Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > How young is too young???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 quietcowboy
Msg: 26
How young is too young???Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

And you make me laugh at how uncaring you are about someone else's future.

Heck she said the guy was 29, not brain dead. I suspect that he is also capable of making decision about his future. So if nays age is a negative to him, it will be listed on the right side of his ledger when it comes time for him decides whether to make a commitment to her.
 Spanish eyez
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How young is too young???
Posted: 11/13/2007 10:31:01 AM
My mom was 11 years older than my dad and when she got into her 60's and 70's things went down hill. He was still vibrant and young at heart but she wasn't and didn't want to do things like he did anymore. It was a strain. They stuck it out together, I know they loved each other but. There's the word "BUT". He is 80 now and still young at heart but not physically. Now his new wife is 11 years younger and all she does is take care of him. He can't get around like he wants and he feels guilty.

If you want a good time now and you hit it off go for it.

I don't think I could after seeing what I have. Pegg
 sparky_boy
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/14/2007 5:12:00 PM
im an 49 yr old that feels he is still young at heart and have alot to offer someone who doesnt see the age barrier. I am not involed with anyone but everyone tells me to try to find someone closer in age. im sorry im not yet ready for that is ther any takers out there
 funnygirl9380
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/14/2007 7:23:09 PM
It is very difficult to see ourselves as others see us. I wake up everyday and look in the mirror and wonder where I went and who is that old lady looking back at me. I feel better now then I did 10 years ago and I know who I am and what I need in my life. Notice I didn't say "know what I want"...
 nays40765
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/15/2007 2:28:21 PM
First of all Steveracer i'm far from hurt at your answer, and was looking to see what everyones oppinion was. As far as health goes, I think I have a good shot at living for many more years, considering I don't drink or use drugs and excerise regularly. Yes I could get ran over by a truck tomorrow, but thats a chance we will have to take. I truly believe if you find someone that makes you feel great no matter what the age is , color, size, whatever and you are both in agreement to take that chance, why not!
As for the person that asked if my 29 yr old son wanted to date a 42yr old how would I feel? If he was happy thats all that would matter to me!! We all make choices in our lifes, good or bad we have to live with it. And besides I never said I was going to marry the guy it's only been a few dates!
My question to Steveracer is have you ever dated a woman much younger than you??? Why is it ok for a man, but looked on so poorly for a woman???
 nays40765
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/15/2007 2:31:38 PM
Thank you Quietcowboy!!! He is 29, divorced, with a 5 and 7yr old sons. Has no intention of ever having more kids. And owns his own remodeling company. So I would say he's alittle more mature than most men at that age!
 steveracer
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2007 5:38:10 PM
Never dated anyone younger than myself, did not want too be thought of as a cradle robber. But thats just me. And I have already had a talk with my 25 year old son and older women, he say what I was saying, he's dating someone his own age. And I think older men with younger women look stupid, geez what ya think those young women really want? Some men are all about status, just like black men and white women.
 kanutellme
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/16/2007 11:06:02 AM
Age can be a factor if you let it...

basically 10 years either way in your 40's is nothin'...46 f I KNOW married 31m

their happy...Keep on smilin if you have someone...some dont !!
 DesertFox3
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 11:12:39 AM
If you want a good time now and you hit it off go for it.

Now, but where do you see this in 20 years? I dated someone 11 years older than me when I was in my early-mid 30's, I kept thinking she would be 70 when I was 59 (assuming I make it that far), but there were other factors here too. Mom liked the idea, & this woman, I seemed happier in those 3 years & she was like a younger sister to her that she never had... a scary thought! I thought she would be happier with someone more her age.

That much younger than me likely wouldn't work either... & it didn't.
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2007 9:55:42 PM
When there's no connection anywhere.
 quietcowboy
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/19/2007 2:22:56 PM
Something that is starting to bother me about some of the response this topic and other responses to other forum posts is what happened to just dating and having fun now? Neither party is planning to start a new family and while marriage is a possible outcome, it probably isn't going to happen for a lot of reason that are common to any couple regardless of age difference. So why not enjoy today worry about tomorrow's worries tomorrow when they are real?
 nays40765
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/19/2007 4:58:14 PM
Thank you Quietcowboy! Last time I checked I didn't ask if I could keep him for life!! I was just talking about dating. Which we have 3times now, and have had so much fun! But we have no plans for marriage or a life long commitment. We were both just looking for someone down to earth and fun to hangout with! So don't worry, I have no intention of tying him up and locking him in my house forever! Maybe just for a night or 2! LOL!
 pammert925
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2007 3:26:11 AM
I think 10 or 12 years younger is about as young as I would go. 30 ish seems like it is getting rather young for me. I am 43 and have children in their mid 20s. I wouldnt want to date someone the age of my 3 adult children. Just doesn't seem right for me. I would probably go 10 or 12 years older as well. I realize age is just a number but also try to rationalize what I could have in common with people younger or older than that.
 brat1980
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2007 4:59:16 AM
I say go for it! Age should not be a factor, especially when you have a connection with him. If you feel as though this is right - what do you have to lose?! Take it day by day and see what happens. I think that if you did not give it a chance, you will always have a question in the back of your mind whether it would have worked out or not.
 tokr
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/16/2007 5:48:38 AM
I say go for it. Age is just a number anyhow.

