Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why are the young people on here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cowtippingmomma
Msg: 26
Why are the young people on here?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Why are you hear?

alot of us answered that, with why we are.

oh and for all the "younger ones"... who, based on their replies, felt they needed to defend why they are on here.... RELAX it was just a general question....eeshhhhhh KIDS!!! lol

You asked a question, we explained our reasons for being here, thats not defending ourselves.
I don't know if the "kids" comment was suppose to be a jab at us or if it was nothing but i give credit to the younger people they aren't as judgemental as the older ones.
 Gunner57
Msg: 27
Why are the young people on here?
Posted: 11/15/2007 8:31:35 PM

Why are you here???

assume

I'm here meeting people my age with common interests that hold jobs and that are also working there way through their educations and don't have time for dating drinking and partying , do you have a problem with it? why are older more stable adults here ?
I think it has some thing to do with it being a dating site.
 honey19042
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/15/2007 9:01:51 PM
Hey everyone! I'm 21, I work 2 jobs, go to school full time and have no problems meeting people in real life! I participate in school programs, go for pub nites, go clubbing sometimes (go for drinks more often) and yes I am also on this site!! I'm just looking for new ways to meet people! I don't meet people at clubs probabaly because drinking and lack of inhibitions usually aren't conducive to meeting mr. right (now?). Anyways, I just hopped on here to check my mail and I'm supposed to be going out in a few! Have a good nite all!
Cheers
Angela
(PS I think its great that the older people are on this site, It probabaly makes meeting people a bit easier for them too!)
 honey19042
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/15/2007 9:03:42 PM
oh and just for those who didn't know assume = ass + u + me!!!!! so thats why you never assume
 cookinggal111
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/15/2007 9:11:04 PM
I agree with what many people have stated. A lot of young people are busy with school, their career, and other things. Some young people have kids. When I was 20-25 years old, there were plenty of times when I was busy with many different things. Even if someone isn't that busy, POF is still a different and valid option to find a date or make new friends.
 PastPresentFuture
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/15/2007 9:20:03 PM
50k people at once looking for true love!
 SAIUN
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2007 10:27:49 PM
I'm just here for the forums. Some of the threads (particularly in this section) are just hilarious!

But since you have to make a profile to join, I figured what the heck. That explains why there's so little effort in my profile.
 zombie_geek
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2007 10:55:02 PM
well i have a baby, and most of my old friend base were druggies and losers, so after having cut them out of my life i dont have the world's hugest friend base anymore lol
 holon
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/15/2007 11:18:23 PM
I saw an article on digg and thought, what the hell why not. I wasn't originally intending on participating, I just wanted to see the local profiles and read the forums. But now I have a semi-serious profile. And yesterday I added a picture.

Some day I'll probably even message someone.

pof is like a more stable version of the craigslist forums. Or maybe less crazy. I'm not really sure how to describe it. They're both pretty entertaining, in any case.
 cowtippingmomma
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/15/2007 11:55:42 PM
So its pretty much settled then we are all here for the same reasons.

relationships ,friends, and everything else
 that sam i am
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:03:04 AM
I guess it's cuz they are the ones who know how to use the internet.
 ngat73
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:08:39 AM
I am almost 34 and I have a social life and have no problem meeting people in "real life" and am on here. In fact, when I was in school. I remember, I must have been a sophmore or a junior and was using AOL as a way to communicate back than. The blogs and chat rooms were not as sophiscated as today, and I was on there back then and computers were much slower. When I was 18, I was curious and put an ad in the paper because I wanted to see what else was out there. I was in college by than, on my own, in the privacy of my own walls and away from the parents. The internet was not as prevalent back then at 18 and OMG it didn't move quick either, even though I had a commodore 64 at about 14, I think? Thank God for Apple with windows. The responses was overwhelming with the ad I placed in the classifieds, an 18 year old Asian girl in Kansas, you'd be suprised of the responses. I chose wisely and went on a few dates from there, to operas, plays, musicals or whatever sounded interesting or new until I couldn't keep up and got distracted and thought better of it. Exploring I suppose. I had a ton of guys that were in love with me in "real life", especially back than, didn't stop me from exploring and utilizing ever option to talk to different groups of people.

