Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is the basic needs of a human being?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 himynameisSarah
Msg: 75
What are the basic needs of a human being?Page 5 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
air
water
fire
food
touch
procreation
play
competition
weed :)

apparently, the OP also needs a spell checker...
 bucsgirl
Msg: 76
view profile
History
What are the basic needs of a human being?
Posted: 4/24/2010 10:17:19 PM
At middle age..*groan* a passing command of the native language.
Curious why someone would ask on a dating site what basic human needs are. If someone doesn't know or can't properly define a need...those needs most likely will not be met here.

And not because it's a man...ehh..but I've heard it all too often, not JUST from men, that the "basic human need" BS is a reason/excuse for indiscretionary humping.

Just because a person has a sex drive (without the medical boosters..ehh) doesn't given them license to exercise that "need". It's a matter of self and impulse control, I've not only noticed (couldn't really help BUT) those individuals who have little self or impulse control are those whose lives are a trainwreck.

Yes, I've studied psychology (not as a major...who hasn't had Psych 101 in high school?) so Maslow heirarchy of needs, interesting because the majority of people are so hung up on the basics, if you even said self actualization or explained it, would be like talking to Homer Simpson....just give them a donut and tell them to zip it.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 77
view profile
History
What are the basic needs of a human being?
Posted: 4/25/2010 10:16:17 AM
For infants/newborns thriving and surviving is dependent on what is being offered to them in the way of nurture/love/touch, and therefore is built on "need."

Not exactly. I was saying that the love/touch thing only brings about caretaking. Since the two aren't usually separate people tend to associate them. However if an infant was born and raised with food, clothing, shelter and caretaking/protection from danger sans all the touchy feely bonding stuff - he/she would still grow and live. I should know - my sister and I are fairly good examples of it.

Bucs, I personally am hung on the basics in this thread because the word "basic" was in the overall question in the OP.
 CynthiaMw
Msg: 78
What is the basic needs of a human being?
Posted: 4/27/2010 8:55:20 PM

To have verbs and nouns agree.

This thread uses the word "need" which is basic survival. As in, you'll die if you don't get it. All else is want, or a bonus.

No "this thread" doesn't, some posters do. And that would be far too constrained a use of the word "need". Per merriam-webster:

2 a : a lack of something requisite, desirable, or useful b : a physiological or psychological requirement for the well-being of an organism

Add my vote to the need for 'acceptance and understanding', plus 'touch'.
The former are the basis for love, the latter is the means to communicate it.

Watching the video of the baby monkey laying down to die next to the wire 'mother' was heart-breaking. I needed no other proof that touch is a "need" for not only thriving but survival.
 gadaveuk
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 7:10:26 AM
Hi

We are born with healthy spiritual values and yet due to lifes expereinces lose those values.

We were born with no fear what so ever, we were completely honest and trusted completely.

Due to not being able to heal and nurture different kinds of pain we learn to live in fear.

Frustration demonstrates we do not understand our limtiations and bournaries.

Spiritual values and our conscience is about our healthy interaction with other people.

If our basic emotional needs were not fulfilled who were we going to learn further spiritual values from?

In our societies so much importance is placed up on money material things power.

Yet healthy communities are based up on spiritual values and caring towards all others.

How often do people think that large amounts of money will bring happiness?

How many people can say that thier words and actions did not cause offence or hurt some one today?

If we do not care about our self how can we care about another person?

In order for me to be more caring loving respectful towards other people I need to be more caring loving respectful towards myself.

How is it that as a mature physical adult now I am now learning how important spiritual interaction with other people is important part of my growth and well being.

How can so many supposedly adult people think that sex on its own is love?

How come so many people need to get drunk to be comfortable with them self and with other people?

I now find it is important that nurturing is an important part of my growth.

That if I am healthy I should be able to help others help them selves and fullfill their own wants and needs as healthy people?

Can we relearn those spiritual values we lost that long time ago

Can we learn to heal our pains face our fears and understand that serenity prayer helps us understand our limitations in life and realtionships with other people.

By my own actions and words towards myself do I care love respect and protect myself today?

Am I fulfilling my spiritual wants and needs today in healthy way today?

Is my emotional age and physical age the same today?

Love and peace to everyone Dave.
 navywoman
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/5/2010 8:08:48 AM
One day to live; definitely my check book with me as I want to have fun. As basic needs I need food, water, air, and shelter. Love, nuturing, relationships are not a need, but more a want. I may not sound romantic but I am practical.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2010 12:17:22 PM

No "this thread" doesn't, some posters do. And that would be far too constrained a use of the word "need".

