Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger wom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WanderingRain
Msg: 526
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???Page 22 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
What fascinating answers!
What I learned reading all these posts:

1) Many people agree that anyone can love regardless of age. Live and let live -- amen!
2) People who see others enjoying themselves... just be happy for them. Jealousy or bitterness never helps anybody.
 Flutterbyblue
Msg: 527
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/17/2008 4:48:35 AM
Duh..... Have you seen the bodies on 22 yr. old chicks????
Men are stimulated visually. They cant help it.
If thats what floats their boat, then have at it.
More power to em'...
Live and let live, ya know...
 nickolysseus
Msg: 528
view profile
History
So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/17/2008 6:41:51 AM
Re post 531

Beg to differ. I find the bodies of many 35+, 45+, even 50+ women equally or even more stimulating than that of a 22 yo. One may assume that younger women have less baggage and issues, but that is an assumption. Older women without or with little baggage or issues (ie not jaded) "rock" and so do the bodies of many older women.
 dreamcatcher39
Msg: 529
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:03:47 AM

Most of them have lost their youth and beauty and are no longer relevant.

Just wondering if you have told your mother lately that she is irrelavant.

Find me an older broken down woman who is single and pining for a date

I know quite a few late 40s and 50s women, i dont know any that are pining for a date. Actually in most cases they could care less about a date. They are out enjoying there lives. Whether the means to enjoy there lives came from all that free stuff and free dinners they received when younger, or whether it came from generous divorce settlements or from their own careers. The kids have left home, no whining husband around who wants to be taken care of. For once in their lives they are free to enjoy themselves, whether some man finds them relevant in a sexual way or not, is not important to them, cause he probably cant give them anything they dont already have anyway.
 c_deacon
Msg: 530
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:13:06 AM
Isn't it nice when we do not need anything other than equality of companionship???......

OT.......I can not speak for all men, but I can speak for me and my personal experience, and that is that age is not the main requirement for dating and a connection, but rather, attraction that forms into a mutual chemistry for both.

I have met and dated women both younger and older, and it was never the date on their birth certificate that mattered, but the quality of their character that is attached to a body that attracted me in the first place. What kept me coming back for more was the total package, and that has little to do with age, and much more to do with maintaining what you have had all along.

Just my opinion........
 javalover_53
Msg: 531
Posted: 10/17/2008 12:55:42 PM
Hey flutterbyblue.......All a 22 year old chick has to do to remind men of that age variance and the other obvious differences is when she opens her mouth....to speak. The deal is now over...lol.

A mature woman with wisdom ...anyday....is far better than the "body of a 22 year old".
 BGSU
Msg: 532
Posted: 10/17/2008 10:07:39 PM
I have found that most women in there 50’s, (where I live) got married in their late teens and stayed at home while their husband supported them. All they did was: take care of kids/grand kids and the house (barefoot and pregnant); watched TV; let themselves go and got old.

When I try to talk to them about what has gone on in the world or anything else, they have to rely on what they remember for an episode of Oprah. Most of them never had a job since high school. They still live in the same town that they were born in and never left (they did move down the street). As far a wisdom goes, some may think they have it, but I highly question it.

I have done a lot in my life (including teaching a few college courses) and have worked in many cities throughout the USA and in a third world county. So, I have very little in common with women of my chronological age where I now live, except how long we both have been alive and the fact that we both eat, sleep and sh_t.

Younger women are of a newer generation, who have different ideas about life than the women who are in their 50’s. I met a young lady the other day that just got out of basic training in Texas. It has been along time since I went through it, but we had a nice long talk about it and she wanted to see me this Saturday night. As far as intelligence goes (as a post has previously mentioned), I have found that younger women either have, are or want to improve their education, where as, women my chronological age where I now live are just happy taking care of their grandchildren and haven’t had, don’t have and will never have any desire to improve their education. Since I’ve been around younger people most of my life, I can relate to them better than the women my chronological age where I now live.

