Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kewlpeeps
Msg: 501
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 21 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
I have always dated women who were older and younger. There are many older women who are hot and blow away women decades their junior.

I'm 36 and while I do date older women I prefer to date younger women. The reason being is because I would like to have children. While older women still can have children the chances are higher with someone who is younger. Factor in the time for dating getting married and younger women are the preference for child bearing. And yes, science has come a long way to help fertality, but why start off with a low probability. And yes, adoption is an option, but again why not start off with the higher probability.
 ml456
Msg: 502
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/15/2008 2:45:24 PM
There are many possible reasons. Some men only care about looks and want the "trophy wife". Some older men are generally more compatible with younger women. Some men want to have kids and maybe an older woman can't/won't have any kids.
 heelsRSO4ever
Msg: 503
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/15/2008 3:43:40 PM
When they say "they don't mind getting older".....they don't mean you.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:03:39 PM
~OT~ Some men do think younger women are better. For them, they are probably right. I certainly wouldn't want to be with someone who secretly felt better with younger women. That would be like me dating someone I feel is too old for me. Settling is far worse than having age preferences. JMO
 nickolysseus
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 4:11:04 PM
Re post 503

"To mold.........................to control!"

Whereas I prefer older than me women or at least 36 at the youngest, I have to comment that:

Absence of "baggage" that younger women TEND to have (tend means a probability not a generalisation) does not mean that they are easier to control. Let us not mistake baggage and the negativeness it causes on people, men and women, of all ages in principle, with self power and independence. If anything, people with baggage are easier, for some, to "control", if one is into that kind of psychology (yikes, personally).

Whereas I like women in their 40s and 50s, I have to admit that for some of them, it is their baggage that makes them un-attractive, not their age or looks. But whereas that turns some men towards young women, other men we choose to keep our focus on older women but simply weed out the jaded ones (same as many women do, ie weed out jaded men).

Age does not provide a basis for control of the older over the younger, even if the older perceives that, he/she is merely being "played" by the younger one (into thinking that he/she is in control).

Games people (of all ages and gender) play! Yikes!
 Faconnable
Msg: 506
Posted: 10/15/2008 8:59:12 PM
when I around 49 or 50 I dated a 28 year old. The difference being 22 years younger. I would never think of dating a gal 22 years older than myself. Does that make me a hypocrite?
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 507
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:38:01 PM
My reason (just mine) is because it seems like a lot of the youger women Ive met lately arent as judgemental as the women my age.

Ive hit some bad times and am in the process of trying to rebuild my life. The last thing I need right now is a woman telling me how worthless I am because Im working in some low end job to make ends meet for the time being because my job was shipped over seas. I in fact dont even attempt to find dates on here anymore because I dont need the rejection at this point of my life.

I read profiles of women my age and they have income/education stipulations while younger women are a lot more lenient. It appears to me that they can see potential and character in someone even if may have hit hard times like me. It seems like women my age have no patience for failure.

Lastly, a lot of women around where I live are overweight. Im 36 years old and play soccer against people anywhere from the age 18 and up. Im the oldest person on my team but Im probably in the best shape of my life. Im not looking for a thin woman either. My preference is average to even thick but not obese. Around here though average weight women are the ones who have the list of demands and youre automatically discarded if you dont meet their criteria.
 Mominatrix
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2008 10:16:08 PM
When they say "they don't mind getting older".....they don't mean you.
Oh my holy hell!

My reason (just mine) is because it seems like a lot of the youger women Ive met lately arent as judgemental as the women my age.
You mean when you say that, they won't put up with bullshyt? Just wait, because that will get worse as you age... something to look forward to!

I can understand your point, but at 36, most women are not as concerned with you looking for younger women. If you are still looking for women the same age that you are now, in ten or 15 years... well, then prepare for scorn.

when I around 49 or 50 I dated a 28 year old. The difference being 22 years younger. I would never think of dating a gal 22 years older than myself. Does that make me a hypocrite?
Yep, it does.
 Dare to
Msg: 509
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:37:25 AM

Just like anything else it's a preference.. And each person is entitled to his or her preferences. I find it hard to comprehend why it bothers some women that some men like younger women... Is it because it puts "them" out of the running therefore it must be wrong??

It really p1sses me off when people project the way they think as the only right way to think and this is just another example. If a guy likes younger women.. Who cares?? It's his right to like whoever he wants to. Just like it's my right to like healthy fit men. You could ask "why do some women (me) think fit men are better?" The answer?? I just do!

