Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nyach
Msg: 451
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 19 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
It is about choices, and we tend to choose that which is usually unatainable. Our standards are higher for ourselves is all. Younger is a mind set, no-one wants to fade away. So someone younger boosts our self-esteem, increases our libido, and lets us be younger for how ever long this lasts. Yet eventually the bottom line is what we are all looking for. We really want love but if it is lust we have settled for, we have settled for less. Younger is not better it is just for a little period of time until the next generation comes along...the question then is are we rich enough to keep the facade up?
 speedemon68
Msg: 452
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:14:19 AM
Well i know for myself women my age for the most part either refuse to or are incapable of keeping their bodies in shape.Alot of them still dress and have the same style they did in the 80's and when it comes to THE COOL FACTOR it seems to be somewhat non existant.Now don't get me wrong,i'm not saying all,but a large percentage foe sure.As far as i'm concerned i believe i am the exeption to the 40 year old guy rule it would be really nice to find a lady like me!
 nickolysseus
Msg: 453
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:38:57 AM
Re the Opost

Some (older) men think that younger women are "better"
Some (older) men think that older women are "better"
Some (older) men think that all women are "better"
Some (younger) men think that younger women are "better"
Some (younger) men think that older women are "better"
Some (older) women think that younger men are "better"
Some (younger) women think that older men are "better"
and so on and so forth

The operative word here is "think". There is no absolute right or wrong. Live and let live.
 ManeRider
Msg: 454
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2008 7:51:15 AM
^^^^^^^^^ I Totally agree with Speedemon.
So many women over 35-40 have lost their waistline, and they've done little if anything to fend off the ill effects of aging, and as stated above, they seem altogether locked in a style reminiscent of the 80's big hair timeframe. Further, there seems an inability to flow with the times, to adjust or adapt new ways of thinking. I find myself able to communicate with people of all ages, to genuinely relate to older and younger people, but some women my age seem rather stalled, and find it difficult to move and groove. One particular issue is musical taste. I've been able to accept and enjoy a lot of new music styles, particularly the hip-hop and alternative music, yet a number of women I meet can't accept a new musical taste. All of this comes on top of the entitlement many women have come to appreciate, due to the feminist movements, and their ideas on dating are also antiquated, in that men should still "entertain" them, that men should be " at their beckoning call", to repeatedly call (or email), to "chase" them, all the while, every other form of social norms has changed towards a more equal gender posture.
I personally have a much more youthful approach to life. I doubt there are "many" women my age who would go rock climbing, water skiing, rigorous hiking, or any number of other physical activities,. because they've become sedate. They've morphed into a granny-like state, and yet they still anticipate men catering to their wants and desires. Young women, on the other hand, still have this entrenched ideology that older men are gross, disgusting perverts, if they show interest in them. In sharp contrast, many other Countries (Europe, Latin America, Asia, et al) have an enormous appreciation for older men engaging younger women. Americanized women have for ages wanted their cake, and have gotten to eat it too. I think it's time men retract, disregard the old norms, and stand firm in their beliefs that if they are truly fit, socially forward thinking, stylish, able to adapt new patterns, that women who are still stuck in the past can do so all by themselves. I've migrated to a new mentality, and i see no reason why i should step backwards by dating/engaging women who are stuck somewhere in the 80's.

OneMoreTimeWithFeeling
Msg: 455
Posted: 10/2/2008 8:06:50 AM
Meh, who cares who someone else dates or the reasons they are doing it. If you like someone that is young enough to be an child of yours, so be it. I personally wouldn't want to do that because the majority of younger guys I have been with don't have a clue what to do sexually and they become attached too quickly. Plus I have no interest in being a teacher. Sure they are pretty to look at, but beyond that, they can't offer me anything.

Also, when I see the way some younger girls in their 20s acting the fool, I'm amazed anyone can get serious about them.
 wild heart
Msg: 456
Posted: 10/2/2008 9:00:35 AM
I'm with speeddemon and manerider. I seek someone who is NOT an old fuddy duddy. Since I've been working out since my early twenties, I'm seeking the same as I'm interested in keeping fit as I grow older.

It's been my experience that photos are really a killer, people look so much better in person. Not enough people take advantage of the events.