Also, I have found that most women of my chronological age are on the decline, where as, I am still growing better and improving myself and I always will until the day I drop. I still have many mountains that I want to clime and challenges in life that I want to meet. I haven’t made my first million yet and I haven’t ran for President yet. I may never meet some of my challenges, but at least I’m going to continue to try while I’m alive. Remember, the word "Can't", is a four letter word that is not in my vocabulary

I have the zest for life of someone in their 30’s, the body of someone in their 40’s and have chronologically been alive for 50+ years.

So, I have very little in common with women where I live who are of my chronological age except we could talk about where we were when JFK died, but I have no interest in that.

In closing, let me remind you what the title of this Thread is: “So please tell me...what is it with (SOME) men that think younger women are better???” I do not in any way speak for anyone but myself. This was a question and some men are trying to answer the question. However, some people on this thread sound like they think that this is a vote on what should be normal. We all know what the norm is (You HAVE TO date someone your own age!), so why keep on repeating it?

Hopefully, some women (and men) will learn something from this thread and realize that everyone in this world is a deviant in some way or form because there are no real norms in this world.

Some people are extremely concerned about keeping up with the Jones next door, I have never been. Some people do stuff because they have to feel that they fit in. A lot of people are no more than a rubber stamp. Believe me, they broke the mold when I was born. I don't want to be like everyone else, I want to be me!
 Sweetenuff074
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2008 10:57:49 PM
The bottom line is some men think younger women are better because they have a right to their opinion.

I say if she contributes to your happiness, noone is hurt in the process, and it's legally okay for you to be with her, be happy.
 blueangel33
Msg: 534
Posted: 10/19/2008 4:32:38 AM
i dont think women look at teenage boys, that sounds ridiculous. ive never ever. infact i try to avoid the teenagers..

It does sound rediculous, I 'll leave the younger boys to the school mams, they seem to go for that,
I never liked dating anyone younger than my sons, but have a couple of times,

I go for younger men because that is what I am attractive to and seems to be the ones who want to date me.
Actually I date who I feel comfortable with, many men my age have one foot in the grave, "not to offend anyone, I still have a zest for life,
I do think the older guys date young because it makes them feel so much younger and is an ego boost.
My self I try and pick a younger guy who looks older than his age,,if that makes sense.
It's like an older guy that's still got it...
My 2 c
 Ismene1
Msg: 535
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:09:59 AM
msg 536: Virtually EVERYTHING you say about women your age "where [you] live" I would say about men my age, but all over the world, at least everywhere I have been and have lived. Not all men, but most. They have let themselves go (but it seems, based on what I read here, they don't think so); they spend a lot of time watching TV and getting their information from very limited sources; I have very little in common with them; they are definitely on the decline while I am still growing, learning, progressing, etc.; and worst of all is the 'been there, done that, know everything' attitude they have. The one thing I don't get is that, according to some men, how many I don't know, women 15 and 20 years younger are interested in them. This is something I can't figure out. Fifteen and 20 years ago I was not interested in men in their 50's. And virtually none of my girlfriends were either, so I wonder who all these women are that are interested in much older men.

Anyway, this thread is another one of those divisive threads in which older men and woman pummel each other with their seeming dislike of one another. I do believe, and know, there are men my age who do not disappointment me...and I live in hope I will meet the one of those wonderful men who is meant for me.
 *Bulldog*
Msg: 536
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:06:39 AM
The one thing I don't get is that, according to some men, how many I don't know, women 15 and 20 years younger are interested in them. This is something I can't figure out. Fifteen and 20 years ago I was not interested in men in their 50's.

Many (most) women marry for power, prestige, money, and security -- older men are more likely to bring those to the table than a guy in their twenties or early thirties. Also, men's looks don't fade as easily: not only can older men look vital and youthful, but even the lines of age often give an older man a handsome and dignified look. Furthermore, an older man will tend to fit the maturity level of a younger girl. Girls almost always date a guy a few years older anyways; a girl who's mature for her age often has to look 10+ years older to get that compatibility. Moreover, it can be argued that an older guy will be more loyal to a younger girl because he'll appreciate her more. Finally, lots of girls are looking for a father figure.

