Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is the basic needs of a human being?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MrVitamix
Msg: 26
What is the basic needs of a human being?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
not all human beings have the same needs... and needs can vary depending on the situation. since this is a dating site, will stick to dating and say an attractive, healthy woman who is in shape and has her life and head together... oh yeah, and 30-36 years old is about right.

maybe thats asking too much?
 123carrie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What is the basic needs of a human being?
Posted: 11/28/2007 9:30:16 AM
You must mean the "emotional needs" of humans; Maslow's Heirachy of Needs describes the other needs.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2007 9:42:43 AM

You must mean the "emotional needs" of humans; Maslow's Heirachy of Needs describes the other needs.

Maslow covers ALL needs of human beings - including physiological and social/emotional needs. From survive to thrive.
 Dugdom
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2007 12:44:51 PM
what we are looking for is inside of us, looking within is developmental . Its feeling the gift you are, Its captureing the moment with your hart. when you laugh from the hart it is as the first time, its timeless , ageless, priceless it is everything to us. to appreaciate life is an art. love your lover...
 gadaveuk
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2008 11:50:07 PM
Hi

In a spiritual world it is easy for people toloose sight of those which are important.

If love has been demonstrated to us ina healthy way.

We would already love and like our self.

If we are developed in ahealthy way we would be content with our self?

When I Married did I know what love was all about? Not a clue?

When I Married did I know what responsability was all about? Not a clue.

Is our inner child with us today?

Is our past healed and are we living today to the fullest we can spiritually?

Are we giving of our self?

Can we say we are able to love unconditionally?

Understading our healthy wants and our needs today?

Love to every one Dave.
 VirgoGrl
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/13/2008 12:45:15 AM
The basic needs of a human being if Maslow is correct are 5-fold with the first being physical needs (food, shelter) and the 5th being self-actualization. Very few of us reach self-actualization, not surprisingly. The Dalai Lama is one person I believe probably qualifies.
 JulietJuliet
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/13/2008 12:50:33 AM
diamondjoe what's ITIMACY?
I agree with food, sleep, shelter and air everything else is a want.
 gadaveuk
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:42:26 AM
Hi

My emotional growth as a child and to becoming a healthy person was spiritual values.

Spiritual values are those values which help me interact with other people in a very healthyw ay.

How many people today lack trust in othe people?

How many people hold back in fear of being hurt once more?

Giving of myself today has nothing to do about sex but about me being sincere and caring.

I needed to respect myself, care for myself, love myself, before I could show those healthy spiritual values to othe rpeople.

I got honest and found out that I feared my mother? Now we are best of freinds.

I use to not know my neighbors, now that has been resolved and talk on a regular basis.

I am not a person pleaser, I am not willing to sell myself cheap any more.

My conscience is based up and strengthed by healthy spiritual values and healthy interactions.

Most of my earlier life I lived in fear and held back from living my life to the full.

Material things money have their place, you can not buy love loyalty or peace of mind.

I am learning to be the best person I can be each day.

I am also learning to be my own best freind today and to be kind and gentle with myself

Respectfully

Dave
 OutMind
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/13/2009 6:46:33 AM
To take a crap with something good to read.
 the_feedle
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/13/2009 8:36:44 AM
Besides food and water obviously, there is family/friends but I'd say the basic needs for a human(as anindividual) are entertainment and interests. Without those, we'd have nothing to look forward to or things that would define us as individuals. Whether it's playing sports, collecting things, writing, painting, or just watching a certain thing on tv or a genre of movie. Everybody has so many interests, and I'd be amazed if any one combination was exactly the same. Besides looks and personality, it's the one other thing that defines us as a person. And extremely important too.

Being entertained will always be right at the top of important things to me.
 Vannili
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:39:25 AM
The basic needs of a human being is simple to feel good with the company of others and his surroundings ,to exert his energy to his highest endeavors to the world. To attain these he has to love himself and not to rely on others, but take in charge of the fullfilment of his life.
 Racenut17
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2009 11:31:26 AM
Choice Theory teaches us that there are 5 basic needs.....
Love and Belonging
Fun and Excitement
Freedom
Survival
Power
 billiam57
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/16/2009 12:04:24 PM
Anyone genuinely interested in this very serious concern might Google "Abraham Maslowe" and his hierarchy of human needs. This theory is the core of all Human Service work.
 gadaveuk
Msg: 39
view profile
History
What is the basic emotional needs of a human being?
Posted: 1/15/2010 5:35:16 AM
Hi

My emotional needs were to feel Wanted nurtured cared for and protected

Belonging would yo not agree taht is to feel wanted?

Survival is that not also feel protected?

It is intersting you mention power

Do you think you could explain what you mean by power

Regards

Dave
 gadaveuk
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2010 8:39:52 PM
Hi

Sadly people are not able to love them self or care for them self in ahealthy spiritual way.

What makes a person unlovable is not about other people but the fact that people are not able to heal and nurture their own pains or able to face their own fears.

Sadly in todays world people are losing sight how important spiritual values are in oru life.

In being more accountable responsible to myself I ask how many spiritual values do I demonstrate and practice in my life today?

For me healthy spiritual values are unconditional loving unconditional giving forgiving apologize caring trusting trust worthy patience tolerance humility courteous sincere honest faithful optimistic self assured and well self balanced punctual courteous respectful considerate grateful very grateful content productive creative constructive nurturing sharing encouraging optimistic cooperative aware content stable humble open minded self confident calm proud and serene.

Love and peace to everyone Dave.
 RAMPERBILL
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/15/2010 11:34:56 PM
Maslow's heiarchy of needs comes to mine. Not important. I guess what I would like is to feel missed. That I was still in someone's thoughts, positively, even after I was gone.
 Naganadoy
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2010 12:38:03 AM
yep i think Maslow's research covered this pretty well.
 gonewalkabout2
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/16/2010 1:19:34 AM

For me, a horny man and a clean underwear.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2010 3:04:33 AM
The moon, the sun, the stars, the air I breath.
 ~Little Princess~
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/16/2010 3:14:15 AM
God~Jesus'~Holy Bible~Prayer~Amen!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 3:19:17 PM
The basic human needs are food, shelter, clothing and water. No more , no less.

In the right climate, humans do not "need" clothing. Baby monkeys will pass up food and shelter for touch. Human babies not touched, die. A little more complicated than you're positing, yes?

-mara-
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/18/2010 3:56:13 PM
I've read a few(actually a lot) of your postings wooby, and you always make great good sense, but you just out-did yourself! I love your

<div class="quote">In the right climate, humans do not "need" clothing. Baby monkeys will pass up food and shelter for touch. Human babies not touched, die. A little more complicated than you're positing, yes?

You hit the point right ont the head! What a totally clear, clean & simple truth! Gotta love ya, kid, you said it well.

Rarebird76
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:10:06 PM

Human babies not touched, die
Hmmmmm what about adults? I should get fitted for a casket.
 lateā„¢
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:16:18 PM

Hmmmmm what about adults? I should get fitted for a casket.

You may want to read some Maslowe first, ...then for good measure, Leo Buscaglia.
 LostChord
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:33:48 PM
To have verbs and nouns agree.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is the basic needs of a human being?