Manerider, I know alot of women older than me who are into hiking, dragonboat racing, working out and they are from 44-54. They complain that they cannot find someone their age that is "young". I think that many people pick up the wrong people online.

I don't find it gross that older men like younger women. I do find some men gross because they dress like trailer trash and then expect to hook a woman who has style and who presents herself well. I'm a firm believe in expecting what you can offer and I think that everyone deserves that.

While many men continue to say that they are going to change their ways, the honest truth is that not much has changed. Unless change is forced, people DO not change. I know, because change was forced on me and now it is easier for me to change my views - just by reading these forums I have changed my outlook and I contact and approach men. I figure I should go after what I want instead of waiting for it. It doesn't net me a thousand messages, but when I do post a somewhat more visually appealing pic, it does net more responses.

As for the chasing thing....here's a story I have posted a million times on here and not ONE person has refutted or debated it:

8 year olds. He comes over, she runs away, he chases her for a while and then gets tired and goes away. 5 minutes later he is back, she runs away, he gets mad and goes away again, 5 minutes later he's back again. Where did they learn this behaviour at 8 years old???? I don't think they learned it, I think it's inside of them. It's going to take many many decades for that to change. Read the forums, most women will NOT contact a man. I don't think that many men are willing to sit around alone paying heed to a "new mentality".

In the end, both sexes lose out. In my opinion, people should be flexible enough to meet halfway. But that's an idea ahead of it's time too.....
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 457
Posted: 10/2/2008 10:06:46 AM
If that's the reason for woman not chasing men, so be it!

It's sad though! I know I have missed opportinities where
a woman was giving (supposedly) strong buying signals but
because of circumstances or ethical considerations, I could
not risk making any assumptions!

I don't know! I'm tired of the whole, trying to decipher the
women's body language thing, to determine interest!

I'm curious what this Trailer Trash style of Dress for men is.
I watch Trailer Park Boys Religiously, and I don't see any one
particular style! lol But I kind of like how the girls dress!
Tight Leopard Skin Pants will always be in style and totally appropriate
just about anywhere as far as I am concerned!
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 458
Posted: 10/2/2008 10:16:06 AM

8 year olds. He comes over, she runs away, he chases her for a while and then gets tired and goes away. 5 minutes later he is back, she runs away, he gets mad and goes away again, 5 minutes later he's back again. Where did they learn this behaviour at 8 years old???? I don't think they learned it, I think it's inside of them. It's going to take many many decades for that to change. Read the forums, most women will NOT contact a man. I don't think that many men are willing to sit around alone paying heed to a "new mentality".

Ha! When I was 8 the little girls used to chase me around. We'd step out for recess, and I'd have half the girls in the class mad at me because I shared my M&Ms with someone other than them.... Of course, they may have just really liked M&Ms.
 wild heart
Msg: 459
Posted: 10/2/2008 10:35:02 AM
^^^Well of course it's all about the candy! Sorry to burst your bubble :)

Trailer trash = I wear a nice dress to an event and most of the guys there end up wearing sweats or their old ratty jeans etc. Women notice when a man makes an effort to look nice too.

I don't understand how a woman is unable to give a clear signal to a man. If I am not interested, I turn away or end the conversation. If I am interested, I look at him, smile and many times go right up and talk to him. Mind you, I've been told I am an anomaly.

Tight Leopard Skin Pants will always be in style and totally appropriate
just about anywhere as far as I am concerned!

Not everyone looks like Shania in leopard skin. Many people have love handles to some degree, but some people don't know how to dress. It's like wearing a tight shirt over a huge gut, not very attractive.
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 460
Posted: 10/2/2008 10:53:06 AM
I don't understand how a woman can't give a clear indication of interest
either! I've had woman flirt with me, touch me, make all the crazy motions,
but they are just being friendly and some are (Happily?) involved so WTF?
Then some get all pissy the next time you see them because you didn't
"get it"! lol

Women are so much smarter then men when it comes to Romance. Why
can't they simply utter a couple of words that would get things going?
Or make something up, like something needs fixing! I thought women
were good at that too, or is that a lost art?

