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sapphireeyes
Msg: 98
How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

Op, do you need another bullet to shoot yourself in the other foot?

lol Imene1 now that was funny.

Op, most women are so busy fighting off a guy that we notice when one isnt hitting on us so why in the world would we then ask them for sex?

I mean seriously some women will take the lead and go after whatever they way ... and bravo for them but even an aggressive woman knows if a man is interested...now at closing time...anyone is fair game and that is what you were that night with that poor girl you rejected.

I think women dont get rejected to start with, we get rejected more into the relationship by guys who tell us how much they want us in their lives and then they disappear for a bit.
 nodorks
Msg: 99
How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:09:50 PM
LOL this is such a good thread. Personally, I have never had it happen to me. I can't imagine me taking it very well. I once was rejected kisses because I smoke a cig that night. Man I was so furious for like two days. I mean FURIOUS. So much so, that I got text messaged several times "please call me, I want to talk about this". If it wasn't for his many offers of communication, I would have never spoken to him again, so I can't imagine getting turned down for sex.

Oh wait, I did get the cold shoulder from the ex once, but we weren't really doing so well at the time and I suspected he was getting it somewhere else... does that count? (So no I didn't care... that prick).

It's a rare man who can say NO with good reasons. Most men can't keep it in their pants no matter who is knocking.
 bk0x45
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:20:55 PM
Most? Care to document your source for claiming >50% on this one?
 thatswhatshesaid
Msg: 101
Posted: 8/23/2008 10:47:59 PM
Well, I was going to post a gut wrenching tale of heartache and unrequitted love followed by the spiritual journey of acceptance and inner peace which followed, but since the OP only posted here so he could rail on women for being lazy in relationships, never initiating anything and floating through life on big fluffy clouds of femininity, with nothing but sex and rainbows flung at there feet endlessly, I'm not going to disabuse him of his fantasy.

Keep hangin' out in bars that are open in the morning and using the women you meet there as a basis for all your assumptions about the opposite sex.
 williamaus
Msg: 102
Posted: 8/24/2008 5:48:35 AM
Well dude, ever heard the saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Because i am such a good looking male females hit on me all the time.Believe me i don't like to hurt their feelings and it is hard to do.But you have to be cruel to be kind.Yes, females do not handle rejection as well as us males.That is because they are not used to it and when it happens their **** side is revealed.
 dysfunction_junction
Msg: 103
Posted: 8/24/2008 5:52:41 AM
Put aside the feminine ego for a minute and fess up girls.
Don't hide behind the, " I don't need to do that " facade.
Sometime in your adult lives you've tried to make a pass at a guy and failed.
Did you get angry about it ?

the closest thing i've ever come to making a pass at a guy and failing, is sending someone on POF a friendly email and getting blocked for it. lol, makes me laugh.
op, you must be hanging in some raunchy bars to be rejecting all these women making drunken passes at you
 devuchka
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:52:07 AM
i suppose you've heard about that saying -

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

??

that should tell you everything.

aprilfaery
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/24/2008 11:53:17 AM
Sure I have been rejected. It hurts. However... I don't go on with yelling and screaming and name calling. That certainly isn't going to change the person's mind and it doesn't go very far towards making me feel better. It shows a lack of maturity and would make me some one that I wouldn't want to be with either. Life moves on and you can either move on with it or you can get run over by it... I prefer to move on with life.
 kane stays
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:13:28 PM
My friends have trouble understanding my shyness with men. With them I am very outgoing. Just saying hello to someone I'm interested in takes a lot for me. So I would have to say no, I haven't been rejected. If I were to be I'm sure I would feel hurt and maybe even angry. I don't think anyone likes rejection no matter the sex.
 heartnsoul51
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/24/2008 7:19:10 PM
"I think women are much poorer sports about sexual rejection than men are."
I'll just remind myself that you are a MAN who's just said that!

I'll beg to differ, but men DO get just as insulted when their sexual advances are rejected. I don't think it's a matter of gender, it's simply that no one finds rejection kind and flattering. As for myself, no, I have never failed to get a man into bed, but then I don't go making a habit of trying to either. I have better things to do with my time, I'm choosey about who I sleep with and I'm past the one night fling, stage. Call me boring, ridged, picky or whatever, but it's who I am and I like me that way.

"Women tend to take it a lot harder than men because women don't try as much as men do and they think, since men are supposed to have sex with anyone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"

Exactly where do you get the idea that all women think men are supposed to have sex with anyone????? The men I know are far more discriminating then the ones you seem to know. Any man who DOES still sleep around, is seen as a walking disease bag and women I know, would't touch a man like that with a ten foot pole!
 DNEVANS
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/25/2008 9:58:00 AM
Well I have been rejected quite a bit of times... Normally when asking guys to dance which I'll get embarrassed for a minute but after I leave their table I'm fine. I don't make a big deal out of it. I also been turned down after asking a guy out which is life its going to happen sooner or later u just have to deal with it. I'm really confident so sometimes my confidence level will go down for a while but I don't get all mad and say nasty things to them... Thats just stupid and immature. I've never been sexually rejected but I'm sure that will happen sometime in the future too. lol
 El_Mariachi
Msg: 109
Posted: 8/25/2008 1:49:49 PM

I have found that when a woman is rejected sexually it is possibly the most profound way to shatter their self esteem.

Heh... that's hilarious. Admittedly, my own self-esteem isn't perfect 24/7, but it's still built way better than that. Mike Holmes must've come over to work on it whilst I slept or something cuz it holds even when my sexual advances are rejected.

Women exist with the belief that men would rarely if ever turn down the offer of sex, so to be rejected would be like being rejected for a minimum wage job.

All women, you think?