I am also highly unlikely to ever be attracted to a man with an "old" mentality regardless of his age. Why? Because it's not attractive to me.. I think that men with a "young" outlook are better! Why? Because i do,they "fit" me better and that's just the way it is. Nobody owes it to anyone to explain why they have the preferences that they have. Their life, their decisions, their preferences....
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 510
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:48:52 AM
Well...if they think younger women are more suited to themselves, and you are not younger...you click 'next'. Seems pretty simple to me.

I have preferences, you likely do as well.
 dreamcatcher39
Msg: 511
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:10:07 AM
who really cares. If some men want younger women that is great in my world,cause that leaves alot of young goodlooking guys for me to date. Goodbye bald heads and beer bellies, hello ripped stud muffins.
 ManeRider
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 7:18:13 AM

To Mold...........or control
I would strongly beg to differ. I would find younger women no less likely to be pliable and moldable, as most have reached an age and discipline that defines what that want in life. Most younger women I come in contact with are much more headstrong and willful. Are they more youthfully minded, perhaps more open-minded about going rock climbing and jet skiing than older women? You betcha.

Goodbye bald heads and beer bellies, hello ripped stud muffins

My point precisely, only the typical aging women effects dont' include balding. If I found a woman my age, who wasn't wrinkled as a prune, who could, like I do, wear the same size clothes she fit in in high school, and who didn't have closets full of cobwebs from previous relationships, the propensity of data would suggest she's already taken. That's the only issue here (for me) with older women. And it isn't as if youth comes with a trim figure as a L-O-T of younger women today are keeping an extra 20 pounds that hasn't always the case.
SO threading that needle is even increasingly more difficult. By and large, I believe men seek trim, attractive, youthful looking women, but the percentages of women who have those attractive features are predominantly younger, because, as with the bald/beer bellied men of 40+, women tend to fall prey to aging effects, and often lose the desire to maintain a trim figure. Doctors recommend 7-10 hours of r-i-g-o-r-o-u-s- physical exercise every week, but you have to find a gym bunnie who takes that initiative. SO, we just see the opportunity with younger women for the physical attributes, and the matched maturity of younger women and older men still applies. It's a win win situation.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 513
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:19:55 PM
Good... the older men can date the younger women and the younger men can date us old ladies!
 RkyMtnSnowflake
Msg: 514
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:42:21 PM
Hey, I've dated guys 12 yrs younger and 12 yrs older. It doesn't really matter to me anymore. I used to think the guy had to be at least 2 yrs older...but I found out how "high schoolish" this thinking process is. As long as you have things in common and there is that chemistry...then all goes well.
 Darxman
Msg: 515
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:44:38 PM
Well...

I'm 30..and I dont see myself having another kid or two until I'm 35. If I had to choose between a 25 y/0 and a 35 y/0, I'm going with the 25 y/o. With the 35 y/o, I would feel like I have a smaller window of time to work with when it comes to having kids in comparsion to the 25 y/o.

Outside of the kid issue....I'm past the dating older women phase of life. Most of the time with older women it's pretty much been there, done that where as with younger women it's all about new adventure to share.

Now for me...under 21 is too young. The fresh out of high school thing is my thing,
 Darxman
Msg: 516
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:47:03 PM
oops..the fresh out of high school IS NOT my thing.
 canaryrider
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 4:57:16 PM
Without reading beyond your 1st sentence, I just feel that I have to say, as a 60yr going on 40 male ((notice I did NOT say old! ), does age really matter in relation to "connection"? IMO, the less tv one watches, the more "together" they will be.

I will go back & read your total post!

P.A.X.

G-Dawg
 canaryrider
Msg: 518
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:00:38 PM
Dude,

I look at ALL women as being hotties, albeit, some more than others...but that is my sunshine on this planet...females! Damn! Luv 'em! Luv to luv 'em!

Bring on the '48 -= 65' 'rs

P.A.X.
 dreamcatcher39
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:29:39 PM

My point precisely, only the typical aging women effects dont' include balding. If I found a woman my age, who wasn't wrinkled as a prune, who could, like I do, wear the same size clothes she fit in in high school, and who didn't have closets full of cobwebs from previous relationships, the propensity of data would suggest she's already taken.

I know what you mean Mane. If i could find a man my age that didnt appear to have eaten about two too many Thanksgiving dinners,actually had cheeks instead of jowls,and whose words matched his actions i just might overlook the old bald spot. Alas,i just dont think that is to be. So in the mean time i just date the younger men, its a tough row to hoe but someones got to do it. The maturity level is often lacking,but, the scenery is nice.
 HappyTree22
Msg: 520
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:57:40 PM
A guy will probably sleep with the best he can get.

A guy will commit to the best he can get.

"The Best" is all relative. The more he has to offer, the more physically attractive a woman he can get and retain.