I suppose a better question is, why wouldn't younger girls go for older men?
 Ismene1
Msg: 537
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:22:57 AM

...men's looks don't fade as easily: not only can older men look vital and youthful, but even the lines of age often give an older man a handsome and dignified look.

This is simply not true. In the past year, since I have been on single sites reading this over and over again, posted by men only, btw, I have been looking around a lot, at both men and women, middle aged. Men do not age better than women. You men are so misguided about this.

Girls almost always date a guy a few years older anyways; a girl who's mature for her age often has to look 10+ years older to get that compatibility. Moreover, it can be argued that an older guy will be more loyal to a younger girl because he'll appreciate her more. Finally, lots of girls are looking for a father figure.
whole lot of nonsense this is: this is social/cultural mythology....none of it is based in reality...only something men have chosen to believe.

I suppose a better question is, why wouldn't younger girls go for older men?

The simple answer to that would be as I remember it when I was young: they are old, they are often fat, balding, lack energy, have aches and pains, and appear very foolish chasing after young women: a fool is never attractive.

Girls almost always date a guy a few years older anyways
also not true: an assumption you are making...nowadays especially, not necessarily true at all. In all of my life I have only dated two men who were more than one year older than me.
 CanAirForceTech
Msg: 538
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:28:55 AM
After having had a look at the posts throughout this LONG thread, a couple of things come to mind. Women and men are different in the way they are stimulated in several ways, but it boils down to the fact that men are MUCH more oriented towards visual stimulation. That being said, I have also heard women talking about young, hot looking guys like they were nothing much more than meat. Everyone is different...if we weren't, the world would be a VERY boring place. I have dated and had relationships with women both 10+ years younger than myself and 10+ years older when I was in my 30's and 40's. Now, I'm in my early 50's. I joined the military at age 45 and am still there. I mention this because I am NOT one that has "let himself go" or does nothing but sit in front of the tv and vegetates. I still like to LOOK at women in their 20's...but I also look at women in their 30's, 40's, 50's etc., if they are attractive to me. I have on my profile that my PREFERENCE is between the ages of 37 to 50, but that's just a number. Women who are closer to my own age, say in their mid to late 40's are, in most cases, more what I personally am attracted to for a RELATIONSHIP,and that is what I think MOST men of my age, if they are honest with themselves, would say as well. Experience DOES matter and most younger women just haven't got it. Beyond that, I don't think that a lot of men over 50 are honestly willing to take on an "instant family" with very young children which a large number of women under 40 have. I think most guys around my age are more likely to be ready for "grandpa" mode... (fill 'em full of sugar, spoil 'em rotten and give 'em back to their parents...lol). Like I said earlier though...we are all individuals on this planet and if you look at any thread in the forums, this becomes glaringly obvious.
 Ismene1
Msg: 539
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:38:48 AM
^^^seems very reasonable, frank and honest...

Beyond that, I don't think that a lot of men over 50 are honestly willing to take on an "instant family" with very young children which a large number of women under 40 have
I also think most are not able to catch the interest of a large number of women under forty. It seems to be a lot of wishful thinking....and women do it too...wanting men younger...wanting youth. I would just like to be with someone my own age, a man my own age who is compatible, which is hard to find because it means someone who hasn't 'turned that corner' and decided to slow down and who is declining...physically and intellectually. This is another reason I don't see how young women can be interested in older men. But again, I think the idea that all these young women want older men is a lot of exageration and wishful thinking...
 CanAirForceTech
Msg: 540
Posted: 10/19/2008 9:55:15 AM
^^^ I agree...most women in their20's and 30's are NOT interested in a guy over 50 but some are for whatever reason. A friend of mine (female) told me that "age is just a number".
She's in her late 30's. Another friend (military as well) is in her mid 20's and is living with a guy in his late 40's. Everyone has their own preferences. That's what makes the world an interesting place to be.
 simplykay
Msg: 541
Posted: 10/19/2008 10:15:22 AM
Your are so right, I lost 2 husbands two younger women and on didn't last the other is just starting out. He is 62 and she is in her 30's and now they have a new baby. All I can say is I'm glad I don't have a new baby at my age as I want to have fun without changing diapers and travel. Good luck to all thos men and women that want the younger partner, but remembe your age will not stop......
 Dreamerxoxoxo
Msg: 542
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:16:22 PM