In the title question, the OP addressed "basic need". So that's what I'm rolling with - the bare minimum.
 Consigliori
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2010 1:35:51 PM
They is: to have a sense of humor, a wee bit of Grace, and a whole lot of gravy.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/6/2010 2:39:22 PM
Dont forget the Wasabi and I still look better in a bikini top.
 Consigliori
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2010 2:45:37 PM
Basic human needs - cups that runneth over. And wasabi.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/9/2010 1:03:51 PM
I am finding more and more that I just prefer to be left alone.
Keep your whimsey, politics, overintrusive, namby pamby feel good Kumbaya cr@p away from me.
The solution to everything is not a hug or 'love' or peace or 'understanding'

Sometimes, and I am discovering it is more often than not, it is solitude, independence, and a clear exit strategy.
 .dej
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 1:17:08 PM
Basic needs of a human being... that's not even really an open area of discussion. If anybody is curious as to the correct answer to the question, you can find it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs

Needs prioritize. We have certain physiological needs: air, food, water, sex, sleep, etc...

Once those needs are met, we have another set of needs on a higher hierarchy that we seek to fill: security, employment, shelter, etc...

Then as those needs are met, we seek to fulfill a third tier... and so on. If you knock the security of someone's needs out on a lower level, they will abandon their need to fulfill needs on a higher level until they reestablish their baser needs. Example: if you remove someone's access to water, they will abandon their concern for self-esteem or creativity until they restore their access to a vital resource to their survival.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/9/2010 1:18:13 PM
You mean I dont have to push my car down the street before I start it when I leave at 4 am after raiding your fridge, doing my laundry, and helping myself to a few gifts on your credit card? Awesome dude. Thats everyones basic need in life; an exit.
 Savona
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/9/2010 3:17:03 PM
^^^^ Awww another broken picker.

You mean I dont have to push my car down the street before I start it when I leave at 4 am after raiding your fridge, doing my laundry, and helping myself to a few gifts on your credit card? Awesome dude. Thats everyones basic need in life; an exit.

My basic RELATIONSHIP needs being a human and all are:

Fun
Attractive
Sexual
Intelligent
Sexy as hell
Great hands
Good kisser
N Big balls

Who needs the food and water ... just the air that I breath and to love you.

Savona
 valenciacityx
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/10/2010 4:00:53 PM
an exit strategy does not imply sneak out quitely. Hell fire off the engine and set off all the car alarms as I leave
Its what a Harley Davidson does the best.
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/10/2010 4:14:01 PM
^^^ Dont go all biker on me honey. My first Harely was a 57 pan hard tail with a suicide. My last I recently sold (age and health issues won, along with needing the money) was a 76 Low Rider 1100. Im not impressed with loud. My basic needs in life when I was young were Harleys, gas, and sex. Guess what? I grew up.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/11/2010 12:57:44 AM
mmmm 57 FL Pan, iconic. The Low Rider is a 77 Model, but available in 76, gotta love the SPAM can air cleaner. Sorry to see them go, I hope you are feeling better as well.
Harleys, gas,sex.... damn shame I did not know you when you were younger before you grew up. I think I would have more interesting stories to tell from my 30's ;)

did 6 years at the local HD dealership, 1400+ riders out there on two because of me. This year I finally get to go to Sturgis because I am NOT working at the dealership anymore.
 redwineguy
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2010 7:21:40 AM
I'm not unemployed...But this article should WAKE a few of you up?
Journal Of An Unemployed Man #2
Posted By WellandPen

I used to sleep in with the best of them. I could stay in bed until the early afternoon without even thinking of going to the bathroom. Yet here I sit at a shade past seven in the morning, writing the latest entry to my journal, without a single place to go. Simply because, I refuse to get lazy in this tough time and the knots in my stomach from being unemployed are too much to sleep through.

As I assumed last week, Marusa Marketing passed on my services. However, as a small light of hope, they are hiring again this week and after a very good first interview the first time around, I hope I can persuade myself into another try with the company.
Also, Zehrs had me in for not one, but two interviews last week. Alas, two deadlines were set for jobs to be offered and my phone did not ring for either one. Zehrs is a very good and very reputable company, but I must admit that the feelings of "I can't get even get hired at Tim Horton's.", "I can't even get hired at Zehrs.", "I can't even get hired at Convergys." are creeping in more and more.
This week I have an appointment with Niagara Funeral Home. They would like to take advantage of my writing skills for poetry cards, programs, etc. As well, I am set to make a presentation to them to make photo montages for their services. This job would suit me very well with my background in writing and creative exploits and would love, more so then alot of jobs, to catch on in some respect. The only road block here is that I am without a driver's license and Niagara Funeral Home is located in Niagara Falls. It would take some interesting bus scheduling to accept and maintain this position, but desperate men do desperate things.
If I seem a bit depressed. If I seem a little more subdued then I have in the past, I truly do appologize. The lack of luck I have been having is really starting to get agitating and borderline depressing. If I did have my beutiful, caring and supportive partner by my side, I would certainly have given up long ago and retreated back to Ottawa.
I find all the writing I have been doing this past week for all of you has also been helping me focus. It is one of the few fun things I have to look forward to every day. I hope all of you enjoy reading as much as I do writing.
The fight continues. I hope I have some better news for you next week. In closing let me say, goodbye.
 Vannili
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 7:40:44 AM
The primary basic needs of human being is food ,water and shelter....> After this been met then it goes to the second level of his human being needs-----------------------VVVVV