Is physically attraction all a guy desires from a woman? No. But it's usually the factor that will lead him to get to know a woman better to glean her personality and character and charm, if she has any.

I think lots of older women, late 40s to early 50s, finally figure out they were lied to. Society told them they could have it all. A powerful career, sexual liberation, fun, a great family and a giant home and a Prince on a white horse coming to sweep her off her feet. All the parts of themselves they thought were important, or important in their view, was just smoke and mirrors to the reality that most women trade on their beauty and youth and fertility and for a woman clocking late 40s to early 50s, now all that is probably gone.

It's probably quite daunting for older women. The few select men they really want can and do date younger women. They have the desirable status to have wider dating options. The men who are left are either single for a reason or have undesirable situations or already taken or gay. Even the men these women don't want usually don't want these women either. That has to be a blow. After a couple of decades of being able to trade youth and beauty, well relatively, to get free stuff and free dinner and attention from men they knew they were never going to sleep with has dried up too.

Most men, desirable and undesirable alike, don't think less of older women. They just don't think about them at all. That's what bugs older women. Most of them have lost their youth and beauty and are no longer relevant.

I see the sad song played out so often by women. Claiming greater maturity and understanding and being reasonable and having a more saavy view of life and dating and what men want. Guess what ladies? Those would be great things for most women to do BEFORE they were forced into those kind of viewpoints simply by society deeming them less desirable with each passing year. Case in point, no man is impressed when a really fat girl is nice. What choice does she have? She can't trade on her looks, she has to trade on her personality. In the same way, most men aren't that impressed when an older woman claims more maturity and reason and understanding as selling points to men they want. What choice do you have? You should be smarter about relationships and how to deal with men as you get older with experience. It's expected as a baseline, not a bonus. Yet again, another example of most women trying to celebrate something that society expects them to do anyway.

Ladies, the hard cold truth is this, most women have a very very narrow window of time to trade on that youth and beauty to find the best long term mate possible. You either make the most of that time or you waste it. Find me an older broken down woman who is single and pining for a date and I'll show you someone who probably wasted it. Always? No, there are exceptions to every rule, but most people out there aren't the exceptions. But likely? I suspect so.

Younger women aren't better just because they are usually better looking, they are often seen as more desirable by desirable men with status because they haven't proved they have wasted their youth yet.

Not all of you older ladies out there can say that much.
 Tinkerbell201
Msg: 521
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:47:35 PM
Heck, I suspect younger men are better too!! lol
 Plastic Sturgeon
Msg: 522
Posted: 10/16/2008 9:58:27 PM
It is VERY sad! I still see it as nature having achieved it's goal,
namely the women having had offspring. Like the salmon having
achieved it's goal of swimming and spawning up stream and
then dying! Nature could care less! It's us, that has some idea
there should be compassion or fairness!

On another note! There is some divine justice in this. I think of all the
men that women ignored, simply because there was no attraction, and
I can't blame them! But now the tables have turned! And you can't
blame the men! Genetics govern much of what creates attraction,
and it stands to reason that men are thus naturally attracted to younger
women.
 mm143
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 10:08:05 PM
i think some men dont want to get old so being around and dateing young er women
make them feel younger
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 524
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:30:51 PM
Ladies, the hard cold truth is this, most women have a very very narrow window of time to trade on that youth and beauty to find the best long term mate possible. You either make the most of that time or you waste it. Find me an older broken down woman who is single and pining for a date and I'll show you someone who probably wasted it. Always? No, there are exceptions to every rule, but most people out there aren't the exceptions. But likely? I suspect so.

Well Son, let me fill you in just a tad on the cold/hard truth. My son is three years younger than you and has the wisdom of YODA if compared to you (in case you don't know who Yoda is, rent Star Wars, he's the wise little hairy dude with a brain/insight/intelligence and the common sense to keep his mouth shut when he's likely going to say something stupid.) Does your Mother know you have so little regard for women in general? I'm embarrassed for her. I'll bet she tried to raise you to respect ALL women. If she didn't shame on you both.

Younger women aren't better just because they are usually better looking, they are often seen as more desirable by desirable men with status because they haven't proved they have wasted their youth yet.

Not all of you older ladies out there can say that much.

I wasted my youth on azzholes and jerks. God it's great to get old.
 The Glock Man
Msg: 525
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:45:01 PM

I wasted my youth on azzholes and jerks. God it's great to get old.

VGE some people feel they have to fumble at the key board and type furiously because they feel typing lots makes up for not having anything to say, the long and short end of it is we all get old regardless of gender.Some will age with grace others will grow even more stupid and arrogant then they already are.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???