Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > why are men so attracted to women that already have boyfriends?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 QazyGuy
Msg: 76
why are men so attracted to women that already have boyfriends?Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
All these theories are commonly repeated, yet total bullshit.

Men don't find you more desirable because you have a man. That is totally irrelevant. However, the more attractive people tend to have more partners, so there is a correlation there. Note that men also really don't care if you have a partner, except insofar as it might affect our safety.

The theory that was expressed, that women who do have boyfriends aren't "trying too hard", are just being themselves, is the one credible thing here.

Lastly, there is no "thrill of the hunt", there is only the "thrill of the catch". I don't want resistance from a woman, I want her acceptance. Easily and instantly.
 Smjle
Msg: 77
why are men so attracted to women that already have boyfriends?
Posted: 10/1/2006 6:17:07 AM
Because it's the pretty girls that have boyfriends. Girls that don't have boyfriends are ugly or they have issues that make them unapproachable.
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2006 11:59:42 AM
^^^^ - There's a big reason right there.

Because it's the pretty girls that have boyfriends.

I don't know how many times lately I have saw a girl that interested me, only to see her BF come dashing over and ruin my dreams. Remember Sherly Crow's song "Isn't it Ironic"?

"Meeting the man of my dreams- and his beautiful wife"

I'll just have to wait around until one of them BF's screw up!

Until then POF forums,
 sexyfunguy
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/1/2006 12:08:35 PM
its alanis morrisette, not sheryl crow. Other than that - I agree with you. Pretty girls will always have boyfriends, even if they are unstable. The only women I know who are single are the ones who want to be.
 Chrysi
Msg: 80
Posted: 10/1/2006 12:44:15 PM
Its the thrill of the chace. Its just knowing that the other person is with someone else, thats exciting! Human nature is competitive, and knowing that we can take that persons time, attention, and affection away from thier significant other is gratifing on some level.......its sick isnt it? But thats how we are we want to know that we can have what someone else can have!
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2006 4:01:23 PM
I stand corrected- good catch there sfguy.

It's not just us guys- a buddy of mine- he's the man- and he's married with kids. That doesn't stop women of all sorts from openly flirting with him. After coming out of a LTR, I was shocked by how much it went on. Made we wonder what had changed while I was "away".

So I guess its just human nature.
 ian1980au
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2006 9:15:54 PM
Well I could ask the same thing about some gay men. How come they hit on guys who they know for a fact are straight?

The fact is there are just some people out there who will simply NOT take no for an answer.
 studplayrico
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:04:16 AM
People want what they can have.
 studplayrico
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:04:55 AM
People want what they can't have.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:13:05 AM
I stand by my original post #57. Women who are in relationships usually feel more complete because of it, and therefore attract men who see them as happy and not needy or incomplete. It's not about the boyfriend, it's about the difference in attitude. Same goes for women who don't feel being part of a couple all the time is crucial. If you are happy being single, you attract men who are drawn to your personality.

Oh, and pretty or ugly has nothing to do with it, as that's all relative. The same woman can be viewed as dreadfully ugly and totally beautiful by two different men. It's just a matter of who's opinion you ask.

And, there are a lot of women that don't want, need or have to have a boyfriend - or have commitment or relationship issues. Looks have nothing to do with it. Just because a woman has men that will date her, it doesn't mean she has to choose to do so.
 shieldvulf
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2006 1:04:30 PM
People love to talk about "forbidden fruit," because it sounds dramatic. Not to mention that it makes homewrecking sound sexy. But you know very well most people are not looking for that fight.

Lilwhip is exactly right. When you get a partner you stop horndogging. You FINALLY get that pathetic, desperate, lonely, lonely expression off your face. You stop with those stupid, stupid openers that never got you anywhere. You stop wearing your shiny slut pants.

Plus you're getting laid regularly, by someone who is interested in everything about you and keeps you in cheerful anticipation of your next encounter all day long. You're HAPPY! Not one of those lonely **stards (and bitshes) down at the Good 'n Plenty Tavern could look half as attractive as you do when you're looking forward to the rest of your day.

Simple when you think about it.

Cheers!

Vulf
 marshw
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/20/2006 6:13:33 PM
If you're married or living with someone, it's hands off. If you just have a boyfriend and I'm interested...I can't help it if you are with the wrong guy. If I'm able to steal you away, then YOU proved my point.
 toscottm
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/21/2006 4:55:21 PM
Maybe because the women without boyfriends aren't attractive. Simple concept isn't it. An attractive woman probably has a boyfriend. There, easy answer!
 oceangreen
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/21/2006 6:20:24 PM
when you get, you attract. it's like people with money who attract more money.
 Dandee71
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:13:46 PM
the grass is always greener syndrome
 Dandee71
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2006 8:14:27 PM
the thrill is always a big part for sure.
 pelone6988
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/21/2006 11:30:40 PM
i think its the other way around woman to guys with girlfriends cuz i can go out bymyself and barely get a look i go out witha girl and there all over i think its woman want what they cant have
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/21/2006 11:34:32 PM
Because they don't have to worry about you getting attached to them, you are suppose to already be attached. It's that plan and simple.

Grass always looks greener the other side of the fence.
 Leefer1968
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/22/2006 6:56:16 AM
I just read through the first page, so forgive me if someone else has already raised this.

I don't think it has anything to do with the "thrill of the hunt" or wanting to take something away from some one else or anything like that.

It really just seems that lots of beautiful, wonderful women have boyfriends. It's a classic thing. You see someone out at a bar, and you know, she's so hot she's got to have a boyfirend already.

Then again, there's a great line from the Movie "Sidewalks of New York" (can't remember it exactly but I'll give it a shot)
"Show me a beautiful woman, and I'll show you a guy who's tired of ****ing her".

Seriously though, if they're in a good relationship, then they're probably happy, and that makes them attractive. Simple as that.
 taurus516
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2006 7:24:17 AM
I could say the same thing about women.I've noticed if I'm wearing a ring,many women will shamelesly flirt and some even get downright almost propositional.These same women wouldn't give me a second glance if I didn't have a ring on.It's almost like the same reaction I see when some women surround a gay guy.It's almost a challenge thing,inwardly thinking,"I can turn him straight"maybe? or is it just that she feels freer to flaunt her sexuality around someone who won't respond?Go figure,another human,male/female anamoly.

Maybe the guys you're running across think of you as a challenge.Personally if a girl tells me she has a serious b/f or if she's married,I look elsewhere.I have no desire to pursue such,it's wrong and it leads to drama.Who needs drama?
 Winebuddy
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/22/2006 7:48:19 PM

You don't think women use men as trophies and sex objects?

GUILTY
the trophies arrive after the sex
 tutu4me
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/22/2006 8:08:27 PM
does not matter what gender you are some of us just find it more challenging and/or risque
 gurlyone
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/22/2006 8:19:12 PM
I don't think they all are, just the scummy ones. More of a challenge for them, making the game more fun maybe?
 *buzz*
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2006 11:36:54 AM
glowing effect?
 FastestManAlive
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/25/2006 12:08:59 PM
I might think a girl with a BF is pretty but I'm not going to pursue her.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > why are men so attracted to women that already have boyfriends?