msg. 528 >>> Well Son, let me fill you in just a tad on the cold/hard truth. My son is three years younger than you and has the wisdom of YODA if compared to you (in case you don't know who Yoda is, rent Star Wars, he's the wise little hairy dude with a brain/insight/intelligence and the common sense to keep his mouth shut when he's likely going to say something stupid.) Does your Mother know you have so little regard for women in general? I'm embarrassed for her. I'll bet she tried to raise you to respect ALL women. If she didn't shame on you both.

omg VGE... you never fail to make me laugh. It just goes to show you that even a master's degree can't help some who are so obviously socially challenged. There's still hope for him, though he IS only twenty-something..

I don't know of many men who prefer the immaturity of younger women. Most guys prefer the youthful sophistication and grace of a mature woman who is in a place in life where she is able to be in control of her life, knows how to get what she wants and achieve her set goals. Most guys have the intelligence to recognize and appreciate a woman who displays graceful energy and subtle alluring sexual magnetism that only comes with maturity.

It doesn't take intelligent guys long to realize that mature women have an edge over younger women who for the most part lack sophistication and are unwittingly game players who are uncertain and insecure in their relationships with guys. It doesn't take an intelligent guy long to discover that a mature woman won't ask him out of the blue what he is thinking because a mature woman is secure and content with herself and doesn't need to know what he is thinking and doing every second of every day. He appreciates the fact that the mature woman insists on her space and alone time be respected just as she respects his need to have space and time that doesn't include her.

Thank goodness that short sighted immature guys like the one VGE quoted and so eloquently scolded is in the minority. Perhaps a little more social experience will dispel his ignorance.
 Zeanah59
Msg: 543
Posted: 10/19/2008 2:45:25 PM
Well I sure do not look at young boys or even young men! I Have a young son/man and that just is not my style! I'd much rather have a more mature man my own age that I would have more in common with. AND....I like experience and his wisdom.

As for men wanting younger women, so be it...doesn't bother me! They have no clue what they are missing when turning away experienced mature women who can satisfy them in all respects of life, just not the bedroom. Plus...younger women usually move on to the younger guys after they get what they want out of the more established older men. Younger pretty women know how to play their game and get very good at it. I hear young women talk all the time about it. They giggle and laugh and know they got the body to lure in their Sugar Daddy! SO...Be careful whatcha ask for!

"Z"
 ~Azul Ojos~
Msg: 544
Posted: 10/19/2008 3:27:37 PM
"I think some men dont want to get old so being around and dating younger women
make them feel younger."

This is true, but in actuality it makes them in appearance look older! An older man with a young, fresh, hot girlfriend just brings out the oldness in him.

I dated someone 10 years older than me for a few years. When I showed pictures to my friends of us together, they always commented on how old he looked... On serveral occassions I was asked , "Where is your father tonight?"

I think only certain younger women want the older guys for the security and riches. The majority of young women want the more appealing, handsome, physically fit men their own age. I don't see any of my daughters friends dating the older guys, in fact they always mention why on earth would that lovely woman be with that old man... when they see them.

I think the men that have healthy boundaries on their age limits are more my type anyway, so I am grateful to these younger women for taking away these men I wouldn't even consider as potential partners. I want a more mature, sophisticated and classical man with style and high morals, so the men that are dating younger women are eliminated from my dating pool, which makes life easier all round...
 ReneeLucky7
Msg: 545
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 4:04:01 PM
I think that the reason why men want and find younger women more attractive is basic behavior past down from generation to generation. This is just as biological then it is physical.