Pfft.. Ridiculous.

Well dude, ever heard the saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

Cheated on, lied to.. even abused is actual scorn-worthy. Hearing no to sex is not.

But you have to be cruel to be kind.Yes, females do not handle rejection as well as us males.

Saying no to sex doesn't qualify as cruelty, but point taken. Not all males handle it well.. I base this, of course on all the nasty messages I've gotten over the few years that I've utilized dating sites as proof. That women act this way as well is something I find so easy to believe.

Guys I've dated who have turned down sex at any given time had a good reason.. even if that reason was so simple as just not being in the mood at the time. This type of thing shouldn't shock anyone. It happens.

Some women (read: sane women) aren't bothered at all by a turn down. And unless there are other clues to trouble in the relationship, it means nothing.
 Lori_32
Msg: 110
Posted: 8/27/2008 11:05:36 PM
Never happened - do they really do that?
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2008 11:51:50 PM

Who the heck is talking about total strangers here?! People keep commenting that they do not ask strangers for sex....rejection can occur in a RELATIONSHIP too.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And it happened to me. First couple of years were like the 4th of July and then he lost interest. He was quite happy with a platonic best friend snuggly buddy. How did I feel? I was devastated. Really thought something was wrong with me and then I learned he had done the exact same thing in two previous relationships.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 12:07:28 AM
Women initiate sex in a different more subtle way and do so far earlier. Most men don't realize it when it's happening.
It's called seduction. However, in my experience, when a relationship becomes cemented, I (and probably most other women with half a libido) could be every bit as aggressive as a man when it came to initiating sex.
 Sweeet_Melissa
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/28/2008 12:35:54 AM
OP

Have you ever failed to get a man you wanted into bed, how did you feel about it ?

Often I have failed. I do not wait for guys to come to me because then I have to select from what comes my way and I may not like that selection. Instead I do the selecting from the entire pool of men and I go after the ones I want. Sometimes the ones I want are not interested because:
They do not like my personality
Are turned off by my profession
Are afraid of me
Do not like women smarter than them
I had a booger hanging out my nose
Feel threatened by aggressive women
Or a zillion other reasons.

Thus they reject me. Usually it does not bother me but there have been times when it has. Especially those times when I knew if I waited for them to hit on me I could have had them.

When I do get turned down I just walk away. I do not get indignant or insult the guy because I am a lady.
Although, there was that time, after I approached a guy in a bar and got rejected, I went back to my table with my friends and we all pointed at him and laughed. Yea, I was trying to save face and get revenge. So sue me.

edited for this p.s. OP said
I have found that when a woman is rejected sexually it is possibly the most profound way to shatter their self esteem.

Ummmm No, this only applies to women who do not have any self esteem to begin with.
 flanneryfan
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/28/2008 3:07:04 AM
To say that women don't have much experience with being sexually rejected would be inaccurate. For us, it just takes on a different context than asking a man to bed.

Men fall in love with their eyes first. Any female who has been surpassed by a peacock in favor of a prettier girl has been sexually rejected. The women on this forum aren't harking back to the time when a secret crush scarcely bothered to look at them twice, while sending their roomate or their older sister (or their best friend, the girl next door, whoever, whoever) roses on Valentine's Day.

When it seems to happen a lot (as it has for me), it makes you question you sex appeal (I'm really that plain? Am I really that uncool? That unpopular? That banal?) In spite of the advice of all the woman's articles (believe you are a goddess! a diva! convince yourself and you'll convince them!), a girl can't help but make the observation, in its frequency and duration, that her power to "allure" falls into the lower ranks according to the scale of male perceptions.

The Truth hurts (sometimes), but there is Knowledge in Truth and Truth is Power. A woman loves herself better when she embraces it over having an Itch-bit Fit.

Personally, when a man is indifferent toward me, it sets off my "just not that into you" bells. It is HONEST, and I respect that - I don't try to take that away from him in order to help me feel better about myself by carping at him.
 nipoleon
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2008 11:46:43 AM
The wonderful thing about POF is that some subject we bring up a year ago and thought was dead and buried, will be mercilessly exhumed and brought back out into the horrid light of day.
There is no subject which cuts more deeply than our choices in bed-mates.
The heart wants what it wants and we are all slaves to our passions. It's no wonder that many of us feel that love is still governed by fate and the magic of " mutual attraction ". We are insulted that we are not in control of our lives, yet willingly surrender all control of our passions to " fairy tales " and myths.
Why can't love and passion be logical ?
Can't we pick a lover with anything approaching the same reason as we would pick a used car ?
Like a bad gambler, we risk everything on a single turn of the cards, then are devastated when it loses !
But, we get a story to tell to our friends. We get to revel, chest deep, in the self aggrandizement of a loves lost and how that other missed out on the great opportunity we were.
" It's their loss ", we get to comfort ourselves with.
But no, we realize it's our loss, in the dark empty sheets at bed time.
We wagered all we had on a horse which had no interest in even running.
But wait, there is another, perhaps this time we will finally win out and get even !
 WindRoper
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/28/2008 11:46:50 AM
It sucked... and... uhm... not in the good way.
 toomuch13
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/28/2008 2:26:59 PM
No one takes rejection well, male or female. It hurts to be rejected. Some will run with their tales between their legs, some will cry, some will rail against, and some might get a tad physical.

I have been rejected sexually, but that was due to my ex-boyfriend being passive-aggressive and loving to play head games. The rejection did not hurt as bad as knowing the guy was doing it just to be mean and petty.
 bentonlove
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/29/2008 7:22:03 PM
Wear the mens clothes at www.collegelearner.com at you wont be sexually rejected. Go for it!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How do women feel about being sexually rejected ?