Now, still on it since I am single again after 8 years, never married. Just another avenue for meeting someone. This is entertaining to people of many different age ranges. Still searching for the same reasons, something I have not found. I know its out there, whether it be here or somewhere else. Got to give things a try and put yourself out there regardless of how young or old you are and whatever avenue or way to meet. PEople of different ages are in quest and yearn for the same thing we are. That's love right? J/K. Yes, 15+ and sometimes even little 5 year olds can feel faint at heart at a sight of a crush. Oh yea, and I was never shy than or even now. The only difference now is I am doing more searching for what I want, before it was more exploring to figure out what I want. Still exploring a little, but more so searching because I think I know pretty much what I want. It just has to click when we are face-to-face, but, that's a whole different thread.
 jrbogie
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:15:44 AM
There are many things available to younguns today that I didn't have when I was starting out. I would have been all over one of the sites back then as I was as shy then as I am now. There's allot going on for young people today that wasn't happening in my time. It just ain't fair. For example, where were all these hot looking blonde, young boy student molesting, nymphomaniac, lady teachers when I was going through puberty. Ain't fair. It just ain't fair.
 trev87
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:21:38 AM
For me it has nothing to do with age. I live in sudbury, ontario, I finished highschool and I'm not going to college. So where am I supposed to find girls? Or just people? From day to day I get little to no exposure to new people. I've heard the advice before, something to do with going to the bar.
Well guess what kind of people you meet at bars? People generally above the age 25! I'm 20 so it gets kind of awkward.
Now, girls go to bars to get drunk, they bring their g/fs with them and promise each other not to split up. They do this because they know all the guys at the bar are just looking for a piece and that leaves me high and dry at bars. I'm not looking for action in bed, I'm looking for some fun, no matter how it ends, but still, the guard's up, so I get nothing, not even a phone number.
Some people say to go to daily stuff, like Tim Hortons, laundromats, the mall... All the girls my age are in school.
I want to meet women my age. I don't want to make out with a woman hooked up to a respirator!!!
 dont_perv_on_me
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/16/2007 12:36:47 AM
What else is there to do while you're at work? Working midnights no less...
 noturavgdude
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/16/2007 1:43:54 AM
Well some of those youngsters are so dedicated to school and all and thier social life isint all too great due to it

So this is a good place for those nerds to meet new people
 Euroalex
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 2:06:43 AM
young ppl like computers, more familiar with than the older generations.

many young people just "hang on the net" for 5-8 hours a day. they live half of their life on the net in fact. it's the new world
 vinny low
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 2:27:16 AM
everybody assumes that because a person is young that they must be going out having a good time....i have never had a real good time in my life...i dont go out....i have no friends ive never had a real date....i have absolutely NO WHERE LEFT TO GO!!....70 years ago they put ppl like me in assylums but today we dwell within the internet.
 JayKearney
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/16/2007 3:16:05 AM
I'm 23, I work 40 hours a week as an astate agent, I work another night of the week in a bar, I pay rent, car insurance, phone and electricity bills. Like most other young people on here i suspect. I sociallise with my friends every friday night and saturday night (and sometimes thursday night) and i always go for a few quiet ones in my local on a sunday. I play sports, I go to the gym, and my life is very full up. I consider myself to be a very mature young adult. I have all the responsibilites a 50 yr old has except for kids.

When i'm out i do quite well with women, in fact all of us do, but these club encounters are normally one offs and don't lead to much.

So why should I not be on this site looking for something different. It is just as valid an arena for meeting people as it is for the over 30's. So to even ask that question in the first place astounds me. And to call us kids is a little bit patronizing.

You can say i'm being defensive and maybe i am, but without sounding arrogant, we ( the under 25's) ARE the internet generation. Most of us can type faster than you can think. We learned how to do our annual budgets on this software, rather than transferring them like the slighly older people did. We get our music from it, most of us don't even own cd's anymore. I could go on and on.

So for you to ask us why we are here, it is much more apparent that you are using our software to find romance, yet we would never even think to ask you what you are doing on here.

I have no intention to sound disresectful, i just wished to share my views and give a slightly differnt angle to what has been already said. I do not wish to offend anyone so please don't send me an onslaught of hate mail, it is just my thoughts.

The internet could possibly be the greatest invention of the 20th Century. It is for all to use and appreciate, and that is the way it should be.
 Brownsugar1313
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 4:44:35 AM
When I was between 18-25......................jeez saying that out loud makes me realize my age. Well I was way too busy with college full-time and four part-time jobs and the internet wasn't really calling my attention back then with the few times in class we would go on that ICQ chat site....lol does that even exist anymore?

I would think that the younger people are on here looking for the same thing the older ones are: finding true love, meeting new people to date, socializing, the forums. Just because they are young doesn't mean that they dont want to be just as fulfilled as us old farts
 Just JJ
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/16/2007 4:59:36 AM
Well good morning.. I see this has been a busy place lol

To: SOMEPLACE.... thank you for getting my question.

To: Missy.... well there's not much to say other then there's that defensive attitude again..lol

To: All the fish that answered a very simple question.. THANKS!!

Have a great day all.....

jj
 Moonchild51
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 5:17:13 AM
OP I have often wondered the same thing. And no, I mean no malice towards the younger crowd. After reading through the replies though, I now understand. Today's society is much more driven with respect to time I think. And as someone else mentioned, this is the "internet" generation. A lot of jobs that are held by kids involve a computer. So kids? Thanks for sharing why you are here. The OP did just ask a general question. I have learned from it and I think that is the purpose of these forums?
 LovingMyMan
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/16/2007 6:08:23 AM
I'm 28...a few years past the age group you're talking about...but I was here because I wasn't interested in being picked up in bar, didn't want my friends to set me up and I really didn't know where else to turn...but it worked for me...I'm in a great relationship with a great guy...POF success!
 rebel1542
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2007 6:45:51 AM

18-25 yr olds have no lives

Me thinks some of these young people have no idea what no life is.
 cherie70
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/16/2007 7:23:06 AM
My twopenny worth

Nowadays, the internet is such a good communication tool to meet peeps and isnt restricted, users of all ages can use internet (safely I hope). Whereas, when I was growing up the only way you could meet peeps was at clubs, bars etc. Any way of communicating to ppl in safety is a good way I think, so why shouldnt all ages use it...
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Why are the young people on here?