In the past, men wanted younger women because she was concidered to be more furtel, and healthy. Now, some men want younger women, (do not take this the wrong way) because they view women in what stage of "prime" they are. A younger man wants a younger woman that can relate to him and grow with him. There are difference in our culture that we only really feel like the only people who would truly understand is someone are own age. An older woman to a younger man, is seen as someone is more likely to have personal "baggage" or other problems. Which include that most older women that are single want to settle down, and this is comletely differnet mind set of a man that is in his early 20's to mid 30's. Men this age want to have fun, they do not want to settle down, so most men think when a older single woman is interested in them, that that woman wants to settle down and get married, which is alot of a young man to handle, when he is trying to get settled himself, trying to decide what he wants to do with his life and carrer. They want a person that they can start fresh with., and progress with, to them it just feels natural.

I have seen older women on here, who have been divorced several times and have multiple children with differnet fathers. Alot of my younger guy friends have told me on here, that they feel annoyed when women like this try to hit on them. I'm not saying that all older women are like this, but most of my guy friends that are on here have one time or another told me that they do not feel comfortable with older women hitting on them, or writting then flirtty messages. If you older ladies want to try to find a younger man, then be prepaired to go with the flow of things, that in cludes, going bar and club hopping, on e after another, going to kegger's and other loud drunking parties, go to concerts, have alot of sex, doing spontanius things, and being able to get along with his friends and his family. If you think you can do this with no ease
 ReneeLucky7
Msg: 546
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 4:23:47 PM
My boyfriend is about 2 years older than me, but i think that you are out of line by saying that young woman are stupid, maybe the ones that you tried to get at are stupid, or maybe you just have been rejected so many times by younger woman, that you have nothing positive to say about them.

my father raised me to be a strong independent woman that can take care of her self, and I certainly don't have time, for older loser, who don't have they life together, to think that they can "fool" me, their only fulling themselves, because I'm driven in my personal life, no man can ever take avantage of me, because the kind of men that I'm attracted to are men that have a life of they own, and can take care of themselves.

my guy and I are building a life together, not trying to use one another. I advice that you let go of whatever issues taht you might have, because i'm sure that you will stay single for a very long time with that P*ss poor attitude
 Cynderella
Msg: 547
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2008 4:46:51 PM

This is just as biological then it is physical.

I think both!!!
 10of6
Msg: 548
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:05:02 PM
Since I haven't had the time to read the previous 20+ pages, OP...for the same reason people choose stoneware over china. It's called "preference" and as such is a matter of choice. Getting steamed about it makes about as much sense as losing my cool when someone picks a mocha shake instead of butterscotch (which is my fave).
 Neosoulman66
Msg: 549
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:34:03 PM
i find older women a lot more attractive physically and mentally.. younger women tend to rely on what they still think they have in the looks and body department, whereas older women take the time to make themselves hot and sassy, mentally young women are still relying on Mr six pack who still thinks he can play the game for as long as he wants and just because he is younger the sex should be good...i know as i use to be that type of guy, older women tend to want the conversation, experience and the person who is willing to explore with them, i enjoy been with a women who is discovering their is more to life than just physicality, i teach young girls everyday who tend to have a crush on their teacher but i so look forward to parents evening when mums come in who look great with their maturity
 blueangel33
Msg: 550
Posted: 10/19/2008 5:46:30 PM
Thank you Neosoulman66
, it is nice to see a man who thinks with his big head instead of his little one,

I am sure us older women will appreciate your post.
I go for a little younger because they still know how to date and romance a girl.

Some older men think with their little head,, me I like to be courted, romanced, find out if we are compatable before going to the next level,, kissing is very important and cuddling. some older men forget that part..or forget how,,,,
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???