The basic needs for his soul is to LEARN THE MEANING OF LIFE, exerting energy toward a job , to fulfil his dream ( talent), to care and love,(raising a family,) then when he experienced all of these,he give back to the world ,what he taken ,> love/ kindness to the afflicted/poor... It could be his talent,time or money...........
Vannili
 salamander000
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2010 8:21:40 PM
I guess we can forget spleens, a heart that pumps, and a liver that works.....
oh, considering people in comas,
I guess we can count out brains also.

Personally? Sex, music, stimulating conversation and touch,
but once again, those are luxuries
 platypus_man
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2010 9:41:11 PM
What I find to be absolutely amazing is that the so called mental health professional community totally ignores the need for physical affection. I'm not talking about sex; I'm talking about the need for physical contact with another person. I discovered it when I was about 15; that was a very long time ago. Yet today, so may people are being treated for supposedly mental health problems, but the need for affection is completely ignored. The get all kinds of medications, discussions, therapy, god forbid ECT or surgery, but no one ever touches these people. Someday this will be realized to be a completely barbaric treatment of human beings.
 gadaveuk
Msg: 96
view profile
History
What is the basic emotional wants and needs of a human being?
Posted: 7/12/2010 7:42:59 AM
Hi

You are quite correct that affection and urturing are a big part of childs growth.

Hence things like emotional and physical abandonment have such a devistating and adverse impact on a childs growth.

Some people confuse affection and cuddling as sexual.

When very young children are hurt or are crying often another child of any sex will give them an affectionate squiss to hel them nurture them self.

Sadly as like style gets faster and faster we do nto have time for our self or time for other people.

We lose out on affectionate contact with other people.

Ladies will quite willing give each other a squeze because deep down they know instinctly how important nurturing is.

I questioned two ladies breast feeding one day.

I asked is it the mother nurturing the child or is ti teh bab burturing the mother or is it a two way street.

Both with out hesitating said it was verymuch a two way street.

A man will not understand that expereince ?

Also that ladies are willing to be more open emotinally than men.

Yet I would say that often ladies will often hold a grudge aginst men for betraying their trust.

Would that indicate that ladies have a problem with healing their own pain?

Love and peace to everyone

Dave.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 97
Posted: 7/12/2010 11:54:19 AM
food, water and shelter would be pretty high on your lsit if you didn't have them

I think that psychologist Dr. Abraham Maslow covered this off quite well many years ago in his "Hierarchy of Needs" ( published, 1943)

http://images.creditwritedowns.com/2009/01/800px-maslows_hierarchy_of_needssvg.png

breathing air, food, water sex come before love & affiliation, etc.
 gadaveuk
Msg: 98
view profile
History
What is the basic emotional needs of a human being?
Posted: 7/13/2010 5:56:55 AM
Hi

I am sorry that I took it for granted that you were breathing and a live when reading my post.

I should have put heading "What is the basic emotional needs of a human being?"

On the web site I tend tot alk about spiritual values and emotional growth.

But thank you for putting me right.

Regards

Dave
 gadaveuk
Msg: 99
view profile
History
What is the basic emotional needs of a human being?
Posted: 11/27/2010 6:41:23 AM
Hi

If you see children play because they are fealess they not only interact in a playful way but also are able to nurture and heal each other when another child is in any kind of pain.

Healthy interaction is beased up spiritual values, as we go against our conscience we go against those basic spiritual values.

Then the argumant who is responsible for a childs spiritual values?

The parents say it is the teachers responsibility.

The teachers say it is the parents responsibility.

Our chilren are our future they are our politicians our religious leaders and if they do not get the message of spiritual values and well being we go on asking for more police to hide the fact that spiritual values are failing.

Every time any person what so ever justifies not encouraging spiritual growth or goes against spiritual values they cheat them self.

Spiritual values are about healthy living and healthy interactions between all people.

Do I understand today the deeper reasons behind each one of the spiritual values and actions today, that each spiritual value embraced is important in to my character building such as healthy unconditional loving unconditional giving forgiving apologizing caring trusting trust worthy patience tolerance humility sincere honest faithful loyal optimistic self assured and well self balanced punctual courteous respectful considerate grateful content productive creative constructive nurturing sharing encouraging optimistic cooperative aware content stable humble open minded self confident calm proud love and serene.

How much time energy and effort am I willing to invest in to healthy living today?

Is fear holding me back from living my life to the full today?

Love

Dave.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is the basic needs of a human being?