I suspect that if more women ate rice cakes washed down with spring water,
more would like good in those pants! lol
 wild heart
Msg: 461
Posted: 10/2/2008 11:45:32 AM
I put it down to a girl's lack of understanding how a male might interpret that type of touching.

Some women think that when a man asks a woman to dance, she can say yes and it doesn't mean that she's interested. Perhaps men don't take it that way because of the subtle signals women give? I never say yes to a dance unless it's a man I know already or if I am interested. I might be wrong, but I'd rather make my interest or non interest crystal clear.

I'm not sure but I think because most men were raised expecting a woman to be "demure", most men don't really like my upfront attitude. I know some women like this (demure etc) and they are seldom without attention or dates.

Women don't like to ask favours of men because:

Sometimes it's just a favour and not an actual interest.
Society has taught many women that they don't "need" men or anyone for that matter!
Some women have been in a situation where sex was expected in return.

And on and on and on.....
 wild heart
Msg: 462
Posted: 10/4/2008 7:54:37 AM

As for the chasing thing....here's a story I have posted a million times on here and not ONE person has refutted or debated it:

See, yet again nobody debated or refutted it.....
 Sweetenuff074
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 10:14:40 AM
My opinion is some men think younger women are better because they don't realize the worth of an older woman. Their ego gets in the way. If he is 50 and goes out with a woman his age she will possibly be a reflection of his maturity age wise and physically. Keeping it real, what some men don't realize is some women in their 30s are in worse shape, mentally, physically, intellectually, and spiritually then a woman his age or older.

As some men ripen in age they become depresed with the thought sexually and physically they can't do all the things they did at 30 as quickly and as thoroughly when at the age of 50. So being with a younger woman psychologically helps build their stamina, self esteem and ego.

Sweetenuff
 Sweetenuff074
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2008 10:21:39 AM
My opinion is some men think younger women are better because they don't realize the worth of an older woman. Their ego gets in the way. If he is 50 and goes out with a woman his age she will possibly be a reflection of his maturity age wise and physically. Keeping it real, what some men don't realize is some women in their 30s are in worse shape, mentally, physically, intellectually, and spiritually then a woman his age or older.

As some men ripen in age they become depresed with the thought sexually and physically they can't do all the things they did at 30 as quickly and as thoroughly when at the age of 50. So being with a younger woman psychologically helps build their stamina, self esteem and ego. Temporarily erasing the FACT they are getting older.

Sweetenuff
 arthur56
Msg: 465
Posted: 10/6/2008 5:07:06 PM
I gotta get into this thread, because as that rarity of rarities, yes younger women are wonderful to look at, no question, but it comes a time when just looking ain't enough and you have to start talking. I don't want to go out with someone who doesn't know that Paul McCartney played in a band before Wings. I want to know where they were when JFK was shot, because when it is all said and done, talking to each is what is left. I am no "old man". I could probably out work, outdrink, and out do a number of things with men half my age. and, it is not because of pphysical fitness. I am not in a gym everyday, actually the last time I saw a gym was in high school. But my mind and my willpower allows me to do the things I. I don't want to be someone I am not, and too often the men that go for the women 30 years younger, are not being themselves. They are trying to prove something, to themselves, ex wivers, friends, whoever will be looking.

What the hell is wrong with aging gracefully. We have been influenced by Vogue, Elle, Playboy, Hustler, GQ, and god knows what other magazines to become a butch of clones for the advertising industry. Personally, give me a woman who is within 5 years of my age and has had pride in her appearance, and I will take her over any 25 year old drop dead gorgeous girl. Besides the 25 year old is younger that my daughter.
 heywhatchadoin
Msg: 466
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:18:24 PM
Here is a novel thought- how about dating someone who you find attractive, enjoy being with, and have something in common with? If who you are with intrigues you, and makes you walk around with a goofy grin all day, so be it. If we are all adults, why does age have to play such a big factor?
 GreySpot
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:36:34 PM
Younger women? Beats me! I mean, they are nice to look at, but what do you talk to them about? I think women mostly improve with age, sorta like wine, lol.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2008 10:55:39 PM
A lot of people won't admit it... but if the opportunity arises, would most of us really turn it down?
 vrb1955
Msg: 469
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:15:45 PM
What amazes me is that if a older woman pulled this same stunt she would be tagged as a cougar ( a term I detest) where as a older male is a stud.