That being said, my ex is 33 years old and he is married to a 57 year old woman (who incidentally is 7 years older than his own mother). He is with her because he can't think for himself and has no spine anymore. He wanted a mommy and he got one.

It doesn't sound to me like that is the type of relationship you are in.

There is a BIG double standard. It is okay for men to date younger women, but not women to date younger men. So, again, I say go for it. Do what makes you happy and forget about everyone else.
 libertyagain
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/16/2007 6:00:12 AM
I heard recently somewhere that the "new rule" goes like this. Take your age divide by 2, then add 7 years, and that is your cut off. I have absolutely no idea why this formula, and who came up with it, but it does seem to work.
 tmvg76
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/16/2007 6:16:01 AM
Libertyagain....that's a perfect formula...works for me....

26 years faithfully married to a great man...(late hubby)...Now it's my turn...when I'm done with my boy toys, then I'll settle down...OMG...I sound like most men...lol
 tmvg76
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/16/2007 7:14:57 AM
And another thing I've ran into since being a widow, men my age are after late 20' to 30 somethings, and the youngster are the ones that come up to me...so, when I do settle down, it will be an 8O'ish, filthy rich man, with no children,and one foot in the grave....lol
 Quack
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 6:28:33 AM
The way I look at it is, if you are happy, then you are happy. But you both are at different points in your life. That makes thing a little tougher in the long run. My cousin has a wife that is only 11 years older than him. She is looking at saving for retirement and always says she has rasied her kid. His kids are teen agers, but she truely wants to be past that point. She still loves them, but would be happier if she wouldnt have had to do it again. He is still wanting to run around and do stuff, isnt thinking about saving for retirement. Spending money on his kids is not a problem, because that is the point he is at in his life. You are looking at a pretty good gap in ages, but heck having fun is having fun. you didnt say you are looking at marring him. On the other side, if you dont think this is going to go the distance, than why date the guy? Isnt that just passing time and putting you in the position to over look someone else?

Oh on the part why is it more ok for a guy to date a younger woman... We all know women mature faster than a man, so for maturity levels to be close to the same a guy has to look for a younger woman.
 howcanurefuse
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/23/2007 5:11:42 PM
....i seem to gravitate to younger men....always have....so with that in mind, i have only one rule....they cannot be younger than, or the same age as my son...who is 21..lol...yes, i am going to be 56 soon....seriously, if you are having a good time and you click, what difference does it make??....i have made some great younger friends on here....i know it is not forever...but it is fun while it lasts....and i am not really looking for forever right now, anyway!
 OhioLady59
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 5:25:27 PM

I heard recently somewhere that the "new rule" goes like this. Take your age divide by 2, then add 7 years, and that is your cut off. I have absolutely no idea why this formula, and who came up with it, but it does seem to work.

Ok, so I should find someone who's 31. But he should be with someone who's 22. Hmmm.
 nays40765
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/27/2007 9:35:15 PM
I have to laugh!!! You say men date younger woman because woman mature so much faster than guys! Well the young guy that I was talking to told me that he's interested in me because all the girls his age are so immature!! Said he hates it and the little games that they play! So you old guys want that?? Please lets be honest about why old guys date young, firm, wrinkle free young ladies!?
 hardclimber
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/28/2007 4:57:46 AM
YOU BE CRAZY GIRL
 Lenconnor
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/28/2007 7:29:09 AM
I date women of all ages whenever I can find a victim..I mean date. Usually they are younger because I have matured slowly. I'm not talking about my body or looks but my brain.
 Love to Cruise
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2007 7:54:08 AM
The "new rule" gets stretched too far the older you get. For instance, an 80-year old with a 47- year old???
Show ALL Forums  > Ohio  > How young is too young???