I do appreciate a younger man's attention.I am flattered but like another poster said . I want to be with someone that knows who the Fab Four were, or saw Stevie Wonder when he played intro forthe Rolling Stones. They remember Dallas, Knots Landing,Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, That Girl,Love American Style

And yes I do remember the day John, Robert ,and Martin were killed
 Amazing Amanda
Msg: 470
Posted: 10/6/2008 11:27:10 PM

GreySpot: Younger women? Beats me! I mean, they are nice to look at, but what do you talk to them about? I think women mostly improve with age, sorta like wine, lol.

The world didn't end with the Fab Four or at Woodstock, or even when JFK died. Some young women can carry a conversation about TODAY'S issues better than many older men. A younger woman can learn from the wisdom of an older man and an older man can be made to feel young again by being with a younger woman and seeing the world through fresh eyes.

I do agree with you GreySpot about women improving with age, the same with men I'm sure. I plan on being a very fine wine when I get older.
 Ear to hear
Msg: 471
Posted: 10/7/2008 7:45:52 AM
Gotta laugh on that one...younger woman tend to not know how to treat a man as an older woman does...be it experience or the time she takes treating a man but younger woman and Ive only been with a couple dont have a clue...lol.Most dont take the time to kiss and relate bfore any real action...might be just the fantasy of being with the young chicks but hasnt been one of mine!I prefer my age or older,well from 40 on up anyway...no woman that could be my daughter...lol.
 vrb1955
Msg: 472
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:00:27 AM
No the world did not end with the Fab Four or Woodstock or any great leader being shot dead in their prime . We just sited those events as page turners in American history and we were there to witness them. It's what we have in common with each other.

You read them in a history book. I have no doubt some young women can carry on a decent conversation about world events. Especially if they major in that subject in school

The biggest problem I see with an older man dating a younger woman is the younger woman drains this guy's bank account and then he wants to whine and moan about . What did he expect ? That his charm was going to carry him to the finish line Oh Please

Just had another thought . How can date a generation of people you have so little respect for? How many times have I seen young people put down some over 40 or 50 on the internet and in real life ? How many disrespect the very people that gave you life ,a place to live, and a good education. I admire you for your youth but some of you have the manners of goats .Evident in the replies that dipped in venom when they were typed.

What was that great line in Fried Green Tomatoes after Kathy Bates rammed her car into a smart a** blond 20 something's car

Because I have better insurance !

paullookingfornow
Msg: 473
Posted: 10/7/2008 8:10:01 AM
i make love too younger women cos I find bits dont drop off so often...
 Amazing Amanda
Msg: 474
Posted: 10/7/2008 6:46:46 PM

vrb1955 : I admire you for your youth but some of you have the manners of goats .Evident in the replies that dipped in venom when they were typed.
Did you say some of us young people have the manners of goats ? Did you dip that reply in venom when you typed it?

vrb1955: You read them in a history book. I have no doubt some young women can carry on a decent conversation about world events. Especially if they major in that subject in school
I was told of these historic events by my parents and my college professors. I can carry on a conversation about historic events because I'm intelligent. I don't have the emotional connection that those who lived the events have but that doesn't mean I'm clueless.

vrb1955: The biggest problem I see with an older man dating a younger woman is the younger woman drains this guy's bank account
Sounds like a stereotype.

vrb1955: How can "you" date a generation of people you have so little respect for?
Another stereotype. I was taught to have respect for my elders and you won't find evidence to the contrary.
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 475
Posted: 10/8/2008 8:55:28 AM
I just have to shake my head! All those that say, this attraction for younger
women must be some sort of crisis, or compensation for something! BS!
Another poster said that we should just go with what we find most attractive!
Hmmmm! Maybe there is some correlation there! Do you think?

And, some men do this, simply because they can! And the aspect of not having
anything in common is just more BS! Besides! I don't see a whole lot of compatibility
in many other relationships anyway, so why bring that up in this instance? lol

I have also found that younger women also have not added as many demands and
criteria to their agendas. Logically, the opposite SHOULD be true, but it isn't!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???